To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Re: Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

CONFIRMED. UNBELIEVABLE BENTEKKERS!

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

at 7.4 hes well worth a punt .....runs and hides hahaha

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

In my setup Benteke would comfortably allow me to fit in a premium mid plus the Zlatan Kun duo, but Lukaku is still playing on my mind.
Both will have good fixtures for a while GW3 onwards, both full of potential.. will Lukaku take pens? Remains to be seen, could come down to that and influence me. I'm sure Cabaye will continue for Palace?

In my head i also wonder if Lukaku is worth it with this taken in mind above e.g. Hazard, he's a shoe in for a 180pt+ season you'd think. I'm not as convinced by Sanchez being Fantasy gold this year, certainly not if he's played upfront w/ or without Giroud it takes away from his game in a bad way for me, seen it enough times.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Bergkamp_22 wrote:In my setup Benteke would comfortably allow me to fit in a premium mid plus the Zlatan Kun duo, but Lukaku is still playing on my mind.
Both will have good fixtures for a while GW3 onwards, both full of potential.. will Lukaku take pens? Remains to be seen, could come down to that and influence me. I'm sure Cabaye will continue for Palace?

In my head i also wonder if Lukaku is worth it with this taken in mind above e.g. Hazard, he's a shoe in for a 180pt+ season you'd think. I'm not as convinced by Sanchez being Fantasy gold this year, certainly not if he's played upfront w/ or without Giroud it takes away from his game in a bad way for me, seen it enough times.
i am in the same position its currently lukaku vs Bentekke to allow hazard in ....lots of hard thinking to be done this weekend

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Pre-Ibrahimovic I was dead set on Benteke, but now the funds are tight and it's not so clear cut.

It's the necessary disadvantage of an Aguero/Ibrahimovic team that you're weak elsewhere, and Benteke has moved from a clear pick to competing with the circa 7.5 and 6.5 mids and strikers in some combination.

I still think hes probably the best bet, but if I want to move on him then I need a decent midfield option to free up funds. It might be a wildcard decision now rather than a GW3 pick.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Benteke to Palace 27m + 5m Add on's.

Post by MPTree »

Yes, I think it's more like a WC decision. I'd like to see him come through a full game first anyhow, which means getting him GW4 at the earliest for me. A lot may have changed by then.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I wish Crystal Palace started scoring. I have money for Benteke but I don't trust their team, especially when I already have Townsend.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

If Gray/Burnley can maintain some kind of consistency, then there may be no room for Tekkers. One to monitor.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

JoonaR16 wrote:I wish Crystal Palace started scoring. I have money for Benteke but I don't trust their team, especially when I already have Townsend.
with Benteke (fit and on form) they just might.

Villa were far from a potent attacking team but Benteke gave them teeth, they played to his strengths, made him the focal point, and he scored goals.

I'd expect a similar situation at Palace, they have a lot of pace and trickery (Zaha, Townsend) but nothing up front, they are crying out for a proper centre forward.

If he's anywhere near match fit they should throw him straight in, he'd bully Bournemouth next week.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Having been at the Spurs match today 8-) I can tell you CPL looked a whole lot better in the second half when Cabaye came on. It's not that I saw Cabaye running things - the team just played a lot better. If Cabaye plays, Benteke could do very well.

breakfastbutty
Kevin and Perry

Post by breakfastbutty »

was looking to a W4/W5 move for Benteke to replace Gray, with money ITB. Now, no longer sure it's necessary

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I'm taking Benteke. Pools defence has a lot to be desired, sure Gray is good, but Tekkers is excellent, he averages a goal 0.43 matches, which is better than most in that price bracket and better than Lukaku's and Giroud's and he's 1.5m cheaper, I'm sold and happy, complete bargain and a focal point for a CPL team that will do nothing but feed him the ball and have more ballers than Burnley. They might even give him penalties ahead of Cabaye.

Negredo is a good option, but I will take Tekkers in the long run.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Do we think he'll start on Saturday? About to bring him in.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:Do we think he'll start on Saturday? About to bring him in.
Think he has a cup game run out mid week, to get him back into the swing of things, so I'm expecting a start for him, especially since CPL lost both their games and haven't scored a single goal yet.

No doubt nailed for Bournemouth IMO.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

I was on the fence about Benteke but iv got him in. The guys record in a Villa team that was on the slide is pretty outstanding, Palace are going to be getting balls into the box from set-pieces and open play and their fixtures are as good as it gets BOU, mid, STO, sun, eve. I was tempted by Lukaku but he's 1.6m more expensive and id like Barkley so I thought now was as good a time as ever to bring Benteke in.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Rich2086 wrote:I was on the fence about Benteke but iv got him in. The guys record in a Villa team that was on the slide is pretty outstanding, Palace are going to be getting balls into the box from set-pieces and open play and their fixtures are as good as it gets BOU, mid, STO, sun, eve. I was tempted by Lukaku but he's 1.6m more expensive and id like Barkley so I thought now was as good a time as ever to bring Benteke in.
Agreed, and I also got him in. He was great at Villa with a worse support than he'll have at Palace.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Rich2086 wrote:I was on the fence about Benteke but iv got him in. The guys record in a Villa team that was on the slide is pretty outstanding, Palace are going to be getting balls into the box from set-pieces and open play and their fixtures are as good as it gets BOU, mid, STO, sun, eve. I was tempted by Lukaku but he's 1.6m more expensive and id like Barkley so I thought now was as good a time as ever to bring Benteke in.
Free or take a hit?

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Owsler wrote:
Free or take a hit?

I had Carroll injured so decided i might as well just take a hit

Also I think he will have a point to provide and a determined benteke will be a dangerous prospect

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Is everyone happy he starts immediately?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Weisenwolf wrote:Is everyone happy he starts immediately?

Not sure about this. Was subbed at halftime for Wickham, who then came on and scored immediately.

Doesn't mean Benteke is anything other than first choice, but I can see the sense in reversing it for the next game, with Wickham starting and Benteke on bench, to ease him in. Has had very little pre-season gametime

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

IMO, don't rush Benteke in for GW3. I know the fixtures are tempting, but his pre season has been laughable.
But, in my case, shifting out for Gray before HUL is gonna be tough

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

sjaugen wrote:IMO, don't rush Benteke in for GW3. I know the fixtures are tempting, but his pre season has been laughable.
But, in my case, shifting out for Gray before HUL is gonna be tough
Hull aren't exactly Villa 15/16, I'd be cautious to put all my eggs into one basket when it comes to sides playing Hull this season. They have a good manager and strong core to their side. There's seasoned Prem players there and ex UCL players. They're by no means easy beats. I'm picking lower mid table for them this season.

flaviooooo
Wideboy

Post by flaviooooo »

Any thruth in the "Remy to Palace"-rumours?

If so, I think I'm going with him instead of Benteke...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

More likely WHam, imho, and an obvious candidate for my lil ole squad. (If\when up to speed etc.)

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Hull aren't exactly Villa 15/16, I'd be cautious to put all my eggs into one basket when it comes to sides playing Hull this season. They have a good manager and strong core to their side. There's seasoned Prem players there and ex UCL players. They're by no means easy beats. I'm picking lower mid table for them this season.
I agree. But to end the derail I started, Gray vs HUL is good enough to avoid a hit for Benteke
Tekkers didn't convince midweek, but if he does in the weekend, he gets the fantasy gold sticker
He can be great, though would like to see something on the pitch before I jump on him

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

sjaugen wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Hull aren't exactly Villa 15/16, I'd be cautious to put all my eggs into one basket when it comes to sides playing Hull this season. They have a good manager and strong core to their side. There's seasoned Prem players there and ex UCL players. They're by no means easy beats. I'm picking lower mid table for them this season.
I agree. But to end the derail I started, Gray vs HUL is good enough to avoid a hit for Benteke
Tekkers didn't convince midweek, but if he does in the weekend, he gets the fantasy gold sticker
He can be great, though would like to see something on the pitch before I jump on him
Fair enough. I've bought Big Ben in through my WC for Gray and I think Gray will be getting a ban for his tweets.

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Fair enough. I've bought Big Ben in through my WC for Gray and I think Gray will be getting a ban for his tweets.
I would have gotten Benteke on a WC as well. Though got to call it a punt until further.
Can easily perform as well as Lukaku with a nicer price tag. But you sort of "need" an Everton mid if you go Benteke, and I can't stand happy go lucky Barkley

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

I'm underwhelmed by Benteke. For all his physical and goalhanging strengths (an underrated skill, imo), for me he lacks nous. Not my type of player.

That's not to say he won't score FPL points, however.* I just wouldn't consider him now, what with today's news of Spurs' interest in Zaha. Mutch at £4.5 is the more interesting Palace player as the season goes on, imo.

NB I have a current forward line of Gray/Ag/Ibra, so it is possible that my views are tainted by the unusually (for me) high position in which I now smugly find myself.

It can't last. :)

*hedging bets emoticon

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

flaviooooo wrote:Any thruth in the "Remy to Palace"-rumours?

If so, I think I'm going with him instead of Benteke...
Now confirmed, so the short answer to your question is "yes"!

I was far from convinced on Tekkers before, given Palace's attacking fragilities. This just affirms my instinct to stay away for the foreseeable future!

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

That's a really impressive striker duo for Palace. Wow. Let's see if they can make something out of it, not sure if I'd like to punt on either right now though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”