To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW8 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

GW8 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by Vsz »

Hi guys

Appreciate this is a little way off but I'm already starting to look at my potential team for GW8 WC as the activation is just over a week away at 7pm Friday 30th September.

Liverpool look great from GW8 so I might double or even triple on them.

Anyone else holding off wildcarding until 8 despite their team in slight state of disarray?!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: GW8 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by Stemania »

Sanchez, Snodgrass and as many Liverpool & Man City players as you can fit in?

For cheapies Watford (still) and Bournemouth have decent runs, and probably worth watching Stoke hoping desperately that they turn it around (best fixtures of all by far imo).

Everton's fixture start to tail off a little by then on the the hand.

And despite the nasty fixtures I'd also watch out for Brunt in case he's returned by then as he has the chance of being an OOP defender playing at LW taking set pieces.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Think a lot of people either used theirs when Aguero got suspended to replace him and tinker elsewhere, or this week to bring him back in.

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

Vsz and Stem (your ideas, whether you wildcard or not), I'm with you on this.

I've got my wildcard pencilled in, not because my current team is poor, but because of the fixture shift. It also allowed me to go striker heavy at least for Ibra's next two home games.

Currently I have:

Foster // Heaton
Shaw // Stones // Friend // Evans // Amat
Sterling // Antonio // Barkley // Bolasie // Capoue
Aguero // Ibrahimovic // Lukaku

I was looking at going to:

Cech // Pickford
Clyne // Lovren // Stones or Williams // Evans // Amat
Sanchez // Firmino // Sterling // Snodgrass // Capoue
Aguero // Lukaku // Deeney

I have £0.4m to spend and will definitely tinker with the defence but with Liverpool's and Watford's (and to a lesser extent Arsenal's) fixtures and Everton's good run ending, the timing made sense. Combine this with the international break meaning my desire to tinker will be high, this seemed like the right time to pull the trigger.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Triggy wrote:Vsz and Stem (your ideas, whether you wildcard or not), I'm with you on this.

I've got my wildcard pencilled in, not because my current team is poor, but because of the fixture shift. It also allowed me to go striker heavy at least for Ibra's next two home games.

Currently I have:

Foster // Heaton
Shaw // Stones // Friend // Evans // Amat
Sterling // Antonio // Barkley // Bolasie // Capoue
Aguero // Ibrahimovic // Lukaku

I was looking at going to:

Cech // Pickford
Clyne // Lovren // Stones or Williams // Evans // Amat
Sanchez // Firmino // Sterling // Snodgrass // Capoue
Aguero // Lukaku // Deeney

I have £0.4m to spend and will definitely tinker with the defence but with Liverpool's and Watford's (and to a lesser extent Arsenal's) fixtures and Everton's good run ending, the timing made sense. Combine this with the international break meaning my desire to tinker will be high, this seemed like the right time to pull the trigger.
Triggy - I'm looking at almost exactly this mate. Also considering 2 Liv defs, or maybe Firmino plus Mane/Lallana.

I've got Redmond currently though, and am convinced he will come good. Snodgrass is probably the better shout though, and cheaper - depends if Redmond delivers these next couple of weeks.

Think I'll go with Holebas in def - great fixtures, wing back, set pieces, 4.5m - what more could you want?!

Brunt a great shout Stem - I'll be watching that one closely for sure.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Vsz wrote: Brunt a great shout Stem - I'll be watching that one closely for sure.
It was snakzz that pointed him out to me/us in another thread.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:
Vsz wrote: Brunt a great shout Stem - I'll be watching that one closely for sure.
It was snakzz that pointed him out to me/us in another thread.
Brunt was the first player in my team when I still thought he might start the season. With Brunt, Baines and Holebas we can get some serious offensive firepower in our defenses this year.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

I've punted on Theo for my last gw before I wc. Brought him in for Hazard last night.

Primed for 7pm Friday. Anyone else?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Barely any clean sheets this season at all, so why spend any cash at the back right now? I'm sick of my defence recording a score of 2-2-2 every week.

This team is far too unbalanced to last the season, I understand that, but with Arsenal's and Liverpool's fixtures in October, 2 from each midfield is a really exciting prospect, and Lukaku and Costa are proving hard to give me a reason to sell, so I may see how it goes for a few weeks. If all fails, it will only take a couple of transfers over a couple of weeks to downgrade Luka to Benteke and bring in any of the 5.0 defenders when any of Stones/Lovren/Williams show some value.

All Out Attack every week, or All Out Crazy?

They must really like my team at FPL towers because just above my squad they have wrote "Love has been added to your squad" which I thought was very sweet.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

I'm in :P

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

For defenders I'd look at Arsenal, Hull, Bournemouth and Watford.

As a LFC fan I warned everyone about our defence :lol:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Resonare wrote:For defenders I'd look at Arsenal, Hull, Bournemouth and Watford.

You looking at those 4 teams short term due to fixtures or season long picks potentially?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Vsz wrote:
Resonare wrote:For defenders I'd look at Arsenal, Hull, Bournemouth and Watford.

You looking at those 4 teams short term due to fixtures or season long picks potentially?
IMO:

Arsenal - 100%
Bournemouth - Smith/Francis as 4th choice rotation, otherwise no
Hull - Until GW 15
Watford - Short-term punt

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So not many people here on a wildcard then? For those who are, how is your team shaping up for the weekend?

Aguero and Lukaku flagged has put a minor spanner in my works. Bertrand with a hamstring injury opens up a possibility of picking up Matt Targett at 4.4.

Not much profit to be made for me, I think Son will be the only double riser in my team, and I may even decide to still keep him, maybe Koscielny will rise again but he's still miles away.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Targett is injured too

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

yttod1010 wrote:Targett is injured too
No injury news was mentioned about him so I assume he will be back tomorrow.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Just finalising my wildcard team now. I still don't really know how I want my team structure to be going forward, so I'm picking my squad with a heavy emphasis on fixtures. That means 3 Arsenal, 2 Man City, 2 Liverpool, 2 Stoke, and a Costa in a pear tree. I'll keep Lukaku for now despite mixed fixtures, and I'll keep Pickford/Amat as base price enablers.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Paulista wrote:Just finalising my wildcard team now. I still don't really know how I want my team structure to be going forward, so I'm picking my squad with a heavy emphasis on fixtures. That means 3 Arsenal, 2 Man City, 2 Liverpool, 2 Stoke, and a Costa in a pear tree. I'll keep Lukaku for now despite mixed fixtures, and I'll keep Pickford/Amat as base price enablers.
Sounds the same as my set up although I'm on Deeney and Defoe

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Vsz wrote:
Paulista wrote:Just finalising my wildcard team now. I still don't really know how I want my team structure to be going forward, so I'm picking my squad with a heavy emphasis on fixtures. That means 3 Arsenal, 2 Man City, 2 Liverpool, 2 Stoke, and a Costa in a pear tree. I'll keep Lukaku for now despite mixed fixtures, and I'll keep Pickford/Amat as base price enablers.
Sounds the same as my set up although I'm on Deeney and Defoe
Deeney and Defoe instead of Costa and Lukaku would give you an extra 5m more or less......... are you piling all your money in defence?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

I'm currently on:

Lloris/Grant
Koscielny/Zabaleta/Pieters/Smith/Amat
Sanche/Firmino/Redmond/Walcott/Capoue
Aguero/Deeney/Defoe
1.4ITB to do Redmond to Lallana if he blanks tomorrow (leaving 0.2 ITB).

Comments v welcome!!

I'm on wildcard

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Vsz wrote:I'm currently on:

Lloris/Grant
Aguero/Deeney/Defoe

Comments v welcome!!

I'm on wildcard
I quite like it. The basic structure of your team is similar to mine even if I don't necessarily agree with all your picks.

In terms of your team structure, personally I'm not convinced that Lloris is worth the extra spend as GK and would rather direct the money to your defence and upgrading Zabaleta to a 5.0-5.5m defender. I could live with Pieters/Smith/Amat (and have the latter two myself) if your second defender was stronger.

I would downgrade Capoue as well - he's becoming too expensive to sit on the bench that would give you more money to upgrade Redmond so that you could aim higher than Lallana.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Lloris/Grant
Aguero/Deeney/Defoe

Comments v welcome!!

I'm on wildcard
I quite like it. The basic structure of your team is similar to mine even if I don't necessarily agree with all your picks.

In terms of your team structure, personally I'm not convinced that Lloris is worth the extra spend as GK and would rather direct the money to your defence and upgrading Zabaleta to a 5.0-5.5m defender. I could live with Pieters/Smith/Amat (and have the latter two myself) if your second defender was stronger.

I would downgrade Capoue as well - he's becoming too expensive to sit on the bench that would give you more money to upgrade Redmond so that you could aim higher than Lallana.
I've had Capoue the whole time so would get some good money but his fixtures are mint? Zab is a short term punt but reckon his price could rise?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Vsz wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Lloris/Grant
Aguero/Deeney/Defoe

Comments v welcome!!

I'm on wildcard

I've had Capoue the whole time so would get some good money but his fixtures are mint? Zab is a short term punt but reckon his price could rise?
Capoue's fixtures are great but are you going to play him? If so who do you bench? Zab might pay off in the short-term I guess - what is your exit plan?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Vsz wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Lloris/Grant
Aguero/Deeney/Defoe

Comments v welcome!!

I'm on wildcard

Capoue's fixtures are great but are you going to play him? If so who do you bench? Zab might pay off in the short-term I guess - what is your exit plan?
Defoe, shirley?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”