To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The KDB out transfer - GW7

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

The KDB out transfer - GW7

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Having seen a lot of talk surrounding who to replace KDB with, I thought I'd make a thread to keep all the chat in one place. Replacing a premium mid seems to be having a huge influence on team structure for many of us here. I've also seen a few people mention that they're not sure of when to move, as loss in team value through KDB drops and Sanchez rises can be saved by going early.

I've also seen many needing a second transfer (mainly for a hit) to scrape the funds together to go KDB :arrow: Sanchez.

Personally, my problem here is that my fund-raising transfer relies on bringing in a 5mil defender for a 5.5 (Baines and Shaw) who are currently flagged but have great fixtures if they play this weekend (CPL and STO respectively). Therefore I think in order to save a 0.1 or 0.2 it would be much wiser to bide my time and take on board as much info as possible re: injuries before pulling any trigger. Waiting until further news also means I can see if Sanchez makes it through the CL midweek injury free.

Another fund-raising option would be the sideways Firmino :arrow: Coutinho, allowing my team structure and premium defender strategy to remain the same.

How will you be dealing with KDB and when?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: The KDB out transfer - GW7

Post by Mav3rick »

Sanchez is obviously the simple answer especially with the upcoming fixtures, but I think you could get away with a Liverpool midfielder double up too.

If you have to free up funds then I'm sure waiting for the CL games is worth doing. It's not just Sanchez other popular picks like Sterling could pick up an injury too and would change the way you allocate funds.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

I've already got Sanchez and Firmino so i'm thinking either: Coutinho, Mane, Ozil or Walcott for the arsenal or liverpool double up. Or potentially playing it a bit safer and opting for Sterling. I have no idea which one i'm leaning towards at the moment.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Already own Sanchez so I went KDB > Coutinho before there are any more price changes (a lot of transfers out for KDB today and I prefer to make the move early rather than be "surprised" when the price change websites get it wrong).

No idea if Coutinho will be the best Liverpool mid but he's getting good transfers in this week so at the very least he should maintain value for a couple of weeks. My long-term plan is to have both Mane and whichever of Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana looks the best option.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Already got 2 Liverpool mids and no Arsenal attack so going KDB :arrow: Ozil

If i went for Sanchez I would have to take a hit, and going for Ozil means I have funds to upgrade elsewhere the following week. Can afford a drop on KDB and Ozil Isnt close to rising so waiting until after the champ league games

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Finger hovering over the button to do this for a -4:

KDB :arrow: Sanchez
Cazorla :arrow: Lallana

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sanchez for me. De Bruyne's injury allows me to keep Hazard on board for the Hull game. Not unhappy with that.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Sanchez.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Already have Sanchez & Sterling so i've gone with the affordable Coutinho. Not massively thrilled about it but Liverpool's fixtures are decent and it gives me wiggle room to upgrade my third striker. Possibly to Rashford.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I know that West Ham didn't look good against Southampton but is anyone tempted by Payet? He was only one goal attempt and one pen area touch behind Sanchez even in that GW6 debacle for West Ham and we all know he's got all the set pieces to help with assists and the like.

He's maybe not as threatening from open play as Sanchez, but he's a bit like KDB in the sense that he can gain an advantage over Sanchez from all that set piece action and from being creator in chief. West Ham might be pretty rubbish defensively but they have proven they can score goals and they have just as easy fixtures as Arsenal.

No takers at all?

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote: No takers at all?
The problem is that if you look down the list of midfielders, there's any number who are producing the FPL goods ahead of Payet, quite a few of them cheaper. So people are going on the points, not the potential.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Mav3rick wrote:.. is anyone tempted by Payet? ..No takers at all?
Already on it. Then again, I haven't had KDB (yet) this season.

Assist machine, he is. Will do well this season and as you said, expecting the assist from him and goals from Antonio. They were so close again at times against Southampton.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Mav3rick wrote:I know that West Ham didn't look good against Southampton but is anyone tempted by Payet? He was only one goal attempt and one pen area touch behind Sanchez even in that GW6 debacle for West Ham and we all know he's got all the set pieces to help with assists and the like.

He's maybe not as threatening from open play as Sanchez, but he's a bit like KDB in the sense that he can gain an advantage over Sanchez from all that set piece action and from being creator in chief. West Ham might be pretty rubbish defensively but they have proven they can score goals and they have just as easy fixtures as Arsenal.

No takers at all?
Not convinced. He looks a shadow of the player from last season and was too easily nullified by Southampton (Højbjerg?) yesterday for me.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Payet does create opportunities but I think I would rather have the player benefiting from those opportunities and costing a lot less i.e. Antonio, despite nothing from the last game.

beanz_swfc
Kevin and Perry

Post by beanz_swfc »

From4corners wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:.. is anyone tempted by Payet? ..No takers at all?
Already on it. Then again, I haven't had KDB (yet) this season.

Assist machine, he is. Will do well this season and as you said, expecting the assist from him and goals from Antonio. They were so close again at times against Southampton.
Yep I am on Payet too. Think he is due a haul very soon, could well be this week. My KdB out transfer has been to Mane, as I have embarrassingly missed out on the Liverpool train all season!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Navas or the Gun Dog may be a decent punt with KDB out

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Some more info from the same source as the original '4 weeks' story.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”