To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

(Is it time to get rid of) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Re: Is it time to get rid of Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by ajcairns »

United have been on the cusp of better form for as long as Costa has been on his 4 yellows.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Can he play those 3 league games in 7 seven days is the big question. Not even including if he plays tomorrow in the Europa League.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I'd be very surprised if Zlatan is benched for any league game. He wouldn't have played in all these rubbish midweek cup games if there was any concern about his ability to play twice a week. He must be in very good shape for his age, and United don't have any replacement anywhere near as good as him.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Tempted to bring him back in. Have Austin injured and nobody else is interesting me. Chasing points and think it's worth a punt. Those next 10 fixtures looking decent
Screenshot_2016-12-12-08-03-02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DragonSwag
Treebeard

Post by DragonSwag »

Got him for agy last week. Hoping for a good run but he was kinda shit yesterday tbh

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Should proably change the title of this thread to suit the discussion of whether it's time to bring in Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Would love to get him for the fixture run, but effectively mean losing Sanchez. Tough call. If Costa gets a yellow, I'd be very tempted, or if Kane fails/is injured.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Bergkamp_22 wrote:For me, it comes down to talent, primarily i judge technically, then consistency and physical aspects can come in thereafter.
Zlatan's technical ability is unprecedented, any questioning that and i'd say you or anyone doesn't understand football. His goal record then speaks for itself.
Bergkamp_22 wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:You seem to just dismiss points about, the EPL being a new league for Zlatan, Ligue 1 being easier than the PL, and PSG being more dominant than United. In fact you don't just ignore those concerns, you imply that anyone who makes them somehow doesn't understand football.
You keep referring to Ligue 1 like it's the only league he's played in, he's played in better leagues and that's why it wears thin with me. Let alone the fact the PL (perhaps however, up until this season with the introduction of a better overall standard of managers), is incredibly overrated. I don't care if he's new to the league or not, it's completely overstated and letting Fantasy terms influence yourself.

You were comparing Zlatan with the likes of Balotelli, Falcao and Cavani. Of which, he is in an entirely different league. And indeed, if you don't think so you surely do not understand football :) so don't attempt to change or rather sidestep the point i was making. :lol:
My comments aren't about him being terrible, they're in relation to the fact that I don't think he's worth 11.0m or so in FPL; if he were priced at 9m I'd be being a lot more positive.

In relation to not comparing him to players like Cavani and Falcao because he is in a different league, I think you are being transfixed his big name and flair. You mention goalscoring records so let's look at some.

The top league Zlatan has really made his name in is Italy, in this league he scored 122 goals in 219 appearances. Cavani has also played mostly in Italy, he scored 112 in 213 appearances. Zlatan played for higher ranking teams in Italy, and managed a marginally better scoring record than Cavani (0.557 gpg vs 0.525 gpg).

Zlatan has also played in Holland, Sweden and France; all of which are not as difficult leagues as the PL. The only other League comparable in standard Zlatan played in was La Liga, of which he has a much worse goalscoring record than Falcao.

I think the assertion that Zlatan is in an entirely different league to Cavani and Falcao is slightly strange to be honest, and seems more of a statement based on his celebrity and showmanship, rather than ability as a goalscorer.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Bergkamp_22 wrote: You were comparing Zlatan with the likes of Balotelli, Falcao and Cavani. Of which, he is in an entirely different league. And indeed, if you don't think so you surely do not understand football :) so don't attempt to change or rather sidestep the point i was making. :lol:
In relation to not comparing him to players like Cavani and Falcao because he is in a different league, I think you are being transfixed his big name and flair. You mention goalscoring records so let's look at some.
I think you are wrong CK. Ibrahimovic plays in Premier League, while Balotelli, Falcao and Cavani play in Ligue 1, so they clearly play in different league.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

:lol:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Decided to go with my gut and bring him in. The run of fixtures I posted above are too juicy to ignore. Also if he scores and they win there's a high chance he will get the BPS. Just hope UTD stop being useless and smash it against the weaker teams

Cappadonna
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cappadonna »

Ibra is a far better player than Cavani. He was the best player in that Barcelona team up until Christmas. He then got injured, Guardiola moved Messi into the centre, and the rest is history. The team wasn't built around him, so he "struggled" - and even with his "struggles" he still averaged better than 1 in 2 in La Liga.

If Falcao could have stayed fit then he'd be up there, no doubt. But he didn't, so he isn't.

Rixel
Kevin and Perry

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by Rixel »

Is it looking essential to have Zlatan in your team?

2 'easy' home games coming up :roll:

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by S_sutton87 »

I've just taken a hit to put him in partly due to Costa being suspended too tho but 9 in 9 is hard to ignore and he's leading the line superbly

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Selected him 2 GW ago for this run and he has delivered me 3 goals and an assist.

Wouldn't say he's essential as MU have often struggled more at home to break teams down who sit behind the ball, However he is in decent form having suffered a horrible bad patch earlier on.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Well with Costa out vs BOU and Aguero out vs HUL and Kane is a bit of a donkey, Zlatan is really the top choice home vs SUN.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

Looks to me being essential and being useless changes more abruptly than usual this season (and I do know every man and his dog tend to hold strong opinions on what is unusual every season). There seem to be massive amplitudes occurring every 2-3-4 weeks. Chelsea looked pretty useless after GW4-6 (swa 2-2, LIV 1-2, ars 0-3) and look what happened since. Man United looked shit much longer (GW4-GW10) and Ibrahimovic couldn't score to save his life (but there were phenomenal saves by Grant and Heaton stopping him, to be honest). Spurs seemed like they don't much care while they were in CL. Now City look hopeless at times, but I expect that will change rather soon. It feels the essential Liverpool midfielder is someone else each week, so people keep chasing last week's points, and you never know whether Arsenal aren't on the verge of a "November'.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't know if Ibrahimovic is essential, but if you're smart and fortunate enough, four of five bold, early and somewhat illogical decisions could make your season exceptional.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He's looking good, but no one is essential

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

He's not essential once Aguero returns. Aguero has a higher ceiling.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by Billy Bongo »

ZeroRemorse wrote:He's not essential once Aguero returns. Aguero has a higher ceiling.
I disagree re the ceiling

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Billy Bongo wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:He's not essential once Aguero returns. Aguero has a higher ceiling.

Why do you disagree?

Aguero scored 5 goals in one match last season, he consistently scores hattricks and has numerous braces this season already.

There is only evidence of Aguero having a higher ceiling than Ibra.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

There are several super premium options at the moment. People seem to have little love for Kane suddenly but he also has 5 from 4 since injury. Not convinced the sideways move would definitely be a good idea.

I had my fingers burned by ZI by holding him through his dross and the price falls, before selling when he got booked. Obviously he's back in the big time since. That frustration is maybe clouding my judgement.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by Billy Bongo »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:

Why do you disagree?

Aguero scored 5 goals in one match last season, he consistently scores hattricks and has numerous braces this season already.

There is only evidence of Aguero having a higher ceiling than Ibra.
Team form and player form, if you are basing your opinion on Aguero V a side that got relegated in a game 12 months ago theres not much to say.

As it happens I don't think theres much in it, both could explode it's a close call, but I can't equivocally say Aguero has any better chance of a higher ceiling

That simply suggests city will bounce back and easily outscore utd

Utd 4 wins in last 4, city only 1

That's why

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Billy Bongo wrote:
As it happens I don't think theres much in it, both could explode it's a close call, but I can't equivocally say Aguero has any better chance of a higher ceiling

That's why

That's not much of an argument. It doesn't really matter if a team is winning for a player to get hauls.

Manchester City have scored 34 league goals and Manchester United has scored 24

Aguero has 10 goals in 12 matches.

Ibra has 11 in 16.

Aguero has a proven track record for being prolific in the EPL. Whether you want to count that or not doesn't really matter because it's true regardless of your opinion.

Ibra though inform is good for the time being, but I still predict a fully rested Aguero will score at a faster rate than him and has a higher ceiling in games. It's not a sure thing, but the evidence is there in favour of Aguero.

I hope he becomes a lethal differential.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Post by Billy Bongo »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:

That's why

That's not much of an argument. It doesn't really matter if a team is winning for a player to get hauls.

Manchester City have scored 34 league goals and Manchester United has scored 24

Aguero has 10 goals in 12 matches.

Ibra has 11 in 16.

Aguero has a proven track record for being prolific in the EPL. Whether you want to count that or not doesn't really matter because it's true regardless of your opinion.

Ibra though inform is good for the time being, but I still predict Aguero will score at a faster rate than him and has a higher ceiling in games. I think most people who watch the EPL and have experienced that in this game.
Lol, there is nothing true about a prediction :)

It's just opinions and at the moment short term form and fixtures does not suggest Aguero has a higher ceiling than Zlatan, imho

You disagree, for reasons I can understand but it's looking back at track records etc , I'd rather look at performances on the pitch now

Utd wind in their sales city struggling to find discipline and form

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

United aren't that good. A few wins vs some average opposition isn't a big deal. Some of their performances this season have be far worse than City's.

City's game vs Arsenal today will give us a better idea than United vs WBA.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: (Is it time to get rid of) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by Billy Bongo »

Probably, but 4 wins in a row can't be dismissed that easily for me. And I dont care about the team, this is FPL, I care about my fantasy players, utd could lose 4-3 every game couldn't care

But right now Pogba and Zlatan look better picks than city players

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

ZeroRemorse wrote:United aren't that good. A few wins vs some average opposition isn't a big deal...
It is when their next few games are against even more average opposition.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: (Is it time to get rid of) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by Billy Bongo »

Paul Pogba for Man Utd:

Most passes completed (957)
Most aerial duels won (48)
Most take-ons completed (44)
Most chances created (30) https://t.co/6nRTSQK2ky

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

ZeroRemorse wrote:United aren't that good. A few wins vs some average opposition isn't a big deal.
It is a big deal if they are now showing that they can grind out wins against average teams because 8 out of United's next 10 are against teams in the lower half of the table, so called average teams. It's prime fixtures for Ibra.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

ajcairns wrote:United have been on the cusp of better form for as long as Costa has been on his 4 yellows.

This is rather poignant now :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”