To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

(Is it time to get rid of) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

(Is it time to get rid of) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by owenclass »

I have had him since the start of the season and i think now after him not doing anything against Stoke, it maybe time get rid of him for Costa

What do you guys think
Last edited by Stemania on 18 Dec 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit to reflect merging of threads

JJ Zen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2014

Re: Is it time to get rid of Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by JJ Zen »

He Still get the most shot, shot in box stats among all players. Just unlucky not to score against Stoke. If u dump him, might miss his next explosion and regret IMHO

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Gone.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think now is the time to get rid, not if the price drops didn't worry you before.

He could have easily scored a brace against Stoke, I'm not sure how he didn't score at least once, and his numbers are great. Assuming that you have Aguero and Lukaku already and if you have taken him in place of someone like Sanchez, I'd keep him really as no other striker apart from maybe Costa, who is under threat of a ban, stands out.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't think now is the time to get rid, not if the price drops didn't worry you before.

He could have easily scored a brace against Stoke, I'm not sure how he didn't score at least once, and his numbers are great. Assuming that you have Aguero and Lukaku already and if you have taken him in place of someone like Sanchez, I'd keep him really as no other striker apart from maybe Costa, who is under threat of a ban, stands out.
Chelsea and Liverpool away swung it for me - we look like creating naff all.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

All Manure need vs Liverpool is a few corners and they will score against Jurgen's Diddymen.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Liverpool is a game that Man Utd can easily score in from set pieces (as Blah has said), and Ibra will be there for them so I wouldn't write that off yet. Chelsea away I agree is tougher, but Man Utd (or maybe Ibra himself) are (is) creating chances. He had at least two golden chances against Stoke from memory.

What I find ironic is that early season he was having very few shots and scoring lots, now he's having loads of shots and converting about as well as a drunk Johnny Wilkinson in a blindfold :lol: FFS had an article up today about whether PPG or underlying stats are better to look at, I won't start that particular debate here but it seems that Ibra's ownership are definitely in the PPG camp.

Personally, with his stats, I see him coming good anytime soon.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 13 Oct 2016, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

I`ve noticed he`s starting to come deeper and deeper to look for the ball, reminiscent of Rooney when nothing was being created.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Chelski are 5hite :wink:

It is a tad weird that he seems to be scoring when he has less chances, which kinda screws all the stat stuff?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

reddevil 99 wrote:I`ve noticed he`s starting to come deeper and deeper to look for the ball, reminiscent of Rooney when nothing was being created.
He was doing that in the matches that he scored in too.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I sold him this week as part of a plan to get KDB in.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

week 6 for 10.9M was when to get rid IMHO.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

There's strikers with much better fixtures coming up and in better form. I ditched him for some profit few weeks back and never been happier. I think you missed the prime time to drop him, but the Stoke fixture was mouth watering for people, but he took a-0.4 price drop in one GW. It really wasn't worth hanging on to him. Since you missed his price drop, you could get away with hanging on to him with hope he picks up a haul in 2 difficult away fixtures.. but it's ill-advised with strikers with better fixtures and cheaper coming up.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I'm thinking of bringing him back in

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

ZeroRemorse wrote:I ditched him for some profit few weeks back and never been happier.
You've never had two bags of crisps fall from a vending machine, then?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

bspittles wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:I ditched him for some profit few weeks back and never been happier.
You've never had two bags of crisps fall from a vending machine, then?
When that happens to me I have to buy a second pack. I'd rather have two for the price of two that some other undeserving eff gets my crisps free :lol:

Should probably vote conservative at the next election I guess...

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

ZeroRemorse wrote:...but he took a-0.4 price drop in one GW...
I didn't think that was possible. :? Unless I'm mistaken, it was probably 0.1 just before the deadline, then 0.3 in the following GW. :wink:

For those of us who only owned him for the 2 home games, it was incredibly frustrating. Poor underlying stats early on in the season, but loads of points. Then the stats improve, Aguero gets a ban, Ibra has two home games including a Leicester side quite some way off their last season's form, and the poorest defence in the division in Stoke, and all the signs are there for a short term punt. They put 4 past Leicester, Ibra gets nothing. Then he has quite possibly his best individual performance of the season against Stoke, and again gets nothing. As mentioned above, his price absolutely plummeted like crazy in between those two games (I still don't really understand that - I know Aguero was back, but Ibra was the bookies favourite to score by some distance, with the easiest match imaginable), but the double blank from two home games, the plummeting price, and the more difficult upcoming fixtures, meant that I had to move to Aguero (as soon as last GW deadline passed infact). For anyone who has him now, if you've had him since early on, you're probably in a good enough position to hold for a while if you want to, given how unlucky he was against Stoke. However those like me who only brought him in for the two supposedly easier games pretty much had to get rid, otherwise I'd now be in fear of getting so far detached from the leaders of my main league that I'd never be able to catch up. So maybe in depends partly how long people have had him already (but only because that is related to their current league position and therefore how much risk they can take at the moment). Or maybe I'm just talking rubbish. :)

EDIT: League position and other such factors aside, if I was creating a team now just for this week or the next few weeks, would I have Ibra? Definitely not. Would I hold him if he was already in my team? As long as I could spare the transfer with no urgent matters elsewhere, probably not.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I tried but I can't forgive that Stoke blank. Perfect week to punish the disbelievers of Zlatanera :(

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Even if he scores unless Costa, Kak etc. blank too not much will change as far as whether he's worth having or not.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

I just checked after weeks of posts about selling and was *really surprised* by this factoid:

Ibrahimovic is still the most picked player in FPL
He currently has 46.7% ownership - by definition, more than Aguero, Costa, Capoue, Coutinho, Walker, De Gea etc

Despite his fall to 11.4 this morning, I am gonna hold for a while. His underlying stats say to me that he has been pretty unlucky with his conversion rate. Anyway, I've already sacrificed a bunch of points and TV over previous GWs so I'm gonna stand firm and wait for the flood-gates to open. I hope to have my faith rewarded.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

djskope wrote:I just checked after weeks of posts about selling and was *really surprised* by this factoid:

Ibrahimovic is still the most picked player in FPL
He currently has 46.7% ownership - by definition, more than Aguero, Costa, Capoue, Coutinho, Walker, De Gea etc

Despite his fall to 11.4 this morning, I am gonna hold for a while. His underlying stats say to me that he has been pretty unlucky with his conversion rate. Anyway, I've already sacrificed a bunch of points and TV over previous GWs so I'm gonna stand firm and wait for the flood-gates to open. I hope to have my faith rewarded.
Dead teams.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

A fact that was even more surprising was revealed in the FFS podcast this week - that Ibrahimovic over the last 4 GWs has been returning Suarez levels of underlying stats :shock:

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Mav3rick wrote:A fact that was even more surprising was revealed in the FFS podcast this week - that Ibrahimovic over the last 4 GWs has been returning Suarez levels of underlying stats :shock:
That's interesting and should be more investigated (perhaps in the "What stats are you looking at"-thread).

I got rid before GW6, mostly because how United looked. Apart from Leicester thay haven't scored much. And other teams do look way more dangerous. Perhaps the share of stats in those teams makes Ibras stats so impresssive, on paper?
Last edited by PleasedToMichu on 15 Oct 2016, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Double post

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Dead teams.
Doesn't the 'dead teams' factor get somewhat negated by the fact that most of the popular players will have a similar ratio for being picked by dead teams?

i.e. a similar number of dead teams will have Aguero, Costa, Sanchez, De Gea etc.
The 'dead team' factor may affect all of big names by the approximately the same amount?

Anyhow, what sub-percentage of Ibra's 46.7% would you estimate are dead teams?

5%? 10%? 25%?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

djskope wrote:
Doesn't the 'dead teams' factor get somewhat negated by the fact that most of the popular players will have a similar ratio for being picked by dead teams?

i.e. a similar number of dead teams will have Aguero, Costa, Sanchez, De Gea etc.
The 'dead team' factor may affect all of big names by the approximately the same amount?

5%? 10%? 25%?
No. Ibra's pick % was around 47%-48% first GW. Only dead teams have really left him, hence why he's dropped to 11.4m.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
djskope wrote:

5%? 10%? 25%?
No. Ibra's pick % was around 47%-48% first GW. Only dead teams have really left him, hence why he's dropped to 11.4m.
I didn't really understand your answer to my question.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

May have to get rid.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

An 11m+ striker from a team who have only won once in their last four league matches against three bottom-11 sides in which he scored none. He has got to go if he didn't already.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Again though, another absolutely golden chance last night. His owers must be really frustrated with his returns lately, compounded by the yellow cards.

His stats won't be great from yesterday but then Man Utd didn't really setup for him so that's understandable. He must have a pretty huge dead team ownership so his price might not slide much, is there anyone still holding on to him?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”