To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW9 transfer, deadline 22 Oct 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW9 transfer, deadline 22 Oct 11:30

Post by JoonaR16 »

Who should I choose as Baines replacement at 5.2m? Could be a lot cheap too, I'm just wondering who's good value at the moment.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

JoonaR16 wrote:Who should I choose as Baines replacement at 5.2m? Could be a lot cheap too, I'm just wondering who's good value at the moment.
Pieters, Smith and maybe Stones come to my mind after seeing your team.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Geri wrote:
JoonaR16 wrote:Who should I choose as Baines replacement at 5.2m? Could be a lot cheap too, I'm just wondering who's good value at the moment.
Pieters, Smith and maybe Stones come to my mind after seeing your team.

I own Smith and Stones already, going for Pieters myself. Bank next week all being well and 2FT GW11 Sanchez :arrow: KDB, Snodgrass :arrow: Walcott

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The Username wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
The Username wrote:...
Don't suppose you know or have heard anything about Baines injury setback have you?
He had a slight reoccurence on Friday before the CIty game mate and hes touch and go for the weekend, personally i cant see them taking a risk given the fixture that's my opinion though, he wants to play himself mind.

For what its worth i transferred him this week for Vertongen.
:? Oh well, he's been a massive disappointment then :lol:

Bye bye Baines, although maybe not until next GW (I'll have to look at the fixtures and come up with some sort of replacement plan).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Capoue/Janssen :arrow: Walcott/Diomande done.

Changing it up and trying a different approach for a couple of weeks

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Notned wrote:Capoue/Janssen :arrow: Walcott/Diomande done.

Traitor. :P :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:

Traitor. :P :lol:
:lol: You watch him bag a brace, now!

joseph123
Kevin and Perry

Post by joseph123 »

Not a clue on what to do, got 2 free transfers so I feel like I should do something (there's always somewhere you can improve). Not looking for anything drastic as I'm in a good position atm. I want to sort my defence but that seems an impossible task this year...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

joseph123 wrote:Not a clue on what to do, got 2 free transfers so I feel like I should do something (there's always somewhere you can improve). Not looking for anything drastic as I'm in a good position atm. I want to sort my defence but that seems an impossible task this year...
Friend :arrow: Pieters?

Or a playing keeper in for Jaku, depending on funds in the bank?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Jaku -> Mandanda
Coleman -> Stones

Getting a playing keeper with half a chance of an occasional clean sheet, and a cheap defender with just as much chance of a clean sheet as anybody.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Surprised you're selling Coleman just as his fixtures start to look decent?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

Mav3rick wrote:Surprised you're selling Coleman just as his fixtures start to look decent?
Everton's defence looks indecent though, and Coleman doesn't look happy going forward these days.

joseph123
Kevin and Perry

Post by joseph123 »

Notned wrote:
joseph123 wrote:Not a clue on what to do, got 2 free transfers so I feel like I should do something (there's always somewhere you can improve). Not looking for anything drastic as I'm in a good position atm. I want to sort my defence but that seems an impossible task this year...
Friend :arrow: Pieters?

Or a playing keeper in for Jaku, depending on funds in the bank?
Literally just been looking at putting Pieters in for Friend, was maybe even thinking of going Pieters and Grant for Friend and Jaku.
Too much stoke? They do have good fixtures, also I'm not sure when Butland is meant to be back

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Surprised you're selling Coleman just as his fixtures start to look decent?
Everton's defence looks indecent though, and Coleman doesn't look happy going forward these days.
Not sure, does their defence look that bad? Thought they did pretty well against a fairly rampant city attack.

If Baines was fit I'd be happily playing him these next two GWs at least. I'd be tempted to save your second free and use it next week tbh.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

Can't decide on how to replace Baines (due to his injury) and Antonio (poor form, playing deeper again):

Option 1: for Holebas and Coutinho
Option 2: for Morgan and Walcott

I'd appreciate any advice and gut feelings :)

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Fixtures look decent for both - Coutinho and Holebas. Also, Holebas offers you an attacking option and I saw him on set-pieces few times (corners), so there is always a possibility for an assist or goal. Coutinho's 10 points were denied by DeGea last week, so... go for it.

Baxter92
Wideboy

Post by Baxter92 »

mr.stanishev wrote:Can't decide on how to replace Baines (due to his injury) and Antonio (poor form, playing deeper again):

Option 3: Holebas & Walcott - save the cash. (But if you have Sanchez & no Liverpool, i'd probably go Holebas & Coutinho)

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Pulled the trigger on Saturday already. Don't feel too comfortable really, but let's see how this pans out! :D

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

with Evans suspended and Baines out aswell, it's time to drop Baines after not playing a single time and losing 0.1 TV :roll:
Pretty happy with my front 7 for this weeks fixtures and taking 1 more week to find Antonio's replacement.

Baines --> Pieters

go to 1.8 ITB and roll over a transfer, as mentioned above Antonio is likely to leave the team next week and 1.8 ITB with 2 FT should give me plenty of options.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

zerinot wrote:with Evans suspended and Baines out aswell, it's time to drop Baines after not playing a single time and losing 0.1 TV :roll:
Pretty happy with my front 7 for this weeks fixtures and taking 1 more week to find Antonio's replacement.

Baines --> Pieters

go to 1.8 ITB and roll over a transfer, as mentioned above Antonio is likely to leave the team next week and 1.8 ITB with 2 FT should give me plenty of options.
Done the same move myself. Banking next week in order to go Sanchez :arrow: KDB and Snodgrass :arrow: Walcott GW11; subject to injuries etc.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Mav3rick wrote:
The Username wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Don't suppose you know or have heard anything about Baines injury setback have you?
He had a slight reoccurence on Friday before the CIty game mate and hes touch and go for the weekend, personally i cant see them taking a risk given the fixture that's my opinion though, he wants to play himself mind.

Bye bye Baines, although maybe not until next GW (I'll have to look at the fixtures and come up with some sort of replacement plan).
He could be back next week though mate, ive heard its a minor reoccurance and he was touch and go for the weekend, Koeman must have decided against. He was vague yesterday about how long he would be out for, but thats the last i heard on him. His fixtures turn after next week and his price s beginging to plummet so take that into context as well.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

Mav3rick wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:
Not sure, does their defence look that bad? Thought they did pretty well against a fairly rampant city attack.

If Baines was fit I'd be happily playing him these next two GWs at least. I'd be tempted to save your second free and use it next week tbh.
Ah, I realise now I didn't make myself clear. I was actually making a suggestion or two to Joseph123's defensive predicament. Apologies for the confusion.

And having watched the last three Everton games it seems to me that when Baines doesn't play, they lack balance at the back - and I am sorry, but last week giving away two stone cold penalties against a largely Aguero-free attack doesn't fill me with confidence.

Which is why I actually have Baines, not Coleman, in my squad, and I am happy to keep him on the bench while he is injured (and for Everton's couple of awkward games before Christmas) as I reckon that they have a very good chance of clean sheets while he is giving the others in the back three the confidence that Oviedo, or maybe Funes Mori, won't. He (or Coleman, who seems much more adventurous when Baines is playing) might even get the odd bonus or attacking points.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The Username wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
The Username wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

He could be back next week though mate, ive heard its a minor reoccurance and he was touch and go for the weekend, Koeman must have decided against. He was vague yesterday about how long he would be out for, but thats the last i heard on him. His fixtures turn after next week and his price s beginging to plummet so take that into context as well.
Yeah, I'll hold on to Baines up to the point that he looks like dropping, then he'll be off. If he's back next week and avoids a drop, then great I'll keep him, but if there's uncertainty and an impending price drop then he's gone.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

mr.stanishev wrote:Can't decide on how to replace Baines (due to his injury) and Antonio (poor form, playing deeper again):

Personally I would prefer Holebas and Walcott and with money in the bank. Isn't Morgan still injured? back Ithink it was.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

19Yorke wrote:

Pulled the trigger on Saturday already. Don't feel too comfortable really, but let's see how this pans out! :D
Wish I'd have done the same, but got too jittery about Champions League injuries. Cost myself 0.2m and probably priced myself out of a keeper upgrade down the line..

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: RE: Re: GW9 transfer, deadline 22 Oct 11:30

Post by Calvin1979 »

Stemania wrote:
Calvin1979 wrote:I'm considering Sanchez > Walcott to allow for Capoue (4th mid) > Coutinho.

Edit: Done. Now just need to worry about my 8.1 keeper combo and the fact that Gareth Barry is my 5th midfielder :oops:
You've got a very interesting team there now, Calvin. Long term I can't actually say with any confidence that I'd bet against Costa/Coutinho outscoring Sanchez/Best-midrange striker (and the other combo is where many FISOers have found themselves), especially if Sanchez gets moved back to LW at some point. I think I'd have desperately tried to keep hold of Sanchez over Costa for now in your situation, but I know only too well that the mid-price striker situation is a bit tricky so get it completely. Ditching Sanchez the week he'll likely top the captain poll is definitely ballsey, but it actually doesn't look a terrible call to me with your lineup. :D

You got any bubbling KBD plans or is the aim to stick basically 'the whole front 7 over 8m' for the forseeable?
Yeah quite ballsey getting rid of Sanchez but Wally has matched him so far so why not again?

Nail on the head with KDB being the one player I'm scared of not having atm (ok, perhaps Alexis too now). Still, he's only ever two transfers away.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

Weisenwolf wrote:

Personally I would prefer Holebas and Walcott and with money in the bank. Isn't Morgan still injured? back Ithink it was.
I've gone for Holebas and Walcott indeed which leads to +0.4 ITB.
Btw, Morgan is a very good option (if he's fit) as Leicester have good run of clean sheet potential matches.

jv95
Treebeard

Post by jv95 »

Not sure if I should save my FT or do Antonio -> Lallana. Probably leaning towards the latter.

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

Did Capoue :arrow: Marney last night to bank 0.4 profit before his drop. Had him from week 1 and would have liked to keep him really but I imagine this is not the only drop he will have.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Townsend :arrow: Stanislas

Temporary oops.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”