To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Re: Price changes

Post by Weisenwolf »

I still have him and although he's blanked for 2 weeks he did well before that. The problem he faces are the Arsenal & Liverpool alternatives, along with KDB, Ali who looks like his mojo may be back and so on. Midfield is the on fire position. Ice he bombs whether his price collapses will depend on how the likes of those other mids perform.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The easy drops on existing profits are an interesting dynamic this year. It seems like the best way to protect team value isn't so much to jump on bandwagons as making sure you sell players at the right time. Ibra, Hazard, Antonio all have had their profits collapse and even players like Capoue are potentially doing the same.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Mav3rick wrote:The easy drops on existing profits are an interesting dynamic this year. It seems like the best way to protect team value isn't so much to jump on bandwagons as making sure you sell players at the right time. Ibra, Hazard, Antonio all have had their profits collapse and even players like Capoue are potentially doing the same.
Yes I know all about that from having Ibra only for his recent two home games. Before that, since the start of the season, his price had gradually crept up, then within 2 GWs it was back to his starting price, and now below that. It does seem a bit 'wrong' - that if a player does a little bit more than nothing from the start then his price stays the same, but if he has a couple of spectacular weeks then goes back to doing a little more than nothing, his price will tumble. :?

Quite few movers last night, but unfortunately nothing that us wildcarders can cash in on. Could have done with Kos or Holebas rising again, but that was never likely. With Sterling not falling, I'm now feeling tempted to take Coutinho or Firminho instead of him... (already have Milner for Liv and Aguero for City. Can't strectch to KdB at this point obviously).

Arne88
Kevin and Perry

Post by Arne88 »

I bought Son October 2, but I'm not sure how much I paid for him. Current price is 7,7 I can sell him for 7,6. Not sure if I paid 7,6 for him and I would like to sell for profit. Anyone know where I can find the data?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Arne88 wrote:I bought Son October 2, but I'm not sure how much I paid for him. Current price is 7,7 I can sell him for 7,6. Not sure if I paid 7,6 for him and I would like to sell for profit. Anyone know where I can find the data?

Go onto official web site and then the transfer page. From there select data view

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:The easy drops on existing profits are an interesting dynamic this year. It seems like the best way to protect team value isn't so much to jump on bandwagons as making sure you sell players at the right time. Ibra, Hazard, Antonio all have had their profits collapse and even players like Capoue are potentially doing the same.
It may be an attempt to arrest hyperinflation that can hamstring a lot of casual players who don't monitor prices, find themselves with insufficient TV half way through the season to enjoy playing and give up. Dormant teams don't help the game so it's a good objective; whether this is the way to do it in not sure.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Weisenwolf wrote:
It may be an attempt to arrest hyperinflation that can hamstring a lot of casual players who don't monitor prices, find themselves with insufficient TV half way through the season to enjoy playing and give up. Dormant teams don't help the game so it's a good objective; whether this is the way to do it in not sure.
I quite like it to be honest. It stops you from thinking you're "stuck" with players who have risen a lot, but it could also just be a symptom of the type of season we've had so far, with desirable players changing from week-to-week causing fluctuations. Last year it seemed you just picked the bandwagon and held them forever.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

It feels like price is now therefore a less important component of the game. Come spring, there will be plenty of good players who are still (or once again) affordable.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I think you are both right; players who are injured or have a barren patch plunge in value so when they are fit or hit form they are value to buy. It'll make taking hits more common which will make decision making interesting and may reward those who put the effort in. That said I'm putting quite a bit of effort in and getting nowhere this season. I've made far less considered decisions in the past and got a better outcome.

Also the point about being stuck with players. I have Aguero, Costa & Lukaku and for that very reason I don't feel I can sell one of them and bolster my mids which has meant no Liverlove which is costing me.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Weisenwolf wrote:That said I'm putting quite a bit of effort in and getting nowhere this season. I've made far less considered decisions in the past and got a better outcome.
Likewise. I don't know if that's just the luck of how this season is panning out, or if something has changed in either the FPL game, or football itself. But it's more difficult this year than last year, and was more difficult last year than the seasons before, to rely on any sensible rationale to work out over 38 GWs. Well that's how I feel anyway.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I agree: the lack of reliable keepers & defenders is a newer development, there are more goals coming from mids and less from strikers and the almost universal use of wingbacks and the universal use of big centre backs for set pieces is making the scoring so much more random. In the old days if you team got 2 or 3 goals they would have probably been scored by a target man or at least a forward. That's no longer the case in an ever increasing number of teams. Arsenal and now I would say Liverpool don't even bother having true strikers.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Sterling dropped overnight, I know it was half expected, but still annoying as he's yet to play.

Not that I could have moved on him anyway because of Leighton "he will be fine next week" Baines :lol:

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Mav3rick wrote:Sterling dropped overnight, I know it was half expected, but still annoying as he's yet to play.

Not that I could have moved on him anyway because of Leighton "he will be fine next week" Baines :lol:
Lovely news just as I'm about to bring him in next 4 fixtures are great

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I wouldn't have thought the Sterling drop would be bad news for anyone:

those looking to bring him in now get him cheaper, and those with him were not planning to sell him anyway (were they?) so it doesn't matter

City's fixtures are as good as anybody's for the rest of the year and he has arguably been their best player this season, unless he loses his place I'll be bringing him in and I'd expect him to be a very popular pick over the coming weeks.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Mav3rick wrote:Sterling dropped overnight, I know it was half expected, but still annoying as he's yet to play.

There was probably a late surge of Sterling :arrow: Coutinho transfers late last night that triggered the drop.

I found it a bit odd that Sterling, who scored 2 points last week, had NTO's all week and dropped, and KDB, who scored 0 points last week, had NTI's all week and rose.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I've already got him but I would still rather he hadn't dropped. Can't understand selling before he's played, be nice if he scored well now :twisted:

Added after the Sunday games:

Well I look a plum now dont I ? :oops:

Well the City mids & strikers are dropping but the Arsenal lads are still making modest gains, Walcott pretty strident gains.

Obviously the Liverpool lot are marching upwards, Coitinho at the fastest pace indeed he may rise tonight.

Costa and Lukaku also rising pretty quick too.

Allen still rising as are Kos & Holebas.

Hazard falling which surprised me; I think he had a good game.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Coutinho & Walcott over the line so may rise

Costa & Lukaku not far away either.

No imminent significant FISO drops as yet. City are dropping consistently but only Fernandinho & Kolorov are likely to drop any time soon. Who cares :D

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

By the way, Hazard isn't falling, he's rising fairly significantly. The website seems to be a couple of hours behind when giving the hourly % moves. ;)

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Anyone else noticed PvA's price (non-)changes? Seems like every week, his % to drop gets to 10 or 20 or 30 or so, then he gets a flag, then a couple of days later it's removed and he's ready to play again. It is kinda handy, because there's always something more important for me to deal with than the PvA transfer, but if it looked like his price was actually going to fall I'd probably have to do something about it...
Current ownership of 4.5%, season's NTI of ~-47000 and still a rock solid 5.0mil.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Snodgrass dropped ffs. Got nobody but myself to blame. Recent events have shown you shouldn´t take the risk when Fplstats has the players at -80%. Absolutely fuming though. What a horror transfer on my behalf.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Who else dropped. I was 100% sure I checked FPLstats and there was nobody on my team dropping, but sure I've dropped .1.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

icefish wrote:Snodgrass dropped ffs. Got nobody but myself to blame. Recent events have shown you shouldn´t take the risk when Fplstats has the players at -80%. Absolutely fuming though. What a horror transfer on my behalf.
WHAT?!
my god, i checked fpl 7 times last night and he was at -80.7% at 00:40am!

lost 0.1 on Snodgrass and 0.1 on Capoue this week, awesome...

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Owsler wrote:Who else dropped. I was 100% sure I checked FPLstats and there was nobody on my team dropping, but sure I've dropped .1.
Aguerooooooooo

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

By it's own admission at the top the webpage, price fall accuracy is currently nowhere near as good as price rise accuracy (78% v 94%). If my memory serves me correctly, that relationship is pretty much in line with previous years, i.e. everyone finds it easier to predict risers than fallers. So yes, anyone over 80% towards a fall should be considered at risk, and in such cases it's probably worth looking at FISO's CTC to see whether the actual NTOs feel significant (might help, might not).

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Aguero's fall is particularly interesting - I'm not sure how close it was last night, but if there is a big Fri/Sat transfer rush, I guess it's conceivable that he could fall again tomorrow, particularly if he blanks against West Brom, and if so then it's almost certain that the second fall wouldn't have been achieved so quickly if he'd not fallen last night...
EDIT: Though with Middlesbrough at home up next, as long as he starts tomorrow, anyone would surely have to be insane to remove him even if he does blank against West Brom.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Why is Clyne's delta reset?! Yesterday he was just about 5,000 transfers shy of a rise, today it's 64,361. All numbers from FPL Statistics.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Finisher1 wrote:Why is Clyne's delta reset?! Yesterday he was just about 5,000 transfers shy of a rise, today it's 64,361. All numbers from FPL Statistics.
Can't see the wood for the trees, Finisher1? :lol:

Ironic that such attention to detail is making you miss the big picture - Clyne (surprisingly) rose in price.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:Why is Clyne's delta reset?! Yesterday he was just about 5,000 transfers shy of a rise, today it's 64,361. All numbers from FPL Statistics.
Can't see the wood for the trees, Finisher1? :lol:

Ironic that such attention to detail is making you miss the big picture - Clyne (surprisingly) rose in price.
All right yes :lol:

I usually check the price changes as the first thing in the morning, but not this time. Well that was a very surprising rise.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Pieters rising from around 85% I think. There have been a few surprises recently, it looks like you should get on players earlier if the budget is tight.

Ibra dropped again too.

Stones avoided a drop in the end and is rising again now.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

scarletjim wrote:Aguero's fall is particularly interesting - I'm not sure how close it was last night, but if there is a big Fri/Sat transfer rush, I guess it's conceivable that he could fall again tomorrow, particularly if he blanks against West Brom, and if so then it's almost certain that the second fall wouldn't have been achieved so quickly if he'd not fallen last night...
EDIT: Though with Middlesbrough at home up next, as long as he starts tomorrow, anyone would surely have to be insane to remove him even if he does blank against West Brom.
Well, he didn't blank
3390 NTI this morning already (3rd after Gundo 5.8k & Coutinho 4.9k)
around 15% for a rise both on CTC and FFFix, 30% on FPLS

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”