To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Life without Aguero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: Life without Aguero

Post by eastcentral1 »

Given the imminent price changes and the very small risk of any postponement to the LC, I'll probably pull the trigger early.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I want to mazimize my team value and catch up every price change - but now I feel like I'm running back and forth without direction trying to water down every fire :lol:

Makes me think is this sensible at all :roll:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Life without Aguero

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:Still red flagged?
Still banned!
Common sense prevails surely? Especially as the site states 'suspended until 24th Sept'. Guess it's a 'covering their arse' type move from FPL in the small chance that the EFL cup game gets called off.
It's ridiculous - the flag should (and usually would have) gone. I'll take it if Aguero rises though. :roll:

Livermore was sent off for Hull this weekend and is also suspended for his midweek cup game. Obviously he isn't flagged because it's silly for him to be, but Aguero still is...

With the dodgy looking assists this weekend there's a fair bit of inconsistency about in FPL towers atm.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Finisher1 wrote:I want to mazimize my team value and catch up every price change - but now I feel like I'm running back and forth without direction trying to water down every fire :lol:

Makes me think is this sensible at all :roll:
Yeah i've been doing it since Friday but missed Hazard's drop, so I think I'm done and will try to choose my WC team today

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

I'm probably being paranoid but does anyone think there's a chance Aguero might not start this weekend? On the back of an emphatic 4-0 win will Pep ease him back in on the hour mark. Iheanacho has scored in both games during Kun's absence and maybe Pep will decide he deserves another start. Madness?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Cornish Gooner wrote:I'm probably being paranoid but does anyone think there's a chance Aguero might not start this weekend? On the back of an emphatic 4-0 win will Pep ease him back in on the hour mark. Iheanacho has scored in both games during Kun's absence and maybe Pep will decide he deserves another start. Madness?
Possibly but then again Aguero is probably fully match fit as he hasn't been injured. He is the main man and will want him back in the team.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Cornish Gooner wrote:I'm probably being paranoid but does anyone think there's a chance Aguero might not start this weekend? On the back of an emphatic 4-0 win will Pep ease him back in on the hour mark. Iheanacho has scored in both games during Kun's absence and maybe Pep will decide he deserves another start. Madness?
There's definitely a chance

But isn't iheanacho likely to get some league cup action instead ?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Yes, Aguero is fully match fit and they want to give him minutes before important matches. I don't think it's smart to rest him just in the sake of rest but then again I'm not Pep.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Stemania wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
Still banned!
Common sense prevails surely? Especially as the site states 'suspended until 24th Sept'. Guess it's a 'covering their arse' type move from FPL in the small chance that the EFL cup game gets called off.
It's ridiculous - the flag should (and usually would have) gone. I'll take it if Aguero rises though. :roll:

Livermore was sent off for Hull this weekend and is also suspended for his midweek cup game. Obviously he isn't flagged because it's silly for him to be, but Aguero still is...

With the dodgy looking assists this weekend there's a fair bit of inconsistency about in FPL towers atm.
Yeah, I agree that either Livermore and Aguero should both be flagged, (due to a tiny chance of EFL postponement), or neither should be flagged as they are both available for GW6 currently.

It's this inconsistency that annoys me.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Life without Aguero

Post by Finisher1 »

Football Hero wrote:
Stemania wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
Still banned!

Yeah, I agree that either Livermore and Aguero should both be flagged, (due to a tiny chance of EFL postponement), or neither should be flagged as they are both available for GW6 currently.

Have you done anything to fix it? Maybe give a frustrated phone call to FPL Towers?Image

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

carver wrote:
There's definitely a chance

But isn't iheanacho likely to get some league cup action instead ?
It's funny. I took Ibra out for Aguero instead of upgrading Iheanacho just in case this happens.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: Have you done anything to fix it? Maybe give a frustrated phone call to FPL Towers?Image
Bloomin eck - don't do that. We want his rise tonight. :lol:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Finisher1 wrote:Yes, Aguero is fully match fit and they want to give him minutes before important matches. I don't think it's smart to rest him just in the sake of rest but then again I'm not Pep.
Yes I think what he needs right now is match practice, not rest. He'll start.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Past managers have said he's best when he plays every game. Hopefully Pep subscribes to that view.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: Have you done anything to fix it? Maybe give a frustrated phone call to FPL Towers?Image
Bloomin eck - don't do that. We want his rise tonight. :lol:
Is this a royal we?! Part of my plan pre-last gameweek was to wait until GW8 to get Aguero back for Ibrahimovic. If he's goes up before the flag is removed, I'd be looking at 13.1mn minimum at that stage, probably 13.2mn. A -4pts is now on the cards tonight...because if I combine that with a small loss on Ibrahimovic too, the £ swing is really starting to mount up. I also feel Aguero is the best captain this week. I've convinced myself!!

Given it takes a rather large NTO amount to take a very highly owned player like Aguero was down in value, isn't it conceivable that even with the 8 day amnesty, those 1mn who will buy him could send his value through 13.4-13.5mn over the next 3 weeks or is that just unlikely? If he scores and Ibra blanks, it'll surely be a bloodbath of transfers.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

So is Aguero rising tonight or not? Or are we still not sure?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Looks likely

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Football Hero wrote:
Stemania wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
murf wrote:
Still banned!

I have heard rumours that the people who make these decisions are PL referees moonlighting to make a couple of extra bob.

Which would explain a lot!!!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Life without Aguero

Post by Stemania »

Sutter Kane wrote: Given it takes a rather large NTO amount to take a very highly owned player like Aguero was down in value, isn't it conceivable that even with the 8 day amnesty, those 1mn who will buy him could send his value through 13.4-13.5mn over the next 3 weeks or is that just unlikely? If he scores and Ibra blanks, it'll surely be a bloodbath of transfers.
Assuming the flag now comes off Wednesday night (perhaps now that's anyone's guess) and he gets 8 day protection, that would have him covered up until late Thurs evening/the Friday immediately before GW8, right? Basically one day of NTIs which may be enough for one rise, may not be, but surely not more than one. So I think the most ypu can expect to pay for GW8 (assuming you move straight after the GW7 deadline) is 13.1m I think. Possible even only 13m, with 0.1m of that probably coming tonight. :D

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well I moved last night and glad I did. Cost me -4pts but I'm justifying it to myself here on a public forum... :D

1) 0.2mn value and certainly more than that gained if I'd stuck to the original plan and waited until after Spurs game.
2) Ibra value losses. At least 0.1mn there.
3) He's the best captain this week imo so technically that -4 isn't a -4 on paper.

No brainer right? :P

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Sutter Kane wrote:
No brainer right? :P
Hmm. Unless Ibra tears some rectums in the next 2 games...which was always the danger.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Flag removed so his price should now be protected from transfers until around 9pm on Thursday 29th (Thursday immediately before GW7).

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

As anticipated (well, by some of us) while Ibra is still in free fall. Funny old game, isn't it?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Flag removed so his price should now be protected from transfers until around 9pm on Thursday 29th (Thursday immediately before GW7).
That's what we assume based on previous seasons. It's probably likely to be a correct assumption, but I think you can't be 100% sure unless you have an office in FPL towers?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

The price change sites would presumably have realised by now that protection has changed by seeing incorrect behavior in other players that have been red flagged this season. FPLS for example have the lock in place for the historical 8 days so I think it's a fair assumption.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:The price change sites would presumably have realised by now that protection has changed by seeing incorrect behavior in other players that have been red flagged this season. FPLS for example have the lock in place for the historical 8 days so I think it's a fair assumption.
Really? Has there already been a case this season when a player has gone directly from red flag to blue flag and whose NTI during those 8 days has been big enough to get a rise in normal circumstances?

Which player are you referring to?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:
Stemania wrote:The price change sites would presumably have realised by now that protection has changed by seeing incorrect behavior in other players that have been red flagged this season. FPLS for example have the lock in place for the historical 8 days so I think it's a fair assumption.
Really? Has there already been a case this season when a player has gone directly from red flag to blue flag and whose NTI during those 8 days has been big enough to get a rise in normal circumstances?

Which player are you referring to?
:lol:

Believe it or not I don't keep track of the NTI or NTO of every player who had a red flag removed all season and would have no idea of what their wildcard-transfer percentage was even if I did (you'd have to ask one of the price change site runners). If there were someone breaking the existing rule it would have been noticed.

If you want to go and try to look for an example confirming the protection then best of luck it would be quite a trawl. One bet might be someone like Pogba, who missed his first game after arrival with suspension and he did have 135k transfers in by two weeks later. To see how many came in the 10 day period you'd have to look at daily ownership data and I don't think that's available to us, and again, you wouldn't know the wildcard-percentage anyway. Unfortunately the CTC numbers for every player every day have been wiped for August due to some sort of reset/improvement.

I think it's fair to assume that a rule that has been in place for at least 5 years or so is still in place unless we have new information suggesting it isn't.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

FPS has Aguero at 0.0% and locked until 09:20 29th. So Thursday morning and as there is a Friday game he has until the overnight rise/drop and can only make one rise.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Weisenwolf wrote:FPS has Aguero at 0.0% and locked until 09:20 29th. So Thursday morning and as there is a Friday game he has until the overnight rise/drop and can only make one rise.
9:20 pm :P

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Stemania wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:FPS has Aguero at 0.0% and locked until 09:20 29th. So Thursday morning and as there is a Friday game he has until the overnight rise/drop and can only make one rise.
9:20 pm :P
Ah you spotted my, er deliberate mistake, well done, just testing :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”