To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mkhitaryan?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Mkhitaryan?

Post by Weisenwolf »

Why have United paid over £26M for Mikki to play 3rd string to Lingard & Mata :?

I appreciate that he needs to 'settle in' but he played all pre-season, he's 27 years old and won the German player of the year award last season with Dortmund; he's hardly a rookie :roll:

And despite being about to drop to £9.2M (which is enticing for a player with 23 goals and 15 assists in 51 in the Bundersligua) why would you bring him in at all, whatever the price?

Even if he did start he appears to be part of a 3 man rotation risk so you can't even bank on 2 points :?

I cannot fathom why successive boards allow 'special needs' to spend millions on bench warmers.

Anyone who can explain this to me?

Please?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Mkhitaryan?

Post by Football Hero »

It's a bit early days so far, as he's only been benched for a few games. Also United haven't messed up yet, they have three wins out of three, meaning it's more acceptable that he can't get in the team right now.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:It's a bit early days so far, as he's only been benched for a few games. Also United haven't messed up yet, they have three wins out of three, meaning it's more acceptable that he can't get in the team right now.
This is true but it doesn't really answer the question

Thanks anyway though

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:It's a bit early days so far, as he's only been benched for a few games. Also United haven't messed up yet, they have three wins out of three, meaning it's more acceptable that he can't get in the team right now.
This is true but it doesn't really answer the question

Thanks anyway though
Sorry, what was the question as I want to answer it? :-)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Righto

Why pay that sort of money for a seasoned established high quality player, give him a full pre-season to find his feet and then play Lingard & Mata instead?

He is surely not there just in case Lingard & Mata need a breather.

It just doesn't make sense....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apparently he is not a happy bunny.

In a hotel, first in for training and last to leave.... apparently family arriving soon (but I don't know when).

All that is from here, so no, I don't know why there is a delay, but obviously Manchester houe prices do not compare to his fee and wages.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:Righto

Why pay that sort of money for a seasoned established high quality player, give him a full pre-season to find his feet and then play Lingard & Mata instead?

Why pay £60M for Di Maria, and then part ways after a season? It's United and they are flush with cash. They can afford Micky to make no impact this season at all and they will still be up there challenging, (as their other signings Mourinho, Pogba and Ibrahimovic are more than enough just on their own).

He is not there as cover for Lingard and Mata, (it's more the other way round); Micky will definitely start some league games soon, but I don't think United/Mourinho are too worried if Micky doesn't work out.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Righto

Why pay £60M for Di Maria, and then part ways after a season? It's United and they are flush with cash. They can afford Micky to make no impact this season at all and they will still be up there challenging, (as their other signings Mourinho, Pogba and Ibrahimovic are more than enough just on their own).

He is not there as cover for Lingard and Mata, (it's more the other way round); Micky will definitely start some league games soon, but I don't think United/Mourinho are too worried if Micky doesn't work out.
He won't live in Manchester he'll live in Cheshire like everyone else does and I doubt he will be in a bed sit :lol:

It's not an endearing trait for that once proud team, buying players they don't really need and care not a jot for, but big bucks ownership with HoseB at the helm, what did I expect? bit of a shame but there we go....

Never thought I would miss Slur Anthrax but there you go; never say never

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

They could be showcasing Mata. Plus Lingard had a good preseason, if I remenber right. But I expect Mkhitaryan will become a regular starter sooner rather than later. Perhaps he just needs a little time to fit in, I believe it took sometime before he fit in at Dortmund.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

He signed for Utd a week after Mourinho...

Did Mourinho actually request they get him in, or was it all arranged by Woodward etc before Jose signed on?

Given their history, I'm surprised to see Mata starting games before Henrik unless he's a player that he never wanted/asked for...

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Hull's defence will be destroyed by Henrik Mkhitarian ;)

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Bit dull to not see him play, he was one of the most exiting transfers and FPL prospects. Had him in my drafts for a long while until it was evident he's a rotation risk. But it's not like this is the first time stuff like this happens with the Manchester clubs in particular. His price drops mean he just might be a good choice at some point, but I think he'll be rotated too much regardless.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Roope wrote:Bit dull to not see him play, he was one of the most exiting transfers and FPL prospects. Had him in my drafts for a long while until it was evident he's a rotation risk. But it's not like this is the first time stuff like this happens with the Manchester clubs in particular. His price drops mean he just might be a good choice at some point, but I think he'll be rotated too much regardless.
This is pretty much my perspective; be nice if he was 'in the game' so to speak

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

He will become a starter, its only a matter of time.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Mata was £37million

£26 million is not mega money in todays world is it?

Top clubs are riddled with expensive bench fodder

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

carver wrote:Mata was £37million

Thats the thing, they'd rather buy them, pay them ridiculous wages and ot play them than have them performing well for one of the competition...

Seems an issue at the Manchester clubs in particular, looks like Schweinsteiger's going to pull a Bogarde/Malouda and just take the massive wages for the rest of his contract, City could be stuck with Hart, Nasri & Yaya doing similar.

Strange for Utd to be ok with this, being a publicly listed company and all that, I wouldve expected their shareholders to want these huge amounts of money put to better use (or put towards dividends etc)

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

He is gonna be great once he settles in. Perfect for a WC if you can hold it a bit

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

Its been 3 games. Jesus Christ.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Carlb5253 wrote:Its been 3 games. Jesus Christ.
Best comment so far.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mourinho tactics. Piss a player off by not playing him so when he plays he plays his ass off, he's a card up Uniteds sleeve, they haven't needed him yet.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

i can feel this will be his week. My senses are tingling.

doube-digit score and double price-rise inbound. get on board!! :lol: 8-)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's only 13,000 NTI from dropping again :?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

carver wrote:Mata was £37million

It's obviously not mega money but Fernandinho was £34M and he's the 10th most expensive EPL transfer of all time so £26M isn't loose change either. I haven't checked but I bet Mikki is in the top 20 of all time.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

he was brilliant yesterday when he came on, interesting that he played as the 10 with Rooney on the left.

don't think he will be held back much longer, if it was any other fixture than the Manchester derby I would say he's guaranteed to start the next game.

CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

Gambit wrote:he was brilliant yesterday when he came on, interesting that he played as the 10 with Rooney on the left. don't think he will be held back much longer, if it was any other fixture than the Manchester derby I would say he's guaranteed to start the next game.
He may start ahead of Martial who seems to be out of form.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Typically he becomes a potential prospect just as the Arsenal midfield does the same thing.....

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Getting all excited after having him in my pre-season team and ditching...and then comes off against Czech Republic with an injury.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

haven't they said it was precautionary, nothing too serious?

but anyway, international football, what a pain it is, just back into the swing of things with the PL returning and the fantasy football, and then we have to stop for two weeks for these dreadful international games.

and if memory serves, this first break is always a nuisance for injuries as players are not fully match fit, it's why I always resist early changes, even if it means missing a price rise, be a few more before next weekend :(

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Yeah, Sky says knee, FPL says rib, so who knows. Doesn't help when he's been used sparingly already. And yeah, annoyed I brought in Sanchez as I'll probably need to wildcard to sort out things after the break.

CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”