To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW6 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: GW6 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by Sutter Kane »

So above a 3-4-3 playing Capoue every week and also a 3-5-2 playing Capoue every week. Or Antonio vs Ighalo/Deeney. I prefer Antonio I have to say but I also prefer 3-4-3 for it's single transfer flexibility. I've used my WC and pretty happy with Snodgrass and Capoue rotation. Snodgrass will definitely get the nod once Capoue's shot conversion rate normalises!

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

OIEIAO wrote:Fer (bought for £5.2m, now £5.3) and Baines/Coleman (£5.4-£5.6m)
OR
Snodgrass (£5.6m) and Ashley Williams (£5.0m)

I should be able to afford any of these combos by the end of the wildcard....though Baines could be a stretch.
Any thoughts on which you'd choose?
Sounds like people are advocating Snodgrass if I can possibly get him in, even I lose some Everton attacking potential ? This is for 4th / 5th mid with Capoue. The Everton defender, Capoue and Fer/ Snodgrass are likely to fill 2 playing slots.

I missed the Snodgrass rise and he's now 5.7 but I might be able to eke another 0. 1 out of changing my reserve goalie if Jakupovic rises to 4.2.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pickford/Jakupovic
Walker/Coleman or Baines/Lovren/McAuley or Evans/Amat
Sanchez/Payet/Capoue/Snodgrass/Firmino or Sterling
Aguero/Lukaku/Deeney

Looks like I'm pretty much done.
At the moment can't afford Firmino or Baines, but if McAuley was to rise to 4.9 then I could sell him for 4.7, get Evans and spend that extra 0.2 to get Baines and Firmino.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

At the moment I am looking at something like this:

Foster/Pickford
Stones/Lovren/Holebas/McCauley/Amat
Sanchez/KdB/Bolaise/Chadli/Capoue
Aguero/Costa/Deeney

OR

Foster/Pickford
Stones/Pieters/Holebas/McCauley (or Friend)/Amat
Sanchez/KdB/Antonio/Bolaise/Capoue
Aguero/Lukaku/Deeney

I kind of begrudge binning Costa, is Lukaku (never trusted him!!!) and Antonio gonna be a winner compared to Costa and someone like Chadli? I feel Costa is a lot more fixture proof. I dropped Hazard he can always come in if Sanchez has a poor run. Not in love with Lovren in defence either just holding that spot cause they have a couple of decent games coming up and law of averages ... they have to keep a clean sheet at some point, don't they??

McCauley can probably go too, tbh, not got much use out of him. What happened to Pieters this weekend?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Holebas is by far my 4.5m of choice atm (as I know he is of a few posters). Definitely when compared to say WBA, the fixtures of the two are

Watford (bur, BOU, mid, swa, HUL, liv, LEI, STO, wba, EVE, mci, sun, CPL)
West Brom (sto, sun, TOT, liv, MCI, lei, BUR, hul, WAT, che, SWA, MUN, ars)

Plus Holebas is playing at wing back, is on some corners and freekicks and has had the second most goal attempts of any Watford player this season, more than Deeney!

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

tarkens wrote:Pickford/Jakupovic
Walker/Coleman or Baines/Lovren/McAuley or Evans/Amat
Sanchez/Payet/Capoue/Snodgrass/Firmino or Sterling
Aguero/Lukaku/Deeney

Looks like I'm pretty much done.
At the moment can't afford Firmino or Baines, but if McAuley was to rise to 4.9 then I could sell him for 4.7, get Evans and spend that extra 0.2 to get Baines and Firmino.
Judging by your posts tarkens your thinking has been similar to mine all week, in my case i've been looking to go big up top.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Stemania wrote:Holebas is by far my 4.5m of choice atm (as I know he is of a few posters). Definitely when compared to say WBA, the fixtures of the two are

Plus Holebas is playing at wing back, is on some corners and freekicks and has had the second most goal attempts of any Watford player this season, more than Deeney!
I am liking Holebas atm too, the rest of the usual 4.5m guys are much of a muchness (West Brom, Stoke, Boro, Bournemouth, etc)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Razzler wrote:
Stemania wrote:Holebas is by far my 4.5m of choice atm (as I know he is of a few posters). Definitely when compared to say WBA, the fixtures of the two are

I am liking Holebas atm too, the rest of the usual 4.5m guys are much of a muchness (West Brom, Stoke, Boro, Bournemouth, etc)
I'm looking at Holbas after McAulley's black cats game

captainkebab
Kevin and Perry

Post by captainkebab »

I have a few options on my wildcard I'm mulling over. I'm fairly happy with the back 7. Lovren could be a risk but I'm prepared to take that with a favourable run of fixtures upcoming.

In midfield it's Walcott vs Sanchez. No competition really but Walcott has started the season in decent form and saves me 3 million over Sanchez.

With the extra money I can upgrade Rashford who isn't exactly nailed on to the in form Lukaku and also bring in Sterling over Antonio. It's tempting but I've been burned by Walcott in the past however it is really is hard to ignore the savings.

So essentially it's Sanchez/Antonio/Rashford vs Walcott/Sterling/Lukaku.

I'm learning towards option 1 cause I feel its safer but I've started the season poorly and could be ready to take the gamble on Walcott with option 2.

Also thinking of option 3 which might be the riskiest overall going with Walcott/KDB/Rashford.

Option 1

Foster/Jakupovic
Amat/Walker/Lovren/Holebas/Baines
Capoue/Antonio/Sanchez/Firmino/Snodgrass/
Costa/Aguero/Rashford

Option 2

Foster/Jakupovic
Capoue/Sterling/Walcott/Firmino/Snodgrass/
Costa/Aguero/Lukaku

Option 3

Foster/Jakupovic
Capoue/KBD/Walcott/Firmino/Snodgrass/
Costa/Aguero/Rashford
Last edited by captainkebab on 21 Sep 2016, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

People loading up Snodgrass but he's got some awful games coming up

captainkebab
Kevin and Perry

Post by captainkebab »

Razzler wrote:People loading up Snodgrass but he's got some awful games coming up
He can rest on the bench whilst Capoue keeps banging them in. They are a fairly good pair for rotation.

Tusk
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Winner of FISO Mini-League 17/18 (OR: 35).

Post by Tusk »

Anyone considersing Bellerín for their WC? I really liked the look of him in the end of the last season and Arsenal has got really nice fixtures after Chelsea?

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

Tusk wrote:Anyone considersing Bellerín for their WC? I really liked the look of him in the end of the last season and Arsenal has got really nice fixtures after Chelsea?
Not a bad idea, but there are too many teams with good run of fixtures. Taking Bellerin means a weaker mid/att where are the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Everton, Watford, Hull (after GW7) and etc. If it was me, I'd take Cech from the Arsenal defence.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

Food for thought on two potential plans:

Plan A:
Having this team for GW6, and then do KDB-->Sanchez for GW7 and Bolasie-->Snodgrass for GW8
Pros: Higher chance of more points in GW6 (KDB with a lot better fixture) and in GW7 (Alexis's good run starting with KDB playing Spurs)
Cons:
Plan A.jpg
Plan B:
Having Sanchez and Sterling with a bit weakened defence.
Pros: More oriented in the long-term (Snodgrass and Holebas good run of fixtures)
Cons: Less points potential for GW6 (not having Antonio and Bolasie and even KDB (preferred over Sterling)
Plan B.jpg
Now what :/ :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richard713

Post by richard713 »

Please can someone rate my wildcard for GW6 !
Been tweaking endlessly lol

Pickford

Walker Coleman McAuley

Sanchez Payet Firmino Snodgrass

Ageuro Lukaku Deeney

Bench: Jakupovic Fletcher Holebas Amat

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

mr.stanishev wrote:Food for thought on two potential plans:

Plan A:
Having this team for GW6, and then do KDB-->Sanchez for GW7 and Bolasie-->Snodgrass for GW8
Pros: Higher chance of more points in GW6 (KDB with a lot better fixture) and in GW7 (Alexis's good run starting with KDB playing Spurs)
Cons:

Plan A.jpg

Plan B:
Having Sanchez and Sterling with a bit weakened defence.
Pros: More oriented in the long-term (Snodgrass and Holebas good run of fixtures)
Cons: Less points potential for GW6 (not having Antonio and Bolasie and even KDB (preferred over Sterling)

Plan B.jpg

Now what :/ :?
I would lean towards B if only because planning your next 2 transfers ahead of time is fraught with difficulty, you may well end up taking a - 4 to stick to your Good Plan which will reduce any gain.

Also I prefer not to get too hooked on chasing the good fixtures when it comes to attacking players, just pick who you think are the best players and put up with the odd harder game. No way would I use a transfer straight after a wildcard to get Sanchez in, just take him today of you prefer him over the next few weeks. He's a bit less likely to get a 20 point haul in that one hard game but he could easily get 6 or 7 for one goal /assist.

Lastly who are you benching for plan A? Are you happy with Capoue and mcauley as bench fodder? Money looks to spread over at least one player too many.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Is anyone going with Aguero / Zlatan / Lukaku?

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

richard713 wrote:Please can someone rate my wildcard for GW6 !
Been tweaking endlessly lol

Pickford

Walker Coleman McAuley

Sanchez Payet Firmino Snodgrass

Ageuro Lukaku Deeney

Bench: Jakupovic Fletcher Holebas Amat
Snodgrass for Capoue and money ITB to get him when his good fixtures start. Don't leave Capoue out for the next three. Don't do it to your self.

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

De Gea/Jakupovic
Walker/Jagielka/Valencia/Evans/Kingsley
De Bruyne/Coutinho/Antonio/Snodgrass/Capoue
Ibrahimovic/Aguero/Diomande

or

Pickford/Jakupovic
Walker/Jagielka/Valencia/Evans/Love
Sterling/Coutinho/Antonio/Fletcher/Capoue
Ibrahimovic/Aguero/Costa

It would be 4-4-2 for the first one (or occassionally 3-5-2 when Snodgrass and Capoue both have good fixtures) and 3-4-3 for the second one.

Which one seems better? Any ideas would be appreciated.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Fuzz wrote:Is anyone going with Aguero / Zlatan / Lukaku?
Yeah, me. Also have KDB.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

sstaffsw wrote:
Fuzz wrote:Is anyone going with Aguero / Zlatan / Lukaku?
Yeah, me. Also have KDB.
Me too! What's the rest of your team?

I'm currently on:

Foster / Pickford

Stones / Williams / McAuley / Holebas / Amat

De Bruyne / Firminio / Antonio / Capoue / Fletcher

Aguero / Zlatan / Lukaku

My other draft has Deeney instead of Lukaku and an upgraded defence.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Defence now a massive issue currently have
Jako/pick
Coleman lovren Morgan holebas Kingsley
Or could go to
Jako/mand
veronghan william Evans holebas Kingsley

A or b??
Or c
Jako/pick
Coleman Morgan holebas Evans Kelly

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Been playing around a bit with my defence, and currently considering one of the following combinations in addition to Holebas, Amat

1) Koscielny/Walker, Baines, Lovren (with 0.3 or 0.0 itb)
2) Shaw, Clyne, Baines (if Jaku rises 0.1)

Supposedly 2) is better if Shaw is confirmed fit?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

19Yorke wrote:Been playing around a bit with my defence, and currently considering one of the following combinations in addition to Holebas, Amat

1) Koscielny/Walker, Baines, Lovren (with 0.3 or 0.0 itb)
2) Shaw, Clyne, Baines (if Jaku rises 0.1)

Supposedly 2) is better if Shaw is confirmed fit?
I would not hold my breath about Jaku rising; last night (all numbers per FPLStatistics) he was just 52 off a rise and didn't, and this morning the required NTI went up to 1024, although he has reduced to half of that mid-afternoon. Is he trolling us (yes, I own him too) or is it the long tail of the early wildcarders realising that two 4.0 keepers may be a risk too far?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Pretty much set on something like this;

Pickford, Jakupovic
Walker, Baines, Holebas, X, Amat
Sanchez, Firmino, Sterling, Snodgrass, Capoue
Aguero, Lukaku, Janssen

Still mulling over defender X. 0.2 short of Lovren, who would have been my preference.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW6 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by eastcentral1 »

Notned wrote:Pretty much set on something like this;

Pickford, Jakupovic
Aguero, Lukaku, Janssen

Still mulling over defender X. 0.2 short of Lovren, who would have been my preference.
This looks really strong. I see you've saved some pennies going Snodgrass over Antonio. Something I've toyed with, but have a nagging feeling dropping Antonio could be a mistake.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: GW6 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by Notned »

eastcentral1 wrote:

Pickford, Jakupovic
Aguero, Lukaku, Janssen

This looks really strong. I see you've saved some pennies going Snodgrass over Antonio. Something I've toyed with, but have a nagging feeling dropping Antonio could be a mistake.
Cheers! Yeah, no Antonio is my major bug bear. Was pretty close between him and Sterling, in fairness. I do like Snoddy though, and taking him allows a better defence and the pick of the mid range strikers. Works well with Capoue too, in that it gives me a couple of weeks to see if Cap is the real deal, before having some great fixtures himself if not. Now just to choose that defender..

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GW6 Wildcard Thoughts and Ideas

Post by eastcentral1 »

Notned wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:

Pickford, Jakupovic
Aguero, Lukaku, Janssen

Cheers! Yeah, no Antonio is my major bug bear. Was pretty close between him and Sterling, in fairness. I do like Snoddy though, and taking him allows a better defence and the pick of the mid range strikers. Works well with Capoue too, in that it gives me a couple of weeks to see if Cap is the real deal, before having some great fixtures himself if not. Now just to choose that defender..
I'd go Evans / Mcauley, especially with no Foster

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah that seems to be the safe option, and they rarely let you down over the long terms. Don't like the fixtures, though. Still probably the default option if nobody else springs to mind. Would still like Lovren but not keen on downgrading Walker or Baines to a team mate. Coleman would do it were Baines to rise again, but that doesn't look likely.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Benteke instead of Janssen frees up the 0.2 needed for Lovren. I really couldn't tell who would be better out of Benteke/Janssen though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”