To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

İlkay Gündoğan

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DonTanTilla
Treebeard

İlkay Gündoğan

Post by DonTanTilla »

He scored well this week and is very cheap.

Is he a potential option for those wanting to squeeze in 3 City players on a budget?

Or is he dead weight who will be back on the bench when Silva and Nolito are back in the mix?

I thought he was a more defensive player but his average pitch position was as high up as Kevin DeBruyne's in the game just gone.

What do people think?

flaviooooo
Wideboy

Re: İlkay Gündoğan

Post by flaviooooo »

I expect him to drop deeper on the pitch when Silva is back

He won't be benched I think, but I don't see him scoring highly either

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Great work with the apostrophes in the title. I'm sure even CK would be proud

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Haha. It was a google copy pasta. Wish I could take the credit!

Why do you expect him to drop deeper flavio? Not disagreeing just wanted to know your rationale. All other players on the pitch in similar positions last week were just as attacking as Silva is.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Will play too deep imo.

Buxton
Kevin and Perry

Post by Buxton »

It's unlikely he'll drop further back, as that would mean either him replacing Fernandinho (who is playing exceptionally well and increasingly looking undroppable), or a change in formation (which is not likely to happen at all).

Guardiola has said this:
"if Fernandinho plays, Ilkay plays in front. Fernandinho is the first choice in that position until now. He gives us a lot. He is such an important player for us in that role."

So - it would seem that KBD, Silva and Gundogan will be rotating for the 2 AM roles. With Gundogan getting the least minutes of the three in the Premier League.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

I'm tending to agree with Buxton based on what I know and assuming Guardiola is telling the truth.

I agree Silva & KDB are likely better players than Ilkey but if he does get played he's not going to score significantly less than them assuming he adopts the same position on the field and at 5.4mil, he might be worthy of a punt.

Silva is 30 years old now, Ilkey is 25.

One for the watchlist at least i'd say.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Using Bournemouth at home for a judgement on 'average position', may only be relevant for easy home games, but then again, those are the games that you would get Gündoğan in for right?

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Yeah i agree with you there Hero, he aint gonna hang back if his team are attaching for 70+ minutes of the game. Probs a wait and see. But he's a name that hasn't even been half considered by people and i think he should be monitored at least.

Laudrup86
Kevin and Perry

Post by Laudrup86 »

As a Citeh fan I was delighted to see Gündoğan come straight and have two solid games this week, but he is going to be fighting for minutes as Buxton says.

He's definately worth a watch but Fernandinho looks to be key to Pep's strategy, and KDB and Sterling seem to be high in favour so now it looks like Silva may be the main one under pressure. Given that Sane is due to get some game time this week, and Navas and Delph still appear to feature in Peps plans there's going to be some rotation in that midfield (and thats without Yaya or Gabriel Jesus when he arrives).

When you consider you have the likes of Redmond, Puncheon, Snodgrass, Zaha, Bolasie who will likely get more minutes at that 5.5-6.0 bracket, I fear he may not really be an option, but you never know, Silva isnt always the most consistent, brilliant as he can be.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

CHOOOO CHOOOO

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Genuine bargain or are city the new liverpool?
Will it be Sterling's turn next week?
Need some MOTD

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Tempting. If he starts regularly then why not.

Laudrup86
Kevin and Perry

Post by Laudrup86 »

Did you go for it after Don?
Funny enough I toyed with the idea this morning having a free transfer and an injured (and useless) Puncheon to replace, but decided to roll it over - never mind!
Got that 'missed the boat' feeling but still might jump on.. couple of good fixtures upcoming

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Nahh, i allowed my creativity be stifled by the masses as per!

I dont think you've missed the boat mate, no ones even on it yet

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

His stats don't look bad for his price. But I don't think he'll become a popular pick here. Simply because there will be other City options who outscore him and ppl wouldn't want to use up a City spot on him.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

According to these analytics (from the West Brom game) he's actually playing a pretty advanced role:

Did anyone see what happened to Gun Dog's positioning when KDB came on? There's the rub, I fear.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

MPTree wrote:According to these analytics (from the West Brom game) he's actually playing a pretty advanced role:

Did anyone see what happened to Gun Dog's positioning when KDB came on? There's the rub, I fear.
He actually scored both goals after De Bruyne came on for Nolito, one of them was an assist from KDB as well. I think he's going to remain in the more advanced role and might profit from KDB return.

At 5.4m it's not a bad option to consider, especially with City's fixture run.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

I'm tempted to go for him.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't know, won't KDB take the central role when he starts, thus pushing Gundog back? I can't see KDB staying left under normal circumstances (he seemed to play off that side when he came on today), perhaps Silva could play off that wing but they do have decent wingers in their own right.

Unless he can oust Silva from the XI I don't know if Gundog is going to play in that central position usually. I do think they seem a bit better balanced when Gundog plays there though.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't know, won't KDB take the central role when he starts pushing Gundog back?

Unless he can oust Silva from the XI. I do think they seem a bit better balanced when Gundog plays.
KDB came on for Nolito out wide today and looked extremely good and Gundogen has balanced the side out a lot more. He looks good in the more advanced role as well and KDB looks good out on the wing, Pep might continue to roll with that since it worked nicely today.

I'm going to watch Allen vs Swansea and decide if it's worth upgrading Joey to Gundogun, hopefully Redmond won't rise tonight either, so I have time to decide after watching all the fixtures. Sadly I think both will rise tonight though, I might just have to tolerate it to get a better look at the full picture.

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

His position is not what concerns me..his goalscoring record with Dortmund is awful.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

It's not right, but it's İlkay.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Omarz14 wrote:His position is not what concerns me..his goalscoring record with Dortmund is awful.
What was his usual role there? Was it similar to the ones he has played for City?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

math! wrote:
Omarz14 wrote:His position is not what concerns me..his goalscoring record with Dortmund is awful.
What was his usual role there? Was it similar to the ones he has played for City?
He played deeper under Klopp, alongside Bender. Kagawa/Gotze/Mkhitaryen would be in the CAM role.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Laudrup86 wrote:Did you go for it after Don?
Funny enough I toyed with the idea this morning having a free transfer and an injured (and useless) Puncheon to replace, but decided to roll it over - never mind!
Got that 'missed the boat' feeling but still might jump on.. couple of good fixtures upcoming
For the record, I have now pulled the trigger and he is in my team 8-)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

DonTanTilla wrote:
Laudrup86 wrote:Did you go for it after Don?
For the record, I have now pulled the trigger and he is in my team 8-)
I think he's a rotation risk, he's injury prone and Pep will feel comfortable at home vs Boro.

He's very important to the team now and having just played vs Barca, I think he's certainly high risk of rotation, he is in good form though, having picked up a goal from a defensive error.

He's seeing a price rise tonight as well and will now be 5.6m. So if anyone has their finger on the trigger now's the time. I'm busy weighing up Gundogun or Redmond, I can't decide as Redmond will be playing 2 days before the Hull fixture, so I'm not convinced.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

The new old Yaya? :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Is he expected to play in an advanced position regularly?

His recent goals and form mean nothing to me. Nothing. I'm only interested in whether or not he will play in an advanced role. Any City experts here?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote:Is he expected to play in an advanced position regularly?

His recent goals and form mean nothing to me. Nothing. I'm only interested in whether or not he will play in an advanced role. Any City experts here?
I'm watching the games now, he's getting into the box a lot and he's scoring goals and City look so much better with him in a more advanced position. He's such a great play maker and it's working. He's made many runs into the box.

EDIT: Gundogun had 97% passing accuracy (29) and scored 2 goals. They were tap in's, but he made many runs into the box. Looks a great option, just a rotation risk.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”