To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What's your current squad value?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Re: What's your current squad value?

Post by Resonare »

Post-WC
Squad value £100.8
In the bank £0.9

Benbulben
Cheetah

Post by Benbulben »

Weisenwolf wrote:It worth noting that TV is not sale value. Because you get nothing selling a player with one price rise and only .1 for a player with two or three price rises and so on TV is a very crude measure of buying power. I have a TV of 102.3 but if I sell them all I would only get 100.7

This is the important thing to measure, the actual Resale Value or RV. Team value is not nearly as important.

By the end of last year I had built up a resale value of 9.0 million. This allowed me to buy premium defenders while having all of the firing attackers, this drove my OR up but not by as much as I would have hoped and I said to myself that I wouldn't chase the value as much this year.

As others have pointed out already though last year was an anomaly with a multitude of bargain basement cost players performing incredibly. It's also worth noting what your OR is. Someone could have a RV of 1.1 million right now but if their OR is 3.5 million it's not a great return.

So far this year :

TV 102.2
RV 100.6
OR 586k

My OR took a severe nose dive this week :'(

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:Squad £97M (Sale Value £94.9M)
ITB £6M
TV £103M (Sale&ITB value £100.9M)

So real profit £0.9M :roll:
Squad £99.4M (Sale Value £97.6M)
ITB £3.6M
TV £103M (Sale&ITB value £101.2M)

So real profit £1.2M

Interesting to note that the TV remains the same but the sale value and hence potential 'profit' is now higher. Shows that TV is a really crude and misleading measure.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:
ITB £6M

ITB £3.6M

So real profit £1.2M

Interesting to note that the TV remains the same but the sale value and hence potential 'profit' is now higher. Shows that TV is a really crude and misleading measure.
What is your squad?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Benbulben wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:It worth noting that TV is not sale value. Because you get nothing selling a player with one price rise and only .1 for a player with two or three price rises and so on TV is a very crude measure of buying power. I have a TV of 102.3 but if I sell them all I would only get 100.7

This is the important thing to measure, the actual Resale Value or RV. Team value is not nearly as important.

By the end of last year I had built up a resale value of 9.0 million. This allowed me to buy premium defenders while having all of the firing attackers, this drove my OR up but not by as much as I would have hoped and I said to myself that I wouldn't chase the value as much this year.

As others have pointed out already though last year was an anomaly with a multitude of bargain basement cost players performing incredibly. It's also worth noting what your OR is. Someone could have a RV of 1.1 million right now but if their OR is 3.5 million it's not a great return.

So far this year :

TV 102.2
RV 100.6
OR 586k

My OR took a severe nose dive this week :'(
WELCOME TO FISO! Image

True, but.
As pointed out in a similar topic last season, just before the massive WC deployment ahead of DGWs,
Selling, or Resale Value is also a partial view of your buying power (adding ITB to RV, I used to call it Total Budget)
that's your Buying Power, or Total Budget, ONLY under the assumption that you would KEEP NONE of your current XV.

If you already own a "key staple", you won't likely want/need to sell him, and you wouldn't be losing the fee on him.
So you'd be able to affor a bit better XV over someone who has to buy all players anew with the same Total Budget (RV+ITB)

So, the actual "worth" of your team is something in between TV (Squad+ITB) and TB (RV+ITB)
depending on how many players with high fees you intend to keep or sell
e.g. in the dream case you already have a perfect team and don't need to change it, your TV is a better measure of your team worth, as it's the price someone else would have to pay to get a team like your one. it doesn't matter in that case that your RV might be much lower, as in that scenario you don't need/plan to sell anyone

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Weisenwolf wrote:TV remains the same but the sale value and hence potential 'profit' is now higher. Shows that TV is a really crude and misleading measure.
in that example, the team with the much higher SV had a much lower ITB, that's why
the Total Budget difference was just 0.3m (101.2 vs 100.9), you mislead yourself :P

TV is the measure of your team's worth if you keep every player
Sale value is the measure of the team worth you can get if you change every player you have now

the real worth of your team is something in between, depending on the context, scenarios, plan, goals...

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
ITB £6M

ITB £3.6M

So real profit £1.2M

What is your squad?
Foster/Jaku
Valencia, Williams, McAulley, Amat, Kingsley
Hazard, Antonio, Barkley, Redmond, Capoue
Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Costa

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

MoSe wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:TV remains the same but the sale value and hence potential 'profit' is now higher. Shows that TV is a really crude and misleading measure.
in that example, the team with the much higher SV had a much lower ITB, that's why
the Total Budget difference was just 0.3m (101.2 vs 100.9), you mislead yourself :P
This statement is Incorrect; The total budget is different because I have sold players for more than I purchased them for since the first post and has nothing to do with ITB numbers.

The higher SV for the second team post is quite obvioulsy composed primarily of the additional previously banked money now spent but also either it or the ITB balance (Depending upon which way you choose to view it) also include the 0.3M profit.

Not sure how I'm misleading myself here :?
MoSe wrote:
TV is the measure of your team's worth if you keep every player
Sale value is the measure of the team worth you can get if you change every player you have now

the real worth of your team is something in between, depending on the context, scenarios, plan, goals...
Yes that is the point of this and my previous posts.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

in my case

Squad 100.9 - Fees 1.2 = Resell 99.7 - PP 99.2 (Purchase Price) = Net Profit 0.5m
ITB 0.4
Total Value 101.3 / Total Budget 100.1

OR 540k

that looks pretty dire, but it's due of gioving precedence to the olympics and sidegame organisation, and playing GW! & 2 with an aoutpick team, and playing the WC in a rush few minutes before GW3 deadline, not focusing on price risers but just putting a patch on the bleed

note that my total Budget only increased 0.1m over the initial one,
but I highlight a 0.5m net profit, as I had actually lost value at first, plunging below 100.0 before I decided to play WC

the market doesen't care, as should I completely change my team I can still afford just 100.1
but having played my WC already I won't change my whole team, and my XV grew in price by 1.7 from when I bought them
true, that 1.7 is split in 1.2 fees and 0.5 profit, but at least my assets are appreciating, and I can hope most of them continue doing so for a while, so that I can consolidate a bigger profit when I'll find convenient to swap them

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Weisenwolf wrote:
MoSe wrote:
This statement is Incorrect; The total budget is different because I have sold players for more than I purchased them for since the first post and has nothing to do with ITB numbers.

The higher SV for the second team post is quite obvioulsy composed primarily of the additional previously banked money now spent but also either it or the ITB balance (Depending upon which way you choose to view it) also include the 0.3M profit.

My statements are factually correct :P
  • "the team with the much higher SV had a much lower ITB" factually correct
    "the Total Budget difference was just 0.3m (101.2 vs 100.9)" factually correct, and independent of ITB
I just realise I misread your post, thinking your were putting the emphasis on the big difference in Sale Value (97.6 v 94.9)
You actually said just higher, and that's correct,
it's only that "crude and misleading" sounded a bit harsh applied to a mere 0.3m difference in Total Budget

True, TV is a measure of the high end of the spectrum of your team worth, and it can be misleading if you don't read it correctly, but I've seen much worse, see my own case :wink:

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
ITB £6M

ITB £3.6M

So real profit £1.2M

What is your squad?
Foster/Jaku
So if we look at your real profit being 1.2M, and then we also look at how much extra since day one it would cost to buy this team now:

Foster (0.2), Jaku (0.1)
Valencia (0.1), Williams (0.0), McAuley (0.2), Amat (0.1), Kinglsey (0.1)
Hazard (0.3), Antonio (0.2), Barkley (0.2), Redmond (0.1), Capoue (0.3)
Ibrahimovic (0.4), Lukaku (0.2), Costa (0.4)

So your squad is now 2.9M more expensive to buy than it was at the start, so if we assume that prices now freeze, and you were to sell all of your players and switch to a completely different team, (over 15 weeks say), then switch back to buying this team again, (in a wildcard for instance), you are actually 2.9 - 1.2 = 1.7M down in money since the start of the season. Your purchasing power has decreased and you can buy less big hitters etc. than you could when preparing for GW1. This is mainly due to the high selling tax which is 50%+.

Your main recourse would be to keep most of these players, but if you do that, then your team is more static/restricted and most of your 'profit' is then unrealised because it is staying locked in your team and you can't do anything with it.

Also, if you decide you do want to sell some of these players permanently, (meaning that you get to finally realise some of that profit), then you have to factor in the price rise since the start of the season for any new players you wish to purchase, and you would have to subtract that price rise from your realised profit to see if you've actually made a gain there. Most of the time you probably haven't as the new player you will want in, will have likely risen in price too.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

MoSe wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
MoSe wrote:

My statements are factually correct :P
  • "the team with the much higher SV had a much lower ITB" factually correct
    "the Total Budget difference was just 0.3m (101.2 vs 100.9)" factually correct, and independent of ITB
I just realise I misread your post, thinking your were putting the emphasis on the big difference in Sale Value (97.6 v 94.9)
You actually said just higher, and that's correct,
it's only that "crude and misleading" sounded a bit harsh applied to a mere 0.3m difference in Total Budget

True, TV is a measure of the high end of the spectrum of your team worth, and it can be misleading if you don't read it correctly, but I've seen much worse, see my own case :wink:
I get ya :wink:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
ITB £6M

ITB £3.6M

So real profit £1.2M

What is your squad?
Foster/Jaku
So if we look at your real profit being 1.2M, and then we also look at how much extra since day one it would cost to buy this team now:

Foster (0.2), Jaku (0.1)

So your squad is now 2.9M more expensive to buy than it was at the start, so if we assume that prices now freeze, and you were to sell all of your players and switch to a completely different team, (over 15 weeks say), then switch back to buying this team again, (in a wildcard for instance), you are actually 2.9 - 1.2 = 1.7M down in money since the start of the season. Your purchasing power has decreased and you can buy less big hitters etc. than you could when preparing for GW1. This is mainly due to the high selling tax which is 50%+.

Your main recourse would be to keep most of these players, but if you do that, then your team is more static/restricted and most of your 'profit' is then unrealised because it is staying locked in your team and you can't do anything with it.

Also, if you decide you do want to sell some of these players permanently, (meaning that you get to finally realise some of that profit), then you have to factor in the price rise since the start of the season for any new players you wish to purchase, and you would have to subtract that price rise from your realised profit to see if you've actually made a gain there. Most of the time you probably haven't as the new player you will want in, will have likely risen in price too.
Indeed; can't see me doing that though :D

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
ITB £6M

ITB £3.6M

So real profit £1.2M

What is your squad?
Foster/Jaku

Foster (0.2), Jaku (0.1)

Indeed; can't see me doing that though :D
You don't need to sell ALL of your players though; as the reality is that even changing half of them say, (which over the season you will), and buying in others that have risen in price, means that you are still suffering from a loss of purchasing power compared to the start of the season.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

97.6 Squad
4.9 ITB

102.5. KDB owners must be doing well.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Squad 102 Mil
ITB 0.4 Mil

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

Squad 101.6 with 0.7 ITB. Don't like the fact you can't see the purchase prices this year (when you sell a player).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

jonhoggy wrote:Squad 101.6 with 0.7 ITB. Don't like the fact you can't see the purchase prices this year (when you sell a player).
Try pressing on"List view" above your team (as oppose to "Pitch view") on the transfers page.

Edit: Ah, this may have been added there by the "Better FPL" extension for chrome, which I highly recommend getting as it also adds the next 5 fixture strength below every player. If not, it's certainly there on my mobile without it.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

nope, you can see Purchase Price in List view, next to Current Price and Selling Price

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Squad £101.0M (Sale Value £99.2M)
ITB £2.2M
TV £103.2M (Sale&ITB value £101.4M)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

0 in the bank.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Squad 102.2 and falling
Bank 0.0

Not too worried about it as I think my team will do great pointwise for the next two weeks and then I'll wildcard.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Squad 102.0
Bank 0.4
Resell 100.6

Always challenging to increase the squad value.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Lucky wrote:Squad 102.0
Bank 0.4
Resell 100.6

I don't think it's that challenging. Just transfer in players that are scoring decent points and are popular, whilst selling players that don't score decent points.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Football Hero wrote:
Bank 0.4
Resell 100.6

I don't think it's that challenging. Just transfer in players that are scoring decent points and are popular, whilst selling players that don't score decent points.
May I borrow your crystal ball? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:Team Value :arrow: £101.1m

Sale Value :arrow: £99.7m

ITB :arrow: £1.0m
Team Value :arrow: £102.2m

Sale Value :arrow: £100.6m

ITB :arrow: £0.5m

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Lucky wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
Bank 0.4
Resell 100.6

May I borrow your crystal ball? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You need a crystal ball to see what players have scored well in the previous gameweek?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

102.3 but only 100.7 TV...

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Resonare wrote:102.3 but only 100.7 TV...
Do you mean squad 100.7, 1.6ITB, TV 102.3?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Resonare wrote:102.3 but only 100.7 TV...
Do you mean squad 100.7, 1.6ITB, TV 102.3?
Squad - 101.2
ITB - 1.1
Actual value (if I sold everyone) - 100.7

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”