To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2016/17

Post by Football Hero »

Omarz14 wrote:Is this the first time in the history of fantasy football that a midfielder scores twice and gets zero bonus??

Oh wait...maybe coz I have Alexis (c). :(
Tell me about it.

I've had Antonio and Sanchez in the last two gameweeks, score two goals in matches where no other player bettered that in goals and assists terms at least, (some players had one goal and one assist), and yet I only got 1 bonus out of a potential 6 bonus.

Still, we have to assume that the BPS system is reasonably fair, and Antonio and Sanchez don't do an awful lot to get BPS that isn't related to goals and assists, (like Costa).

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

So Milner (who got a yellow and conceded the silliest of corners which led to a Hull goal) got more bonus points than Coutinho because he scored 2 pens..hmmm...ok.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

How did Coleman get bonus points for letting in 1 and not doing anything at the other end?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Omarz14 wrote:So Milner (who got a yellow and conceded the silliest of corners which led to a Hull goal) got more bonus points than Coutinho because he scored 2 pens..hmmm...ok.
It doesn't matter how the goals are scored, and FPL does not currently judge players on whether or not they give silly freekicks/corners away.

Arne88
Kevin and Perry

Coutinho no Bonus points?

Post by Arne88 »

Coutinho MoM last game, 2 assist (fr.o.m. Corners) and at least one key pass when he set up Mane on a 1 vs1, I would expect him to get 3 bonus points, but he has not got any? Who got them?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Coutinho no Bonus points?

Post by Paulista »

Arne88 wrote:Who got them?
McCarthur 3
Henderson 2
Moreno 1

Arne88
Kevin and Perry

Post by Arne88 »

What a Joke, 2 assist, at least one key pass, and a good set-up play for the first goal as well. Wow.,

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Doesn't work like that Arne, it's been discussed to death.

I don't see the point in creating an entire post just to vent your frustration and ask a question you can find the answer too on the game website.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Henderson & Moreno made more tackles, lost possession less made more passes or whatever than Coutinho did. Yes he assisted a couple of times but he got 3 points for that and just a small influence on BPs.

Look at Sanchez, eclipse for BPs by Giroud who was only on the pitch for a few minutes! Because Chez runs at the defence he inevitably loses out on BPs because most of the time he loses the ball with costs BP wise. It's not a perfect system but it is a system, totally transparent and generally accurate. It's better than what we had before and you're stuck with it anyway so grasp the nettle and consider whether a player attracts BP or repells when you buy them.

It's actually a good system in some ways since players that don't score or assist (although they often assist the assister) but tackle well & ball carry & pass well and so on (defensive mids are the obvious group) can get BPs and occasionally make a defensive mid an FPL possible pick.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Thread on Coutinho's bonus points merged with existing all-encompassing one.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Wish I could delete my own post lol

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

I wouldn't have expected a Chelsea defender to bag all 3 bps in a home match against WBA. Pulis played 6 at the back!
Anyone explain for those that didnt see? Was Azpi that good?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

redchemist wrote:I wouldn't have expected a Chelsea defender to bag all 3 bps in a home match against WBA. Pulis played 6 at the back!
Nope, he wasn't that good. Pulis only played very defensively in the second half. The first half hour they pressed real good and Chelsea couldn't get out of their own half except with long balls. Chelsea didn't create anything and because Luiz was so, so bad and Alonso wasn't great either, Azpi nailed the bonus again. Would have expected Costa to get 3 with the winning goal though.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Luiz isn't very good at all and I do not understand why he takes free kicks, he never scores, it's rediculous :?

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

redchemist wrote:I wouldn't have expected a Chelsea defender to bag all 3 bps in a home match against WBA. Pulis played 6 at the back!
Azpi has been a bonus magnet for a few years now. I don't know exactly why - never looked at the stats closely. I'll watch the game and think, he was solid, nothing spectacular, and then he'll get 5-10 more bps than any other Chelsea defender. I went with Alonso over Azpi because of potential attacking returns, but Azpi could end up earning more points because of bonus.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Not a moan about bonus points, but about a mistaken identity of booking.

Pieters was booked last week but it was a case of mistaken identity (Martins Indi is also Dutch but they hardly look anything like each other :lol: )

Anyway, the FA have officially switched the booking to Martins Indi, but I assume FPL won't be given this 1 point back?

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... 78749.aspx

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Paulista wrote:Not a moan about bonus points, but about a mistaken identity of booking.

Pieters was booked last week but it was a case of mistaken identity (Martins Indi is also Dutch but they hardly look anything like each other :lol: )

Anyway, the FA have officially switched the booking to Martins Indi, but I assume FPL won't be given this 1 point back?

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... 78749.aspx
My understanding is that the points confirmed for players an hour after the last game that day are then locked in. So any goals awarded or otherwise later, bookings rescinded etc are not retrospectively changed by FPL.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

OMG. what did that pointless specimin Jesus Navas actually do to get 3 BAPS..!!

He got booked, didn't score or assist!

Has to be the strangest / worst ever BAPS ever awarded.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I Am Ville wrote:OMG. what did that pointless specimin Jesus Navas actually do to get 3 BAPS..!!

He got booked, didn't score or assist!

Has to be the strangest / worst ever BAPS ever awarded.
Just came on to post the same. Absolutely bizarre and surely a mistake.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Spotted yesterday, Bertrand was in top BPS slot until he gave away penalty, and then plummeted. Hadn't realised such a thing affected bps.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

FPL GW30 Review: 'He [Mustafi] shared the maximum BP with Jesus Navas who provided 3 key passes and had a 100% tackle success rate.'

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I feel like the system has gotten worse as the seasons progressed. They need to rework it. Sure making tackles and playing a nice ball deserves some points. But not as many as a bloody goal.. they need to sort it out.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2016/17

Post by Billy Bongo »

Joccki_10 wrote:FPL GW30 Review: 'He [Mustafi] shared the maximum BP with Jesus Navas who provided 3 key passes and had a 100% tackle success rate.'
He didn't though, they missed at least two failed tackles, one in the 81st min. Twitter have called it, the Opta guy must have fallen asleep

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I will admit to not really understanding (or caring enough to understand) the ins and outs of the bonus system but how Vertonghen can get a point in that game today just makes no sense to me at all

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Clean sheet + playing more than 60 minutes + 7 clearances/blocks/interceptions + 1 key pass + he made 100 passes, way more than anyone else in the game (Alderwiereld 2nd with 78 passes) with a 93% success rate.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Paulista wrote: ... 1 key pass + he made 100 passes, way more than anyone else in the game (Alderwiereld 2nd with 78 passes) with a 93% success rate.
1 key pass out of 100 passes? Also, how many of those 100 passes were easy back- or sideways passes? Would be easy to get over a 90% success rate for those. Just saying..

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

how the hell didn't sanchez get any points.... :x

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

JLH wrote:how the hell didn't sanchez get any points.... :x
Probably because he didn't do anything tonight except for banging in a free-kick? ;)

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Joccki_10 wrote:
JLH wrote:how the hell didn't sanchez get any points.... :x
Probably because he didn't do anything tonight except for banging in a free-kick? ;)
You didn't watch the game then

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Sanchez style of play isn't suited to the BPS system, it's mostly that he loses out a lot for giving the ball away (being dispossessed when running with it).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”