To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

İlkay Gündoğan

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Re: İlkay Gündoğan

Post by TheoRiginal »

He is currently 473% towards a second rise in two days on FPL Statistics.

Well, it feels that way. Not so much a bandwagon, more a behemoth.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
DonTanTilla wrote:
Laudrup86 wrote:Did you go for it after Don?
Funny enough I toyed with the idea this morning having a free transfer and an injured (and useless) Puncheon to replace, but decided to roll it over - never mind!
Got that 'missed the boat' feeling but still might jump on.. couple of good fixtures upcoming
For the record, I have now pulled the trigger and he is in my team 8-)
I think he's a rotation risk, he's injury prone and Pep will feel comfortable at home vs Boro.

He's very important to the team now and having just played vs Barca, I think he's certainly high risk of rotation, he is in good form though, having picked up a goal from a defensive error.

He's seeing a price rise tonight as well and will now be 5.6m. So if anyone has their finger on the trigger now's the time. I'm busy weighing up Gundogun or Redmond, I can't decide as Redmond will be playing 2 days before the Hull fixture, so I'm not convinced.
He's been in the starting 11 for City's last 5 gameweeks. Your logic seems to suggest as he's playing really well he's at more risk of being dropped than if he'd just had been average. I'm struggling to get on board with that idea tbh.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

DonTanTilla wrote:
He's been in the starting 11 for City's last 5 gameweeks. Your logic seems to suggest as he's playing really well he's at more risk of being dropped than if he'd just had been average. I'm struggling to get on board with that idea tbh.
No, you have misunderstood my logic.

My logic is he's a very valuable asset to the side now and he's known to be injury prone. Pep may feel he needs to rest him mid week vs Boro at the Etihad. A fixture he might feel he can win without Gundogun and give him the rest his body needs and not run the risk of him being sidelined.

That's my logic. Speculative at best. I think he's fine to jump on board with.

10Hughes
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 10Hughes »

Cursing myself for last week bringing in Sterling instead of Hazard. As I already have Aguero and Stones, I have the maximum City allocation. Anyone think it is sensible to downgrade Sterling for Gundogan this week, or is it a bit of a waste as Sterling could pick up a big haul against Boro also? Surely sensible yes? Obviously would have to do this tonight...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have Redmond vs Hull, but then.......

Very impressive, imho.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Brought him in after the weekend as a cheap City midfield option (to go with my other 2 City players). He has that ability to arrive at the right time in the right position.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

Just taken the plunge. His timed runs into the box tonight were Lampard-esque

I would assume that Gundog will be included in the Germany squad to play San Marino and Italy. But whether he would start either or both matches is questionable. Hopefully he has an easy workload over that fortnight so he can start against both Boro and Palace.

Pep after the West Brom game : ‘I said to him, “thank you”,’ ‘We need him. Without him we cannot achieve our target, it is impossible.’

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

10Hughes wrote:Cursing myself for last week bringing in Sterling instead of Hazard. As I already have Aguero and Stones, I have the maximum City allocation. Anyone think it is sensible to downgrade Sterling for Gundogan this week, or is it a bit of a waste as Sterling could pick up a big haul against Boro also? Surely sensible yes? Obviously would have to do this tonight...
Exact same position.
Gundogs in a purple patch and sterling isnt. Its as simple as that. Pep likes to rotate going on history. Who is more likely to miss out? I feel Sterling might have to go.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

The thing is, he will probably rise two or three times more after tonight before the start of next GW (nov 19th), whatever he does against Boro (unless he gets injured ofcourse). I'm thinking of picking him up now for Snodgrass. Two hours or more so left...

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Gonna stick with Sterling. Already taken a hit for hazard and it could get silly..

10Hughes
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 10Hughes »

I went for it. Raheem was a one week wonder. Without the wonder.

Now bring on the Gunder... (sorry)

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Might go for it, swap for Puncheon maybe, he made a lot of late runs into the box, was always supporting the attack

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Considering getting him in for Capoue.

Will mean benching Walcott or Lukaku this weekend mind.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Wish I hadn't made this weeks transfers already.

Part of me just wants to take a -12 and do Redmond > Gundogan then Sterling > Hazard. I've only got 0.1 to play with so if Hazard and Gundogan both rise again (they will) then I wont be able to do it next week. Only reason why I'm not is because Redmond has Hull.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

IceCreamFirm wrote:Wish I hadn't made this weeks transfers already.

Part of me just wants to take a -12 and do Redmond > Gundogan then Sterling > Hazard. I've only got 0.1 to play with so if Hazard and Gundogan both rise again (they will) then I wont be able to do it next week. Only reason why I'm not is because Redmond has Hull.
In the exact same boat.

Look at SOTON's upcoming fixture run, it's good after Liverpool, even Pool are shakey in defence, we might be OK.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
IceCreamFirm wrote:Wish I hadn't made this weeks transfers already.

In the exact same boat.

Look at SOTON's upcoming fixture run, it's good after Liverpool, even Pool are shakey in defence, we might be OK.
Yeah he has great fixtures. Realistically I can't take the -12, especially as I'm only 40pts clear in my league. But eff hell I want to haha. If Hazard and Gundogan both have another good week then I could always look at Mane > Coutinho to help fund it.

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote:Considering getting him in for Capoue.

Will mean benching Walcott or Lukaku this weekend mind.
Strikes me he could be Capoue Mark II - purple patch then followed by weeks of 2/3 points. He wasn't this prolific last season.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I am monitoring him, but depending on how Mane does over the next few weeks Capoue --> Gündoğan and Deeney --> Vokes does seem viable. Can then play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with fairly decent players.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Terry Henry wrote:I am monitoring him, but depending on how Mane does over the next few weeks Capoue --> Gündoğan and Deeney --> Vokes does seem viable. Can then play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with fairly decent players.
I'm holding off on Mane --> Hazard. Mane should have scored at least 1 of his 2 great chances vs CPL and should have got an assist or two.

I think I will make the move after the Watford game though. He seems like the sort of player to pop up every 3rd of 4th game regardless of fixture ease, where as Hazard looks to be good this season and has the potential to do something no matter the fixture.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

I think rushing into Gundogan is still a bit risky move:
He seems very good value for ~5.5 but still:

1.) His goals and assists records throughout his whole career are not great
2.) He is injury prone
3.) Despite starting the last 6-7 matches, his role may get changed as Pep's tactics/line ups are so inconsistent
4.) City are playing CL and he may get rotated in the EPL matches
5.) Man City's tasty fixtures run ends after 3 GWs

It is clear that he is in-form and his value is rapidly increasing. That's most probably the best reason to get him currently.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

mr.stanishev wrote:I think rushing into Gundogan is still a bit risky move:
He seems very good value for ~5.5 but still:

1.) His goals and assists records throughout his whole career are not great
2.) He is injury prone
3.) Despite starting the last 6-7 matches, his role may get changed as Pep's tactics/line ups are so inconsistent
4.) City are playing CL and he may get rotated in the EPL matches
5.) Man City's tasty fixtures run ends after 3 GWs

It is clear that he is in-form and his value is rapidly increasing. That's most probably the best reason to get him currently.
Yes but...
City are all but through in the CL and have played their 2 hardest games. If anything they might save good / injury prone players for the league? Either way 10 of their next 12 games are in the PL.
Not a first XI player at international level so unlikely to get run into the ground during the international break.
I would think of it is as Pep's lineup evolving, surely hes not going to ditch a system when it's working.
If City can score 3 against Barcelona I am not worried about their fixtures (though this is perhaps a wider point about trying to follow runs of fixtures)

My City supporting friend said he's worth a punt whilst they are making so many chances and he has licence to run into the box

Each to their own. I decided it's only 5.5 so might as well. If he was 7.5-8.0 I'd be far more cautious. I wasn't convinced after Saturday but I am now on board.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

But.... Could a Fernandinho injury see him picking up the deeper midfield role? Man City much better provided for in the attacking mid slots than the defensive ones

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
DonTanTilla wrote:
No, you have misunderstood my logic.

My logic is he's a very valuable asset to the side now and he's known to be injury prone. Pep may feel he needs to rest him mid week vs Boro at the Etihad. A fixture he might feel he can win without Gundogun and give him the rest his body needs and not run the risk of him being sidelined.

That's my logic. Speculative at best. I think he's fine to jump on board with.
Just sounds like you've saying the same thing but have reworded it. Still not buying it. He will get plenty of rest during the international break.

JVRB48 wrote:But.... Could a Fernandinho injury see him picking up the deeper midfield role? Man City much better provided for in the attacking mid slots than the defensive ones
Now we are speculating how an injury to ANOTHER player might hamper him :lol:

Stop resisting and get him in :mrgreen:

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Got to be some concern over rotation there?

It's basically 2 of KDB, Silva and Gundogan for 2 spots? Provided Aguero, 2 wingers and Fernandinho play around them.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:Got to be some concern over rotation there?

It's basically 2 of KDB, Silva and Gundogan for 2 spots? Provided Aguero, 2 wingers and Fernandinho play around them.
From what we've seen so far I'd say Gundogan is fairly safe to be honest. To me it looks like it'll be either be a more traditional sort of 41131

4 man defence
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Sterling, KDB, Silva
Aguero

with KDB/Silva/Sterling switching who's on the wings; or a 3atb all out attack 31411 malarkey

3 man defence
Fernandinho
Sterling, Gundogan, Silva, Nolito/Sane
KDB
Aguero

with KDB basically having a free role. I'm not particularly sold on Gundog (though his role looks like it could be suspiciously 'Ramsey-like') but to me he looks like he'll start. Fantastic footballer imo, mind you.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Wow, he's shooting up towards another rise. Will it happen before Saturday...

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

FPLS and crack the code combined indicate that he's 8,700 transfers away from a third GW rise and has been bought be 28k people today. I'd say yes it'll happen tomorrow night...and if the delta for a single rise is about 30k, regardless of whether the buying carries on, he could rise again to 5.8 on Saturday night.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

With his crazy rises I am tempted to sell Sterling for him, unfortunately it looks like I'll miss at least two further rises and a drop on Sterling before that happens, so I might just have to stick to not owning him.

I've really missed out on these rises from players like Allen and him.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:With his crazy rises I am tempted to sell Sterling for him, unfortunately it looks like I'll miss at least two further rises and a drop on Sterling before that happens, so I might just have to stick to not owning him.

I've really missed out on these rises from players like Allen and him.
Let's just hope he doesn't score this weekend. :)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: İlkay Gündoğan

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Got to be some concern over rotation there?

From what we've seen so far I'd say Gundogan is fairly safe to be honest. To me it looks like it'll be either be a more traditional sort of 41131

4 man defence
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Sterling, KDB, Silva
Aguero

with KDB/Silva/Sterling switching who's on the wings; or a 3atb all out attack 31411 malarkey

3 man defence
Fernandinho
Sterling, Gundogan, Silva, Nolito/Sane
KDB
Aguero

with KDB basically having a free role. I'm not particularly sold on Gundog (though his role looks like it could be suspiciously 'Ramsey-like') but to me he looks like he'll start. Fantastic footballer imo, mind you.
I will be very frustrated if he will be a genuinely attacking midfielder because then he is probably a season keeper and I missed a bandwagon.

I hope he will be like Yaya or Ramsey because then I wouldn't be interested at all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”