To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

Post by blahblah »

My guess is that Henderson is more at threat as Can is more holding than attacking?

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

blahblah wrote:My guess is that Henderson is more at threat as Can is more holding than attacking?
But can will indirectly threathen him since henderson will be pushed more forward with can back and that will affect lallanas spot?

Henderson is like captain and nailed I assume.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I think the way pool have been playing chances are Can won't walk straight into the starting 11

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: RE: Re: Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

Post by murf »

cesc408 wrote:I think the way pool have been playing chances are Can won't walk straight into the starting 11
This... but nobody is 'nailed'. Lallana, arguably, would be better off as one of the attacking 3 but which of them to drop....

Bound to be an injury or two soon.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

If only Milner was a LB in FPL

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Liverpool FC - Load Up ???

Post by jacksosi »

I'm looking at Cazorla to Milner. Pens, set pieces, usually gets the full 90, finished last season well too, and saves me a million over Santi...

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I knew Lallana was a decent pick!

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

jacksosi wrote:I'm looking at Cazorla to Milner. Pens, set pieces, usually gets the full 90, finished last season well too, and saves me a million over Santi...Image
Sounds sensible to me. Liverpool are going to get quite a few more pens this season. They have such speedy attackers that infringements are going to be common .

Let's talk formation going forward.
Gegenpress has been vindicated 100%.
I think Klopp has to be happy with this arrangement now after what he saw on the 24th.

I just watched his post-Hull interview and he says he is encouraging selfishness. Basically it is going to carry on like it has been. Goals can come from anyone of those front 5, but Firmino could just as likely miss out more often than not. That's my thoughts anyway.

Liverpool look hungry - check their heat map on the left compared to the Hull on on the right.
It might well be time to load up. If Antonio indeed has been shifted back to RB then Lallana might have to come in.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

redchemist wrote:If only Milner was a LB in FPL
And priced at 5.5M.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Firminho is actually dropping in value.......

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Considering taking a -4 this week for Lallana. Worth it? He's the only Liverpool midfielder I could afford.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

gallus wrote:I knew Lallana was a decent pick!
Surprised at how little he seems to get a mention in this thread...

Great vfm for me over Coutinho, Mane & Firminho and no less of a threat... More so thus far...

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

sstaffsw wrote:Considering taking a -4 this week for Lallana. Worth it? He's the only Liverpool midfielder I could afford.
Yeah I am in that boat now. His price rise leaves me 0.1m short. Rookie error that. I could sell Alli but that seems rash.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Firmino is a near certainty for me.
Mav3rick wrote:Initially I was very keen on the Coutinho/Firmino double up, but Sterling has made a play for that slot in midfield now.
Tell me guys, why did we all went for Firmino instead of Coutinho in the end? What was the reasoning behind our decision?

I picked Firmino myself and didn't really consider Coutinho. Now I have looked at Coutinho's stats (for GW1-5) and they looked slightly better than Firmino's! And now I'm questioning my own decision - why did I took Firmino instead of Coutinho? I think I was just sloppy, so actually there is not any stats-based reasoning behind my decision, but I'm asking why did you Mav3rick and Stemania take Firmino instead of Coutinho?

I'm just so gutted and need some peer support :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: Tell me guys, why did we all went for Firmino instead of Coutinho in the end? What was the reasoning behind our decision?
Because the consensus of the Liverpool fans (and just about everyone) seemed to be (and may still be) that Coutinho was not certain of his place every week since one of Sturridge/Mane/Firmino/Coutinho must miss out in the current system. Firmino/Mane were generally considered the most secure as far as I could tell. I don't really know what's changed about that tbh - one of them still has to miss out so unless Sturridge is benched every game something must give. In GW4 Coutinho was rested and it was Firmino with the brace.

I'd personally make the same decision again every single time, though that performance presumably makes it much harder for Klopp to give Sturridge gametime from the start. :D

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I went Firmino because when pool don't play with a striker he is the "false 9". And he is less to rotation and subbing.

Problem is when teams sit back he is often marked out the game, whereas coutinho is outside the box and takes his pot shots. Sticking with Firmino he will cme gd

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: I'd personally make the same decision again every single time
Thanks, I feel better with my decision now :lol:

I recall there was some vague opinion about Firmino being more nailed, but after reading your post I guess Coutinho actually was a real bench threat for GW6 having already missed GW4 due to rotation.
cesc408 wrote: Problem is when teams sit back he is often marked out the game, whereas coutinho is outside the box and takes his pot shots. Sticking with Firmino he will cme gd
This is exactly what I thought while watching the Hull game. I don't think Firmino looked threatening at all! I was actually quite surprised afterwards when I noticed he had 4 attempts of which 3 in the box, because I really can't remember those. I think he absolutely didn't look like he would score.

On the other hand, one could expect that a false nine would be in a good position for rebounds and flukes. Such a shame Sanchez has received a great share of those flukes, while we Firmino owners were not rewarded. Sometimes FPL is a bit unfair.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 26 Sep 2016, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think it's hard to gauge how much bench threat each has tbh - GW4 was after all following an IB.

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

These Liverpool mids remind me of United midfielders back in the very early days of fantasy football when it was just a newspaper game in the Telegraph back in the mid 90s. Giggs, Kanchelskis, Sharpe were all a fair bet for points but somehow never seemed to make you feel comfortable with who to go for because they shared the goals and assists out. So in the end you had to look past them to try and find a way to get Le Tissier in and fit guys like Gavin Peacock and Peter Ndlovu around him with some cheap enablers.

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

The Libero wrote:These Liverpool mids remind me of United midfielders back in the very early days of fantasy football when it was just a newspaper game in the Telegraph back in the mid 90s. Giggs, Kanchelskis, Sharpe were all a fair bet for points but somehow never seemed to make you feel comfortable with who to go for because they shared the goals and assists out. So in the end you had to look past them to try and find a way to get Le Tissier in and fit guys like Gavin Peacock and Peter Ndlovu around him with some cheap enablers.
The good old days. I still play TFF but its not the same game. I remember sending in transfers by post and the big revolution circa 1996 was 'telephone transfers' but cost about £1.50 a minute!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Scottoffee wrote:
gallus wrote:I knew Lallana was a decent pick!
Surprised at how little he seems to get a mention in this thread...

Great vfm for me over Coutinho, Mane & Firminho and no less of a threat... More so thus far...
Yep

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

Javahart wrote:
The Libero wrote:These Liverpool mids remind me of United midfielders back in the very early days of fantasy football when it was just a newspaper game in the Telegraph back in the mid 90s. Giggs, Kanchelskis, Sharpe were all a fair bet for points but somehow never seemed to make you feel comfortable with who to go for because they shared the goals and assists out. So in the end you had to look past them to try and find a way to get Le Tissier in and fit guys like Gavin Peacock and Peter Ndlovu around him with some cheap enablers.
The good old days. I still play TFF but its not the same game. I remember sending in transfers by post and the big revolution circa 1996 was 'telephone transfers' but cost about £1.50 a minute!
Probably my favourite ever FF experience was 1995/96, when I managed to get 15 lads from school together to do a FF league, we auctioned the players so there could only be one person having each player, we went goalies first, then defenders, then midfielders and finally strikers. Everybody had gone overboad in bidding in the early rounds, resulting in sky-high prices paid for Schmeichel, Seaman, Flowers, Adams, Bruce etc and then when it came to strikers I got Shearer for a good price. I won the league as well. Was my last experience of any kind of "mini league" format before FPL came around.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

So why is he playing LB, and should that put me off buying him?
Is someone injured?

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

jacksosi wrote:
So why is he playing LB, and should that put me off buying him?
Is someone injured?
Moreno is terrible and Milner has no clear other position he would start. Hence, putting him at LB to get his skills in the squad and to improve on Moreno.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Milner is still good for FPL purposes, gets in good attacking positions and on penalties. As last season, although everyone was unjustifiably blinded by him being 'boring', Milner brought home a lot of bacon for me and I expect him to score well for 6.5M in this attacking team where players who run into the box later tend to be served well.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Does the load up include defensive purchases? Lovren at 4.9 has now been declared fit following illness.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

The Toon Man wrote:Does the load up include defensive purchases? Lovren at 4.9 has now been declared fit following illness.
With the 10 fixtures they have up next looking tasty, I think a Liverpool defender wouldn't be a bad move.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The Toon Man wrote:Does the load up include defensive purchases? Lovren at 4.9 has now been declared fit following illness.
Slim chance (20%??) that Lovren doesn't immediately get his place back from Klavan....

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

murf wrote:
Slim chance (20%??) that Lovren doesn't immediately get his place back from Klavan....
True, but wouldn't you think the fact Lovren was chosen for Chelsea away mean he's first choice?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”