To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Brad
Treebeard

Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by Brad »

Mav3rick wrote:Bit annoying that they couldn't have waited a day as he's quite close to a price drop!

Mind you, I doubt there will be too much of a frenzy to get him in, and the masses that currently have him in their teams will probably carry on transferring out the 0-pointer in their front line. Would be a nice bonus if he did drop though.
He has dropped now - 7.4. I'll be bringing him in after GW2. Thinking of going from Aguero/Vardy/Borini to Aguero/Benteke/Lukaku.

breakfastbutty
Kevin and Perry

Post by breakfastbutty »

Need to find the 1m from somewhere (now I'm wondering if I should pick the 1-goal-a-season Capoue, didn't have him in GW1) to upgrade Gray. Leaves my midfield looking a little pitiful though

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

If Ibra goes big again tomorrow, will consider Costa > Benteke and Vardy > Ibrahimovic. With 0.5 left over, could also allow Mahrez > Hazard.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Brad wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Bit annoying that they couldn't have waited a day as he's quite close to a price drop!

Mind you, I doubt there will be too much of a frenzy to get him in, and the masses that currently have him in their teams will probably carry on transferring out the 0-pointer in their front line. Would be a nice bonus if he did drop though.
He has dropped now - 7.4. I'll be bringing him in after GW2. Thinking of going from Aguero/Vardy/Borini to Aguero/Benteke/Lukaku.
Brilliant. That's as good as a 0.2 rise elsewhere and I suspect I will take it on as soon as it looks like he will start.

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Pardew just gave a press conference. He was slightly tentative to talk about Benteke as he's not our player but in classic Pards style, he did it anyway. He said that if and when the deal was done, he wouldn't be match fit and would need to be eased into first team action, so I wouldn't be too quick to transfer him in. That said, if we continue to be blunt up front, I would expect him to make a couple of desperate bench appearances as soon as he signs.

Unbelievable signing though. Never thought it would actually happen.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Considering his goal to minutes ratio and Palace's style it is for sure one to keep an eye on.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:Yeah. Not bad. But still think there are better 6.5 picks.
Debatable. I think Benteke is a nice upgrade to the 6.5m's and opens up further striking option and midfield combinations adding overall to your teams quality in front of goal. 7.5m is value IMO when he's probably along the lines of Lukaku and Girouds quality.
Only if we assume that footballers are robots and all they have to do is just press the reset button to the player they were 1-2 year previously. Not so simple. How many examples of Players moving up to bigger clubs, sitting on the bench, and coming back as worse players? Many.
Benteke, while in Villa, was keeping Lukaku from the Belgium national team, and was by all means seen as an as good, if not better prospect. He is nowhere now.

Not that he cannot. I had benefited greatly from the Villa Benteke in FPL. But, it's a wait and watch for me. If he starts well, I will pick. If not, I won't. Not going bonkers about Benteke yet.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Aguero, Ibra, Benteke sounds good :D

Just not sure how to get him. I already have Townsend in my team and two attackers from Crystal Palace doesn't sound good.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:
Brad wrote:

Brilliant. That's as good as a 0.2 rise elsewhere and I suspect I will take it on as soon as it looks like he will start.
Same unless Negredo is banging one in every weekend

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

murf wrote:But does he remember he is a great goalscorer?

Forwards like him need confidence from recent form and he has none. Give him a few weeks...
I'm with murf on this one. I'm excited about Tekkers in my 11 for this season but it's a 'wait and see' until I see one goal out of him, then I'll board the bandwagon.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

bristolciteh wrote:
murf wrote:But does he remember he is a great goalscorer?

Forwards like him need confidence from recent form and he has none. Give him a few weeks...
I'm with murf on this one. I'm excited about Tekkers in my 11 for this season but it's a 'wait and see' until I see one goal out of him, then I'll board the bandwagon.
And with a bit of luck he will have dropped even more by then :D

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

7.4m for a striker that has looked pretty rubbish for a couple of years playing in a mid-table team at best....doesn't sound great to me.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

baganboy wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:
Debatable. I think Benteke is a nice upgrade to the 6.5m's and opens up further striking option and midfield combinations adding overall to your teams quality in front of goal. 7.5m is value IMO when he's probably along the lines of Lukaku and Girouds quality.
Only if we assume that footballers are robots and all they have to do is just press the reset button to the player they were 1-2 year previously. Not so simple. How many examples of Players moving up to bigger clubs, sitting on the bench, and coming back as worse players? Many.
Benteke, while in Villa, was keeping Lukaku from the Belgium national team, and was by all means seen as an as good, if not better prospect. He is nowhere now.

Not that he cannot. I had benefited greatly from the Villa Benteke in FPL. But, it's a wait and watch for me. If he starts well, I will pick. If not, I won't. Not going bonkers about Benteke yet.
Over the past 4 seasons he's averaged a goal every other game plus a few assists for a poor Villa team and as a bit part player for Liverpool.
I don't know where all these better picks are coming from at 6.5m but I suspect they come with a good dose of expectation, a pinch of dodgy stats and a large dash of hope or gut feeling attached.

He's only 25 and is moving to a club where he will be the focal point in attack with far better service that he ever got at Villa.
He's well established in the league and has proved year on year that he knows where the net is.
He just left a club where he was clearly surplus to requirements and still managed to score a goal every 169 minutes.
He hardly ever picks up a yellow card (but has been sent off once or twice), and gets a decent share of the BP's.

I don't know what you want from a 7.4m striker but he's ticking all my boxes right now.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Bertie64 wrote:
baganboy wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

Over the past 4 seasons he's averaged a goal every other game plus a few assists for a poor Villa team and as a bit part player for Liverpool.
I don't know where all these better picks are coming from at 6.5m but I suspect they come with a good dose of expectation, a pinch of dodgy stats and a large dash of hope or gut feeling attached.

He's only 25 and is moving to a club where he will be the focal point in attack with far better service that he ever got at Villa.
He's well established in the league and has proved year on year that he knows where the net is.
He just left a club where he was clearly surplus to requirements and still managed to score a goal every 169 minutes.
He hardly ever picks up a yellow card (but has been sent off once or twice), and gets a decent share of the BP's.

I don't know what you want from a 7.4m striker but he's ticking all my boxes right now.
100% spot on.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

+1

MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Post by MOBIUS »

from the Guardian
"Benteke will not be considered for selection in Saturday’s derby at Tottenham Hotspur but is likely to make his debut in Tuesday’s League Cup tie against Blackpool at Selhurst Park, when James McArthur, James Tomkins and Steve Mandanda are also expected to play.'

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well that'll help drive his price down

FPL Ruined My Life
Kevin and Perry

Post by FPL Ruined My Life »

Weisenwolf wrote:Well that'll help drive his price down
Do you think the casual players are all just robots who have no interest in football? News of Benteke moving to Palace is going to be all over the media, so his price certainly won't drop any further below 7.4 unless he picks up an injury.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Bertie64 wrote:
baganboy wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

Recommend reading my post, and not the others, when answering me, perhaps :D ?

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

baganboy wrote:Recommend reading my post, and not the others, when answering me, perhaps :D ?
Touchy?
It's not a reply to you, it's a quote.
Every response on every thread is called a reply, and all of them are replies to the original poster of the thread.

I read your own reply, and I think you are overly negative. He's hardly 'nowhere'. Is he?
I was giving my, slightly more upbeat, opinion in contrast - so I included your post as a quote... That's all. That's how it works 'round here.

Clearly some parts of my post were directed at other quotes that were also included. I'm sure people can figure out who said what.
Don't take it so personally... :wink:

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Bertie64 wrote:It's not a reply to you, it's a quote.
Every response on every thread is called a reply, and all of them are replies to the original poster of the thread.
Maybe. However, when one quotes another poster - like I am doing here - I am responding to one person's comment specifically - which is yours. Otherwise, one would generally just comment without quoting someone. Just comment.
Bertie64 wrote:I read your own reply, and I think you are overly negative. He's hardly 'nowhere'. Is he?
I was giving my, slightly more upbeat, opinion in contrast - so I included your post as a quote... That's all. That's how it works 'round here.
Which is an absolutely acceptable POV - I have alluded to that possibility in my post too. I don't have a problem with alternate viewpoints. You may well be right.
How it works round here is how I have mentioned it above. Trust me on that. It's standard norm for most forums.
Bertie64 wrote:Clearly some parts of my post were directed at other quotes that were also included. I'm sure people can figure out who said what.
Don't take it so personally... :wink:
Are you that kid who tries to be way too cool for school - "Aw, I dunno, you folks are too touchy, you folks take it too personally, it's all yo' faault". Get a grip. Everyone here cares, you included, otherwise you wouldn't be here. I am invested in this game and this forum. And unabashed about it.
However, I am not that much invested in players I select in my team, nor my opinion about one specific player - which change with changes in performance of said player. When I comment though, I would like to believe I put some thought into them most times.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Anyhow, he is causing Wickham to surge to a drop.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

baganboy wrote:...
OK. I don't understand what the point here is. You replied, I replied, we all replied. If you think that I think that you think there are better 6.5m pick maybe its because you alluded to that when you replied to a reply that included a reply that said that...
I still think everyone can see that... apart form you.
If I offended you, then I'm sorry.
Are we good now?

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bertie64 »

blahblah wrote:Anyhow, he is causing Wickham to surge to a drop.
I think Wickham may also be partly to blame for that...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I'm in the "wait and see" category. He's had a tough couple of seasons, and it will be interesting to see how he will emerge from that. As mentioned above, he was at one time considered to be better than Lukaku, but he's got his work cut out to get there again. Also, Palace can go through real barren periods.

We all know there is a top goalscorer in there, but I think it would be only natural for him to take time to find his form.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Bertie64 wrote: Are we good now?
Of course! Cheers.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Depending on how GW2 goes I'm thinking of downgrading Vardy rather than upgrading Gray, just because Liverpool and Man City have a selection of midfielders that are probably going to smash it and I'll probably want at least one of them without downgrading Mahrez or Hazard.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

If Benteke goes back to the Villa form, that's a 9M forward. I'd take the AVL Benteke over Giroud and Firmino.
Big if, though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by gallus »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:
Canary94 wrote:Just need to decide whether its worth upgrading a 6.5 (Gray) or downgrading a premium (Vardy).
I'm thinking both, as soon as one of Lukaku/Giroud is up to speed.
my first thought as well. Kun Lukaku Benteke looks like a great front 3.

MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Post by MOBIUS »

Got the funds to upgrade current 6.5 pick Llorente. Benteke ticks all the boxes at the price. As soon as he's a starter, I'm in

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”