To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Price changes

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:I've been trying to work out whether I should do an early transfer for a couple of hours now and, with most of two bottles of Pinot Grigio meandering through my veines, I've decided on masterly inactivity 8-)
coward :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be brave and not move until after the replay.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

What early transfer were you thinking? Maybe it's something obvious I missed but your team is decent for next week with Sanchez and Ibra to come back, Grant with a potential DGW, and you have enough money to go Lukaku to Aguero if you so wish. You certainly don't need to do anything tonight.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Wow the wine was right :shock: :lol:

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Weisenwolf wrote:Wow the wine was right :shock: :lol:
"In vino veritas."

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Sunday

Price rise from 11.2 to 11.3 Harry Kane
Price rise from 9.9 to 10.0 Romelu Lukaku
Price rise from 7.5 to 7.6 Gylfi Sigurdsson
Price rise from 6.5 to 6.6 Manolo Gabbiadini
Price rise from 5.1 to 5.2 Gareth McAuley

Price fall from 11.7 to 11.6 Alexis Sánchez
Price fall from 8.9 to 8.8 Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Price fall from 7.4 to 7.3 Theo Walcott
Price fall from 6.3 to 6.2 Laurent Koscielny
Price fall from 4.9 to 4.8 Dejan Lovren

Today

Price rise from 5.3 to 5.4 Joshua King

Price fall from 9.1 to 9.0 Gabriel Fernando de Jesus
Price fall from 6.3 to 6.2 Andy Carroll

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Hmm could really do with Lovren coming back into Liverpool's starting line up in time for GW28 and stop falling in price!

nigeljdean
Wideboy

Post by nigeljdean »

Finisher1 wrote:
Stemania wrote:I would imagine that the blanks have meant more wildcards have been played - or at least, the wildcard out/in transfers will have been more polarised towards to the same players. That could well explain the overestimation of the price prediction sites for Siggy/Sanchez etc.

In fact, that's basically what FPLS does if wrong on a price rise I think - increase the wildcard percentage ratio for that player to try to correct the next prediction - with FFFix appearing to basically just leave the 'incorrect' wildcard percentage in place even if a player doesn't rise.
You can say whatever you want, but the fact is five consecutive nights without any price changes is something we have never seen before. Something strange is going on, either it's broken or they have changed rules (maybe GW28 blankers are all protected or something).
Hmmm!!! - That hadn't occurred to me. i.e. players without matches are protected. It's worth considering further.

Re: "what fpls does" - All it does is i) if the a player did not rise or fall overnight but was predicted to change then the threshold (i.e. the correlation function that predicted the current wild cards in use for that player) must be wrong for that player. ii) so the system initially implements an increased threshold for each of the four prediction algorithms and sets a temporary Tar% value, iii) over the new few hours the system searches the correlation functions for a new solution and ultimately provides a new solution and a revised set of thresholds (this takes a few hours and occasional gets stuck (usually in a local minima / maxima).

My initial thoughts regarding last weeks period of nil price changes was that the person who allows price changes to occur was on holiday (this has happened before, e.g. new years parties). However, this didn't make sense when Gabbiadini and Sanchez failed to change when the price changes resumed.

Protection for blanks is a definite possibility. For the last two seasons they had a rule that protected players when exceedingly large transfer rates were experienced. That rule appears to have been removed this season.

However, if Gabbiadini fails to rise tonight then maybe its a rule that affects only players called 'Gabbiadini'!!!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Fantastic to hear your insight Nigel. Many thanks for popping by again. :D

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

seconded :D
____
last nite city frenzy

Price rise from 12.7 to 12.8 Sergio Agüero
Price rise from 7.8 to 7.9 Raheem Sterling
Price rise from 7.5 to 7.6 Leroy Sané
Price rise from 4.5 to 4.6 Alfie Mawson

Price fall from 10.7 to 10.6 Diego Da Silva Costa
Price fall from 5.5 to 5.4 Benik Afobe
Price fall from 4.8 to 4.7 Phil Jones
Price fall from 4.6 to 4.5 Ragnar Klavan
Price fall from 4.5 to 4.4 Antonio Barragán

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Aguero and sterling look good for another rise tonight.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Aguero on 70% and Sterling 60%

Another rise tonight would be cushty.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

And with many of the sacrificial lambs also falling, I might even make a profit on my transfers this week ;)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I've got six out of those eight players likely to rise tonight according to FFFix. :shock:

And by the way, Hazard is dropping like a stone... His first drop doesn't even bother me and still I'm thinking about shifting him for a GW28 player to fund Barnes to Llorente for a -8. Crazy. :lol:

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

cesc408 wrote:Aguero on 70% and Sterling 60%

Another rise tonight would be cushty.
They'll definitely rise tonight, so many people will log on over the next few hours and bring them in.

I wouldn't put another rise tomorrow past them either - think plenty will make Saturday morning changes, see the DGW, do the obvious.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Believers: almost 600,000 transfers in so far this week for City players (including ~900 for Jesus).

Non-believers: almost 90,000 transfers out so far this week for City players (including ~3000 for Agüero)

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No double rise. Hmmmmmm

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

cesc408 wrote:No double rise. Hmmmmmm
FPL Towers have absolutely stepped in to add extra to the delta I guess to help out the Saturday morning mob

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Problem is, there's going to be loads shipping them out by tonight as they don't have a game. Possibly won't see a double rise from the likes of Aguero now - but then it allows ample time for transfers; waiting until all the Prem games are finished.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

The worry for me as a potential Aguero holder till GW29 at the least, is because of this lack of price change and a load of "lost" transfers, will his sell price after GW29 be even lower than his buy price, if the majority of his buyers get rid? I hope FPL steps in for the price decrease as well!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

FPLS has Aggy at +317% :shock:

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Weisenwolf wrote:FPLS has Aggy at +317% :shock:
Must have only just missed that rise last night, have a feeling a few wildcards might have been played by those who were completely surprised by the DGW.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Yea shame; that would have helped

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

what's wrong with fpl stats? :/

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

F'ing ridiculous that Aguero and Sterling didn't get their second rise.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Could it be this suspected protection thing, because they don't have a game this week?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

BobMem wrote:Could it be this suspected protection thing, because they don't have a game this week?
I think they dropped below the price rise thresholds last night due to NTOs. They had to rise on Saturday morning really, although I was surprised that Aguero at least didn't make that mark.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
BobMem wrote:Could it be this suspected protection thing, because they don't have a game this week?
I think they dropped below the price rise thresholds last night due to NTOs. They had to rise on Saturday morning really, although I was surprised that Aguero at least didn't make that mark.
I think you are wrong. Yes, they gathered NTO after the deadline, but a way more NTI before it. So, in total they had a significant NTI from yesterday. It's really surprising they didn't rise last night.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Paulista wrote:F'ing ridiculous that Aguero and Sterling didn't get their second rise.
They will after all the idiots start transferring them in this week before their blank game dawns upon them.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Bob Newhart wrote:
Paulista wrote:F'ing ridiculous that Aguero and Sterling didn't get their second rise.
They will after all the idiots start transferring them in this week before their blank game dawns upon them.
I'm not sure about that, they are currently 3rd and 4th most transferred player out in the last hour.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Meanwhile, transfers in for Harry Kané (for a blank GW28) seem to be rocketing... what am I missing?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”