To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Re: Price changes

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Football Hero wrote:Silva has never been a player that shoots that much though. Unlike a player like Sanchez who is firing in shots from wide angles or from just outside the box, Silva is always looking to thread through that cute little pass in those types of situations. I don't think Silva has a particularly powerful shot either, he's more of a soft, accuracy-based placer of the ball, rather than someone that lashes away at the ball as they strike it hard towards goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dMH8yuByn0

Just reminded me of this!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Currently likely to drop overnight include:

Mikki to £9.2M
Willian to £7.4M
Origi to £6.8M
Firmino to £8.4M
Siggy to £7.4M
Erikson to £8.4M

Closest to a rise (their first) are Wanyama, Jakupovic & Amat, all at 99.9% and theoretically requiring no more than another 60 NTI. That said Jak & Amat have been in that vicinity for 3 days now without making it over the line so I guess it could just be Wanyama :? Or nobody :lol:

Of interest tomorrow, Friday and Saturday morning is whether some other notables may rise. Currently:

Sterling 93.7% (to £8.1M)
Mirallas 87.9% (to £6.6M)
Aguero 75.7% (to £13.2M)
Negredo 71.7% (to £6.8M)

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

will be curious to see how close Ibra gets to a third rise (11% atm)

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

wizardoffire wrote:will be curious to see how close Ibra gets to a third rise (11% atm)
Hopefully he just gets to 33% or so this week, and that will then mean a more efficient price rise for him once we go through the GW3 deadline.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

mikhatarian will be an absolute bargain when he settles in and gets a start or two.

there's some real value in these price drops if you can pick your moment i reckon.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ibra going again is seriously unlikely; those that didnt have him and can shoe horn him in have done so; there will be some whomwill do it with hits or a WC but most won't unless he's rampant. If he does well again he may go up again next week.

You never know though....
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 25 Aug 2016, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:
wizardoffire wrote:will be curious to see how close Ibra gets to a third rise (11% atm)
Hopefully he just gets to 33% or so this week, and that will then mean a more efficient price rise for him once we go through the GW3 deadline.
He's already risen twice so come the deadline all those transfers in will be lost and he's back to 0%

Sorry

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote:mikhatarian will be an absolute bargain when he settles in and gets a start or two.

there's some real value in these price drops if you can pick your moment i reckon.
Me too; just concerned that he appears to be third fiddle to Lingard & Mata at the moment.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
He's already risen twice so come the deadline all those transfers in will be lost and he's back to 0%

Sorry
Is that right ? Not sure it is as all the sites for price increases don't go back to 0%

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

fantasyfaz wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:

Sorry
Is that right ? Not sure it is as all the sites for price increases don't go back to 0%
The price change mechanisms are explained in detail here. Some of the rules might be a bit out of date, but the general concepts should be the same. Also, if the rules are a bit out of date, then it would be good to have an updated and central list rather than us quoting and re-quoting mis-information in other threads.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Transfers get reset when price changes, targets get reset at GW deadline.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but how do people think the price changes compare to previous seasons? The drops seem fairly harsh to me, but I can't quite remember the beginning of last season well enough to know if this is particularly different.

nigeljdean
Wideboy

Post by nigeljdean »

MPTree wrote:Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but how do people think the price changes compare to previous seasons? The drops seem fairly harsh to me, but I can't quite remember the beginning of last season well enough to know if this is particularly different.
Exactly the same as last season. The system is biased towards drops rather than rises. Other time the volume of drops will fall dependent on the number of active teams.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:Currently likely to drop overnight include:

Mikki to £9.2M
Willian to £7.4M
Origi to £6.8M
Firmino to £8.4M
Siggy to £7.4M
Erikson to £8.4M

Closest to a rise (their first) are Wanyama, Jakupovic & Amat, all at 99.9% and theoretically requiring no more than another 60 NTI. That said Jak & Amat have been in that vicinity for 3 days now without making it over the line so I guess it could just be Wanyama :? Or nobody :lol:

Of interest tomorrow, Friday and Saturday morning is whether some other notables may rise. Currently:

Aguero 75.7% (to £13.2M)
Negredo 71.7% (to £6.8M)
Well it would appear Mikki & Origi didn't drop & nobody experienced a rise at all.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Currently likely to drop overnight include:

Mikki to £9.2M
Willian to £7.4M
Origi to £6.8M
Firmino to £8.4M
Siggy to £7.4M
Erikson to £8.4M

Aguero 75.7% (to £13.2M)
Negredo 71.7% (to £6.8M)
Well it would appear Mikki & Origi didn't drop & nobody experienced a rise at all.
Yay, I love when my players don't get a rise on Thursday so all the Friday transfers are wasted... :roll:

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I can't remember a season where the price drops have been so aggressive in terms of amount of players dropping. Not this early in the season anyways

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yes , can't believe how many dropped last night

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It could just be because of the uncertainty this season with so many new Managers (the ones at the real Prem Clubs, lol) and the Euros, with seemingly more players not starting until even later?

Throw in some untimely injuries and a Tweet or 20, and there are even more.

There could be quite a lot of relevant to FPL transfers in the next week (Zaha to Spurs? WHam get Remy\Bony? etc) and there will be more drops, imho.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I can't remember a season where the price drops have been so aggressive in terms of amount of players dropping. Not this early in the season anyways
eastcentral1 wrote:Yes , can't believe how many dropped last night
blahblah wrote:It could just be because of the uncertainty this season
It's the new normal I think, as was highlighted by someone in the STC thread pre-season:

https://mathematicallysafe.wordpress.co ... -wildcard/

Here's the graph of numbers of price drops and rises from last year, it's basically the same pattern I think:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well at least if one of them does get a place later they will be cheap...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I kinda read that, but it was a bit wordy for my needs. However, the principle etc is common sense ie loads of players drop early on due to not starting etc as managers move to relatively obvious targets and other punts based on one goal, a defender appearing and getting a CS etc. But when the season is in full flow, then there is a smaller pool of active (real) players, and a smaller pool of them who get good points - which is why FPL Squads\XI's look far more similar at the end of a season than the start.

Should I sell Caballero now, or wait until after this GW?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

After surely...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Well, it's not just about not starting. I think I picked a fairly solid team (131pts), including Foster, Shaw, Evans, Redmond, Hazard, Aguero, Gray, Capoue, Amat. But all you need are a couple of "decent picks gone wrong" and you are getting killed by the price drops. For me: Vardy, Eriksen & Firmino. All have been playing, but no points mean selling en masse. So, even despite a solid team and start, I've just swallowed 2 x 0.1m drops. I am still holding out hope that Eriksen and Firmino will punish the sellers. Furthermore, I just don't have enough info to sell them this GW. Hopefully a bandwagon MF will emerge this weekend and I'll switch Eriksen out.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I love so many drops! It's great news for team value lovers like me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Mkhitaryan dropped again last night, so he's 9.2 now.

I reckon he'll be a popular player to pickup on the wildcard if he starts in the next game or two. Hopefully he will have time to drop to 9.0 before then though!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:Mkhitaryan dropped again last night, so he's 9.2 now.

I reckon he'll be a popular player to pickup on the wildcard if he starts in the next game or two. Hopefully he will have time to drop to 9.0 before then though!
That would be nice. Be even nicer if he plays 90 this weekend and I can swap him for Coitinho.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Coutinho currently +47.1 but with a breaking injury scare on a Friday. Be interesting to see what effect it will have.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well Jaku & Amat missed the price rise again; Wanyama up.

Looks like Sterling is due to go up, don't see the attraction there, modest scores so far and a dodgy run of fixtures looming.

Negredo also heading for another rise and Mirralas too.

And Aguero only 13,500 NTI from another rise.

Should be lots of movement tonight.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Mav3rick wrote:Mkhitaryan dropped again last night, so he's 9.2 now.

The problem is that 9.0 seems good value because he started at 9.5; but even a 9.0 player needs to be nailed on and getting fairly decent points most weeks.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Weisenwolf wrote:Coitinho
It means "small coitus" in Portuguese.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”