To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW3 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Libero
Wideboy

Re: GW3 Transfers

Post by The Libero »

bigcliff2 wrote:Is anyone considering Sterling?
Yes but the little section on MoTD where Danny Murphy highlighted him summed up where I'm still a bit wary. Thinking about upgrading Oscar to Sterling, but Oscar gets one more week probably.

pfc_ivan
Treebeard

Post by pfc_ivan »

Do we know if Mirallas is nailed? He had an assist & goal in first couple of games, but Bolaise & Lukaku are most likely going to start next week. Do not have enough money to purchase Barkley, but do have enough for Mirallas.

DragonSwag
Treebeard

Post by DragonSwag »

Too hard to tell.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Done Mahrez > Redmond and Wickham > Costa for another -4. Last weeks paid off big time and hoping the same again this week with both having excellent home fixtures.

Will also catch Costa's rise tonight too which is a bonus.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

pfc_ivan wrote:Do we know if Mirallas is nailed? He had an assist & goal in first couple of games, but Bolaise & Lukaku are most likely going to start next week. Do not have enough money to purchase Barkley, but do have enough for Mirallas.
He was great against WBA...
Miles ahead of Deulofeu in terms of effort and influence, was like someone had literally stuck a rocket up his arsenal.

Reckon he's a safe bet for next GW with Bolasie - 90% sure that Deulofeu and Lennon will start tomorrow in League Cup and get benched for weekend.

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

Delofeu > Redmond

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

19Yorke wrote:Is doing Jedinak :arrow: Capoue for a -4 putting too much weight on team value?

Jedinak set to drop tonight (and obviously won't play for Palace this season), and Capoue bandwagon seems to be rolling. Think if I spend those 4 points I feel quite comfortable not wildcarding this week and maybe not next either.

Will wait and see what happens in today's fixtures of course.

Edit: just saw in a post above that some midweek games might stir things up later in the week :roll:
Depends how you are playing it. With the exceptions of Valencia, Funes Mori, Amat & Jak my entire squad is worth at least .1 more than I paid for them. It's not profit but it provided a nice buffer. I've got 125 points so the cost of doing so has not been severe and some of them will ultimately be profit in the future.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Had to take a 4 point hit to get Ibra in, think he's looking pretty essential.

Vardy -> Ibra
Wilson -> Stuani (feels risky but I've got a decent defence so don't mind going 4-4-2)
Feghouli -> Watmore

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

My squad is ok (Vardy to Ibra last week turned out well, have Foster, McAuley, Capoue) but I'm still thinking I might wildcard after GW3.

If I do that, my one week transfer might be:
Firmino :arrow: Barkley
or
Firmino :arrow: Sterling

Not sure about either really, also have Deulofeu which is a problem. Was going to start Capoue GW3 but need to wait and see on injuries.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Scottoffee wrote:
pfc_ivan wrote:Do we know if Mirallas is nailed? He had an assist & goal in first couple of games, but Bolaise & Lukaku are most likely going to start next week. Do not have enough money to purchase Barkley, but do have enough for Mirallas.
Miles ahead of Deulofeu in terms of effort and influence, was like someone had literally stuck a rocket up his arsenal.

Reckon he's a safe bet for next GW with Bolasie - 90% sure that Deulofeu and Lennon will start tomorrow in League Cup and get benched for weekend.
But money aside, Barkley is by far the most nailed Everton midfield pick?

d2024p
Treebeard

Post by d2024p »

The Toon Man wrote:
Scottoffee wrote:

I'd say so, yes.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

sunbather wrote:My squad is ok (Vardy to Ibra last week turned out well, have Foster, McAuley, Capoue) but I'm still thinking I might wildcard after GW3.

If I do that, my one week transfer might be:
or
Firmino :arrow: Sterling

Not sure about either really, also have Deulofeu which is a problem. Was going to start Capoue GW3 but need to wait and see on injuries.
Sterlings decision making is too poor for me, he's sprightly but to no avail; also got two tough fixtures next. Barkley has has a lot of easy fixtures coming up and with Kak back should score well. Barkley for me....

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Fletcher to Capoue and Eriksen to Barkley for -4

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Bao wrote:Fletcher to Capoue and Eriksen to Barkley for -4
Is it really worth a four point hit to replace your 5th mid? Are you doing it for the price increases? Guess that could make sense, but might Capoue's potential injury not curtail the traffic a bit?

fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by fairfranco »

The Toon Man wrote:
Scottoffee wrote:

Yep.

Mirallas is known to work very hard to impress new managers (and also at the end of the season to promote potential transfers!) and gradually lose interest hence he'll probably have a good season! He looked like he worked really hard in that game, I only saw match of the day but he was fouled chasing down a ball across towards the right hand side of the pitch that he went flat out trying to go and win. He certainly wouldn't normally have been doing that, team orders from the boss or not.

If Mirallas nailed down a place he makes a very good fantasy pick as he certainly knows where the net is and is his finishing is far and above duelofeu.

If he played an equal amount of time as Barkley he'd probably score more goals than him.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Almost 38,000 have already transferred in Stuani for £4.9M. He only needs another 21,500 for a price rise. Not bad 24 hours after the game......

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Am I mad to be considering this:

Negredo :arrow: Stuani
Coutinho :arrow: Sanchez

Arsenal getting players back now and the fixture list looks pretty good until the beginning of November.

Mad? Bad? or just sad?

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Weisenwolf wrote:Am I mad to be considering this:

Arsenal getting players back now and the fixture list looks pretty good until the beginning of November.

Mad? Bad? or just sad?
Reading some stuff from Arsenal fans apparently Sanchez has looked far off the pace so maybe one to avoid for awhile. Ozil is one I will be considering over the next few weeks however. Negredo :arrow: Stuani bit of a sideways move and one that can be done at any time due to how cheap Stuani is.

Personally Coutinho :arrow: Ozil would be the move I'd make, if any

Rinzler
Cheetah

Post by Rinzler »

Went with:

Vardy :arrow: Ibra

before the price rises...but think I might regret as both Vardy and Firm are due some points :(

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

If you have free transfers, you have to go with ditching the out of form players who are dropping in price in favour of the form players rising in price at this stage of the season - regardless of fixtures. Hence I've gone with Vardy to Ibra and Mahrez to Barkley. Lots of £ swings there and form of course. Obviously the last thing you want to see now is double figure hauls for Vardy and Mahrez in their favourable fixture but that's the gamble you have to take if you don't want your TV to take a hiding.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

LamebrainEddy wrote:

Mad? Bad? or just sad?

Reading some stuff from Arsenal fans apparently Sanchez has looked far off the pace so maybe one to avoid for awhile. Ozil is one I will be considering over the next few weeks however. Negredo :arrow: Stuani bit of a sideways move and one that can be done at any time due to how cheap Stuani is.

I am a Gooner :?

Ozil looked sharp when he came on; pepped everyone up. I suspect Sanchez is suffering from the overall confusion in the team but I doubt this shaky performance will last much longer. Maybe I will wait until the Burnley game week 7.....

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

LamebrainEddy wrote:

Mad? Bad? or just sad?

I'm tempted by the Stuani 'punt'. If Gray is going to avoid bonuses each game, I might get rid for Stuani (also frees up some cash to help with having Aguero and Ibra now).

Ozil is in my Wildcard plans, but just not sure about the rest of the team around him. He looked very good when he came on against Leicester.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

zerinot wrote:kane --> Ibra. Would wait but then i need an enabling transfer to get the funds, will reevaluate after tommorow if i can get through to next week without any Transfer hits/ wildcard.
my team looks decent after the weekends games, Firmino looks like he'll drop but i think i'll rather take the 0,1 price drop over a 4 point tranfer hit, when i might wildcard next week and there's no midfielder i desperately want instead.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Loads of patience etc on here.

Some bod scores a goal and everyone wants him. That someone being so cheap that he will still be cheap after a 0.5m rise? Why put risk having to use a transfer to get him out?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

:D I expect you are right Blah

I like the Idea of having Aguero, Zlibra, Sanchez & Hazard, could be a good mine but it's probably not so wise. Doesn't leave a lot for the other 11 in the squad :roll: I may end up drafting my mother in law in! :lol:
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 23 Aug 2016, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Owsler wrote:
I'm tempted by the Stuani 'punt'. If Gray is going to avoid bonuses each game, I might get rid for Stuani (also frees up some cash to help with having Aguero and Ibra now).

Ozil is in my Wildcard plans, but just not sure about the rest of the team around him. He looked very good when he came on against Leicester.
This Guardian piece caught my eye on Stuani (as someone who knows very little of Middlesbrough under Karanka), apparently Stuani seems to have sporadic minutes. Adding to that looking at his match record he seems a little inconsistent, score a brace one week and then nothing for a while. I am as tempted as any to put him in for the money saving, but I'd like to see if he's not just a one week wonder first and at 4.9 it definitely wouldnt hurt to wait a few weeks.

West Brom away next, a Middlesbrough blank there wouldn't surprise me.
Weisenwolf wrote:
I am a Gooner :?

Ozil looked sharp when he came on; pepped everyone up. I suspect Sanchez is suffering from the overall confusion in the team but I doubt this shaky performance will last much longer. Maybe I will wait until the Burnley game week 7.....
Well I guess you'll know more about it that I would then, that being said Sanchez would have to really start firing for me to make room for him.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Firmino out. One of Barkley/Pogba/Sterling in. To be decided.

macfall
Cheetah

Post by macfall »

Think Deulofeu may have to go. Cabaye could be interesting at only 5.9, or go a bit extra for Andros Townsend. Anyone saw much of Townsend this season? How has he been playing?

Nozbit
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nozbit »

I have Mandanda and Sigurdsson who are both due to drop tonight. I'm surprised that Mandanda hasn't played for Palace yet and I was convinced he would be No.1 but he's not so he needs to go, probably for the Hull keeper.

With Sigurdsson, I'm conflicted. He hit the bar on Saturday and if that goes in then obviously it's a different story but I have 2.0m in the bank so can upgrade him to a 9.5 if I wanted to. Do you think it would be worth the 4 point hit to get rid of Siggy for an upgrade and a 0.1m saving? Or am I being too rash and should be more patient with Siggy?

Dutchie
Cheetah

Re: RE: Re: GW3 Transfers

Post by Dutchie »

Nozbit wrote:I have Mandanda and Sigurdsson who are both due to drop tonight. I'm surprised that Mandanda hasn't played for Palace yet and I was convinced he would be No.1 but he's not so he needs to go, probably for the Hull keeper.

With Sigurdsson, I'm conflicted. He hit the bar on Saturday and if that goes in then obviously it's a different story but I have 2.0m in the bank so can upgrade him to a 9.5 if I wanted to. Do you think it would be worth the 4 point hit to get rid of Siggy for an upgrade and a 0.1m saving? Or am I being too rash and should be more patient with Siggy?
If you think Siggy will start scoring soon then you can assume he'll also be back to his original price quickly. I'm in the same boat with Mandanda and will be forced to trade him out tonight.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”