To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tottenham Midfield

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will return the most points over the season?

Lamela
4%
Eriksen
31%
Alli
29%
Sissoko
No votes
Son
24%
Dier
2%
Wanyama
2%
Dembele
2%
Nkoudo
4%

Total votes: 45

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Best midfielder in Tottenham ?

Post by Football Hero »

Is this thread referring to the best midfielder playing for Tottenham or the best midfielder living in Tottenham, as I've heard that Alexis Sanchez lives in a flat in Tottenham, so therefore my answer would be him? Then again, you could argue he's not technically a 'midfielder' in the general sense, as he has played most of his career as a forward/striker, and so maybe he doesn't truly count off the back of FPL miss-classifying him alone.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Curiously, a similar recent thread (including a poll) veered off-topic before getting very far. Maybe there's a jinx?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=122612&p=2943068#p2943068

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So when everyone is fit, what is Spurs strongest midfield?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Tottenham Midfield

Post by Stemania »

Thread merged with existing one. I've also reset the poll (as it's probably out of date/of little use now). Previous results where as follows:
Lamela 24 40%
Eriksen 26 43%
Alli 8 13%
Sissoko 0 No votes
Son 0 No votes
Dier 0 No votes
Wanyama 0 No votes
Dembele 1 2%
Nkoudo 1 2%

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Good work as usual, thanks. :)

Things have changed a bit in recent weeks - Son scored twice last weekend and worked incredibly hard this weekend, Alli has looked sharper recently, meanwhile this weekend both Lamela and Eriksen were benched! :shock:

Personally I'd steer clear for the time being. Alli is expensive, and it's hard to know which of the others will get the most game time. For that reason, despite all this waffle, I've not actually voted in the new poll - perhaps we can reissue the poll again in 3/4 weeks... :lol:

Stevieste31
Treebeard
FS Record: Played sundreamteam since it started and fantasy premiership

Post by Stevieste31 »

Has to be Alli for me, his season will start from now, after he signed a new contract and put his summer woes behind him.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

I'm struggling to understand why we paid megabucks for Sissoko. Is he better than Chadli?...or Townsend?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Tottenham Midfield

Post by Stemania »

Brightwater wrote:I'm struggling to understand why we paid megabucks for Sissoko. Is he better than Chadli?...or Townsend?
Sorry to say it but he's not great. We (Newcastle fans) are basically astonished we got 30m. He is a real powerhouse and sometimes looks the business because of that, but his close control is very very poor, his crossing is incredibly sporadic, but worst is his decision making. He's also a diabolical finisher and not a great passer either. But he is powerfull. And fairly nippy when he gets going. Really not a player suited for your system at all imo. :shock:

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Son has looked very good in the short space of time he's been on the pitch imo. Could also be used up top now Kane is injured, definitely on my watch list

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

More chances for everyone now, especially Jenssen... Kane out for 2 months with ankle ligament damage.
Maybe some redemption for Eriksen owners...
Alli as a false 9...

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Stemania wrote:
Brightwater wrote:I'm struggling to understand why we paid megabucks for Sissoko. Is he better than Chadli?...or Townsend?
Sorry to say it but he's not great. We (Newcastle fans) are basically astonished we got 30m. He is a real powerhouse and sometimes looks the business because of that, but his close control is very very poor, his crossing is incredibly sporadic, but worst is his decision making. He's also a diabolical finisher and not a great passer either. But he is powerfull. And fairly nippy when he gets going. Really not a player suited for your system at all imo. :shock:
Attitude/work rate when it isn't going well worth a mention too. Spurs fans will learn all of the above and quickly.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ironfist wrote:More chances for everyone now, especially Jenssen... Kane out for 2 months with ankle ligament damage.
Maybe some redemption for Eriksen owners...
Alli as a false 9...
Personally I see Janssen as fairly secure in that position for the next 2 months now. He'sgot a mean penalty record (scored 12/12 career) so is a good bet to take over pens. I'm not hugely interested in a Spurs midfielder right now, but should he fit in well I may be tempted by a 7.8m Spurs lone striker from GW8. It's a bit of a wait and see for from me I rekon, with the Man City game in GW7 giving a good excuse to sit back and survey. :D

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Now planning on punting Janssen for this WC.

Don't think spurs have anybody else to replace Kane (Maybe Son?) But I think he will be given a chance upfront and could be a steal

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Jansenn will play number 9 until Kane is fit and what an option. If he's on penalties as well it's a no brainer.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is the two months confirmed? It looked like speculation from what I read this morning, something between a couple of weeks and several months...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:Is the two months confirmed? It looked like speculation from what I read this morning, something between a couple of weeks and several months...
Not officially confirmed but the 8 weeks to 2 months line has been reeled out by just about every paper/blog. That would I believe make it GW12 (after the IB) as an estimate.

So if correct and we were to wait a couple of weeks to see (and avoid MCI) we'd really be down to only 4 weeks in our teams as an estimate. Not that great tbh. :?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

The Toon Man wrote:[Sissoko's} Attitude/work rate when it isn't going well worth a mention too. Spurs fans will learn all of the above and quickly.
I can't see Pochettino being as indulgent of that kind of attitude as his previous managers have been. If his attitude is bad, he'll find himself very quickly benched. It's not like they're short of options in midfield.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

i think son may get some time up front..didn't he play some mins at striker with bayer levekusen

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:[Sissoko's} Attitude/work rate when it isn't going well worth a mention too. Spurs fans will learn all of the above and quickly.
I can't see Pochettino being as indulgent of that kind of attitude as his previous managers have been. If his attitude is bad, he'll find himself very quickly benched. It's not like they're short of options in midfield.
Benitez got the best out of him at the back end of last season. However, he made him captain and gave him a number 10 role. Poch won't be giving him such luxuries and it won't take long to see the dummy get spat out :)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Go on my Son!?!

Son played in the striker role at the weekend, with Jansen dropping out. Alli, Lamela & Eriksen in the three attacking mid slots. If Kane is a shoo-in to resume the striker role, does Son drop back to bench, or into an attacking mid role, with Lamela the most likely drop out?

Or... Does Spurs' meatier squad this year mean the whole midfield will be prone to rotation, and they're best avoided? I'm considering Antonio > Son for this week, but only if his gametime looks secure

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Well, not so long ago it was called the Tottenham Minefield on here :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”