To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Axis of awesome

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ricardo68
FISOhead

Axis of awesome

Post by ricardo68 »

Hi folks as we all know an axis is three of something so as a rolling weekly thing I'd like to see who think are the top three players for the coming week.

This week for me it's
1: Ibrahimovic,
2: Kane,
3: Lukaku.

Honourable mentions to Hazard, Sanchez & Costa.

Who are yours?

JJ Zen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2014

Re: Axis of awesome

Post by JJ Zen »

It depends on the xtarting XI for MU at Dutch. 2 close away match is not so good

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I think for me, all season, would be Hazard + Lukaku + Aguero/Ibrahimovic

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

1. Lukaku
2. Sanchez
3. Ibra
baganboy wrote:I think for me, all season, would be Hazard + Lukaku + Aguero/Ibrahimovic
+1 to that. Hazard+Lukaku+Aguero looks like a great trio.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

1: Sterling
2: Kane
3: Lukaku

Sterling put 3 past them last year in the same fixture so can see him going for the kill if he starts.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm not entirely sure how this whole thing differs to essentially naming a Vice-Vice-Captain, but the three inevitable floppers I'm pinning most of my hopes on this week are my Kane(SUN)-Lukaku(MID)-Vardy(BUR) strikeforce.

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

I love how after 1 good week after a 6 month drought, Lukaku is suddenly essential to everyone :) I rate him and he's a decent price but going purely on point potential, for me it would still have to be Aguero / Ibrahimovic / Hazard when everyone's fit. Lukaku may get in ahead of Aguero while he's banned though yeah.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

bentapp wrote:I love how after 1 good week after a 6 month drought, Lukaku is suddenly essential to everyone :) I rate him and he's a decent price but going purely on point potential, for me it would still have to be Aguero / Ibrahimovic / Hazard when everyone's fit. Lukaku may get in ahead of Aguero while he's banned though yeah.
6 monts of drought, but what was the 6 months before that?

Same for Ighalo too, droughts happen but we know what they're capable of when in good form.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Resonare wrote:
bentapp wrote:I love how after 1 good week after a 6 month drought, Lukaku is suddenly essential to everyone :) I rate him and he's a decent price but going purely on point potential, for me it would still have to be Aguero / Ibrahimovic / Hazard when everyone's fit. Lukaku may get in ahead of Aguero while he's banned though yeah.
6 monts of drought, but what was the 6 months before that?

Same for Ighalo too, droughts happen but we know what they're capable of when in good form.
And when they are getting the right sort of service. It was no coincidence that Lukaku got his hat trick when Deulofeu, Bolasie and Mirallas were providing him with the ammo to fire.

Kenzo
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kenzo »

Lkk not that essential for the season yet but for the next game, every factor pointing to him doing well in the next fixture, he scored 4 headers in his last 5 goals.

Has form confidence back, Everton have team form.

And mid is joint top 2 for headed goal attempts conceded.

Kenzo
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kenzo »

My pick is Sanchez (scored in all his previous appearance vs Hull)
Lkk (individual form and team form)
Benteke (poor Stoke, palace good team underlying stats)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

TheoRiginal wrote:And when they are getting the right sort of service. It was no coincidence that Lukaku got his hat trick when Deulofeu, Bolasie and Mirallas were providing him with the ammo to fire.
The service for Lukaku has certainly gotten better but the sheer amount of chances he and Ighalo were missing during thier droughts was awful. Ighalo literally missed from a few yards out vs West Ham before they scored 4.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Since when was an axis three of something?

It's 2 or more in this context (If it applies at all) hence Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy being the 'Axis' powers.

I have Ibra, Kak, Costa & Hazard

If I were picking solely for this week I would go with...

1. Sanchez against Hull
2. Kak against Boro
3. Ibra against Watford

That said the Cheslski v Pool game could be another goalfest ala Arsenal v Pool so Costa, Hazard and the Pool mids could be a good call; KDB at Bournemouth has got to be a shout too. Can't see why Kane would be there, sure it's only Sunderland but Vardy has scored in his last two games and he has Burnley next, at least as likley to score IMHO.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Weisenwolf wrote:It's 2 or more in this context (If it applies at all) hence Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy being the 'Axis' powers.
you forgot about Japan

only Aguero is essential to me and most likely he's the only player I will keep in my team for the whole season (minus injuries and suspensions)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

tarkens wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:It's 2 or more in this context (If it applies at all) hence Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy being the 'Axis' powers.
you forgot about Japan

only Aguero is essential to me and most likely he's the only player I will keep in my team for the whole season (minus injuries and suspensions)
I didn't forget Japan at all, they didn't join the party until the tripartite pact in September 1940. You may as well state that I forgot Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Bulgaria too who were also late arrivals :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

thanks, I didn't want to be the usual pedant,
glad that someone else pointed that out :mrgreen:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

depends how you look at it, if you take 1939 as the start date of the axis then yeah, Germany + Italy, but you could go back to mid 1930s when two pacts were signed, one between Germany and Italy, and the other one between Germany and Japan, but let's not make it into history thread, especially with an Italian, a Brit and a Pole involved in the discussion cause that could get ugly very quickly :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Isn't the title simply a nod to the band Axis of Awesome, of which there are three members? Made 'famous' for that ''4 chord song'' thing, basically putting decades of Pop music that all use the same chords together into one.

Edit (this one):

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

'everyone' actually knows that an axis is a line about which something can be said to rotate.

But anyway...

I fear City this weekend, so I'd go Iheanacho, KDB and Sterling, of which I have none, 1 week after wildcarding.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

BobMem wrote:'everyone' actually knows that an axis is a line about which something can be said to rotate.
Except the x and y ones? Well and z for the pedants.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: RE: Re: Axis of awesome

Post by BobMem »

blahblah wrote:
BobMem wrote:'everyone' actually knows that an axis is a line about which something can be said to rotate.
Except the x and y ones? Well and z for the pedants.
To me they are axes (which I think is the plural) about which an aircraft rotates.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep to plural but x axis, y axis etc

Are we onto Conveyor Belts now?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

1 Kevin de Bruyne
2 Christian Eriksen
3 Romelukaku

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MoSe wrote:thanks, I didn't want to be the usual pedant,
glad that someone else pointed that out :mrgreen:
Oh go away you big fascist. :wink:

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Surely we're just naming the FPL triumvirate of Aguero, Ibra and Sanchez?

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Stemania wrote:Isn't the title simply a nod to the band Axis of Awesome, of which there are three members? Made 'famous' for that ''4 chord song'' thing, basically putting decades of Pop music that all use the same chords together into one.

Edit (this one):
OMG that is brilliant thanks Stem :)

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

I'm thinking Aguero/Sanchez/Lukaku now

Kenzo
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kenzo »

Aguero snodgrass Janssen for GW 6