To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

Post by murf »

The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Does the load up include defensive purchases? Lovren at 4.9 has now been declared fit following illness.
Slim chance (20%??) that Lovren doesn't immediately get his place back from Klavan....
True, but wouldn't you think the fact Lovren was chosen for Chelsea away mean he's first choice?
Yes he was first choice but there is a slim chance that could change, after all Klopp bought Klavan and Matip and only inherited Lovren so Klopp could be (/have been) blooding the newbies in slowly and/or not want to tweak the 'current' pairing.

Like a said, slim chance only but worth bearing in mind the risk for FF porpoises.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

murf wrote: Like a said, slim chance only but worth bearing in mind the risk for FF porpoises.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Also, they haven't kept a clean sheet yet, so is this really a good move?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, and having seen Klopp on MNF, I won't be going there.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

murf wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Does the load up include defensive purchases? Lovren at 4.9 has now been declared fit following illness.
Slim chance (20%??) that Lovren doesn't immediately get his place back from Klavan....
True, but wouldn't you think the fact Lovren was chosen for Chelsea away mean he's first choice?
Yes he was first choice but there is a slim chance that could change, after all Klopp bought Klavan and Matip and only inherited Lovren so Klopp could be (/have been) blooding the newbies in slowly and/or not want to tweak the 'current' pairing.

Like a said, slim chance only but worth bearing in mind the risk for FF porpoises.
I agree - Klopp really rate Klavan;

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/ra ... gen-klopp/

"“I didn’t need to be convinced. With Ragnar it’s quite simple,” he said.

“The first time with Augsburg, I saw him, he was always strong.

“I was surprised Augsburg found a player like him we didn’t know before—I didn’t like this that much!

“We didn’t need a centre-half at Dortmund, but I was always surprised he stayed another year, then another year.

“When I came here and became aware of our situation and what I wanted to change, he was very early a real idea because of his skills.”

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Great returns and bonus this week for Firmino, but annoyed with the lack of clean sheet again!!!

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Current #1 has tripled up on Liverpool mids. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/287475/event/7

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ironic the team is named MilnerisbestENGmf but he got Firmino Coutinho Manè instead

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Is Karius now first choice in goal? He's down to 4.9. I'm thinking about going with two liverpool mids and Karius in goal.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

They are not keeping any CS. Not sure I would go for any of thier defence.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Paulista wrote:Current #1 has tripled up on Liverpool mids. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/287475/event/7
He has also got only 102.0 TV and nothing itb. :shock:

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Paulista wrote:Current #1 has tripled up on Liverpool mids. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/287475/event/7
And no Aguero. Let's all sell guys. Guys??

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Terry Henry wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
And no Aguero. Let's all sell guys. Guys??
Yep, I'm getting Suarez.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I'll turn Agua into Wijn

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

MoSe wrote:I'll turn Agua into Wijn
:lol:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Anyone got any new thoughts after the last couple of weeks, and tonight's game?

I've just about got enough cash for Lallana, but could take Milner instead - anyone got any good rationale for choosing one above the other? Here's my thinking (nothing ground-breaking I know):

Milner is on penalties. That's pretty much it! Though it's probably worth saying that the style of play of Liverpool's attacking players might mean a lot of penalties - most of them like to dribble and can be pretty direct, dribbling in and into the box. Also, he does put a few crosses in.

Meanwhile Lallana is much more involved in the attacking play, but obviously doesn't have pens. Is he even nailed on when fit? It seems so...

Really struggling to choose between them... :/

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Milner went off with a knock tonight. I've got Lallana and I'm keeping despite his annoying one pointer. Klopp seems to really like him and if anything tonight showed they need him starting matches.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Pulpy wrote:Milner went off with a knock tonight. I've got Lallana and I'm keeping despite his annoying one pointer. Klopp seems to really like him and if anything tonight showed they need him starting matches.
Hmm, interesting. In my team, I've just also realised that I could take Lovren instead of a £4.5m defender if I go for Milner instead of Lallana - that complicates it even more. Few more days to think about it...

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I already have Firmino, but brought in Karius this week. Looks secure in his place, a good price, and Liverpool have a great run of fixtures. Two seems enough for me, for now anyway

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

i have just bought in Coutinho, and have considered Milner with the fixtures its hard to leave them out of your team now and almost everyone im playing against has Firmino i wouldnt rush in with the defence though

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I had Clyne Firmino and Mane.

Had to downgrade Clyne to Lovren to free up funds, However I have my eye on Mane making way in the next couple of weeks if he can't return me points. KDB back on the scene so may have to let him go.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Think I'll give Mane one more week then downgrade him to coutinho/firmino. People on here say it's a sideways move as any one of them can net, but that's exactly why I'd rather have the 0.7 for elsewhere.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I've had Firmino for a few weeks now. Tempted to just leave him in my team. I still think he'll be up there at the end of the season with good scores. It's a bit of a minefield the Liverpool midfield. One week Coutinho, the next Mane, etc etc. They will all probably rack up similar scores? Difficult to know who the most dangerous of them all is.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Where are we at with this now? Got Antonio to deal with and already have Firmino. I can't choose between Mane and Coutinho, plus I have 2 FT this week, so tempted to ditch Sterling too and bring them both in.

Is owning Firmino, Mane AND Coutinho too much? I don't see any mid price MF that are more appealing than these 3 right now.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I have Mane and Coutinho, they're 2 of the most dangerous looking players in the EPL this season. Considering even flicking Walcott for Firmino.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

RidleyMTB wrote:Where are we at with this now? Got Antonio to deal with and already have Firmino. I can't choose between Mane and Coutinho, plus I have 2 FT this week, so tempted to ditch Sterling too and bring them both in.

Is owning Firmino, Mane AND Coutinho too much? I don't see any mid price MF that are more appealing than these 3 right now.
Yep Mane and\or Lalla is where I would go.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

As I said In another thread I have been on Mane and Firmino since WC GW6, and not owning Coutinho does at times make me rethink my selection. Their fixtures were superb so stocking up was the plan, Hense why I made this thread. However I have chosen to go with a pool defender as I expected them to pick up cleansheets with the run they have had.

The 3 of them could be overkill, It only takes a blank and you end up with 2/3p x3. It literally is a lottery. That's not even touching on Lallana who has been delivering, Is cheaper, but maybe subject to earlier substitutions and more rotation then the others.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

cesc408 wrote:As I said In another thread I have been on Mane and Firmino since WC GW6, and not owning Coutinho does at times make me rethink my selection. Their fixtures were superb so stocking up was the plan, Hense why I made this thread. However I have chosen to go with a pool defender as I expected them to pick up cleansheets with the run they have had.

The 3 of them could be overkill, It only takes a blank and you end up with 2/3p x3. It literally is a lottery. That's not even touching on Lallana who has been delivering, Is cheaper, but maybe subject to earlier substitutions and more rotation then the others.
Yes, I have a Pool, City, Arsenal stack currently, with a smattering of Everton and Spurs players and the obvious differentials. I might have to look at readding Hazard back, since Chelsea are starting to look good again and the Arsenal blank hurt me this week.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Already have Firmino, was gonna get Coutinho in as well but price funds are in the way atm and will look next week.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Got coutinho and firmino and Sanchez and Walcott ...bloody hell ....will be looking at kdb and alli in the next few weeks all form dependant

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”