To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 8 Transfers, Deadline; Saturday 15 October 2016, 11:30 BST

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Gameweek 8 Transfers, Deadline; Saturday 15 October 2016, 11:30 BST

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Contemplating;

Antonio :arrow: Son

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Re: Gameweek 8 Transfers, Deadline; Saturday 15 October 2016, 11:30 BST

Post by Terry Henry »

2 free. Thinking:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Terry Henry wrote:2 free. Thinking:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney
Why ship Lukaku?

Is it because Toffees were poor & they face Citizens next or you want Cotty & Deeney looks pretty good too?

Not having a pop just interested :wink:

I've got Antonio & no Liverlove, not sure what to do for the best, if I do the deed odds are Ant will bag a brace next week and I will have a Pooler whose turn it isn't!

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

Weisenwolf wrote:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney
Why ship Lukaku?

Is it because Toffees were poor & they face Citizens next or you want Cotty & Deeney looks pretty good too?

I've got Antonio & no Liverlove, not sure what to do for the best, if I do the deed odds are Ant will bag a brace next week and I will have a Pooler whose turn it isn't!
I don't really want to, but I have nothing in the bank, and I don't think Snodgrass is going to cut it. Arsenal's fixtures look too good to ignore. With Costa and Aguero it had to be Lukaku making way. I think Deeney can keep the pace with Lukaku anyway, and this gives me a more balanced team with the option to move Antonio to Milner after the Utd game and then sort out my non playing defence and keepers - Kingsley and Jak.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

2 free but no idea. Maybe swap a defender as all bar Holebas have nasty fixtures. Will wait for the inevitable injuries from the Internationals to force my hand.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

One free, nothing overly desperate.

Thinking either

Bolaise :arrow: Someone who scores points
or
Shaw/Valencia :arrow: Someone who keeps a clean sheet

I'll see what tomorrow brings

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Not interested in making any changes until the internationals are over.
Either banking or Foster :arrow: Cech

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

What I should have done with the WC, Clyne > Koscielny.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Terry Henry wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney
Why ship Lukaku?

I don't really want to, but I have nothing in the bank, and I don't think Snodgrass is going to cut it. Arsenal's fixtures look too good to ignore. With Costa and Aguero it had to be Lukaku making way. I think Deeney can keep the pace with Lukaku anyway, and this gives me a more balanced team with the option to move Antonio to Milner after the Utd game and then sort out my non playing defence and keepers - Kingsley and Jak.
Your team must be similar to mine; I have the same front three and the Jaku, Kingsley & Antonio issue too. Fortunately I have Chez so probably don't need Cotty but I also have Capoue & McArther and need to play one of them. Hmm what to do.....

The original plan was to dump Costa before the tough fixtures & his 5th yellow but on the back of 12 points....,, eek :shock:
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 01 Oct 2016, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I have 2FT, and really nothing desperate to do, though perhaps there are some tweaks I'm considering. The only players I have that are attracting a reasonable amount of transfers out I have 0.1m leeway on, plus it's the IB so it might be worth holding fire in case of injuries.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney
Why ship Lukaku?

Your team must be similar to mine; I have the same front three and the Jaku, Kingsley & Antonio issue too. Fortunately I have Chez so probably don't need Cotty but I also have Capoue & McArther and need to play one of them. Hmm what to do.....

The original plan was to dump Costa before the tough fixtures & his 5th yellow but on the back of 12 points....,, eek :shock:
Yeah I have Sanchez too, but think they'll rip it up over the next few weeks so taking a chance on Wally. He can easily become Son or someone. Haha, like you I was kinda hoping Costa would get his standard booking or get sent off to make my decision easier, but noooooo. Damn fool. Hmmm. Will sleep on it.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Jaku :arrow: Pickford so far

Was going to get Aguero in tonight, but with Lukaku and Costa both scoring tonight, I just can't do it without seeing how Sergio will get on tomorrow. Already have Ibra.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Barkley to Mata, I've persisted too long

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Tacalabala wrote:Jaku :arrow: Pickford so far
although this looks reasonable for Jaku owners, with Pickford set to Rise tonite (or tomorrow) too...
actually, despite Sun fixtures apparently better than wba ones, neither FFS nor FFFix predict Pick to improve on Foster's scores really
I think I might have better uses for my FT than for a 2nd GK I'd likely bench anyway
Including eventually saving it, or wait till after the NT matches (unless Azpi should Fall earlier)

True, there's no other significant 4.0 gk pick, so you can say better Pickford even on your bench, than a no more playing Jaku
But i don't want to commit my only FT now, even if it will cost me 0.1 more later

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Terry Henry wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Snodgrass --> Walcott
Lukaku --> Deeney
Why ship Lukaku?

Yeah I have Sanchez too, but think they'll rip it up over the next few weeks so taking a chance on Wally. He can easily become Son or someone. Haha, like you I was kinda hoping Costa would get his standard booking or get sent off to make my decision easier, but noooooo. Damn fool. Hmmm. Will sleep on it.
Yea that's what I'm going to do; almost hope a Sunday Yacthing incident wrecks something so I can deal with that instead :lol:

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Help me out with 2 option:

(1) Antonio to Son and downgrade Valencia to 5.0 defender (Stone may be)
(2) Antonio to Lallana (if fit) and roll 1 FT

I don't have any Liverpool mid and have 2 FT

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Was all set for Costa -> Deeney/Defoe and Lanzini -> Sanchez but ditching the current top points scoring striker in the game who's only blanked once this season (last week v Arsenal) seems crazy. Maybe Costa is a keeper for now, strikes me he may have cleaned his act up a bit and looks more focused on scoring rather than scrapping.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

All those Antonio sellers :P

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

From4corners wrote:All those Antonio sellers :P
What do you mean? Are you saying they are making a mistake, or are you laughing because his price will drop etc?

I'm considering Antonio to Walcott after today's games, but if Antonio will continue to play up front (?), it would surely be madness to ditch him, even with West Ham being so poor generally. Wish I had the cash for Townsend ( :oops: ) to Walcott instead.

A lot could happen today though - who knows who the flavour of the month will be in 10 hours time...

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Probably Rondon/Shaw/Mee out. No idea who to replace them with though

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

scarletjim wrote:
What do you mean? Are you saying they are making a mistake, or are you laughing because his price will drop etc?
I believe it'll be a mistake, seeing as he might play up top the next games (albeit I think his best position is on the wing) against Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Stoke in his next four, with Everton also not being defensively sound.

But hey, I'll be pleased to see people selling him. Payet is just an assist away. ;)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I'm inclined to agree. But I do feel a bit exposed not having Walcott, Sterling, or a Liverpool mid. Maybe it will tempt me into my wildcard... :)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Depending on the Kane prognosis, and/or how he gets on today, possibly Janssen to someone. Not sure who, mind.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

scarletjim wrote:

I'm considering Antonio to Walcott after today's games, but if Antonio will continue to play up front (?), it would surely be madness to ditch him, even with West Ham being so poor generally. Wish I had the cash for Townsend ( :oops: ) to Walcott instead.

A lot could happen today though - who knows who the flavour of the month will be in 10 hours time...
A week a go he was the season's must have?

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Terry Henry »

blahblah wrote:
scarletjim wrote:

A week a go he was the season's must have?
At not long ago so was Hazard, but look what happened. The game is about catching those rises in form. Sometimes you have to hop on and hop off. Yes, it doesn't always pan out, but people thought I was mad to sell Ibra for Lukaku a few weeks back. He got me a hat trick that week and a few more since.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

But if Antonio was nailed on as main striker, then at his price, wouldn't he effectively become a season-long pick? A bit like Alli and Mahrez became last season?

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

Antonio is on thin ice, but with a couple of decent fixtures still to come I'll back him in. Need to see a bit more from Son and Walcott before hopping on the bandwagons.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Got 2FT defence is a an issue as is keeper ...but Antonio is a worry mainly due West Ham form ...form vs fixtures wins everytime ...also noticed all my mini league rivals have gone big Arsenal defence that's a worry

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

scarletjim wrote:But if Antonio was nailed on as main striker, then at his price, wouldn't he effectively become a season-long pick? A bit like Alli and Mahrez became last season?
I think Carroll is back soon and they have Ayew coming back too. I can't see many scenarios where Antonio plays up front for more than a few games really. It definitely looks like a plan B if Bilic doesn't think Zaza is cutting it right now rather than a preferred setup.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote: I think Carroll is back soon and they have Ayew coming back too.
It's a pity their fixtures in a few weeks time are so bad tbh. Andy Carroll at 6.1/6.2m in a team with Payet could be a magnificent option. I don't know how secure Carroll would be with Zaza sniffing around, but based on yesterday I would guess fairly so.

I've already been burned by his fitness troubles this year after starting with the big man, but he's well on my watchlist.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”