To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Iheanacho 6.9m

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Iheanacho 6.9m

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Scored this screamer for Nigeria the other day. Could be good City "coverage" at 6.9m until Aguero returns. It's not 100% certain he will start, Pep likes his false 9's, but I'm sure Pep will give him a shot after this great goal, he's always looked dangerous and impressive when he's had a chance. I'm eyeing him up for the Bournemouth fixture, but it might mean trading him out the following week when Aguero returns.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Iheanacho 6.9m

Post by cesc408 »

Not for me.

1 game being UTD away which looks tough especially with their tight defence (If all fit)
& I think there are better and safer options for 2 games

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I've never quite agreed with the 'coverage' argument.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

cesc408 wrote:Not for me.

1 game being UTD away which looks tough especially with their tight defence (If all fit)
If you have a set team and like differential punts, I think he's the man.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:

Nah not having it. I had Aguero Costa and Lukaku (brought in last week) before the suspension came along

I have gone for Ibra as the replacement. I would also rather go for Benteke or Kane as a 2 week replacement, and I'm sure a lot of people would pick the other 2 strikers I have over the MC back up striker.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

cesc408 wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

Nah not having it. I had Aguero Costa and Lukaku (brought in last week) before the suspension came along

I have gone for Ibra as the replacement. I would also rather go for Benteke or Kane as a 2 week replacement, and I'm sure a lot of people would pick the other 2 strikers I have over the MC back up striker.
I wasn't referring to you personally, more just the general public. He's 6.9m and has a high chance of scoring in at least 1 of his 2 matches. If people can afford to use their transfers on him or want to bank cash for Aguero, he's a good option and inform.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd think he's more likely to leave you with MaxRemorse...

The trouble is that as you say he's not even guaranteed to start, but he is virtually guaranteed to require a transfer out in two weeks. I wouldn't bring in a player than I knew I was going to transfer out in two weeks unless they had significant upside, which given the fixture list he doesn't really. If you have a wildcard ready to deploy in GW6/7 it wouldn't be an expensive mistake, but if you're using frees then it feels like asking for a -4. Even if using a wildcard, with all the spare cash you could gamble on practically any striker in the game.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Nolito to play false nine IMHO

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think Mav is spot on, Iheanacho has shown a lot of promise and could be upfront for a decent City team, but only two games and not even guaranteed to start makes it a non starter for me.

CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

Mav3rick wrote:MaxRemorse...
Didn't that used to be a Channel 4 TV show?

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

This is why trying to use "differentials" to get "coverage" inevitably results in a lower points total in the long run. I dont really think him being a differential or Man city coverage adds any benefits here.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

CigaretteSmokingMan wrote:
I don't know, but it sounds like a good show.... Max Remorse, the maverick detective with a chequered past...

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Mav3rick wrote:
CigaretteSmokingMan wrote:
I don't know, but it sounds like a good show.... Max Remorse, the maverick detective with a chequered past...
Could be thinking of Headroom?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Big talent but very unlikely to start.

I'd have insta-bought him as a 3rd striker if he went on loan though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I think Mav is spot on, Iheanacho has shown a lot of promise and could be upfront for a decent City team, but only two games and not even guaranteed to start makes it a non starter for me.
Two games are a non issue, he'd literary be an Aguero replacement. You'll get Aguero back in after 2 games anyway. I agree he's not guaranteed to start though, it could be Nolito or Silva as a false nine.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:I'd think he's more likely to leave you with MaxRemorse...

The trouble is that as you say he's not even guaranteed to start, but he is virtually guaranteed to require a transfer out in two weeks. I wouldn't bring in a player than I knew I was going to transfer out in two weeks unless they had significant upside, which given the fixture list he doesn't really. If you have a wildcard ready to deploy in GW6/7 it wouldn't be an expensive mistake, but if you're using frees then it feels like asking for a -4. Even if using a wildcard, with all the spare cash you could gamble on practically any striker in the game.
Trading him back might not be such an issue as a lot of people will be wanting to trade Aguero back in once his ban is finished. I'm not sure Pep will have the confidence to play a false 9 this early in the season in the EPL and will opt for a more physical genuine striker, which Iheanacho is through and through out.

He's giving all the signs of deserving a spot when Aguero is out, I'm pretty sure the kid is going to get on the score sheet as well. He's a nice wee punt thinking outside off the box as well. Just food for thought for people with set teams and the luxury of using a transfer or two in a 2 GW's time when Aguero is back.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

gallus wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:I think Mav is spot on, Iheanacho has shown a lot of promise and could be upfront for a decent City team, but only two games and not even guaranteed to start makes it a non starter for me.
Two games are a non issue, he'd literary be an Aguero replacement. You'll get Aguero back in after 2 games anyway. I agree he's not guaranteed to start though, it could be Nolito or Silva as a false nine.
It's that combined with not being a guaranteed starter, if he's your direct Agüero replacement you could have any striker you wanted. If Pep says he'll start then he's worth more serious consideration.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
gallus wrote:
It's that combined with not being a guaranteed starter, if he's your direct Agüero replacement you could have any striker you wanted. If Pep says he'll start then he's worth more serious consideration.
If he isn't a direct replacement then he makes no sense as a fpl pick. I'm not going with him anyway, because a) he's not nailed and b) he has the toughest fixture in the whole season this week.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I'd think he's more likely to leave you with MaxRemorse...

Trading him back might not be such an issue as a lot of people will be wanting to trade Aguero back in once his ban is finished. I'm not sure Pep will have the confidence to play a false 9 this early in the season in the EPL and will opt for a more physical genuine striker, which Iheanacho is through and through out.

He's giving all the signs of deserving a spot when Aguero is out, I'm pretty sure the kid is going to get on the score sheet as well. He's a nice wee punt thinking outside off the box as well. Just food for thought for people with set teams and the luxury of using a transfer or two in a 2 GW's time when Aguero is back.
Nobody ever really has the luxury of two transfers though, which is one reason why I wouldn't get him (unless I was planning to wildcard him out). If you get him in and then Costa, Lukaku or Ibrahimovic or whoever else you have gets injured then you've got two transfers to make, if Lukaku starts scoring well you might decide not to get Aguero yet, or you might decide that you want to ditch Ibrahimovic.

Fixing yourself into a set plan is usually a bad idea in this game since things can move so much in 3 weeks of football.

If you play the game by gut feel and you think he's worth a shot, or if you have draft team rules that prevent you picking the 3 obvious choices and don't fancy the likes of Kane or Defoe, then by all means take a risk, but I don't think it's a sensible move and it's one I personally would advise against if I saw it in an RMT situation.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote: Nobody ever really has the luxury of two transfers though, which is one reason why I wouldn't get him (unless I was planning to wildcard him out). If you get him in and then Costa, Lukaku or Ibrahimovic or whoever else you have gets injured then you've got two transfers to make, if Lukaku starts scoring well you might decide not to get Aguero yet, or you might decide that you want to ditch Ibrahimovic.

Fixing yourself into a set plan is usually a bad idea in this game since things can move so much in 3 weeks of football.

If you play the game by gut feel and you think he's worth a shot, or if you have draft team rules that prevent you picking the 3 obvious choices and don't fancy the likes of Kane or Defoe, then by all means take a risk, but I don't think it's a sensible move and it's one I personally would advise against if I saw it in an RMT situation.
Fair enough.

But I think he deserves more credit and consideration. I think he's around 95% nailed. He already has an assist to his name with only 19 minutes of football and he finished last season with 14 goals in all competitions and ended the season with the best goal to minutes played ratio than any player in the league.

His performance and goal for Nigeria puts him even more on the radar and he seems like the type of player to do well in the Manchester derby (big quick and strong, good finisher) and Bournemouth are defensively the weakest side in the EPL currently. So I think he's a good 2 week prospect as a 3rd striker and City "coverage".

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Fair enough.

But I think he deserves more credit and consideration. I think he's around 95% nailed. He already has an assist to his name with only 19 minutes of football and he finished last season with 14 goals in all competitions and ended the season with the best goal to minutes played ratio than any player in the league.

His performance and goal for Nigeria puts him even more on the radar and he seems like the type of player to do well in the Manchester derby (big quick and strong, good finisher) and Bournemouth are defensively the weakest side in the EPL currently. So I think he's a good 2 week prospect as a 3rd striker and City "coverage".
I don't think anyone is arguing his quality or potential returns, just the fact that if you put him in you definitely will have to take him out again in two weeks. Over two weeks there are other strikers at the price who would get the same returns so it's not worth it to pick him.

Of course this is where Icheanacho scores two hattricks in a row

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

LamebrainEddy wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:
Fair enough.

I don't think anyone is arguing his quality or potential returns, just the fact that if you put him in you definitely will have to take him out again in two weeks. Over two weeks there are other strikers at the price who would get the same returns so it's not worth it to pick him.

Of course this is where Icheanacho scores two hattricks in a row
But the point is, people already will be looking at trading Aguero back in after taking him out for those GW's.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well these next 2 games are paramount; if he gets a couple of goals over those two games, he's likely to start at Swansea with Aguero in some formation. He's a risk as he'll very likely need to be removed but I'm definitely not saying he's a bad move. We're all looking for the 'season keepers' to come out of the woodwork, especially in the striker department, perhaps Iheanacho is just a 3 week placeholder. I'm tempted by a potential lucrative gamble.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nolito starting up front. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nolito in my team as well.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Iheanacho 6.9m

Post by LamebrainEddy »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
But the point is, people already will be looking at trading Aguero back in after taking him out for those GW's.
And in getting a striker who you know will have to be taken out again you lack the flexibility to take out a different striker 2 weeks from now without an extra transfer.

So if you get him in, and lets say you have Costa as well, if Costa gets injured the week aguero is back you're left with having to take a hit to move two none players out of your squad.

This is an opportunity to take a punt on one of the other strikers for a few weeks, and could mean you shuffle your squad round in an optimal way rather than trying to get your squad back to the way it was. Thats my take on it anyway

Edit: should have read the thread fully, already been said
Last edited by LamebrainEddy on 05 Sep 2016, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Seriously: it is one thing to go for someone that you may hang on to so knda Daisy Chaining, but completely another to know you are spunking two transfers...

Better to go for random cheap bod, and of he scores then dump one of the other two forwards to get Kun back in, imho.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

WHU actually showed how to crowd Aguero's space quite effectively and Pep could look to drop him a slightly deeper in the future with Iheanacho upfront. WHU played 3 at the back and completely marked Aguero out off the game. With less injuries and better holding midfield, they would have been able to stifle City's earlier onslaught from the midfield and flanks.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

As I thought. This lad is a great player a great differential pick while Aguero is out. Thankfully went with my gut.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Subbed on 53 mins, tactical.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Stemania wrote:Subbed on 53 mins, tactical.
Goal and an assist + will likely score vs Bournemouth. His stats for goals per minute are no joke. He's better than Rashford, just not English, so doesn't get the same headlines. As I mentioned earlier, he might retain his starting spot once Aguero returns, if Pep wants to drop Aguero slightly deeper and have Nacho marking the back 2,

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”