To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Re: Price changes

Post by TheoRiginal »

Relevant International Break casualties so far: Jagielka, Allen and Bellerin

[I don't count those who never even got to the pre-break bonding meal, like Johnson, whose actual unfitness might be questioned.]

PS I also think that anyone considering taking a punt on Enner Valencia should Lukaku injure himself tonight might want to think twice: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37589515

Dajiba
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dajiba »

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Lukaku injured?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I'm confused, the last few posts don't seem to have anything to do with FPL Price Changes, well only in the tenuous sense of injury impacts on prices - but by that logic, all matches, performances etc impact price changes. Have these posts got onto the wrong thread due to a system glitch or something?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The price changes have obviously slowed to a trickle for now in the midst of the break, I just think there's not much to talk about so the discussion is diverging a bit.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mkhitaryan down to 8.9. That's six price drops in seven gameweeks :shock:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Joccki_10 wrote:Mkhitaryan down to 8.9. That's six price drops in seven gameweeks :shock:
you'd think everyone would get rid by week 3 :shock:

8.9 is a lot for your 5th mid :lol:

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

gallus wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Mkhitaryan down to 8.9. That's six price drops in seven gameweeks :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Or perhaps waiting on. Till Jose is sacked, and Mkhi starts playing at #10.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Pickford's NTIs have been reset, after never having had an injury, and it looks like Aguero and Lukaku will go the same way, probably Sterling, Clyne and Lovren too.

I believe that it is FFS who cause the flagging, and they need to stop flagging players like this, it's ridiculous and it has a demonstrable effect on the game. At least in an international week, I can't see why they can't wait until the press conferences before PL games before flagging players. I've said before, when players like RVP and Pedro have been denied valid price alterations due to flag changes based on nothing, that FFS are exposed to price change market manipulation.

What's the downside of waiting? That a foolish casual makes an early transfer in of an injured player? While what's happening now is that foolish casuals are transferring out un-injured players and FFS are causing NTI resets deliberately.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

baganboy wrote:
gallus wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Or perhaps waiting on. Till Jose is sacked, and Mkhi starts playing at #10.
Maybe some dead teams are back alive. :)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Price changes

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:Pickford's NTIs have been reset, after never having had an injury, and it looks like Aguero and Lukaku will go the same way, probably Sterling, Clyne and Lovren too.

I believe that it is FFS who cause the flagging, and they need to stop flagging players like this, it's ridiculous and it has a demonstrable effect on the game. At least in an international week, I can't see why they can't wait until the press conferences before PL games before flagging players. I've said before, when players like RVP and Pedro have been denied valid price alterations due to flag changes based on nothing, that FFS are exposed to price change market manipulation.

What's the downside of waiting? That a foolish casual makes an early transfer in of an injured player? While what's happening now is that foolish casuals are transferring out un-injured players and FFS are causing NTI resets deliberately.
I think you can argue about that.

On one hand flagging players early is good so managers know there might be something wrong with the player. If you are having doubts about transferring him out, you can do some research about the severity of the situation. If you decide not to do that but still make a change and later it seems the player isn't or maybe even wasn't injured, you could say it is partly your own fault.

On the other hand the downside of waiting is probably what you say it is. It's more likely you do research about flagged players you already got (with the intention to transfer him out or not) than you do research about unflagged players you do not own (with the intention to get him into your team). If someone gets an unflagged Agüero/Lukaku and it appears he got injured before the transfer, you could say the manager is "fooled".

And yes, those "foolish" transfers in and out do affect these price changes.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Not sure why FPL use flags to affect NTI. surely players price can just change in the usual way if they get an injury.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They do, it is the protection afterwards which is the problem.....

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Joccki_10 wrote: And yes, those "foolish" transfers in and out do affect these price changes.
It's not the lack or not of research (or the aiding of casuals) that is my gripe (flag or not they could make a mistake by not checking it out) it's that false (or at least tenuous) information is being fed through and that it can wipe out weeks of previous behaviour. It's a system that is not transparent and it looks pretty arbitrary to me at times.

If there was at least a rule somewhere that said "we will flag a player when..." that would be fine but at the moment it looks like Ben Dinnery could post a tweet and get a player's NTI reset (if I had the power I definitely would so I hope Mr Dinnery is not an easily corruptible FPL manager like me :lol:).

It would just be a lot clearer if flags only occur on official club statements of doubt, not on the say so of newspapers or tweets with varying degrees of respectability.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 10 Oct 2016, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

blahblah wrote:They do, it is the protection afterwards which is the problem.....
That was my point - protection discounts the NTI. Just don't see why it should exist.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

hancockjr wrote:
blahblah wrote:They do, it is the protection afterwards which is the problem.....
That was my point - protection discounts the NTI. Just don't see why it should exist.
Perhaps if the reset went away that would be the best solution. If a doubtful player is at -95% due to his flag, is it really fair to reset it to 0 once the NTIs begin again? Probably not.

Either leave the market forces in play, stop over-flagging or give us a transparent set of rules that lead to a flag, it's the combination of factors that I find unfortunate.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Wijnaldum has just pulled his hamstring. Is he flagged yet? :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hancockjr wrote:
No, afaik it's flag clearing which resets NTI (and thus target baseline too)
regardless protection (only occurring in a subset of cases)

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

MoSe wrote:
hancockjr wrote:
No, afaik it's flag clearing which resets NTI (and thus target baseline too)
regardless protection (only occurring in a subset of cases)
It doesn't matter what the precise rules are, the point is they should let market forces push players up or down whether injured or not.

Whilst I'm at it I'll have another one - why don't FPL have as one of their stats "% towards rise/fall". What's the point in making people guess algorithms etc - just show where they are in relation to a move (and let people know the rules/mechanism) - would help the casual player, which they seem to want.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Man.. Pickford greenflagged, and the man that have been on 90-95% for over an week is back to 0%....

I wanted that shitty buffer.

They gotta fix that stupid rule for sure, same with Smith. Everyone knew he was gonna play the next match. Why eff flag him?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I agree with the general feeling above; it would be better to leave it all o market forces.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Fair few price changes last night, so transfer activity must be picking up again.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Price changes 13/10/2016

Name Change FFF Accuracy
Son 0.1 m 100.00%
Firmino 0.1 m 79.30%
Antonio -0.1 m 75.4 %
Rooney -0.1 m 77.5 %
Souaré -0.1 m 80.7 %

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Some drops there at quite low levels. Could do with Baines/Clyne getting unflagged in case they drop unexpectedly too.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote:Some drops there at quite low levels. Could do with Baines/Clyne getting unflagged in case they drop unexpectedly too.
Was thinking this myself! For all the gains I've had wiped away so far this season by hasty flagging leading to mass selling, this is one where count-to-zero on unflagging would work in my favour. But i think it's probably a vain hope, from where we are now.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Mr Clarinet wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Some drops there at quite low levels. Could do with Baines/Clyne getting unflagged in case they drop unexpectedly too.
Was thinking this myself! For all the gains I've had wiped away so far this season by hasty flagging leading to mass selling, this is one where count-to-zero on unflagging would work in my favour. But i think it's probably a vain hope, from where we are now.
Ask and ye shall receive - Baines unflagged, NTO reset. Lukaku too.

Clyne still flagged despite reportedly training this week :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:

They should unflag Clyne or Lovren too so I can bring one of them in.

But actually I'm not sure if their NTO would be reset if they were unflagged? I really don't know how this stupid rule works.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It's weird, they only seem to unflag on official club statements, but will flag when any (relatively reputable?) media source publishes a story.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:

I hadn't clocked this elsewhere, so thanks!
Good luck with Clyne!

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Name Change FFF Accuracy
Christian Benteke 0.1 m 85.40%
Yacob -0.1 m 92.7 %
Leko -0.1 m 87.3 %
Carroll -0.1 m 42.1 %
Moreno -0.1 m 74.9 %
Wickham -0.1 m 77.5 %