To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW3 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Re: GW3 Transfers

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote: I'm on my second bottle of wine so I may be well off here but from my seat they are both nailed on and they are the 11th & 12th highest scoring midfielders in the game; hardly bench fodder. They both may rise in value this week and they are cheaper to boot. Everton and Spurs are also better teams than Bournemouth and Everton in particular have excellent fixtures.
You're not wrong in your facts, but I don't think you can really advocate that as a sensible strategy for an FPL team.

There's no way I'd want Wanayama starting in my first XI, and without checking I don't even know if Barry is a consistent starter for Everton.

Price changes correlate to earned points, but don't necessarily indicate quality. There are a large number of underlying stats to look at before an FPL manager should be considering Barry as a 4th midfield pick.

I've not done this yet, but I would highly recommend going to FFS, StatsZone or whoscored and checking the figures on players like Ramirez, Snodgrass or King before making any conclusions.

Appreciate that you're probably focussed on TV, but that will follow if you can predict the points.
I suggested them off the cuff as a better option than King, I'm not interested in any of them as I have a 4.5M bench warmer in midfield (currently Capoue) and 6, 7.5, 8 & 10 on the pitch. If I were looking for a 5-5.5M midfielder to play I would have to look into who was the best prospect (If indeed there is one) but I'm not so I haven't.

And yes I do have an eye towards TV for the first few weeks but not at any cost, I don't have anyone in my team who is there for no purpose than to increase in price and to hell with points, that would be madness.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Notned wrote:
Foxx wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Why Pogba?
Nailed starter, licence to attack, ManUtd look doing well.
'Casual' written all over it. That said, I've made my transfer for the week;

Firmino :arrow: Pogba :wink:

At least there's two of us on the train, Foxx!
Make that 2.5 :wink: (not ready to bring him but open to the possibility he could end up becoming a template player)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Razorback wrote:
Notned wrote:
Foxx wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Why Pogba?
Nailed starter, licence to attack, ManUtd look doing well.
'Casual' written all over it. That said, I've made my transfer for the week;

Firmino :arrow: Pogba :wink:

At least there's two of us on the train, Foxx!
Make that 2.5 :wink: (not ready to bring him but open to the possibility he could end up becoming a template player)
Him or Mikki maybe?

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

sjaugen wrote:Check if Benteke gets minutes vs Blackpool in the cup tonight. If he doesn't, I'd hold that transfer
Played 45, allegedly very well. Could start on Saturday but Wickham scoring might give AP a reason to give him another start and put Benteke on as an impact sub.

Mandanda, Cabaye and McArthur all started too. Townsend also very close to getting on the scoresheet, for those (like me) who gambled on him.

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

Palace great for crosses, and Benteke great for finishing those.
Have to fix my no Ibra problem myself though

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

sjaugen wrote:Palace great for crosses, and Benteke great for finishing those.
Have to fix my no Ibra problem myself though
The full template has yet to emerge but Aggy & Ibra are the pointy end at presnt and it's best to be on them quick as you can.

giffgaff
Wideboy

Post by giffgaff »

Paredes potential drop before GW3 is making me consider taking a 4pt hit. (Morgan and Grabban also predicted to drop <2days but hopeful they will hold on to the deadline).

I have 1m ITB so could bring in Stones or Williams alongside Shaw/Walker/Morgan/Evans. Alternatively could go Paredes :arrow: Amat who is set to rise tonight but has a nasty run of fixtures plus I don't know if he'll continue to be first choice?

Avoid the 4pt hit and absorb the price falls if they come VS keep £1M in the bank and board the Amat bandwagon VS back Stones (WHam) or Williams (Stoke) to get a CS

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

giffgaff wrote:Paredes potential drop before GW3 is making me consider taking a 4pt hit. (Morgan and Grabban also predicted to drop <2days but hopeful they will hold on to the deadline).

I have 1m ITB so could bring in Stones or Williams alongside Shaw/Walker/Morgan/Evans. Alternatively could go Paredes :arrow: Amat who is set to rise tonight but has a nasty run of fixtures plus I don't know if he'll continue to be first choice?

Avoid the 4pt hit and absorb the price falls if they come VS keep £1M in the bank and board the Amat bandwagon VS back Stones (WHam) or Williams (Stoke) to get a CS
This would be easier to help with if the forum could see who is on the bench and who is playing. Could I suggest you post your team (Not RMT format) so the issues are clear :)

giffgaff
Wideboy

Post by giffgaff »

Weisenwolf wrote:This would be easier to help with if the forum could see who is on the bench and who is playing. Could I suggest you post your team (Not RMT format) so the issues are clear :)
Valdes Jakupovic
Shaw Morgan Walker Evans Paredes
Hazard Bolaise Lamela Martial Capue
Ibra Aguero Grabban

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

giffgaff wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:This would be easier to help with if the forum could see who is on the bench and who is playing. Could I suggest you post your team (Not RMT format) so the issues are clear :)
Valdes Jakupovic
Shaw Morgan Walker Evans Paredes
Hazard Bolaise Lamela Martial Capue
Ibra Aguero Grabban
Keepers: no immediate emergencies
Defenders: parades isn't playing and i expect you dont play him either, but he is miles away from a price drop so don't panic, when you have an FT quietly shuffle him out.
Mid: no emergencies there; Capoue had a knock but that's all it is.
Forwards: Grabban is a poor player bit I assume he's a bench warmer does it matter?

I imagine you are playing 4-4-2 so i can't see where you have a problem.

If you can do Parades for Amat without a hit or you are happy to take the hit or if you can ditch Grabban without a hit then do so but not otherwise.

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

Martial to Tadic, upgrade Grabban to Rondon or Benteke

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Done Payet to Bolasie and Barrow to Lukaku. Can't overlook Evertons run of games and both seemed to have chances last night and at weekend so not waiting to jump on board after the points hall I want to get on the boat now before it. You heard it here first.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Appreciate that you're probably focussed on TV, but that will follow if you can predict the points.
I love team value, it's now 100.9m and I have a very sharp team for the following gameweek(s).

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

fantasyfaz wrote:Done Payet to Bolasie and Barrow to Lukaku. Can't overlook Evertons run of games and both seemed to have chances last night and at weekend so not waiting to jump on board after the points hall I want to get on the boat now before it. You heard it here first.
Having similar thoughts and have got lukaku in for Vardy. Those fixtures are too good to ignore. I know Lukaku is short of form and looking a bit rusty but I fancy Everton to be a decent outfit this season and He'll surely be in the goals soon.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

fantasyfaz wrote:Done Payet to Bolasie and Barrow to Lukaku. Can't overlook Evertons run of games and both seemed to have chances last night and at weekend so not waiting to jump on board after the points hall I want to get on the boat now before it. You heard it here first.
I probably need to make a call on Firmino today. If I sell, it's likely to be someone in the 6.5 range, and I'm quite tempted by a punt on Bolasie. Did you see the game/highlights of Everton's cup run-out? Mirallas not starting put me off him and if Barkley and Bolasie are going to be playing on the flanks, then I wonder if pens and some set pieces is enough for the extra ~1.5.

What made you pick Bolasie?

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Mav3rick wrote:
I probably need to make a call on Firmino today. If I sell, it's likely to be someone in the 6.5 range, and I'm quite tempted by a punt on Bolasie. Did you see the game/highlights of Everton's cup run-out? Mirallas not starting put me off him and if Barkley and Bolasie are going to be playing on the flanks, then I wonder if pens and some set pieces is enough for the extra ~1.5.

Did Firmino to Bolasie also.

By all means I was restricted in budget so couldn't afford Barkley. But remains to be seen if he's worth £1.7m more than Bolasie

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Cornish Gooner wrote: Having similar thoughts and have got lukaku in for Vardy. Those fixtures are too good to ignore. I know Lukaku is short of form and looking a bit rusty but I fancy Everton to be a decent outfit this season and He'll surely be in the goals soon.
That's probably going to be my move next week, circumstances permitting. I fancy Vardy to at least match Lukaku this weekend.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Mav3rick wrote:

I just watched match of the day and kept my eye on the commentary live and noticed it said chance Bolasie a few times so he's going to get points. My only concern is his fitness at moment but he looked good coming on and he played at attacking role when he has played.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

fantasyfaz wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

I just watched match of the day and kept my eye on the commentary live and noticed it said chance Bolasie a few times so he's going to get points. My only concern is his fitness at moment but he looked good coming on and he played at attacking role when he has played.
Thanks. I think I'm going to accept the drop on Firmino. The main reason is that I think I have two other players (Oscar and Gray) who are likely to need sorting next week.

Apart from the price drop, I'm happy with how Firmino has been performing, it's a shame the points haven't come his way, but when my alternate is Bolasie, it could easily be a frying pan/fire situation.

If I was sure that Oscar would start in GW3 I'd probably use the free I have left, but I'm not so the drop is acceptable, especially as Benteke has also dropped 0.1 and is my likely Gray replacement.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Thanks. I think I'm going to accept the drop on Firmino. The main reason is that I think I have two other players (Oscar and Gray) who are likely to need sorting next week.

Apart from the price drop, I'm happy with how Firmino has been performing, it's a shame the points haven't come his way, but when my alternate is Bolasie, it could easily be a frying pan/fire situation.

If I was sure that Oscar would start in GW3 I'd probably use the free I have left, but I'm not so the drop is acceptable, especially as Benteke has also dropped 0.1 and is my likely Gray replacement.
Why do you want to transfer Firmino for exactly 6.5m midfielder? Just bring in the best possible midfielder you can have?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: Thanks. I think I'm going to accept the drop on Firmino. The main reason is that I think I have two other players (Oscar and Gray) who are likely to need sorting next week.

I'm so glad I went Costa instead of Oscar, where the Oscar vs Hazrd was costing me brain cells so I took the easy option in Costa.

And I'm glad Fimino wasn't on my radar. I can see both sides of the hold and wait for the inevitable points to arrive and sell the useless bstrd before he sends my Squad Value through the floor.

And kerr-ching, you have Gray as well.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I cannot stand Costa, absolutely cannot stand the foul creature.

If he was on fire and I had a full bladder I would rather let my bladder explode!

He's everything bad about cynical cheating modern football players.

He should have been sent off in both games so far too.

Shame he's got bags of ability but then so did Stalin :roll:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Weisenwolf wrote:If he was on fire and I had a full bladder I would rather let my bladder explode!
What if you were on fire and he had a full bladder? That's a better test of your hatred surely? :P

Hmm transfers - I've been toying all week with:

Alli > Bolasie
Rooney > Ibra

...but I'm not sure I'll do it. I know this is another long-winded debate for another thread, but I'm not sure Ibra is worth £2.7m more than Rooney / Lukaku etc, and £4m or so more than Benteke et al. The likes of Remy now looking likely to move make it even more questionable for me. The problem is, other than Hazard, we've not yet seen expensive mids do much - if Sanchez / Ozil, KdB, Martial, Mahrez all do well in the coming weeks, and points for the cheap mids dry up, then suddenly taking something like Aguero + £9m + £7.5m up front may well look better than having Aguero + Ibra...

Meh, two ore days to decide... :)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well Bolasie has better prospects than Delle at the minute

I know what you mean though I want Sanchez to fire so I can get him in.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

scarletjim wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:If he was on fire and I had a full bladder I would rather let my bladder explode!
What if you were on fire and he had a full bladder? That's a better test of your hatred surely? :P
If I were on fire and he present I'm sure he would be in the process of hiding a box of matches!

Probably with a manoeuver involving a dive and clutching a mythicly injured leg :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

blahblah wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: Thanks. I think I'm going to accept the drop on Firmino. The main reason is that I think I have two other players (Oscar and Gray) who are likely to need sorting next week.

I'm so glad I went Costa instead of Oscar, where the Oscar vs Hazrd was costing me brain cells so I took the easy option in Costa.

And I'm glad Fimino wasn't on my radar. I can see both sides of the hold and wait for the inevitable points to arrive and sell the useless bstrd before he sends my Squad Value through the floor.

And kerr-ching, you have Gray as well.
I went with Oscar on the basis that he was a risk, but might have been a 9.5 mid in disguise. There are plenty of options to move him on so really the narrative is that the risk on Oscar has potentially cost me 0.1 if I transfer out Firmino (or a hit had I chosen the transfer before value loss route). Its possible that both Gray and Oscar will drop next GW so TV can be defended in other ways.

Of course, it's still possible that Oscar starts and actually does something. Against Burnley at home I guess it's possible we will see Fabregas and Oscar in the same starting XI.

I've never been one to just chase team value for team value sake and when I see good reason to take a drop I will do so. I'll be watching for the toxic asset effect on Firmino but I do like him as a long term pick so as long as he doesn't get injured i think I'm happy to stick for now.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: I've never been one to just chase team value for team value sake and when I see good reason to take a drop I will do so. I'll be watching for the toxic asset effect on Firmino but I do like him as a long term pick so as long as he doesn't get injured i think I'm happy to stick for now.
Surely you must draw some line. How many drops are you going to stand? He already dropped once last night.

jonnymac_ratm
Kevin and Perry

Post by jonnymac_ratm »

I'm dropping Siggy but am split between the following (£7.4 max)

Redmond
Tadic
Mirallas
Bolasie
Lamela

Please can someone decide for me!?

Foxx
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL 12/13: 757th

Post by Foxx »

jonnymac_ratm wrote:I'm dropping Siggy but am split between the following (£7.4 max)

Redmond
Tadic
Mirallas
Bolasie
Lamela

Please can someone decide for me!?
All good options. I'd go with either Bolasie or Mirallas based on fixtures.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: I've never been one to just chase team value for team value sake and when I see good reason to take a drop I will do so. I'll be watching for the toxic asset effect on Firmino but I do like him as a long term pick so as long as he doesn't get injured i think I'm happy to stick for now.
Surely you must draw some line. How many drops are you going to stand? He already dropped once last night.
And when he explodes, which he will, he will get the .1 and more back in no time. We 2 games in

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”