To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by Mav3rick »

Remy is nicely priced as a Gray replacement, possibly a temporary one.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Palace going 4-4-2 now then?

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Paulista wrote:Palace going 4-4-2 now then?
Was about to ask the same thing. I'll go for Remy over Benteke solely on price. Remy is a proven goal scorer as well.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

payetme wrote:
Paulista wrote:Palace going 4-4-2 now then?
Was about to ask the same thing. I'll go for Remy over Benteke solely on price. Remy is a proven goal scorer as well.
will be very interesting to see how they line up now, I wouldn't have thought Remy would want to swap one bench for another.

I like Benteke and was looking at bringing him in but IF they are going to play 4-4-2 I'd probably favour Remy, the attraction of Benteke was that he would be their sole attacking option, much like he was at Villa and everything is geared towards him.

In a 2 with Remy you would think that Benteke would be the physical presence to win the ball and hold it up and Remy would be the one to get in behind with his pace and movement. If that proves to be the case then Remy could be the better option, for a million cheaper too!

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Didn't remy have a heart condition of some description? Means he can't play full minutes? Have I made that up? Answers on a postcard

Either way I'm waiting on Palace, every signing they make we all think "this is the one" and then they go on and do nothing with them

DragonSwag
Treebeard

Post by DragonSwag »

I just have to remind myself its palace so i dont accidentaly transfer in any of their players.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Wickham, Benteke and Remy upfront.
Will Pardew play with 1 or 2 strikers?
Surely Benteke is the most likely to get minutes..

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Palace are currently also odds on favourite to get Wilshere on loan.

Suddenly would be a pretty potent looking attack if it goes through in presumably a 442? (Or 4231 with Remy wide left as he's done with Ba/Cisse as a striker at Newcastle in the past?)

Townsend, Cabaye, Wilshere, Zaha/Sako
Remy, Benteke

OK, I wouldn't touch their defence with that setup attacking returns seem likely. :shock:

flaviooooo
Wideboy

Post by flaviooooo »

I'm going to take a punt on Remy, he's cheap and a proven goalscorer

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote:Palace are currently also odds on favourite to get Wilshere on loan.

Suddenly would be a pretty potent looking attack if it goes through in presumably a 442? (Or 4231 with Remy wide left as he's done with Ba/Cisse as a striker at Newcastle in the past?)

Remy, Benteke

OK, I wouldn't touch their defence with that setup attacking returns seem likely. :shock:
And how many matches do you expect him to play?

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I think Wilshere, if Palace get him, will be amazing. I think Pardew will have to play 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3
Remy has played as an Inside forward, so it should be fine.

---------------Cabaye - McArthur ------------------
------------------- Wilshere -------------------------
-- Townsend -----------------------------Remy ----
--------------------- Benteke -----------------------

That is pretty formidable. Wilshere is a great purchase at only 5.9.Will prefer him at Bournemouth though

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Stemania wrote:Palace are currently also odds on favourite to get Wilshere on loan.

Remy, Benteke

Only potent if they all stay fit and reach the potential we all expect. I have my doubts about all of their signings personally

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Remy has returned to Chelsea...

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

So what's the verdict on Benteke now?
Four games, hasn't seemed to do that much, but scored twice.

I currently have Benteke, but am considering selling, as now there are other potential options at lower prices: notably Rashford, Defoe, Deeney, Rondon.

My instinct is to do Benteke > Rashford, but am a bit wary of being burned on this. Rashford looks hot and could be the Kane of 2 seasons ago, if he is now nailed on, but you never know about how nailed he is, and now Palace have started scoring I feel like once Benteke gets fully back in to match fitness and settled with Palace he might be quite a regular scorer.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

The Libero wrote:So what's the verdict on Benteke now?
Four games, hasn't seemed to do that much, but scored twice.

I currently have Benteke, but am considering selling, as now there are other potential options at lower prices: notably Rashford, Defoe, Deeney, Rondon.

My instinct is to do Benteke > Rashford, but am a bit wary of being burned on this. Rashford looks hot and could be the Kane of 2 seasons ago, if he is now nailed on, but you never know about how nailed he is, and now Palace have started scoring I feel like once Benteke gets fully back in to match fitness and settled with Palace he might be quite a regular scorer.
I don't think Rashford will be a new "Kane". Remember Kane was their main man, while Ibrahimovic probably stays the main man in Man United team, so Rashford is only their secondary striker. Might still be good value for his price, but I can hardly see him scoring at similar rate than Kane.

But I'm happy to be corrected sooner rather than later if you think I'm wrong.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I have Benteke and as soon as I have no other issues he will become Ighalo Deeney or Wilso

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

How are Benteke owners feeling at the moment?

He's just sitting in my team, I'm thinking getting rid of him for Austin tonight, but it would mean taking a hit.

I'm not feeling good about him at all, he doesn't come close to getting near the BPS either and at 7.5m downgrading him can spare a bit of cash to invest around the rest of the team and Austin is probably going to be nearly just as efficient.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm keeping him, he has 3 goals in 713 minutes, which isn't significantly off his roughly goal every 180 premier league minutes. He still has good stats, and looks fit and sharp; 9.9 touches in the box, and 3.4 shots in the box per appearance [2.0 of those headers], and is still on penalties as far as I know.

I actually think many are underrating him, much like they did with Costa for weeks.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I'm keeping him, he has 3 goals in 713 minutes, which isn't significantly off his roughly goal every 180 premier league minutes. He still has good stats, and looks fit and sharp; 9.9 touches in the box, and 3.4 shots in the box per appearance [2.0 of those headers], and is still on penalties as far as I know.

I actually think many are underrating him, much like they did with Costa for weeks.
Uh.. Yeah, I really need to start looking at all these stats, I'm just too lazy sometimes. Is opta still the place to go?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Fantasyfootballscout member area present them pretty well, but you can find a lot on whoscored and squawka for free.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Can't believe it took me to bump this, so many have dumped him, yet he's really come good in the last two weeks. Kane and Sánchez's heroics have overshadowed him this week.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Indeed i had just checked the option to go Kun :arrow: Tek instead of Costa,
but at first look too many bad fixtures after next one
Reassess in 2017

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Can't believe it took me to bump this, so many have dumped him, yet he's really come good in the last two weeks. Kane and Sánchez's heroics have overshadowed him this week.
I also still have him simply because there has been more important issues to solve. Very classical situation in FPL where you just have a kind of unsatisfactory player just because he is not that bad you'd like to take a hit to transfer him out.

He has come good, but he is now on four yellows and has difficult fixtures after GW15. I'm looking to get rid of him after GW15. What about you?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Fantasyfootballscout member area present them pretty well, but you can find a lot on whoscored and squawka for free.
don't check squawka often, did again last week and they felt dispersed and ill-grouped
Besides, you can't copy the data! :o
Much better on atfpl, req free-registration

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Finisher1 wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Can't believe it took me to bump this, so many have dumped him, yet he's really come good in the last two weeks. Kane and Sánchez's heroics have overshadowed him this week.
I also still have him simply because there has been more important issues to solve. Very classical situation in FPL where you just have a kind of unsatisfactory player just because he is not that bad you'd like to take a hit to transfer him out.

He has come good, but he is now on four yellows and has difficult fixtures after GW15. I'm looking to get rid of him after GW15. What about you?
I didn't realise he was on four yellows. :oops:

I feel pretty committed to keeping Benteke in my team though, I genuinely think he's one of the best picks in the game for his price, and was happy to keep him earlier. If I've got bench cover, I'll probably just bench him that week; would be annoying if Costa and Benteke got that fifth yellow on the same week though. :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

I didn't realise he was on four yellows. :oops:

I feel pretty committed to keeping Benteke in my team though, I genuinely think he's one of the best picks in the game for his price, and was happy to keep him earlier. If I've got bench cover, I'll probably just bench him that week; would be annoying if Costa and Benteke got that fifth yellow on the same week though. :lol:
Actually it seems he is still on three yellows!

I'm sure someone said in TRK that he picked his fourth yellow today and then I checked that he had three in the PL and thought the fourth is from EFL Cup. But now that I checked EFL Cup too it seems he hasn't picked a yellow there.

I guess someone was wrong in TRK!

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

If he's on three yellows I think people should seriously consider brining him in.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Finisher1 wrote:

FPL website only has him on 3 yellows, seems his yellow card in GW3 is missing?

Edit - Wikipedia has him as being booked in GW3 but that appears to be an error.

I'll need a Benteke/Austin/Defoe to enable Sanchez, I'm leaning towards Austin.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

I was growing impatient before he scored again last week, had more pressing concerns elsewhere though. Austin really keeps niggling at me also, i reckon i'll probably go with him soon as he's on pens for a good side.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

I've had Defoe, Benteke, Sanchez & Hazard from the start ... only thing I've don't right all year!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”