To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Joe Allen

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Re: Joe Allen

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

Sutter Kane wrote:
blahblah wrote:Stoke next, so Stoke should bag a few
Agreed. The potters are a sitting duck for Stoke at the moment.
Eh?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I think SK is responding sarcastically to BB's typo / brief mind-block. ;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Which I still didn't get, lol

Hull next....

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Sutter Kane wrote:
blahblah wrote:Stoke next, so Stoke should bag a few
Agreed. The potters are a sitting duck for Stoke at the moment.
Yea shame it's not Hull eh?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Excuse me but is Allen really nailed on?!

Who was playing in the hole for Stoke last season?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Finisher1 wrote:Excuse me but is Allen really nailed on?!

Who was playing in the hole for Stoke last season?
Well he's definitely not nailed on in the AM slot with the likes of Bojan around. Unless he keeps up most of the underlying stats he's showing. Which he probably won't long term. If he does well this weekend or next though, he'll rocket even more in value. I'm not taking the chance he hasn't just found his 'position' though and also not passing up a likely easy 0.2mn profit.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Nobody. They had Diouf up front (when he wasn't injured, or sometimes Crouch) and Shaqiri and Arnie picking up the pieces when the seven at the back lumped it up field.

Actually, make that eight, as Butland got an assist too.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

TheoRiginal wrote:Nobody. They had Diouf up front (when he wasn't injured, or sometimes Crouch) and Shaqiri and Arnie picking up the pieces when the seven at the back lumped it up field.

You obviously haven't watched Stoke recently.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Potters82 wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:Nobody. They had Diouf up front (when he wasn't injured, or sometimes Crouch) and Shaqiri and Arnie picking up the pieces when the seven at the back lumped it up field.

What do you think Potters82? Do you think it's likely that Allen will become nailed on playing in the hole?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Potters82 wrote:

The question was asked about last season, not the even more abject recent displays.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

Finisher1 wrote:
Potters82 wrote:

What do you think Potters82? Do you think it's likely that Allen will become nailed on playing in the hole?
For the next few weeks at least, he will stay there.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Potters82 wrote:

The question was asked about last season, not the even more abject recent displays.
I was referring to your comments about lumping it forward, we play as much football as anyone these days.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Another two assists tonight's and double figure hall. Watching the game he's been everywhere.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

The Username wrote:Another two assists tonight's and double figure hall. Watching the game he's been everywhere.
Looks the real deal. As said in commentary he's barely given the ball away or put a foot wrong all night. Delighted with my 4th mid punt :D

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Joe Allen is a lad. Bony finally finding some form as well. Stoke are on the way up, good for them.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

I have him as my fifth midfielder, thankfully he comes of the bench for Walcott this week, something to think of though is down grading my forth midfielder (lalanna) to upgrade my third to a super premium. Basically Allen or Gundog, may enable a second super premium midfielder, just as Hazard is catching fire.

Currently that sub 5.5 mill spot is throwing up some good candidates.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I probably need to consider if he's a better bet than the 3rd striker options. He did look the real deal and has had the stats all season. Can I really bring him in ahead of Coutinho, Firmino or even Sterling/Walcott though?

352 is an argument though.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Him & McArthur got me 25 points this week; not bad for £9.7M or 0.7M above base :D

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I see people are starting to drop him, suspended next gameweek but has he also lost his place in the hole?

If he's going to be playing in the hole again soon, selling him could be a real mistake.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I see people are starting to drop him, suspended next gameweek but has he also lost his place in the hole?

If he's going to be playing in the hole again soon, selling him could be a real mistake.
I'd have thought he will move back up the pitch when the injury situation clears up. Bojan was always a risk in terms of Allen's positioning but I don't think Allen's or Stoke's form warranted him dropping back without the midfield injuries they suffered.

Unless the sellers are changing structure, I don't really know who they are jumping ship onto as Allen's underlying stats are/were pretty superior to alternatives. I suppose an upgrade to Snodgrass would be attractive fixture-wise but Hull are pretty ordinary. My money is on the sellers being a bit knee-jerky due to the flag, possibly expecting a big price drop, but I agree it seems wrong to sell him for a one game ban unless you're jumping off the price point completely.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

I need to bag that 0.2 profit. Allen is not someone I can trust, especially after Capue's 1st minute goal. :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The temptation is there to bank the profit and drop down to a base pricer, but I think I'll probably hold for now and then re-assess next week, to see if I can find an obvious use of the funds.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:I see people are starting to drop him, suspended next gameweek but has he also lost his place in the hole?

I'd have thought he will move back up the pitch when the injury situation clears up. Bojan was always a risk in terms of Allen's positioning but I don't think Allen's or Stoke's form warranted him dropping back without the midfield injuries they suffered.

Unless the sellers are changing structure, I don't really know who they are jumping ship onto as Allen's underlying stats are/were pretty superior to alternatives. I suppose an upgrade to Snodgrass would be attractive fixture-wise but Hull are pretty ordinary. My money is on the sellers being a bit knee-jerky due to the flag, possibly expecting a big price drop, but I agree it seems wrong to sell him for a one game ban unless you're jumping off the price point completely.
Oh wow! Allen went from two yellows to five yellows in three consecutive games since I bought him. Wow. Just wow! Didn't see that coming!

At the same time Diego Costa has been on four yellows for about the whole season and there's no way he would take a yellow today either. No way.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Anybody looking at Allen again as a 4th mid to enable three premiums up front?

5.2m playing as a #10 for a mid table team is attractive.

Just playing around on the transfer page and I realised for only a 4 point hit, I can have -

Sanchez Hazard Walcott Allen
Costa Kane Ibrahimovic

Phillips is only 0.3 more, but I'm not sure he's as central to WBA's offence as Allen is for Stoke. Zaha is 0.5 more than Allen but he may be off to Africa soon anyway.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I bought him this week as he was all I could afford after Gündogan dropped to 5.2 (purchased at 5.8 - oy). Tough fixtures now but them's the breaks...

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'd have had him for Antonio if I could have then made Ibra in for Vardy. However when I've had Allen he's started off well then vanished. Bit like Siggy really :(

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I've got him as my 4th mid rotating with a 4th defender. I think personally he will tick along at about 4ppg for the rest of the season. He won't set the world on fire but he is probably as reliable as anyone under £6m with the possible exception of Phillips. HUL & SUN in the next five and then a decent little run of fixtures.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Also hoping for a little boost with Arnautovic out

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

Payet wrote:I need to bag that 0.2 profit. Allen is not someone I can trust, especially after Capue's 1st minute goal. :D
Capoue is quite capable of matching Allen's 3 weeks in 4 yellow cards with the occasional goal chucked in once every couple of months or so.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

In which roll did he play against Liverpool and Chelsea? Flashscore had him deeper again, next to Adam. Or were Stoke playing five (or say three, like Chelsea) at the back?
I like their fixtures and with Allen at 5.2m he could prove to be a good asset for the fourth or fifth midfielder spot.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”