To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Life without Aguero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Re: Life without Aguero

Post by Tall Paul »

Billy Bongo wrote:I'm a Burnley fan.

I've kept KUN because I think we've ridden our luck at home and with a full squad I worry about being hammered this weekend
Oh ye of little faith.

Although I have heard a rumour Tom Heaton is out injured :shock:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Tall Paul wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:I'm a Burnley fan.

I've kept KUN because I think we've ridden our luck at home and with a full squad I worry about being hammered this weekend
Oh ye of little faith.

Although I have heard a rumour Tom Heaton is out injured :shock:
Well at least we get to see Pope in action :(

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Robinson to start apparently.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Tall Paul wrote:Robinson to start apparently.
But will Aguero, that's the question? :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I can't find any clue about Aguero anywhere.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

If he's out today he's gone. I'm sick of him.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Tall Paul wrote:Robinson to start apparently.
Without Heaton I'd fear for Burnley. Him missing out would probably make me think that Aguero C is worth the risk this week.

Is the Heaton info pretty reliable? I assume so or you'd not mention it... Hmmmm.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

If Tall Paul says it then it's a reliable rumour I'd say

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Not necessarily. I'm not ITK, just repeating what I'm reading on the Burnley message boards.

I hope it's not true, but there are enough people saying it that it looks likely to be.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

#alwaystrusttallpaul

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

With all due respect to the two goals...I am glad to say goodbye Aguero.

Not worth his 13.1 killer price, with his silly yellows, penalty misses and consecutive 2-pointers...adios Kun.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Well it's going to take a huge amount of courage and faith to sell Aguero this week. My plan was to bring in Kane, but now I'm not so sure.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The two goals are certainly a nice send-off for anyone thinking of selling. I'm still considering it, I think a blank and associated price drops would have been a slam-dunk sell decision, now it's more finely balanced and comes down to the reasons that I highlighted earlier about the captaincy and probable rotation in this Guardiola system.

Ultimately, it's Aguero (un-captained) and someone like Sigurdsson as my 4th mid, or any other striker I care to buy and what ever associated midfield upgrade I want. Have to say, that right now, I still marginally favour selling :shock:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Mav3rick wrote:The two goals are certainly a nice send-off for anyone thinking of selling. I'm still considering it, I think a blank and associated price drops would have been a slam-dunk sell decision, now it's more finely balanced and comes down to the reasons that I highlighted earlier about the captaincy and probable rotation in this Guardiola system.

Ultimately, it's Aguero (un-captained) and someone like Sigurdsson as my 4th mid, or any other striker I care to buy and what ever associated midfield upgrade I want. Have to say, that right now, I still marginally favour selling :shock:
Same. Will see how Kane and Chelsea go.

I guess Aguero might even rise so we can make a late call on him later in the week :)

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

The more I look at it, the more I think selling Aguero now is a good idea. There are better alternatives for captaincy for a few rounds, the one really good fixture he has looks like a possible benching for him I reckon (midweek v Watford) and there are good alternatives that round. Kane has better fixtures, is slightly more nailed-on and frees up good money to get in Chelsea players for their excellent fixtures.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

In the last 4 games he's scored 5 goals; surely that justifies keeping him?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Before the weekend I did slightly concider getting rid of Kun and going with Kane Lukaku and Costa. Having seen the games this weekend I have already ditched Lukaku as Everton look complete cap (paid 9.0, got 9.4) swapped for Kane, Still on Kun. Other striker is Austin who has good fixtures. Possibly will swap him for Costa come 2GW's but means downgrading Hazard

Overall though I think I will 95% keep Kun unless he is injured sometime soon.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Just taken the plunge, mainly for the captaincy reasons. I also don't think Man City are playing very well (although a worry that Aguero is still getting goals).
It won't be long until he's back in for me, probably when Costa gets his 5th yellow (so April).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ruth_NZ wrote:What I find frustrating is that many FFS managers are now catching up with what I was saying 5 weeks ago having derided it at the time. Seems like my non-Aguero differential is about to become template. :roll:
Having given it a few days I want to make a comment about this contentious post after which I will withdraw from this conversation.

It wasn't intended to be an "I told you so". As I pointed out earlier, it could hardly be that when the outcome is so unclear.

What it was, was mainly a result of having to put up with some quite vindictive posts on FFS after daring to question Aguero's essential status. I do realise that FISO isn't FFS so maybe this wasn't the place. But I like Eastcentral (the guy I was replying to) and was sharing frustration for frustration. That's what my post was meant to be.

As soon as Baganboy replied I saw that my post had an inflexion that I hadn't really intended and said so straightaway. If that's not clear enough then let me say now that I recognise that there are some very good FPL managers on FISO who have been playing the game (much) longer than me. I don't claim to be cleverer than them and I'm not seeking to prove that I am. I am a bit iconoclastic in my nature and tend to challenge what appear to me to be standard norms. Maybe that can cause some tension. But if so that's all it is.

I don't like "I told you so" games, neither do I like randomly adversarial discussion in general. If anyone read that in my post then please excuse me. It wasn't intended.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

I just don't get it folks, admittedly I AM definitely biased but Aguero has scored 33 goals in his last 34 Premier League games and has the best minutes/goal ratio in Premier League history (apart from Iheanacho but that doesn't really count) so even at 13m he's a must-have for me. .... and yes, I've been following this post since the start and have read all of the arguments. I do see the value in discussing the alternatives and it's certainly thought-provoking and interesting to look at all angles but I'm not seeing this at all, but I guess that's the beauty of this game, we can all make our own choices. I will stick with my answer from some weeks ago on this thread - if he's fit he's in my team and wearing the armband, even this weekend v Chelsea. I remember not captaining him last season (April 2016) at Stamford Bridge and he scored a hat-trick. He's just too good :-)

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

brencarr wrote:Aguero has scored 33 goals in his last 34 Premier League games and has the best minutes/goal ratio in Premier League history (apart from Iheanacho but that doesn't really count) :-)
Better than Shearer, even?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I've seen a list of the most lethal goalscorers in Premier League couple of years ago, Shearer was 10th, behind Suarez, Sturridge, Hernandez, Dzeko.. Henry was 2nd, Aguero 1st

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

tarkens wrote:I've seen a list of the most lethal goalscorers in Premier League couple of years ago, Shearer was 10th, behind Suarez, Sturridge, Hernandez, Dzeko.. Henry was 2nd, Aguero 1st
Yes impossible to compare with such a vast difference in games played over time. Shearer had the consistency that many others (almost all) would have struggled to match. e.g. 30 goals in 3 successive seasons will possibly never be matched. He probably would have been much better had he not had 3 serious groin ops as well! :shock:

It's a really tough one this; I understand that he's not worth 13mn if not captaining. But the premium players are never worth it (in any position) - it's about where you spend the 'not worth it' cash. He's pretty good even if you only occasionally captain - and getting him back can be a pain. We are talking an approx. 2mn saving. What can that do for your squad? (It doesn't do quite enough for mine at the moment but if Costa continues his form and gets that illusive yellow, I'll then be tempted, in order to perhaps upgrade to a Chelsea defender)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

This is a really useful experiment to try and decide if anyone is truly essential or not. It won't definitively decide that debate but it will go a long way to providing some evidence

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:This is a really useful experiment to try and decide if anyone is truly essential or not. It won't definitively decide that debate but it will go a long way to providing some evidence
I'm sure those who ditch him will eventually say he wasn't essential and those who keep him will eventually say he was essential :roll:

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Life without Aguero

Post by BobMem »

Finisher1 wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:This is a really useful experiment to try and decide if anyone is truly essential or not. It won't definitively decide that debate but it will go a long way to providing some evidence
I'm sure those who ditch him will eventually say he wasn't essential and those who keep him will eventually say he was essential :roll:
This is actually about right, so my decision to ship him will turn out to be the correct one!

On a serious note, unless Aguero does something ridiculous like score 5 in a game, or goes 5 games in a row without returns, then we won't actually know.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

BobMem wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
This is actually about right, so my decision to ship him will turn out to be the correct one!

On a serious note, unless Aguero does something ridiculous like score 5 in a game, or goes 5 games in a row without returns, then we won't actually know.
Exactly. Unless we get those kind of extreme outcomes, it's going to remain debatable and everyone will claim an "I told you so".

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Life without Aguero

Post by BobMem »

Finisher1 wrote:
BobMem wrote:
Exactly. Unless we get those kind of extreme outcomes, it's going to remain debatable and everyone will claim an "I told you so".
No, I told YOU so!

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

Finisher1 wrote:
BobMem wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

Except for those who claim "he told you so".

Shevchenko
Wideboy

Post by Shevchenko »

I never get this ''i told you so'' game. Youre not right when you keep Aguero and he scored a hattrick, youre just lucky. Its a matter of choosing the ''most likely will happen'' decision, you choose an option with most reasonable argument backed up with proper data. When you choose the opposite option that against the data and youre right, then its no more than a lucky blind gamble.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”