To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Striker Punts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Breaking from 'template', who's your third striker option?

Slimani (LEI)
7%
Pérez (ARS)
1%
Ighalo (WAT)
7%
Deeney (WAT)
29%
Janssen (TOT)
19%
Iheanacho (MAN C)
No votes
Rashford (MAN U)
25%
Other (say who in response)
11%

Total votes: 96

yttod1010
FISOhead

Re: Striker Punts

Post by yttod1010 »

It's deeney vs Rashford for me ...crumbs

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Rashford scored his sevent debut goal tonight, so impressive!

Manchester United first team debut ⚽️⚽️
Premier League debut ⚽️⚽️ (okay, same as above but still)
Manchester derby debut ⚽️
Europa League debut ⚽️⚽️
England debut ⚽️
England U21 debut ⚽️⚽️⚽️
EFL Cup debut this eve ⚽️

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

From4corners wrote:Rashford scored his sevent debut goal tonight, so impressive!

Manchester United first team debut ⚽️⚽️
Premier League debut ⚽️⚽️ (okay, same as above but still)
Manchester derby debut ⚽️
Europa League debut ⚽️⚽️
England debut ⚽️
England U21 debut ⚽️⚽️⚽️
EFL Cup debut this eve ⚽️
It was also his debut playing against Northampton. (Okay, same as above but still.)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Did any Spurs fans watch Janssen last night? I see he scored a pen, but how did he play otherwise?

I saw this quote from Poch:
Now that Harry Kane's injured Janssen is our main striker and it's important for his confidence for the next few games.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Mav3rick wrote:Did any Spurs fans watch Janssen last night? I see he scored a pen, but how did he play otherwise?

Now that Harry Kane's injured Janssen is our main striker and it's important for his confidence for the next few games.
He "worked very hard", which is code for ran around a lot desperately trying to get on the end of a scoring chance, and when presented with one, he did not look terribly composed. Perhaps now he has got off the mark with a penalty he might settle down and show a little more unselfishness, judgment and calmness - although I think pretty much the same was said about Soldado . . . not a good omen.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Who's more likely to start this weekend. Iheanacho or Rashford?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Owsler wrote:Who's more likely to start this weekend. Iheanacho or Rashford?
Rashford very likely, Iheanacho very unlikely imho.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

That's what I figured, cheers.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Did any Spurs fans watch Janssen last night? I see he scored a pen, but how did he play otherwise?

He "worked very hard", which is code for ran around a lot desperately trying to get on the end of a scoring chance, and when presented with one, he did not look terribly composed. Perhaps now he has got off the mark with a penalty he might settle down and show a little more unselfishness, judgment and calmness - although I think pretty much the same was said about Soldado . . . not a good omen.
Thanks.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I do really like Rashford at 6.8, and I'll snap him up if there's some kind of long-term injury at Man U that gives him a securer place in the team, but there'll always be that question mark over his starting place, won't there? As a short term transfer, with WC in hand, I could see the appeal, but I couldn't quite bring myself to include him in my WC squad.

After much thought (see the STC thread in the RMT section), I'm Deeney-ing. The only real concern is the bookings, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope he behaves.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Yeah, this is still exercising me... I was settling Janssen but, and there's no real method to it, I just have a bad feeling about him being gash and then losing his place even while Kane is still injured.

I don't want a Watford one as three seems overkill and I'm pretty much playing Capoue every week.

Rashford is the one I want to pick but again you get that "why did I do that?" feeling when you actually leave him as what would be my second striker who plays every week - though it would allow me to upgrade a defender/goalkeeper.

Perez a definite no at this stage, I'm not having Benteke after watching him last week and Iheanacho is like a riskier Rashford... There's also Bony of course but Stoke really do look deep in the turd at the minute, not an ideal place for a striker to settle...

Then you're into maybe Austin or a Swansea one - but how much of their game time is guaranteed too?

Head pickle

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Janssen does give you the get of jail card though as he can be downgraded to any of the others, even if he does turn out to be awful.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Mav3rick wrote:Janssen does give you the get of jail card though as he can be downgraded to any of the others, even if he does turn out to be awful.
Yeah, I know, i take that point, but then United have two decent fixtures in the next two, by which time Rashford could have racked up 20 points...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'ts probably Janssen or Deeney for me, at opposite ends of the scale. Janssen because he has pens and potential, plus all the get out options you need, and Deeney for his price, penalties and fixtures.

Rashford, if you end up tempted to invest the funds elsewhere, could be tricky to unwind although at least Deeney is in the ball park price wise.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Deeney is pretty template Tbh

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:Janssen does give you the get of jail card though as he can be downgraded to any of the others, even if he does turn out to be awful.
This.

I'm now 90% set on Janssen. Could be gold as a penalty taking lone forward in that Spurs side, and as Mav rightly says if he does bomb it's an easy switch to pretty much any of the commonly suggested options.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

bigcliff2 wrote:Then you're into maybe Austin or a Swansea one - but how much of their game time is guaranteed too?
Austin deserves a run in the team after the last one week he has had, and only 6.2 now is a great price if hes on penalties too, but Southampton's fixtures are horrible until December.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Paulista wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:Then you're into maybe Austin or a Swansea one - but how much of their game time is guaranteed too?
Austin deserves a run in the team after the last one week he has had, and only 6.2 now is a great price if hes on penalties too, but Southampton's fixtures are horrible until December.
Considered him myself. Looks to be getting into his stride, and he has shown what he can do at this level. Uphill battle with those fixtures though, so maybe one for a few months time..

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Is Rashford a starter now ?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Poch: "@HKane is out, we need to assess him every day - he's very positive, we need to do another scan and see how long."

So still no official prognosis. Does that make it a bit risky to go Janssen this week just in case Kane's second scan reveals good news?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Notned wrote:
Paulista wrote:
Considered him myself. Looks to be getting into his stride, and he has shown what he can do at this level. Uphill battle with those fixtures though, so maybe one for a few months time..
Isn't he a pub team player?

Does Benteke count among this list? I've already taken a punt on him and was naturally frustrated to see him get nothing last GW. Palace should be able to bang in more than enough crosses for him to feed off.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheoRiginal wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who also opened his account with a pen? Or after missing chance after chance he missed a pen?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

math! wrote:
Notned wrote:
Paulista wrote:

Does Benteke count among this list? I've already taken a punt on him and was naturally frustrated to see him get nothing last GW. Palace should be able to bang in more than enough crosses for him to feed off.
It was only one game but it didn't really look to me like Benteke was the focal point of the attack. He was dropping deep, pulling wide, making space for their nippier players to get in and shoot. I didn't like him at all. He didn't play badly but he didn't look even remotely like scoring

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

[quote="bigcliff2"
It was only one game but it didn't really look to me like Benteke was the focal point of the attack. He was dropping deep, pulling wide, making space for their nippier players to get in and shoot. I didn't like him at all. He didn't play badly but he didn't look even remotely like scoring[/quote]

Did he run?

I haven't watched him this season: but he didn't bother with that last season....

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

bigcliff2 wrote:
math! wrote:
Notned wrote:
Paulista wrote:

It was only one game but it didn't really look to me like Benteke was the focal point of the attack. He was dropping deep, pulling wide, making space for their nippier players to get in and shoot. I didn't like him at all. He didn't play badly but he didn't look even remotely like scoring
I hope it was down to him adjusting to his new team. If this is not the exception then maybe Townsend or Zaha are more worth a look instead.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

math! wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:
math! wrote:Does Benteke count among this list? I've already taken a punt on him and was naturally frustrated to see him get nothing last GW. Palace should be able to bang in more than enough crosses for him to feed off.
I hope it was down to him adjusting to his new team. If this is not the exception then maybe Townsend or Zaha are more worth a look instead.
From what I saw Benteke spent most of his time looking at Zaha, and even more so Townsend, who seemed intent on beating very one of the opposition defenders themselves. I can't recall either of them putting in a cross worth mentioning, although Big Ben is a unit and therefore must have played a part in distracting the Stoke defence if they let four in.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:Poch: "@HKane is out, we need to assess him every day - he's very positive, we need to do another scan and see how long."

So still no official prognosis. Does that make it a bit risky to go Janssen this week just in case Kane's second scan reveals good news?
I know a likely transfer soon after wilcarding isn't ideal, but at least Janssen leaves open the option of any of the other leading third striker candidates along with a chance to see who is the best performing for when/if we do need to switch. I'm still very much aboard the punt.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

I've decided a last minute change to Rashford. I can't quite afford Janssen and be happy with my defence.

He's got to start now surely..

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Hmmm

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

Dajiba wrote:I'm going for Austin. Proven goal scorer at this level with QPR. Scored in Europe last week, and at the weekend. Very cheap and can be rotated if needed with Capoue as a fifth mid.

If, and it's a risk, he starts against West Ham I can see him scoring. Ok his fixtures aren't great but Soton are improving and will start to score at some point. I ditched Redmond for him.

First post, but been lurking for a while :)
Good first post and you were proven right with Austin over Redmond.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”