To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Re: Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

Post by skip »

Stemania wrote:Some great responses on the Lovren situation, thanks.

Any Liverpool fans have a view of that "which 4 from 5" issue with Firmino, Mane, Coutinho, Lallana & Sturridge?

Rotation? Otherwise who misses out? Firmino/Mane the only ones secure?
All 5 are playing really well right now and each offer something slightly different to the team so it's really difficult to predict. Lallana leads the press and has been shifted deeper this year where he can be on the ball more; Firmino looks a class above everyone else on the pitch and is a good finisher; Mane is being compared to John Barnes; Coutinho oozes creativity and loves the big games; and Sturridge has gotten much more involved in tracking back and keeping the ball moving in deeper central positions the last couple of games. Sorry this isn't much of a help - Klopp will likely bench whoever looks the most tired in training.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Cheers. :D

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Not quite sure why everyone is favouring Mane and/or Firmino when Courtino is cheaper, has scored more points with less playing time and I think takes the corners. Maybe he'll be rotated but not even sure about that either.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Britinus wrote:Not quite sure why everyone is favouring Mane and/or Firmino when Courtino is cheaper, has scored more points with less playing time and I think takes the corners. Maybe he'll be rotated but not even sure about that either.
It's for reasons already stated... There's a general feeling that Coutinho/Sturridge is the final selection issue. Firmino and Mane are considered more nailed on. Whether that proves to be the case, who knows, but that's the logic. Coutinho didn't start v Leicester - perhaps it was an international return issue - again, no one knows for sure but what we do know is that Mane and Firmino have both started every time when fit - Coutinho hasn't... Think the corners are shared to - Henderson, Milner, even think Firmino may have taken one or two in the league cup game the other night though don't quote me on any of that

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

OK thanks, might switch to Mane then.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Football Hero wrote:I'm looking at Matip + Firmino/Mane in a few weeks.

The good Hull game is cancelled out by Man Utd at home and Swansea away, which are bad and average fixtures respectively.

For me it's the West Brom home game which is the signal to move towards Liverpool assets.
How is United at Anfield a bad fixture? United are poor and Pool will be wanting to thump them at Anfield. Which I think they will.. and Swansea are hardly Man City.

Anyone captaining Mane vs Hull/opinions on it?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Football Hero wrote:I'm looking at Matip + Firmino/Mane in a few weeks.

The good Hull game is cancelled out by Man Utd at home and Swansea away, which are bad and average fixtures respectively.

For me it's the West Brom home game which is the signal to move towards Liverpool assets.
How is United at Anfield a bad fixture? United are poor and Pool will be wanting to thump them at Anfield. Which I think they will.. and Swansea are hardly Man City.

Anyone captaining Mane vs Hull/opinions on it?
Yup agree on both, and I think all 11 are decent fixtures. As for captaining a player it's always a risk not going with Aguero if you have him, especially when he could get a decent score vs Swansea

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I don't think you can really consider anything a "good" or "bad" fixture with Liverpool

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

No Aguero for me this GW. Picking him up in GW 8 if things go to plan.

Mane looks my best option. Or Sterling.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

bigcliff2 wrote:I don't think you can really consider anything a "good" or "bad" fixture with Liverpool
This is very true.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Mane (v).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Lallana won't be dropped so he can play all 4 of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge.

Those 4 are currently a 'perm 3 from 4' for the 3 attacking slots and I can't see any of them playing in the more central midfield 3 where Lallana currently is. Similarly Lallana's chances further forward are limited while everyone else is fit.

Lallana may even lose out altogether when/if Can is brought back in. Also Milner could go back into midfield but I can't see anyone else being a regular LB so maybe not.

This weekend I think Sturridge will miss out but, if so, why rest him in midweek??? Not sure.....

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

murf wrote:This weekend I think Sturridge will miss out but, if so, why rest him in midweek??? Not sure.....
Studge actually had, what can only be described as a "few issues" that prevented him training the days inbetween the Chelsea and Derby games. Definitely not an injury though. No Sir. What ever would lead us to think that was the case??

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-News

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From what I have seen Henderson holds with Wijnathng and Lalla supporting the front 3.

I sense that Klopp doesn't like Sturridge, but does like Origi - but he is a bit young etc compared to Cout, Firm and Mane, so they are the first choice front three.

FF wise: the problem is that Firm as a false 9 is more of a conduit to goals than a scorer, which means carnage regarding who will get the FPL points...

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

liverpool are fixture proof they will score goals against any team. They had the toughest fixtures and they still average about 2 goals a game. I still got Coutinho on my team maybe getting another liverpool player on my team

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

tommyk7 wrote:Mane (v).
I'm doubling up, Firmino + Mane in.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

MPTree made me double check Clyne's stats and he's done really well in an attack sense, very much equivalent to Walker.

I'm definitely considering bringing him in given the fixtures are easing slightly. Initially I was very keen on the Coutinho/Firmino double up, but Sterling has made a play for that slot in midfield now.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Do you guys think Lovren is nailed long term, even when everyone is fit?

He is 4.9m so seems like a bargain, but I'm just wondering whether he is nailed or not.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:Do you guys think Lovren is nailed long term, even when everyone is fit?

He is 4.9m so seems like a bargain, but I'm just wondering whether he is nailed or not.
Some answers to that are on page 1 of the thread.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

They all make me nervous; we still have no idea who to have

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Think the team is 70%+ predictable
Questions on who plays upfront, LB (although I think that's Milners now until he is needed in midfield should there be injuries) and possibly now a question over the no.1 goalkeeper.

Think the CB pairing is safe

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Henderson, Firmino and Mane will start if fit.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

All pretty solid bar the keeper call with Can waiting in the wings and Sturridge, Origi and co ready for injury cover. Not enough games for rotation to be required at the moment.

Karius (Mig?)
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Hendo Lallana Wino (Can)
Mane Firmino Coutinho (Sturridge )

idlewilde
Kevin and Perry

Post by idlewilde »

Liverpool fan here - I think the above is pretty spot on , but no-one is nailed on bar maybe Clyne. Klopp seems to be the type of manager who will play whoever looks sharpest in training, his high pressing means everyone is liable to be rotated occasionally. The above looks to be his preference right now, lack of europe should mean rotation is not too severe.

For the record, I'm going with Lovren and Firmino, with an eye to bringing Mane back if they look like catching fire.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I have gone with Firmino. Understand it is difficult to predict who is going to fire with so many decent options going forward at times, but have just gone with my gut instinct!

Mo132
Kevin and Perry

Post by Mo132 »

Really struggling between Mane and Firmino, anyone got any stats or insight to sway me one way or the other?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Mo132 wrote:Really struggling between Mane and Firmino, anyone got any stats or insight to sway me one way or the other?
I've gone with Firmino because he's cheaper. It seemed better than tossing a coin!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mo132 wrote:Really struggling between Mane and Firmino, anyone got any stats or insight to sway me one way or the other?
I don't think there is any clear way to split them, the best you can say is that they both look safer than Coutinho/Sturridge and come the end of the season there won't be too much between them.

Firmino is a Klopp favourite but Mane has been brilliant so far and is their one attacking player with that killer pace, just think you have to make your mind up and accept that there will be GW's where the one you don't have gets the big score.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

There's just a hint of a whisper on twitter that Klavan may be a threat to Lovren this weekend. Worth worrying about? I really need Lovren to be reliable in the structure I'm set on.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

:oops:
Stemania wrote:There's just a hint of a whisper on twitter that Klavan may be a threat to Lovren this weekend. Worth worrying about? I really need Lovren to be reliable in the structure I'm set on.
Read that somewhere aswell.
If he is benched it might not just be for todays game. Has made me change my plans, bringing in Clyne and now keeping Stones, for Baines and Lovren

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”