To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by ZeroRemorse »

RIP Wickham. Potentially a solid pick up at 7.5m with CP's fixtures.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by Terry Henry »

Yeah. Not bad. But still think there are better 6.5 picks.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Terry Henry wrote:Yeah. Not bad. But still think there are better 6.5 picks.
Debatable. I think Benteke is a nice upgrade to the 6.5m's and opens up further striking option and midfield combinations adding overall to your teams quality in front of goal. 7.5m is value IMO when he's probably along the lines of Lukaku and Girouds quality.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Fantastic signing for Palace.

If he can replicate his goal-scoring record that he achieved at Villa then he'll be in my team. Some excellent fixtures too. One to ponder for the early WC at the very least.

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

If Benteke was still at Villa and he was priced 7.5 people would be jumping all over him. Palace have got more about them going forwards than Villa did. He's just been forgotten about.

I will be bringing him.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Canary94 wrote:Fantastic signing for Palace.

If he can replicate his goal-scoring record that he achieved at Villa then he'll be in my team. Some excellent fixtures too. One to ponder for the early WC at the very least.
Even at Pool in a team that fully did not embrace him or that their style particularly complimented him, he still managed to find the net, in clutch situations to. I think he will be great for Palace in a system that is perfect for him.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:

Even at Pool in a team that fully did not embrace him or that their style particularly complimented him, he still managed to find the net, in clutch situations to. I think he will be great for Palace in a system that is perfect for him.
I agree.

42 goals in 89 appearances in, lets face it, a really poor Villa team is an excellent record. I would wait a week or two to see how he settles in, but definitely opens up that striker price bracket. Just need to decide whether its worth upgrading a 6.5 (Gray) or downgrading a premium (Vardy). Hopefully after the next couple of weeks we will have a better picture.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Said he would be in my team if he moved to palace before GW1 deadline. Problem is I don't have a lot of belief in palace getting many goals especially after GW1.
Will keep an eye on their next 2 fixtures

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Bit annoying that they couldn't have waited a day as he's quite close to a price drop!

Mind you, I doubt there will be too much of a frenzy to get him in, and the masses that currently have him in their teams will probably carry on transferring out the 0-pointer in their front line. Would be a nice bonus if he did drop though.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Canary94 wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

I agree.

42 goals in 89 appearances in, lets face it, a really poor Villa team is an excellent record. I would wait a week or two to see how he settles in, but definitely opens up that striker price bracket. Just need to decide whether its worth upgrading a 6.5 (Gray) or downgrading a premium (Vardy). Hopefully after the next couple of weeks we will have a better picture.
My plan is a Gray upgrade after their home fixture run. Burnley don't consistently create enough to warrant spending a forward slot on, the only reason I took Gray in the first place is because he just didnt seem to stop scoring.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Palace in my books were a relegation candidates without Benteke. I think they realized that to and have gone the extra mile to sign him. Pardeux will no doubt focus his team on Tekkers and securing lower table. Pepper your angus for clean sheets and Big Ben 1-0's or braces.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Re: RE: Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Canary94 wrote:Just need to decide whether its worth upgrading a 6.5 (Gray) or downgrading a premium (Vardy).
I'm thinking both, as soon as one of Lukaku/Giroud is up to speed.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:
Canary94 wrote:Just need to decide whether its worth upgrading a 6.5 (Gray) or downgrading a premium (Vardy).
I think Aguero Lukaku Benteke will be a trend this season.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

I think I'm sold. I thought this was dead, but it's potentially great news. Will keep Vardy this week but a downgrade to Benteke, at least in terms of price, allows an easy route to Hazard or Sanchez which is where I feel I am a bit light. I like the fixtures too and this would probably mean I can hold onto my WC a bit longer. He could be every bit as productive as Lukaku, Costa or Vardy - especially when you factor in the MF upgrade - And if he's not then the WC can come out.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:
You make a very good point. Hoping Koeman starts Lukaku this weekend so he can find a bit of form. Giroud has too much rotation doubt for me. If Vardy AND Gray both blank then I think this would be my favoured move. Can see both haemorrhaging value if they blank again.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Should be good for CPL. Would be better if Andros preferred a cross to a 35yrd pot shot.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

At the begining of the season I said I would pick Mata if he goes to Everton and Benteke if he goes to CP. Nothing has changed my mind. He'll be in my team at the moment he is confirmed fit.

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

cesc408 wrote:Problem is I don't have a lot of belief in palace getting many goals especially after GW1.
Will keep an eye on their next 2 fixtures
True, but did you have a lot of belief in Lambert/Sherwood era Villa getting many goals....

Benteke will have more talented attacking players around him than he did in Villa - Townsend, Cabeye, Zaha.

Cabaye has come off everyone's radar as he tired in the second half of last season but he is dangerous if he rediscovers his best and Zaha if he can polish up his end product would be a dangerous differential himself at 5.5m.

Palace have been in general malaise and needed a lift and Benteke will give them that.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

assume he will be on penalties as well, i will be downgrading Vardy for him next week, giving me Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Benteke front line and some cash to upgrade elsewhere

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Reminds me of welbeck to Arsenal a few seasons ago. Straight into my team after this game week.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This is genuinely exciting FPL news, I think.

I'll be keeping a very keen eye on his progress with a view to getting him in as my third striker.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

MPTree wrote:This is genuinely exciting FPL news, I think.

I'll be keeping a very keen eye on his progress with a view to getting him in as my third striker.
I think so to. Opens up a lot of quality attacking options at ST that this season was lacking.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I may get him for Gray. We will see!

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Can only share the enthousiasm about Benteke. 7.5 is a steal for such a player, and the perfect upgrade for Gray.

BillyBanker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BillyBanker »

Why was he a failiure at Liverpool then? Just the wrong style of play? Klopp didn't fancy him?

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

BillyBanker wrote:Why was he a failiure at Liverpool then? Just the wrong style of play? Klopp didn't fancy him?
Benteke's strength is in the air and in and around the box, with very little movement elsewhere. He really didn't suit Klopp's pressing style, and isn't a technical footballer with the ball at his feet. Having said that 9 goals, 4 assists in around 1500 minutes is actually a decent return. He was a square peg in a round hole.

He'll thrive under Palace's emphasis on crosses, and he's the striker they've been crying out for for some time now. If fit I can see him being one of the picks of the season.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

BillyBanker wrote:Why was he a failiure at Liverpool then? Just the wrong style of play? Klopp didn't fancy him?
Absolutely. Klopp requires hard working forwards who press and get inbehind defenders and that are quick with great vision. Tekkers is a solid finisher and very good on set pieces and target man crosses, ticks the boxes of a lot of EPL managers, but not Klopps particular style. Slots in nicely at target man teams. Will do well at Palace.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

But does he remember he is a great goalscorer?

Forwards like him need confidence from recent form and he has none. Give him a few weeks...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

murf wrote:But does he remember he is a great goalscorer?

Forwards like him need confidence from recent form and he has none. Give him a few weeks...
Sounds superstitious.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

andybarrell wrote:assume he will be on penalties as well, i will be downgrading Vardy for him next week, giving me Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Benteke front line and some cash to upgrade elsewhere
I'm tempted now; Negredo :arrow: Benteke giving me the same front line you would have.

He's a classic centre forward and this could be his home coming.

Is he expected to start immediately or spectate for a bit I wonder?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”