To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Price changes

Post by Finisher1 »

As a huge team value fan, I'm looking forward to see how the price changes work this season. Given that there were no rule changes at all I'd expect price changes are similar to last season, but that is just a guess because price change formula is secret.

It's interesting that Coutinho didn't rise last night, even though he was definitely due to rise according to FPL Statistics. I remember last season the first price changes happened in the morning instead of night, so I wonder if this is the case again and we see him rising later today, or have they actually changed the price change formula?

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Re: Price changes

Post by bulgarche »

Jakupovic, Kingsley, McAuley, Redmond, Capoue, Negredo and Diomande shoul be 0.1 more expensive. I think there is a change in the formula.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Price changes

Post by Finisher1 »

bulgarche wrote:Jakupovic, Kingsley, McAuley, Redmond, Capoue, Negredo and Diomande shoul be 0.1 more expensive. I think there is a change in the formula.
Either there is a change in formula or the first update is happening later in the morning or midday. That happened last season too.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

coutinho may go up by more than .1M

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Weisenwolf wrote:coutinho may go up by more than .1M
I think it's very unlikely unless there is an update this morning/midday.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

I am actually on wildcard and brought all the "most transferred in(round)" players. Hope will win some extra cash :)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Coutinho has not risen at all yet, according to FPLstatistics he should have risen 0.1m by now and on his way to 0.2m.

Have they changed it this season?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Coutinho has not risen at all yet, according to FPLstatistics he should have risen 0.1m by now and on his way to 0.2m.

Well that is what we have been discussing in the previous posts.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Must have done or a glitch

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Or locked for GW1?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Coutinho has not risen at all yet, according to FPLstatistics he should have risen 0.1m by now and on his way to 0.2m.

Well that is what we have been discussing in the previous posts.
Where?

Wouldn't mind having a read.

Doesn't seem Negredo or Kingsleys has changed either. The other 2 predicted to rise. Perhaps 24 hours has to lapse after the last fixture to allow people time, which makes reasonable sense.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: Where?
Here:
Finisher1 wrote:As a huge team value fan, I'm looking forward to see how the price changes work this season. Given that there were no rule changes at all I'd expect price changes are similar to last season, but that is just a guess because price change formula is secret.

It's interesting that Coutinho didn't rise last night, even though he was definitely due to rise according to FPL Statistics. I remember last season the first price changes happened in the morning instead of night, so I wonder if this is the case again and we see him rising later today, or have they actually changed the price change formula?
Finisher1 wrote: Either there is a change in formula or the first update is happening later in the morning or midday. That happened last season too.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Unikely to rise 0.2 this week now. 50,922 NTI's already today. I'm still learning about the price rise game, but I believe that the threshold gets reset to zero after the first rise, as opposed to 'extra' NTI's being carried over to the next day.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

If you're going for team value it might also be worth writing down the price you buy a player at.
It was pointed out on FFS by someone that this info is no longer available on the new site layout, and it could be important later if you want to know if a price rise/fall have a influence on your players sale value.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I hope it isn't locked!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Coutinho now down to 107% :shock:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Weisenwolf wrote:Coutinho now down to 107% :shock:
I think FPLS are just adjusting an algorithm. Don't worry, it's not people transferring him out!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

zerinot wrote:If you're going for team value it might also be worth writing down the price you buy a player at.
It was pointed out on FFS by someone that this info is no longer available on the new site layout, and it could be important later if you want to know if a price rise/fall have a influence on your players sale value.
Yes that's a pain, but I think it's solvable as the info is there just not displayed:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=113453&p=2930488#p2930488

Hoping nick can add it to his script.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I highly doubt they have locked prices.

They probably have a new method for price risings and drops and are ironing things out first GW.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
zerinot wrote:If you're going for team value it might also be worth writing down the price you buy a player at.
Yes that's a pain, but I think it's solvable as the info is there just not displayed:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=113453&p=2930488#p2930488

Hoping nick can add it to his script.
I suppose we have several sites keeping up the list of daily price changes, so it doesn't matter too much if you don't write it down.

Thanks for the information though, of course if you want to be 100% sure then it's good to write it down.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote:I highly doubt they have locked prices.

They probably have a new method for price risings and drops and are ironing things out first GW.
Which is why they could be locked.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote:

I'm going with my 24 - 48 hours after the last fixture prediction.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
blahblah wrote:

I'm going with my 24 - 48 hours after the last fixture prediction.
Well that would be something new.

Wyld
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 25th in the old BBC comp, perpetual mini-league champion...er, that is it

Post by Wyld »

Anyone who works with the development of websites already knows what's going on behind the scenes with the development team ... presumably the price rises have been delayed while sorting out the other 500 bugs introduced by switching to a new design. Some young frontend guy is working 24 hr days while a bunch of "pointing-haired managers" are shouting at him down their phones at the golf club to code faster....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Wyld wrote:Anyone who works with the development of websites already knows what's going on behind the scenes with the development team ... presumably the price rises have been delayed while sorting out the other 500 bugs introduced by switching to a new design. Some young frontend guy is working 24 hr days while a bunch of "pointing-haired managers" are shouting at him down their phones at the golf club to code faster....
Yep, and they didn't bother doing traffic testing last month.....

Why should they, when they can do it in the first week? :roll:

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

It is causing quite the problem for me. I cannot afford to lose the .1 on Vardy's drop but there is hope this will not be sorted out before Fridays deadline. I think I am playing with fire though and just need to dump him vs a depleted Arsenal defence that cannot be very confident after that shelling. Why so many fools dumping him! :evil:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ctibbits wrote:It is causing quite the problem for me. I cannot afford to lose the .1 on Vardy's drop but there is hope this will not be sorted out before Fridays deadline. I think I am playing with fire though and just need to dump him vs a depleted Arsenal defence that cannot be very confident after that shelling. Why so many fools dumping him! :evil:
Why are you so scared? He is only -31.9% according to FPL Statistics. I know we are not aware of possible changes in formula, but according to last season's formula he is nowhere near of dropping.

I take my odds and happily keep him in my team.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

bulgarche wrote:Jakupovic, Kingsley, McAuley, Redmond, Capoue, Negredo and Diomande shoul be 0.1 more expensive. I think there is a change in the formula.
Kingsley, Coutinho & Negredo maybe - they rest are aways off IMHO.

Apache
Treebeard

Post by Apache »

CTC.png
According to crack the code nobody is close to the 100% target needed for their price to rise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Kingsley,Negredo,Coutinho for sure tonight

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”