To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Life without Aguero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Life without Aguero

Post by Stemania »

The latest (entirely unverified) twitter rumour ""Man City are willing to listen to offers for Sergio Aguero due to concerns over his fitness and disciplinary record." is hardly a big tick in Kun's box either.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

A twitter rumour from an actual journalist or 'some guy on twitter'?

Twitter itself isn't really a source, the source is whoever tweets the info and how respectable they are

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Guardian:

Pep Guardiola has identified Leroy Sané, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling as Manchester City’s exciting young forward line of the future. “These three players will be the future in the next three or four years, I’m pretty sure of that,” the manager said. “The last game we played with three guys with an average age of 20. I don’t think in the big clubs in Europe you can find three strikers with an average age of 20."

“Raz is playing in a row every three days at a high level, has scored a lot of goals, made assists, and is dangerous in the box; Gabriel is No9 for Brazil and Leroy – we spent a lot on him because we believe he has the potential. But in the big clubs you have to achieve results immediately and that’s why they have to play good now, not in three years.”

Looks like Aguero's time may be up. :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... m-sterling

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

Really need Aguero to do the business ahead of the FA QF draw, so I know whom to ship him for

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Ruth_NZ wrote: Looks like Aguero's time may be up. :shock:
The nail in the coffin tonight surely? That must definitively mark the end of his appeal in FPL, for this season at least. And at this rate, he's unlikely to be around for the next one.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Will he play in the next game though? Will Guardiola allow Kun's match fitness to disappear given he now can't sell him until the summer...especially with C.League round the corner.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Am I mental for wanting to captain him next week if I keep him? Only other candidate is Alli.

Could also do Aguero > Ibra (or Costa/Kane) and Erikson to KDB (c) which I'm tempted by. Think either way Aguero is out after Swansea but tempted to keep.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

IceCreamFirm wrote:Am I mental for wanting to captain him next week if I keep him? Only other candidate is Alli.

Could also do Aguero > Ibra (or Costa/Kane) and Erikson to KDB (c) which I'm tempted by. Think either way Aguero is out after Swansea but tempted to keep.
Unless Aguero has ongoing issues with management or mental health he will score points this season, but I believe he is done with the Premier league in the long term. Trade him in for a player that can score points in blank and or double game weeks so hold on until the Cup games unfold.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well if he starts, I think he's the best captain. He's not the sort of player that sulks so he might want to prove a point.

I think it's worth keeping him this week for the captaincy - even if he's benched again which I can't really see, he can still do damage off the bench.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Sutter Kane wrote:Well if he starts, I think he's the best captain. He's not the sort of player that sulks so he might want to prove a point.

I think it's worth keeping him this week for the captaincy - even if he's benched again which I can't really see, he can still do damage off the bench.
I'm a concerned owner myself, and having watched the match against West-Ham I'm not so sure Aguero will start. Jesus was really sharp, and worked hard defencively. I think Pep's having trouble coping with Aguero's lack of energy working defencively. The front three of Jesus, Sané and Sterling is extreme with their pace and work-ethics. Pep's philosophy of how he wants the team to work collectively doesn't seem to fit Aguero. And judging by the results and the fact that City counter-attacked the first two goals with beautiful football is a pretty good argument of keeping the momentum those three provided.

It's a bit like how Klopp lined up his front line early in the season (Firminho, Coutinho and Mané). Sturridge/Origi doesn't have the same talent to defend like Klopp want despite the other danger-elements they provide. I actually think this is why Hazard also have been substituted early the last couple of games aswell - he don't track back with the same intensity as others (e.g the goal Pool scored against Chelsea). A team isn't better then the weakest link, and if team is set up to collectivly press the opponents high up the pitch they are absolutely dependent that all of the players work extremely hard the whole game.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

I think he does have a strop in him though. The red against Chelsea kinda proves that

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

I think (hope) he will start this weekend. With Sterling/Jesus/Sane starting both the palace and West Ham games surely Aguero gets a run out this weekend.

Haven't got the balls to captain him this weekend though. Probably last chance saloonn for Kun.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Oh it's definitely last chance for him. I just wonder in what game Aguero would play between now and the end of the season if not this one. As I mentioned above, with the glut of fixtures ahead, Pep cannot afford Aguero to lose match sharpness even if he does consider him his no2 striker now. He's surely got to start; I said that against Burnley though.

Is this Pep rotation though or is Kun now just going to try to make an impact from the bench every game?? I think barring any relevant news, I'll captain and hope for one last hurrah!!

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Sterling-Jesus-Sane is probably the future for City. Possible even the now.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Sutter Kane wrote:With the glut of fixtures ahead, Pep cannot afford Aguero to lose match sharpness even if he does consider him his no2 striker now. He's surely got to start; I said that against Burnley though.

Is this Pep rotation though or is Kun now just going to try to make an impact from the bench every game?? I think barring any relevant news, I'll captain and hope for one last hurrah!!
+1

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If I had Aguero I'd certainly consider captaining him. I think he will start, and City might have just found their groove again. Aguero on his early season form could still be a massively influential FPL player, even without pens.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yep. If ever there was a week to (c) Aguero, this is it. It's the week that was pointed to back in GW19 when Aguero returned as very dangerous for non-owners. If I had him I'd captain him without a 2nd thought. 12 months ago he'd have been 85%+ on the FFS poll.

Good luck to CK and all that sail in her. :)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Cheers, well done on taking the pre-emptive action against the Agüero rotation and such that you suspected; hopefully my faith will pay a few points tomorrow even if he hasn't done well since I rushed him back in.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

I think he will start, and he's my captain for this week.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

If you had Kane and Aguero, would you still captain Aguero?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote:If you had Kane and Aguero, would you still captain Aguero?
Without a doubt. I should perhaps add that I have neither. :lol:

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ester-city

Well it seems like Aguero isn't first choice at the moment. So that is Aguero and Sanchez as potential transfer targets in the summer.

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

Is anyone considering bringing Aguero in now Gabriel Jesus is rumoured to have broken his metatarsal?
I'm thinking it is probably best to wait and see how he gets on with a view to possibly bringing him in for GW32.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

elliot wrote:Is anyone considering bringing Aguero in now Gabriel Jesus is rumoured to have broken his metatarsal?
I'm thinking it is probably best to wait and see how he gets on with a view to possibly bringing him in for GW32.
Seems that it's more than a rumour then.

As for Aguero, maybe but not yet, though I like Sterling at the minute, even though I'm taking him out this week.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

elliot wrote:Is anyone considering bringing Aguero in now Gabriel Jesus is rumoured to have broken his metatarsal?
Back on my radar for around then...although that is a long way off.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

No I wasn't considering him before Jesus was eligible either and won't be now unless he starts scoring regularly.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Aguero only works as an FPL pick if he is consistently high quality and a viable Captain pick. It would take several consistently good games before that could even be considered and with only a bakers dozen games left he's unlikely to prove desirable for the rest of this season.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Manchester City could have a DGW in both 34 and 37. That could shake things up a bit if Jesus is out for the rest of the season.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

IMO Aguero is done with the PL after this season.
He will need to make an impression for the rest of the season to get a good transfer fee to a different european team or China so he will be trying hard to impress and therefore score points.
I brought him in early season but yellow's, red's and blanks, bans and manager rotations rule him out as being a reliable nailed on captain choice. I would not buy him back in even if he was hitting double figures. I will take that chance and see if I am wrong at the end of the season. Good luck to City and Aguero for the remaining matches but a Mid or forward playing to avoid relegation will be cheaper and may yield as well.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Pep is an overrated manager and arrogant.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”