To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Striker Punts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Breaking from 'template', who's your third striker option?

Slimani (LEI)
7%
Pérez (ARS)
1%
Ighalo (WAT)
7%
Deeney (WAT)
29%
Janssen (TOT)
19%
Iheanacho (MAN C)
No votes
Rashford (MAN U)
25%
Other (say who in response)
11%

Total votes: 96

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Re: Striker Punts

Post by Scottoffee »

Benteke (w/ Aguero & Lukaku)

Not playing well, but still got a couple of goals in the 3 GWs I've had him.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I didn't like the look of Janssen on debut. Anyone else got slight buyers' remorse yet?

OK, it may have looked/felt a lot different if they were given the dodgy looking pen decision, but he really didn't look like a major goalgetter to me.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

As a holder of Kun/Costa/Lukaku this thread is primarily of interest in a "what if?" sense. Having read through every post, looks to me like there is no consensus at all on the bargain-priced forwards ("strikers" seems a bit over the top for this bunch). I'll have to opt for one when Costa gets suspended and/or Lukaku reverts to normal, but for the top teams, Arsenal and Pool aren't playing with an (FPL-designated) forward, Janssen is a forward but not a goalscorer (Dirk Kuyt revisited?), and after that, it's lucky dip ... I'm thinking I might as well pick Diomande and get an extra heavyweight in midfield.

@Dajiba - that must be one of the best 1st posts ever!

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Stemania wrote:I didn't like the look of Janssen on debut. Anyone else got slight buyers' remorse yet?

OK, it may have looked/felt a lot different if they were given the dodgy looking pen decision, but he really didn't look like a major goalgetter to me.
I got it before the dealine and transferred him out for Rashford! Just a gut feeling

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think any of them have stood out yet, Rashford was good when he got in the box but spent half his time on one wing or other, Janssen is more expensive that the rest but still looks decent enough to me (he will certainly get the chances, my worry is that Son would actually replace him up top though possibly as a consequence of CL rotation), we'll see about Deeney/Ighalo tonight but they look the safest, Benteke is scoring off very few chances (goood sign or bad?) and Austin has put his hand up now too.

His fixtures aren't great but he does have pedigree, if he were to get pens too we may have a winner as it looks like he may have ousted Long from the side. It's risky to pick him right now though.

I'm sure one will come good, maybe it's a case of hopping on/off with fixtures.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:I didn't like the look of Janssen on debut. Anyone else got slight buyers' remorse yet?

Yes slightly!

He seemed more a hardworker willing to toil for the team, which doesn't really bode well for FPL points. Still, as you say had that penalty been given it would have looked a lot rosier so I won't give up hope just yet. And it's still an easy downgrade to the 'best' sub 7.5m striker with an added couple of weeks information if push comes to shove.

Actually kicking myself a bit for over-looking Defoe. I did very briefly consider him, but thought a Sunderland attacker can't possibly be a good call (whilst at the same time putting Kone into my defence :oops: ).

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

I have deeney and wish I had Rashford .....really don't want to crab to Rashford but the Stoke fixture is enticing

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I have Aguero/Ibra/Lukaku. If I was to lose one of those it would be for Rashford.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Looks like Janssen could even be done by the end of the international break as Kane's injury is "much, much better than we expected".

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hotspur ... pochettino

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Oh, you are kidding me....

What a few days. :(

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Austin and Rashford are the only ones standing out for me yet both are still rotation risks.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Watford boys are not looking good....

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL : 121th
FPL : 2018/19 : 1st Belgium

Post by gingafalcao »

Defoe ?
Each year Sunderland takes goals and manages to save narrowly, but I must admit they nevertheless manage to score. Defoe is the kind of player who can score at any moment and he proves it. It is on penalties and I'm still convinced that will mark 15 goals this season.
He is capable of scoring against any defence and he proved at the first day against City.
The next fixtures are not that bad on the contrary and it could avérrer a great differential.
6 Matchs = 4 goals and 8pts bonus

Dajiba
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dajiba »

@ Javahart and Mr Clarinet

Thanks, some element of luck there in my first post. It's all downhill from here on :).

Tough fixtures, I may bench Austin this week for Capoue. I think he has done enough to guarantee a starting spot for now, at least until Long or Redmond start scoring.

He is an injury risk though, had a lot of long absences for fairly minor injuries at QPR, so possibly one to move on when he gets an inevitable injury. Two weeks always used to turn into four.

Luggs
Kevin and Perry

Post by Luggs »

Defoe

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

Austin's immediate fixtures are hard but once we get in to November there's a long stretch through to February where Southampton basically only play Liverpool, Spurs and Everton plus a lot of middle-low table sides.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”