To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: Price changes

Post by The Catman »

Weisenwolf wrote:
The Catman wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Paulista wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Kane is over +300% :lol:
Your team value is incredible.
Shame my points aren't :wink:
Haha, your points hits are about three times my score so far this week.....keep it up :D
Yes 64 points in hits to make up over the remaining 24 games. Will my additional funds equate to more than 3 points per week? We shall see.
That assumes no more hits for the rest of the season. Go on, I dare you :D :D :D

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Mav3rick wrote:Such a turn around for Walcott, from most transferred in to most transferred out in one week!
Really ? Don't see why, ok 3 points this week but you can't score points every week

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

fantasyfaz wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Such a turn around for Walcott, from most transferred in to most transferred out in one week!
Really ? Don't see why, ok 3 points this week but you can't score points every week
I suppose it's people using their Aguero cash to upgrade to Sanchez, or moving sideways to Eriksen.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Catman wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
The Catman wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Paulista wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Kane is over +300% :lol:
Your team value is incredible.
Shame my points aren't :wink:
Haha, your points hits are about three times my score so far this week.....keep it up :D
Yes 64 points in hits to make up over the remaining 24 games. Will my additional funds equate to more than 3 points per week? We shall see.
That assumes no more hits for the rest of the season. Go on, I dare you :D :D :D
Oh my giddy aunt, no more hits, 24 weeks, Aggghhhh I can't do it :cry:

Actually they were not all for funds and some were mistakes (I can't be alone in being a long jump from perfect :? ) and a couple were to be playing 11. Mathematically taking a hit (-4) to bring in a playing player (minimum +2 usually) when the sold is about to go down in value and the purchased up in value and the alternative is a man down is usually a good decision :D

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Any chance walcott might drop? I need him to drop .1 to squeeze him in. Cannot afford him at 8.0

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I Am Ville wrote:Any chance walcott might drop? I need him to drop .1 to squeeze him in. Cannot afford him at 8.0
He may well drop, but not tonight. In fact, the way people are thrashing around to get Sanchez I wouldn't necessarily rule out a 0.2 drop by next GW as he's shedding previous rises which we've seen being lost rapidly on other players.

In terms of numbers he's done about -12k today according to CtC and is about 10% to a drop.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Up to 30%

Sanchez and Kane heading for further rises. Aguero 40% of the way to a second drop but it does look like some still have him; he can't be in over 1 1/2 million dormant teams.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Weisenwolf wrote: he can't be in over 1 1/2 million dormant teams.
https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2016 ... -and-stats

From the spreadsheet
Overall teams (sample)
Ownership 42.5% (1.4% benched him! :o )
But 47.5% of the "Active" teams, which FPLD counts as 60% of the total
Which yields: at gw14 deadline, 14% of all teams owned Kun AND hadn't made a transfer in last 4 gws
That's ~580k of the 1,840k who owned him at deadline

Beware tho the FPL figures would give 44.1% ownership at deadline, not 42.5%, so FPLD sample must not be that accurate and representative

We might roughly approximate that 1300k Kun owners were active teams, and 410k have already sold him after the deadline so far

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces

Post by I Am Ville »

Mav3rick wrote:
I Am Ville wrote:Any chance walcott might drop? I need him to drop .1 to squeeze him in. Cannot afford him at 8.0
He may well drop, but not tonight. In fact, the way people are thrashing around to get Sanchez I wouldn't necessarily rule out a 0.2 drop by next GW as he's shedding previous rises which we've seen being lost rapidly on other players.

In terms of numbers he's done about -12k today according to CtC and is about 10% to a drop.
I

Am i the only person thinking he is a great transfer in this week for arsenals run? At 7.9 he has to be great value!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's £8M and he was better value at £7.5M

Be good from week 18 especially if he does drop a couple of times

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces

Post by I Am Ville »

Weisenwolf wrote:He's £8M and he was better value at £7.5M

Yeah think i am doubling up on Arsenal from then

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I Am Ville wrote:

Firmino hits a bad run at about that time too, but Perez is starting to be a threat to Walcott's game time? Or is he more likely to play from the other flank?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

No price changes happened last night according to CTC. Is that true?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I didn't check. Aguero is in the drop zone now

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I Am Ville wrote:

Me too; Wally is 2/3 if the way to a drop which would be handy.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:I didn't check. Aguero is in the drop zone now
Didn't drop yesterday; still hovering.

Sterling, Coutinho, Berkley, Fuchs & Heaton all heading South too. Heaton a possible concern for some but the others must be expected.

Heading North: Ian Nacho & Defoe unsurprisingly, Chelsea's Courtois, Hazard & Alonso along with Foster, Zaha & Sanchez who is heading for the glorious 3rd rise. I'd be surprised if any of this lot don't get there.

Chasing pack includes Valencia, Pieters, Austin, Can, Kane, Barnes & Siggy.

Obviously just focusing on those the boards suggest FISO folk talk about; sorry if I've missed anyone of note.

I wonder; have we pretty much already done our transfers? Is the Friday night decision a thing of the past? Do we now do it all Sunday/Monday night or even during the weekend?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Heaton could/should be unflagged but if he's not he may very well drop tomorrow night.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:Heaton could/should be unflagged but if he's not he may very well drop tomorrow night.
He's still flagged.....I'm not a fan of meetings but FPL towers really need to have one, this flagging is incoherent, it's not good for the game.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

As far as I know, it's FFS who control the flagging, or at least, FPL take their lead from FFS.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Weisenwolf wrote:Sanchez who is heading for the glorious 3rd rise.
Those rises are really going to bite me in the arse when I feel I need to have him from GW18 and onwards.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: Price changes

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:As far as I know, it's FFS who control the flagging, or at least, FPL take their lead from FFS.
I think Mark (of FFS) addressed this a few weeks ago. My understanding (if I remember rightly, in leu of the actual post in their comments system) is that FFS have no control at all, but FFS are aware that FPL do use them as one of many resourses for flagging-related updates. The precise system apparently remains a mystery even to the big cheeses at FFS though. :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Well, FFS may claim that FPL use other resources and that FFS have no direct control, but I think I'd struggle to find mainstream examples of a player being flagged or unflagged without an accompanying tweet from FFS.

Perhaps FPL just read the same news sources but all that controversy around the international injuries and flags seemed to originate from dubious official sources yet still ended up with flagging after FFS reported the players as doubtful.

There's definitely a synergy between the two and I'd actually be quite surprised if FPL use any source other that FFS. I'm not saying FFS deliberately mislead, but I think the onus is squarely on them to get the flagging as accurate as possible since it clearly is used heavily, if not solely, by FPL.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Didn't notice Eriksen rising and now paying an extra 0.1m for him.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: RE: Re: Price changes

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:As far as I know, it's FFS who control the flagging, or at least, FPL take their lead from FFS.
I think Mark (of FFS) addressed this a few weeks ago. My understanding (if I remember rightly, in leu of the actual post in their comments system) is that FFS have no control at all, but FFS are aware that FPL do use them as one of many resourses for flagging-related updates. The precise system apparently remains a mystery even to the big cheeses at FFS though. :D
No, Mark as good as admitted that he is advising FPL on flags. The point he was making was that he has no influence on price movements and doesn't know the ins and outs of how they work.

In my opinion he is causing players who aren't injured to be flagged on the basis of rumour and hearsay. Which means it isn't even-handed because rumour and hearsay about a Stoke player doesn't get picked up and replicated in countless other online articles in the same way that a rumour about an Arsenal, Chelsea or City player would do. But there it is, he is very resistant to hearing it and falls back on the argument that even a slight doubt deserves a flag in order to protect unwitting managers from making bad transfer decisions.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Sanchez who is heading for the glorious 3rd rise.
Those rises are really going to bite me in the arse when I feel I need to have him from GW18 and onwards.
Sorry to hear that Joccki; bet it won't hurt as much as buying back Costa at £1.1M more than I paid for the arrogant sod the first time round :?

He was supposed to get a ban and then carry on in the same vein; you know Leopards, spots and all that swadling.....

A reformed Costa, stop the world, I wanna get off!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:Well, FFS may claim that FPL use other resources and that FFS have no direct control, but I think I'd struggle to find mainstream examples of a player being flagged or unflagged without an accompanying tweet from FFS.

Perhaps FPL just read the same news sources but all that controversy around the international injuries and flags seemed to originate from dubious official sources yet still ended up with flagging after FFS reported the players as doubtful.

There's definitely a synergy between the two and I'd actually be quite surprised if FPL use any source other that FFS. I'm not saying FFS deliberately mislead, but I think the onus is squarely on them to get the flagging as accurate as possible since it clearly is used heavily, if not solely, by FPL.
Yeah, I don't doubt that FFS send regular updates to FPL as a courtousy, but I seem to remember something like Mark recently saying "I know we’re a source they've use for at least six seasons" so at least it doesn't seem to be an official link.

I wouldn't blame FPL if they did decide to just lean very heavily on FFS to be honest - it's one of the most up to date sources of consistent FPL-related news out there (if not the best). It's clearly FFS' responsibility to pass on all the info they come across to their community - the problem seems to be in the lack of subtlety in the flags in the game as a whole, where FPL get passed a tweet (be it by FFS or whoever) and rush to a 75% yellow flag. I'm fully in agreement with your suggestion for a much more thorough flagging system with a 90% flags that doesn't affect NTIs, for example. :D

I don't really understand RNZ's comment that Mark 'as good as admitted' that he advises them - as if it's some sort of nefarious conspiracy theory that is being hidden - Mark either says he is advising them or he doesn't and I'm sure if he was asked straight up he'd give a transparent answer.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Maybe FISO should register its own twitter feed to compete against FFS twitter feed. Let's see if we are able to replace FFS as the leading FPL-related information source. If so, then we could manipulate flags the way we want.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Charlie Austin

Post by Mav3rick »

eff price drops - [Austin] 99% to a drop now.

Would like time to think, and address issues next week with different information but again I'm being forced into moves I don't want to do. I'm considering if this kind of FPL (where price changes are king) is something I want to play in future.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:eff price drops - 99% to a drop now.

Would like time to think, and address issues next week with different information but again I'm being forced into moves I don't want to do. I'm considering if this kind of FPL (where price changes are king) is something I want to play in future.
It's an adjustment you can assimilate with ease IMHI. Bit of a bigger it's not apparent until mid seasoning and a shame FPL towers can't give us the heads up but hey-ho. It makes taking hits more likely and I wonder how good or bad that is?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:eff price drops - 99% to a drop now.

It's an adjustment you can assimilate with ease IMHI. Bit of a bigger it's not apparent until mid seasoning and a shame FPL towers can't give us the heads up but hey-ho. It makes taking hits more likely and I wonder how good or bad that is?
I understand the adjustments and strategically I can see what to do and what advantages there are to be had, but it's just unbalanced (to me anyway) at the moment. I'm not sure that I want to play a markets game with a football element.

I don't know, maybe I just feel annoyed with myself that I'm backed into a corner right now. The aggressive falls have advantages, but right now you just have no option to give it a week and see what happens as you'll lose 0.3.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”