To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is Hazard doing it again?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Is Hazard doing it again?

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: I think Alli genuinely has a greater goal threat.
I don't think there is much debate about that. One is a goal-getter, the other is a shot-happy creator. :D

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Well it seems now Hazard needs to go. Spurs have a pretty good run of fixtures now, so am giving Alli serious consideration. Already have Eriksen and Kane but holding all three for this tasty-looking run could pay dividends:

Opponent FDR Fixture Difficulty Ranking (1=Low 5=High)
31 Jan 19:45 23 Sunderland (A) 2
04 Feb 17:30 24 Middlesbrough (H) 2
11 Feb 17:30 25 Liverpool (A) 4
26 Feb 12:00 26 Stoke (H) 2
04 Mar 15:00 27 Everton (H) 3
11 Mar 15:00 28 Crystal Palace (A) 2
18 Mar 15:00 29 Southampton (H) 3
01 Apr 15:00 30 Burnley (A) 3
04 Apr 19:45 31 Swansea (A) 1
08 Apr 15:00 32 Watford (H) 2
15 Apr 15:00 33 Bournemouth (H) 2

I do also like Siggy a lot though and the extra £1.5m he frees up over Alli would come in handy..

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

He goes tonight. Already have both Spurs mids.

Thinking of going back to a 3-4-3 by downgrading him to a bench fodder and upgrading Barnes for a -4 to Kane.

Or does anyone think there is an outstanding option in midfield excluding Sanchez, those Spurs mids and Phillips?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Or does anyone think there is an outstanding option in midfield excluding Sanchez, those Spurs mids and Phillips?
What do you think about Coutinho or Firmino?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Paulista wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
If you want/have to move tonight then I wonder if the potential for a blank GW for those two would come into your thinking (if Liverpool make the LC final by beating Saints on Wednesday night)? Beyond the two spurs mids, someone like KDB could be a nice option if you can afford it, but if we are ruling out the Liverpool and Spurs mids, I don't see an awful lot of options between KDB and Sterling, Siggy, Barkley or Antonio at the 7.x level. Walcott coming back to fitness could be a good option if you can wait.

Pogba is maybe the wildcard option, lots of shots, pretty unlucky I think not to score against Stoke.

So actually, maybe quite a few options :lol: I think any of those guys would do a job for the money spent, it just depends on what you're looking for I guess.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 22 Jan 2017, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Paulista wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: Or does anyone think there is an outstanding option in midfield excluding Sanchez, those Spurs mids and Phillips?
If you want/have to move tonight then I wonder if the potential for a blank GW for those two would come into your thinking (if Liverpool make the LC final by beating Saints on Wednesday night)? Beyond the two spurs mids, someone like KDB could be a nice option if you can afford it, but if we are ruling out the Liverpool and Spurs mids, I don't see an awful lot of options between KDB and Sterling, Siggy, Barkley or Antonio at the 7.x level. Walcott coming back to fitness could be a good option if you can wait.

I think any of those guys would do a job for the money spent, it just depends on what you're looking for I guess.
I actually got an eye on Rodriguez if the Saints get knocked out in the FA Cup, which I think will happen. That would also make Firmino and Coutinho less interesting.

The issue here is I want to act tonight.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Joccki_10 wrote:The issue here is I want to act tonight.
For price changes? I'd seriously consider just letting them go now especially if you have squad value north of 106, I have two frees and am even considering letting Alli rise and Hazard fall to have more info later in the GW.

Look on it as using your superior spending power to buy more information.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:
For price changes? I'd seriously consider just letting them go now especially if you have squad value north of 106, I have two frees and am even considering letting Alli rise and Hazard fall to have more info later in the GW.
Sounds sensible, but at the moment I would need every penny for a possible front three of Ibra/Lukaku/Kane in as few gameweeks as possible.

I will have a look after the Barca game, but I think you're right. To be continued...

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Ditched him for Alli

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Last edited by Finisher1 on 22 Jan 2017, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Sounds sensible, but at the moment I would need every penny for a possible front three of Ibra/Lukaku/Kane in as few gameweeks as possible.

I will have a look after the Barca game, but I think you're right. To be continued...
What would make you to change your mind though? Hazard is a definite sell and Tottenham are playing Wycombe, so Alli is very likely left out of the squad. Injuries may happen in training too, but that's rather unlikely.

Also I'm not sure why a good team value would make it less important. In my ideal team I would have Ibra, Costa, Kane, Sanchez, Mane, Alonso, Bellerin etc and that would cost way more than 106!

More money means better players. Always.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Just got rid of him for Carroll at 4.2m. Like I said, I need every penny for my ideal team in GW26 - for which I only need Kane and Costa now - and Carroll will be a bench fodder.

Means I'm switching back to 3-4-3 and playing Barnes - of whom I thought looked very involved at the Emirates - at home to a leaky Leicester.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Been a huge disappointment, so ditching for Alli tonight. The respective price changes on both players swings the early move.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Mav3rick wrote:Well an early subbing is hardly the ideal end to his time in my squad, or maybe it is as it's pretty easy to sell now.

The only decision really is Lukaku or some other midfielder.
I have just got rid and had same dliemma. Also had price changes to consider

Had 2 ft and exact money for what i wanted to do which was....

Hazard - Alli
Benteke - Lukaku
Lallana - Antonio

Freshens things up for a -4 and cures my Hazard and Benteke rage!!

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

I think I'll be going 4.3.3 and using the cash to get Lukaku plus some premium defenders.

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Re: RE: Re: Is Hazard doing it again?

Post by danzku »

Joccki_10 wrote:Just got rid of him for Carroll at 4.2m. Like I said, I need every penny for my ideal team in GW26 - for which I only need Kane and Costa now - and Carroll will be a bench fodder.

Means I'm switching back to 3-4-3 and playing Barnes - of whom I thought looked very involved at the Emirates - at home to a leaky Leicester.
If your ideal team by gw26 has Ibra in it, you know he will most probably miss gw26 & gw28?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

danzku wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Just got rid of him for Carroll at 4.2m. Like I said, I need every penny for my ideal team in GW26 - for which I only need Kane and Costa now - and Carroll will be a bench fodder.

If your ideal team by gw26 has Ibra in it, you know he will most probably miss gw26 & gw28?
Ibra :arrow: Costa after GW25. ;)

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

The way this season in going, Hazard will get a big haul now that everybody is jumping ship. Just like he did last time he was doing it again.
So i'll be keeping.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

I havnt decided yet, but am tempted to hold up against a Liverpool defence that Swansea and Sunderland recently ran a muck.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Liverpool do much better defensively against top sides. It's the lowly ones who they seem to think they can just turn up to beat who cause them problems....

Matches against teams who've scored 2 or more goals v Liverpool this season:

Arsenal 3 Liverpool 4 (1st game of season)
Crystal Palace 2 Liverpool 4
Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3
Liverpool 2 West Ham 2
Sunderland 2 Liverpool 2
Liverpool 2 Swansea 3

Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs have scored 4 goals between them in 5 games v Liverpool this season.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

matmutte wrote:The way this season in going, Hazard will get a big haul now that everybody is jumping ship. Just like he did last time he was doing it again.
So i'll be keeping.
This is influencing my thinking too.
My post #3 in this thread, which I'd forgotten about, was the start of my great decline. Hazard went mad after I got rid of him for Walcott. Then did Sanchez to Hazard, Sanchez took his turn to go mad...

I feel like I'm likely to keep him long term now and take the rough with the smooth, even if there seems to be a lot of rough for someone over £10m.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well he dropped overnight and he's around -47% towards another drop already; brave move to hold.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Well, I got rid of him. So I expect now he will go on one of his runs that makes him quite prolific when he's not in my team.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

eastcentral1 wrote:Well, I got rid of him. So I expect now he will go on one of his runs that makes him quite prolific when he's not in my team.
Well you can trouser the profit and buy him back at a discount; every cloud has a silver lining :D

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Weisenwolf wrote:Well he dropped overnight and he's around -47% towards another drop already; brave move to hold.
Should price changes dictate transfers? I don't think so.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Well he dropped overnight and he's around -47% towards another drop already; brave move to hold.
I know you don't and you are probably right but ignoring them, at least in timing a transfer, is also ill advised.

That said we are now approaching the final third and the DGW and, for some teams, the season is over zone, money will matter less and less as the season closes. Or at least increasing it will.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
I know you don't and you are probably right but ignoring them, at least in timing a transfer, is also ill advised. That said we are now approaching the final third and the DGW and, for some teams, the season is over zone, money will matter less and less as the season closes. Or at least increasing it will.
Sure, I wouldn't ignore them either. It depends if I want to bring in (or to lose) a player anyway. If I know that then I'll sometimes move early. But that's different to being driven by prices, in the first 10 weeks there may be validity in that but not any more I feel.

For me, Hazard will lose me 0.1m in actual value even if he drops 0.3m this week. I will live with that if it happens. If he comes good I will get it back anyway, if not then I will re-ask myself the question again next week. :|

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
I know you don't and you are probably right but ignoring them, at least in timing a transfer, is also ill advised. That said we are now approaching the final third and the DGW and, for some teams, the season is over zone, money will matter less and less as the season closes. Or at least increasing it will.
Sure, I wouldn't ignore them either. It depends if I want to bring in (or to lose) a player anyway. If I know that then I'll sometimes move early. But that's different to being driven by prices, in the first 10 weeks there may be validity in that but not any more I feel.

For me, Hazard will lose me 0.1m in actual value even if he drops 0.3m this week. I will live with that if it happens. If he comes good I will get it back anyway, if not then I will re-ask myself the question again next week. :|
Rufioo, I never previously looked at your squad and it is an excellenent squad, you have plenty of value too and I would struggle to accept some financial cleverness wasn't involved in that :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”