To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeeper, what's your thoughts? (Premium Vs rotation)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Goalkeeper, what's your thoughts? (Premium Vs rotation)

Post by Paulista »

MoSe wrote:
blahblah wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Is it clear how the Hull defence will line up?
My guess is badly now Phelan has the full time job and the initial excitement has gone - it's all down hill from here, imho.
You mean down hull
I'm really phelan that joke 8-)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I just dropped Jaku for Lloris & still have Foster. Probably drop him too in due course.

genevapics
Treebeard

Post by genevapics »

BobMem wrote:Who do you think is the best of the cheapies? I'm no means set on Loris, and would appreciate the extra cash in the bank for a future 4th mid upgrade.

I like the idea of the Hull keeper (Marshall?), but with Jakupovic and Robertson I would cock-block myself on getting Snodgrass, who might be a decent option over the next few.

Imagine not being able to get 4 Hull being an issue!
I have Burnley's Heaton and Robinson; (4.5 + 4.0). Heaton has 30 points, which puts him tied for 3rd for goalies. I am VERY happy with this combo.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

ricardo68 wrote:I went with Stekelenberg (5.0) due to Everton's easy start to the season and have been rewarded with 3, 2, 6, 6, -1, 2, 2 (total of 20). Make of that what you will (I consider it a bit Sh!t).

Then he goes and gets 17! All is forgiven Stek

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

:lol: :lol: so lucky

Ridiculous in a way that Foster came out of a Spurs game with 4pts. Think I might just sack off getting in a new GK and stick with what I've got.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

I've got Foster & Jakupovic and I see no reason why to spend a FT for a GK at the moment. Foster can handle all the matches.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I'm on Grant and Pickford from my wildcard last week. It's a short term plan, but clean sheets are rare to find this season, so I dont see value in any premium yet. I did start the season with Courtois though, more as a safety blanket as I thought Conte, being Italian, would be obsessed for clean sheets.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Have Jaku and Pickford. I'm quite keen to realise the 0.1 in Jaku, essentially making a premium keeper that bit cheaper. Although not a premium, looking at Karius at 4.9.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I hadn't considered Karius, however I like the look of Liverpool's fixtures after the Man U game. Could well be my move this week if my other players come through the week unscathed

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Is Karius first choice now? I've clearly missed something here. What's happened to Mignolet :/

Ive also noticed Grant has played last few games ahead of Given for Stoke, is he first choice now too?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

DonTanTilla wrote:Is Karius first choice now? I've clearly missed something here. What's happened to Mignolet :/

Ive also noticed Grant has played last few games ahead of Given for Stoke, is he first choice now too?
Karius looks to be first choice, but Grant is just a place sitter for when Butland is back in a few(?) weeks.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Goalkeeper, what's your thoughts? (Premium Vs rotation)

Post by Arseshavin »

Stemania wrote:
DonTanTilla wrote:Is Karius first choice now? I've clearly missed something here. What's happened to Mignolet :/

Karius looks to be first choice, but Grant is just a place sitter for when Butland is back in a few(?) weeks.
Karius is priced well and could possible rise a bit if he keeps a few cleansheets. If he starts tonight there should be no worry about bringing him in ahead of Mignolet.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Any thoughts on Karius after tonight? Obviously kept the cleansheet but looked worrying. There isn't any chance of him being dropped unless he had a howler though, is there?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Personally I wouldn't pick him anyway. Someone like Foster or Heaton will probably end with similar points for less cash, and if you have to make a keeper transfer I'd go with one of them despite the immediate fixtures.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

What's the news on butland !? Thinking of bringing grant in

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

yttod1010 wrote:What's the news on butland !? Thinking of bringing grant in
According to this he was due back by the end of this month but has had yet another (small) setback.
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-ci ... story.html?

“It just means that in terms of his recovery, he's lost a week or so. We want him back as soon as possible, but we're not going to take any risks with Jack."

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Jaki dropped like a ninja in the night :x

Meaning 0.1 lost for those who were mulling over what to do like myself.

I suppose I have more time to decide now with another 0.1 not mattering but with Pickford as my other option i need to make a change very soon.

Decisions, decisions.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Who is everyone playing this week and do you need a transfer to get that right goalkeeper in? I'm currently on Pickford as Jakupovic is still my second goalie, but with Arsenal at home I'm looking at a replacement for the latter. However, I don't see a below 5m keeper that stands out this GW.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Grant ......hoping for a little Butland set back to prolong his appearances until I can find funds for someone more expensive

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I know there's options like Grant, Heaton etc, but if I've got Foster and Jakupovic, is there much point getting one in for the latter, leaving me with rotation headaches? Or should I sack Foster off (even with WBA fixtures turning again soon) assuming Heaton's just a better pick, anyway?

I'm basically trying to resist burning a transfer on GKs full stop.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

On Pickford, does anybody know when Mannone is likely to be available to play? I know he is back in full training...

I for one expect Mannone to take back the jersey.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Owsler wrote:I know there's options like Grant, Heaton etc, but if I've got Foster and Jakupovic, is there much point getting one in for the latter, leaving me with rotation headaches? Or should I sack Foster off (even with WBA fixtures turning again soon) assuming Heaton's just a better pick, anyway?

If I had Foster, I wouldn't worry about my goalkeeper situation right now.

If I don't own him (and I don't) and I need my goalkeeper situation solved, I would be looking at Heaton rather than him.

Don't know if that helps. :lol:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm fed up with the whole defensive 7. I have Pickford warming the seat and I think I'm going to do Lloris :arrow: Heaton and put my money where it can earn points. CS's are as rare as rocking horse shit so for me it's about a tough defence that won't let more than one or two in and a chance for saves.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Was happy to stick with the base price pair up until a couple of hours ago, but the impending drop on Jaku, news of Mannone being back in full training for Sunderland and Heaton's imminent rise had me getting twitchy. Hard to argue against the Burnley man as the best value option in the game at the moment given his save record and the largely favourable fixtures. Was close between him and Foster who I think may well match him over the next few, but didn't realise Foster was marginally more expensive (for a few more hours, at least) which also helped swing an early decision.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Owsler wrote:I know there's options like Grant, Heaton etc, but if I've got Foster and Jakupovic, is there much point getting one in for the latter, leaving me with rotation headaches? Or should I sack Foster off (even with WBA fixtures turning again soon) assuming Heaton's just a better pick, anyway?

If I had Foster, I wouldn't worry about my goalkeeper situation right now.

If I don't own him (and I don't) and I need my goalkeeper situation solved, I would be looking at Heaton rather than him.

Don't know if that helps. :lol:
No, that's good, I agree. Should really have got rid of Jakupovic a while back (he's dropping tonight by the looks of it), but just feels like a waste just to save .1, and giving me the rotation headache.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Jaku dropped but he went from 4.1 to 4.0 so he wasn't an issue for me. I've had Heaton and Jak for about 7 game weeks and feel no reason to fix it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”