To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Emphasis on maximising value

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Emphasis on maximising value

Post by Rich2086 »

How much emphasis do you put on value early in the season?

Personally i dont mind taking the odd -4 here or there so i dont lose 0.1 but wont go chasing 0.2 unless its a player i really want. However this season I think it will be as important as ever especially if Ibra keeps his form, anyone wanting to get both Ibra and Aguero in now would probably have to pay a quarter of their original 100m budget by the end of the week once they rise. I doubt there are many that started the season without either but thats a huge amount on 2 players.

I think come the 2nd half of the season the more money you have or at least the less you bought the top players for now will really pay dividends even more than previous seasons.

Anyone else think the same or isnt value/money a concern for you just yet?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Re: Emphasis on maximising value

Post by Weisenwolf »

For me it's about avoiding a value drop first and foremost but part of the way to do that is to buy players who are gaining value so should they drop at some point in the future you can absorb the first .1M which is of course only otherwise of use in making the player more expensive to opponents rather than in profit.

Last season, by Christmas I was close to a team value of £110M which in a season like this one would be very useful.

This season I have Negrado & Coutinho who are up .2M and nine players who are up .1 those that haven't are in defence where I have (as usual!) not picked well.

A few such as Ibra may go up again this week and if I have to take a hit to prevent a loss I will but I'm far less likely to take a hit for a rise.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”