To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Impending bans; Aguero, Lamela, Gray.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Impending bans; Aguero, Lamela, Gray.

Post by murf »

Mystery wrote:I don't believe it's an appeal. They are contesting a charge that has not yet been applied so there's no risk of an extra game as far as I know.
But that is how it works, you get charged and either accept it or appeal (with risk of 1 game if frivolous - although someone on here said it doesn't apply anymore??).

Pointless appealing IMO as the kangaroo court has over a 95% conviction rate. You get charged and you are, effectively, convicted and banned.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They may try to argue the Technicality that the ref had to have seen it, so Kun should not be charged?

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

blahblah wrote:They may try to argue the Technicality that the ref had to have seen it, so Kun should not be charged?
Which is calling the referee a liar. I doubt the FA would take too kindly to that.
More likely they could argue Reid's part in the incident, he does make contact himself, therefore Aguero is protecting himself, which what I said the moment I saw it.
Then again I cant imagine him being found innocent with the panel saying "look at what Reid is doing? why didn't we think of that?"

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
blahblah wrote:They may try to argue the Technicality that the ref had to have seen it, so Kun should not be charged?
Which is calling the referee a liar. I doubt the FA would take too kindly to that.
More likely they could argue Reid's part in the incident, he does make contact himself, therefore Aguero is protecting himself, which what I said the moment I saw it.
Then again I cant imagine him being found innocent with the panel saying "look at what Reid is doing? why didn't we think of that?"
The truth is that the ref has lied though, as there is video footage showing him looking at the incident.

He's lied to stitch Aguero and cover for his own mistake of not interpreting what he saw correctly; and I don't think that's right. Hopefully Aguero gets off the hook on this one, and then the FA should re-evaluate their rules on how they investigate these incidents in the future.

It would then be fitting for Aguero to score the winner against Man Utd.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Proves the absurdity of the whole 'if the referee didn't see it' concept. It's bound to persuade refs to claim they didn't see something just to correct their misjudgement. Violent conduct (if assessed by an independent expert panel) should lead to a ban (point period) in my opinion, this rule could really be simplified.

Huxley
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Huxley »

Football Hero wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:
The truth is that the ref has lied though, as there is video footage showing him looking at the incident.

He's lied to stitch Aguero and cover for his own mistake of not interpreting what he saw correctly; and I don't think that's right. Hopefully Aguero gets off the hook on this one, and then the FA should re-evaluate their rules on how they investigate these incidents in the future.

Trying to elbow someone in the face = deserves to score. Gotcha.

Fellaini must be due a shit load of goals.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Huxley wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:

Trying to elbow someone in the face = deserves to score. Gotcha.

Fellaini must be due a shit load of goals.
It's for the greater good of the game. If Aguero gets let off, hopefully the FA then change their rules and don't require the referee not to have seen the incident before they can act retrospectively.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Football Hero wrote:It's for the greater good of the game. If Aguero gets let off, hopefully the FA then change their rules and don't require the referee not to have seen the incident before they can act retrospectively.
They already have, it changed a few years ago. Players can now be retrospectively banned for violent conduct whether the referee saw the incident or not.
murf wrote:
Mystery wrote:I don't believe it's an appeal. They are contesting a charge that has not yet been applied so there's no risk of an extra game as far as I know.
But that is how it works, you get charged and either accept it or appeal (with risk of 1 game if frivolous - although someone on here said it doesn't apply anymore??).

Pointless appealing IMO as the kangaroo court has over a 95% conviction rate. You get charged and you are, effectively, convicted and banned.
The extra game ban for frivolous appeals apply when a club is appealing against a red card already issued during a match.

In this case Aguero hasn't been issued with a punishment yet, so there's nothing to appeal. At the moment, they're contesting the FA charge.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Tall Paul wrote:
Football Hero wrote:It's for the greater good of the game. If Aguero gets let off, hopefully the FA then change their rules and don't require the referee not to have seen the incident before they can act retrospectively.
They already have, it changed a few years ago. Players can now be retrospectively banned for violent conduct whether the referee saw the incident or not.
I read somewhere that the FA were waiting for the referee's report to see if Andre Marriner had seen the incident or not before deciding whether to take action against Aguero. Why were they waiting for the referees report if they don't need to see it in order to charge Aguero?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Football Hero wrote:I read somewhere that the FA were waiting for the referee's report to see if Andre Marriner had seen the incident or not before deciding whether to take action against Aguero. Why were they waiting for the referees report if they don't need to see it in order to charge Aguero?
I don't know, but the rules were changed as I said.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I understand this will be ruled on today so we should know soon one way or the other.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Tall Paul wrote:
Football Hero wrote:I read somewhere that the FA were waiting for the referee's report to see if Andre Marriner had seen the incident or not before deciding whether to take action against Aguero. Why were they waiting for the referees report if they don't need to see it in order to charge Aguero?
I don't know, but the rules were changed as I said.
Ah, in that case I can't see him getting off then.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

2 Match ban, SSN - who again said that officials didn't see it. Has that rule been changed back?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

OK, so Aguero banned is confirmed. How did Lamela get away with his though? Lucky. Man United are also lucky as well lol

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Is he allowed to appeal?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Paulista wrote:Is he allowed to appeal?
Already appealed the charge, why would he appeal the sentence.. He's gone, sell him.

CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Already appealed the charge, why would he appeal the sentence.. He's gone, sell him.
I think Kun will have SomeRemorse about his behaviour.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

What about Gray? When will we hear about him?
I can swallow up the -8 I've already made, but if he gets banned too I'll wildcard.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Geri wrote:What about Gray? When will we hear about him?
I can swallow up the -8 I've already made, but if he gets banned too I'll wildcard.
Gray has till Monday to appeal

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Curiosity

Kun 3 games ban
Sep 10 PL ManU
Sep 17 PL Bournemouth
Sep 21 LC Swansea

Should the LC match get postponed for any reason and not played that week (say, flood in Swansea, bomb alarm, ... ;) ), I figure he'll have to serve his remaining 3rd game ban on the next occurring match, that is Sep 24 PL, by coincidence again @swa
Correct?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Excellent conspiracy research 8-)

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

blahblah wrote:2 Match ban, SSN - who again said that officials didn't see it. Has that rule been changed back?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 23771.html
Mark Halsey throws in a theory.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

A ref can 'see' an incident without fully recognising what really happening hence giving dodgy penalties when a tackle is good. They 'see' the incident but it isn't quite what they thought.

Had the ref seen the incident properly in this instance then Aguero would have got a red card. Whether he saw it or not he obviously didn't see it properly.

In other words the rule is dumb....

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Aguero could be a cheeky differential for a few weeks by the time that he is back, as there is no way that he will get transfers back in at the same rate that he is having transfers out at the moment. He's gone from 54% to 46% in only a few days, and he will be marked in red for another 13 days.

He may only be owned by 20% - 25% of the game by the time he is available for selection again. ;-)

splimsplam
Red & Blue Braces

Post by splimsplam »

He still has his 3 game ban so misses two fpl games. Not sure whether I'm going to ship him out or not. I might just ride the storm.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
blahblah wrote:2 Match ban, SSN - who again said that officials didn't see it. Has that rule been changed back?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 23771.html
Mark Halsey throws in a theory.
So the link about this not being necessary must have been overturned?

I'm still struggling with how he didn't see a challenge for a ball 4-5 yards away from him, when his head appears to be facing it\them. There must be repercussions for him, and the semi-comedic "trip to Specsavers".

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Discussion about the nature of Gray's tweets has been moved to a dedicated thread in the Football Talk subforum. Please try to keep to the topic of FPL here.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Gray has requested a personal hearing to answer FA charges. No date has been set as yet.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

He's still available to play vs Hull, it's possible his personal hearing probably will be set after that particular fixture.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”