To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Keeper crisis

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
yttod1010
FISOhead

Keeper crisis

Post by yttod1010 »

How many of us rocking 2 4.0 keepers are approaching the doom of no keeper .....and what are we planning to do

I'm probably going to have to downgrade lovren Williams or vertonghan to get a keeper which was never the plan

What's everyone else doing ?!?!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: Keeper crisis

Post by BobMem »

I was about to start a keepers thread. I have Jakupovic and De Gea, but want to downgrade DDG to free up funds (and because man u are nowhere near as solid as I expected).
Is Pickford still considered a risk? He's been no. 1 for a few games now, and hasn't done anything particularly terrible, as far as I know.
What about Grant? Will he stay in the team?
Otherwise I'm interested in who people think it's good value at 4.5, or whether it's worth catching the good fixtures of Gomes (Watford) or Stekelenberg (Everton)?

I'm tempted by one of those two, but it doesn't really free up that much cash!

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

The answer is obviously cech but I don't have those sort of funds :lol: :roll:

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

BobMem wrote:
Is Pickford still considered a risk? He's been no. 1 for a few games now, and hasn't done anything particularly terrible, as far as I know.
He coulda done a lot better for Saints' goal near the end of his first game - although he'd played well up until then.
But in general, 4.0 players are 4.0 for a reason - I think you need to build that in to your thinking when you buy them. If you're happy with the obvious downside, that's fine; but the downside doesn't disappear.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

On Foster and Pickford so not really a crisis in terms of both not playing, However I am getting Frustrated with Foster and WBA. I am used to going with a premium keeper as I have done this for every season prior, and the 2p every week doesnt sit well with me.

Although clean sheets have been harder to come by this season I am tempted to go for Cech for the next few games as Fosters are looking difficult over the next 5. Just need to see on KDB injury and possibly downgrade to Ozil

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I thought about this a lot while on wildcard, I think that for now the answer is just to play Pickford for the next two games and then take a view on it. If Hull haven't collapsed, then Marshall looks good (with PIckford) as they rotate alright. The trouble with all the cheap keepers is none of them work in a rotation with Pickford and Foster is arguably less playable than Pickford until around GW11.

Now, I realise that Sunderland look awful so playing Pickford isn't that attractive, but nobody looks likely for cleansheets so saving the cash for a little while and then making a decision when factors will be different is my call.

If Pickford does lose his place, then it's a hit, but I can accept that.

Of course right now if you can afford Cech then it's probably a good temporary arrangement too, but it would imply two transfers (one in, one out again) which isn't great when we're talking about frees that could be going to better use in the front 8.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I have jaku and was going to wait until I had an extra transfer (hate goalie transfers) to swap for Pickford hoping that their prices would remain static for a bit but looks like Pickford will rise. Would like to cash in on his .1 but could mean a -4 this week

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Question:
If you were 40 points ahead of your mini league would you -4 to take out Adrian?
I know they have MID, pal, SUN next three but I can't see a clean sheet anywhere. Just save points, maybe!

5.0 can become 4.5 for another keeper and the money freed up for attacking options.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Personally I wouldn't make a paid for transfer of a goalkeeper assuming my other 'keeper was available. If I really had no other issues then I'd make the 'keeper transfer with my next free transfer, then think about how to spend the money.

I don't think points ahead/behind in a mini-league has any bearing on this - especially at this stage of the season. Until the final 2 or 3 gameweeks, I never consider anything less than 100 points as being of any significance.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

cesc408 wrote:On Foster and Pickford so not really a crisis in terms of both not playing, However I am getting Frustrated with Foster and WBA. I am used to going with a premium keeper as I have done this for every season prior, and the 2p every week doesnt sit well with me.

Although clean sheets have been harder to come by this season I am tempted to go for Cech for the next few games as Fosters are looking difficult over the next 5. Just need to see on KDB injury and possibly downgrade to Ozil
Currently have Foster with his grim fixtures, it's either Cech or Gomes.

I can afford either and I like the idea of Cech, then Evans to Holebas for Watford coverage over their decent fixtures.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I have Foster & Jaku; with a bit of luck he will be back in after that drubbing

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”