To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW3 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
digibee
Kevin and Perry

Re: GW3 Transfers

Post by digibee »

Joined the band...

Vardy -> Ibra
Azpi -> McAuley

Go...go....go.....

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

DAREEL wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: I've never been one to just chase team value for team value sake and when I see good reason to take a drop I will do so. I'll be watching for the toxic asset effect on Firmino but I do like him as a long term pick so as long as he doesn't get injured i think I'm happy to stick for now.
Surely you must draw some line. How many drops are you going to stand? He already dropped once last night.
And when he explodes, which he will, he will get the .1 and more back in no time. We 2 games in
Yes, but as we are waiting for it, other players are exploding and increasing value at the very moment. It might be that Firmino explodes when he has dropped 0.3m and other viable picks have increased 0.5m. I wouldn't take drops this early.

What do you think about this, Mav3rick?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Firmino has only dropped 0.1, and he's not going to drop again before the weekend. If he bags a goal this weekend he'll make back his value. If he doesn't bag a goal, I'll jump on the next riser.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:Firmino has only dropped 0.1, and he's not going to drop again before the weekend. If he bags a goal this weekend he'll make back his value. If he doesn't bag a goal, I'll jump on the next riser.
Yes, there is no point anymore to transfer him out before the next deadline, that should have been done yesterday.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Vardy :arrow: Ibra
Mahrez :arrow: Barkley

Leicester will win 5-0 this weekend :lol:

ejen0
Cheetah

Post by ejen0 »

Want to get in Ibrahimovic, but Im gonna need to get rid of either Coutinho or Hazard. Any thoughts?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

ejen0 wrote:Want to get in Ibrahimovic, but Im gonna need to get rid of either Coutinho or Hazard. Any thoughts?
Ibra is going to be far more consistent than Coutinho this season, that's for sure. He's also on pens with a stacked and likely consistent midfield, that United team is screaming goals and with a world class striker like Ibra at the tip of things, you better hurry up and get him before you regret it.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I got 2 transfers... Should I transfer out Gray this week? Got 0.0 ITB , so theres not many options.

DragonSwag
Treebeard

Post by DragonSwag »

Making a transfer just cause you can isnt too smart

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

payetme wrote:I got 2 transfers... Should I transfer out Gray this week? Got 0.0 ITB , so theres not many options.
No he has scored 10 goals in his last 8 games. Why would u want to get rid. ? He will get a fine and doubt very much he will be banned for something he did 4 years ago.

He might have an hard game this week but still worth keeping in my opinion.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

After Friend's injury, I will transfer him out for another 4.5 starter. Looking in Arsenal's fixtures, I think Holding can be gold at that price - however, there is competition between him and Chambers... who do you think, is more likely to start vs Watford?

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Really hoping I can stick this week and roll 2 FTs into the international break. Only problem is I'm not prepared to take another drop on Vardy so if he looks like he might drop - reckon he could get close this evening - then my hand will be forced.

Quite like the idea of Vardy :arrow: Benteke.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

mr.stanishev wrote:After Friend's injury, I will transfer him out for another 4.5 starter. Looking in Arsenal's fixtures, I think Holding can be gold at that price - however, there is competition between him and Chambers... who do you think, is more likely to start vs Watford?
Is Friend actually injured? I know he went off in the ELC game, but I've not seen any news.

Unrelated, but this was posted on Reddit - Coutinho a doubt with a potential hamstring injury.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

mr.stanishev wrote:After Friend's injury, I will transfer him out for another 4.5 starter. Looking in Arsenal's fixtures, I think Holding can be gold at that price - however, there is competition between him and Chambers... who do you think, is more likely to start vs Watford?
Holding. He's said today that Chambers can go out on loan.

man3
Wideboy

Post by man3 »

Who is likely to start for CP, Hennessey or Mandanda?

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

fantasyfaz wrote:
In this case, why is there still no love for Holding - he is 4.5, regular starting at least in the next month, playing for a team with high CS potential and amazing fixtures? Do I miss something?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
ejen0 wrote:Want to get in Ibrahimovic, but Im gonna need to get rid of either Coutinho or Hazard. Any thoughts?
Ibra is going to be far more consistent than Coutinho this season, that's for sure. He's also on pens with a stacked and likely consistent midfield, that United team is screaming goals and with a world class striker like Ibra at the tip of things, you better hurry up and get him before you regret it.
Coutinho injury doubt now too.

flaviooooo
Wideboy

Post by flaviooooo »

mr.stanishev wrote:
fantasyfaz wrote:
In this case, why is there still no love for Holding - he is 4.5, regular starting at least in the next month, playing for a team with high CS potential and amazing fixtures? Do I miss something?
Aren't they close to signing another centre back (Mustafi?), which would sent Holding to the bench again?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Is Holgate going to have a spot since Williams has arrived? Or does Funes Mori lose his spot to Williams?

Mo132
Kevin and Perry

Post by Mo132 »

Foster- Jakupovic
Valencia - Stones - Souare - Friend - Amat
Alexis - Hazard - Ramirez - Redmond - Capoue
Aguero - Ibra - Gray

What would you guys do with this team? 2 FT's. Think I will give Alexis some time with Arsenal's fixtures improving and him moving back to his original position soon.

Considering Souare out for Holgate or doubling up with Evans. Any suggestions?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mo132 wrote:Foster- Jakupovic
Aguero - Ibra - Gray

What would you guys do with this team? 2 FT's. Think I will give Alexis some time with Arsenal's fixtures improving and him moving back to his original position soon.

I would suggest downgrading SAnchez to Ozil and getting Barkley inplace of one of your shitters.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

And a £17M striker; here we go again :roll:

Mo132
Kevin and Perry

Post by Mo132 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Aguero - Ibra - Gray

I would suggest downgrading SAnchez to Ozil and getting Barkley inplace of one of your shitters.
Actually hadn't thought of that, good suggestion. Will give it one more week for Ozil to get fully up to speed and for Barkley to prove himself further, but something to consider for GW4 for sure.

Who are the best 4.5 defenders for the short/medium term?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mo132 wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:
Aguero - Ibra - Gray

Actually hadn't thought of that, good suggestion. Will give it one more week for Ozil to get fully up to speed and for Barkley to prove himself further, but something to consider for GW4 for sure.

Who are the best 4.5 defenders for the short/medium term?

Trying to work that out myself (4.5m def). My shortlist so far is; Souare, Friend, Mee, Holgate.

Ideally I would like Holgate inplace of Williams, because of Evertons fixtures, but I'm not sure how nailed he is. He seems like he's going to get last 20 minute injections with the possibility of Kone coming and the arrival of Williams.

Does anyone have any reliable information on this?

Edit; Also Colemans return from injury pretty much is his funeral.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 26 Aug 2016, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mo132
Kevin and Perry

Post by Mo132 »

I'm not reliable re:Everton, but from what I read the bigger problem will be Coleman returning. Holgate has played as a third CB in a 5-3-2 and as a RB with 4 at the back. With Williams and Kone coming in, I don't see how he can displace two out of Kone Williams Jagielka Funes Mori to play as one of the 3 CB's and he obviously won't displace Coleman at RWB or RB. So I think he will play on the right this GW and then back to the bench once Coleman returns after international break
Last edited by Mo132 on 26 Aug 2016, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

man3 wrote:Who is likely to start for CP, Hennessey or Mandanda?
Henessey has 180mins out of 180mins. Mandanda has 0 mins out of 180mins

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mo132 wrote:I'm not reliable re:Everton, but from what I read the bigger problem will be Coleman returning. Holgate has played as a third CB in a 5-3-2 and as a RB with 4 at the back. With Williams and Kone coming in, I don't see how he can displace two out of Kone Williams Jagielka Funes Mori to play as one of the 3 CB's and he obviously won't displace Coleman at RWB or RB. So I think he will play on the right this GW and then back to the bench once Coleman returns after international break
Moyes has turned the offer for Kone down and says he's not going anywhere. Could be a price boosting ploy of course...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Mo132 wrote:I'm not reliable re:Everton, but from what I read the bigger problem will be Coleman returning. Holgate has played as a third CB in a 5-3-2 and as a RB with 4 at the back. With Williams and Kone coming in, I don't see how he can displace two out of Kone Williams Jagielka Funes Mori to play as one of the 3 CB's and he obviously won't displace Coleman at RWB or RB. So I think he will play on the right this GW and then back to the bench once Coleman returns after international break
Moyes has turned the offer for Kone down and says he's not going anywhere. Could be a price boosting ploy of course...
Maybe not, after the Middlesborough game, I think Sunderland are shitting themselves again and can't afford to lose him

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Maybe not, after the Middlesborough game, I think Sunderland are shitting themselves again and can't afford to lose him
Moyes has made noises about lack of quality so he won't want him to go particularly as he's no time now to replace him.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead

Post by fantasyfaz »

mr.stanishev wrote:
fantasyfaz wrote:
Wenger was moaning that the press where not reporting how good Holding was v LC and that if he was 55 million they would be but because he was cheap nothing said. Sounds like he will play next few games anyway.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”