To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So.. Liverpool

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

If you could only pick one?

Lallana 7.0
2%
Coutinho 8.0
25%
Mane 9.0
35%
Firmino 8.5
37%
Origi 7.0
1%
Sturridge 10.0
No votes

Total votes: 103

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

So.. Liverpool

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

+1) Klopp power, fluid attacking football
+2) No European football

-3) A lot of attacking options

I'm half surprised a topic/poll hasn't been made already on this, without sounding like i'm jumping the gun i already felt Liverpool would be a force offensively this season. Coupled with a great pre season and with the quality of goals (although depleted options at the back) they just smashed past us i'm getting a headache off the back of it as Firmino didn't play a single part in one of the 4 goals.

So, a brief summary on my thoughts of each player..

Firmino 8.5 - Upfront, but for how long? He has competition. Also another point to bare in mind is that he is indeed a false 9, i know average player position isn't the be all and end all but Coutinho and Mane actually played slightly further ahead overall, playing off him. If i understand correctly he takes no set pieces @ 8.5.

Coutinho 8.0 - MOTM yesterday, starting position not under as much threat? For me, although on the face of it a knee jerk i'm already slightly fearful about not having picked him initially with a price rise looming. Takes free kicks (screw you, it was going alright @ 1-0 till then.)

Mane 9.0 - Explosive, looks the most nailed on for me as far as the future is concerned. However, no set pieces again as far as i can see.

Lallana 7.0 - Cheapest option but less desirable in midfield rather than the front 3.
Origi 7.0 - Klopp is clearly a big fan of his but he isn't nailed, i suppose one to watch at least.
Sturridge 10.0 - What needs to be said? Injury prone, frustrating. Racks up points when he's in the team, more reason to stay away from Firmino as he'll be benched first?

These are just my thoughts, but if anyone can certify who's on set pieces, i didn't pick up on corners. I suppose Coutinho will share the freekicks throughout the season, but he is first choice it seems. Firmino seemed to be the overwhelming choice before this game but it's certainly what i've been thinking about a lot since whether that was correct.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: So.. Liverpool

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Too early to say, one thing for sure is, that front line screams 'goals'. I think they will be shared around, personally I like Firmino as he's consistent and strong. Coutinho is injury prone and patchy in the past, but this could be "his season", he's looking a lot better and more consistent under Klopp than ever before in his LFC career, but still needs monitoring due to fitness concerns and as I said, patchiness.

Mane, Firmino, Coutinho will be the best picks offensively for Pool this season, unless Sturridge can maintain his fitness, but we know that's unlikely.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Come the end of the season, it will be between Mane and Firmino with the most points. If sturridge could stay fit he would be up there but he never does. Coutinho is the most inconsistent of the lot - does it every year.

I'll be transferring one of the mids in after starting with none, at the moment my head says Mane but my fantasy wallet says Coutinho

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I think I could be tempted to double up at some point as I can see them scoring loads of goals this year. Currently on Firmino because I couldn't stretch to Mane.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:I think I could be tempted to double up at some point as I can see them scoring loads of goals this year. Currently on Firmino because I couldn't stretch to Mane.
After GW 5 Chelsea (A) it looks like a solid time to double up Pool players;

Hull (H)
Swansea (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Watford (H)
SOTON (A)
Sunder (H)
Bourne (A)
West Ham (H)
Boro (A)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:I think I could be tempted to double up at some point as I can see them scoring loads of goals this year. Currently on Firmino because I couldn't stretch to Mane.
After GW 5 Chelsea (A) it looks like a solid time to double up Pool players;

Hull (H)
Swansea (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Watford (H)
SOTON (A)
Sunder (H)
Bourne (A)
West Ham (H)
Boro (A)
Coincides beautifully with my wildcard :D

kung_yoda
Wideboy

Post by kung_yoda »

Im planning on getting Coutinho. Rise tonight?!
But gettin rid of Deulofeu or Townsend?????

Any thoughts?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

kung_yoda wrote:Im planning on getting Coutinho. Rise tonight?!

Any thoughts?
According to FPL PC Coutinho has already risen 0.1m. I'm trying to check myself, but can't access the site due to that 503 error.

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

Liverpool will score shed loads this year. Unfortunately for them they will also concede shed loads.

kung_yoda
Wideboy

Post by kung_yoda »

ZeroRemorse wrote:

Any thoughts?
According to FPL PC Coutinho has already risen 0.1m. I'm trying to check myself, but can't access the site due to that 503 error.
According to http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ he is about to rise tonight...
I "love" the 503 error :x

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

kung_yoda wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

Any thoughts?
According to http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ he is about to rise tonight...
I "love" the 503 error :x
Tempting, I must admit it. Because I do like to get early networth for my WC.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Were Arsenal just poor at the back? or Liverpool good?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:

Any thoughts?
He hasn't risen yet (The app still works and has him at 8M; price rises usually kick in in the small hours 2:00am ish) but he is at 107% so he will go up tonight and as there will be another flurry of transfers after tonight's game so he may be on route to another rise tomorrow night

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Username wrote:Were Arsenal just poor at the back? or Liverpool good?
They were both poor at the back but Arsenal were worse. They were also both dangerous up front but Liverpool were better.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

I thought Arsenal were OK for most of the game, Liverpool just had one of those 20 minutes spells when they blitzed them and scored some cracking goals. When they move the ball around at pace they are going to be difficult to stop, and Mane, Coutinho and Firmino are all capable of moments of genius as in the Coutinho free-kick and the Mane goals.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

LamebrainEddy wrote:Come the end of the season, it will be between Mane and Firmino with the most points. If sturridge could stay fit he would be up there but he never does. Coutinho is the most inconsistent of the lot - does it every year.

I'll be transferring one of the mids in after starting with none, at the moment my head says Mane but my fantasy wallet says Coutinho
These are my thoughts too.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

Both. We made it too easy for them, but Liverpool have shown numerous times they now have the ability to punish sides consistently. They aren't the side where i hear "Liverpool should've won comfortably today" anymore, they go out and do the business. Much more clinical than a few years ago.

Results interesting so far, but nobody seems to be fearful of the competition Firmino faces which is interesting. I like Mane a lot, but Coutinho's price at 1.0 less is very tempting. I know he's been patchy in the past but with this Liverpool setup, i feel i'm buying into their and his hype..

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:
They were both poor at the back but Arsenal were worse. They were also both dangerous up front but Liverpool were better.
I should add that Liverpool's purple patch coincided with utter confusion with the Arsenal back line and mid's. Liverpool hedged it but it could have easily gone the other way particularly in the first half before Klopp lit a rocket in the unmentionables.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
I should add that Liverpool's purple patch coincided with utter confusion with the Arsenal back line and mid's. Liverpool hedged it but it could have easily gone the other way particularly in the first half before Klopp lit a rocket in their darkest of unmentionables.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

So is anyone with any credibly dropping Frimino for Coutinho?

The kneejerk is strong, but with a potential 0.2m rise and Coutinho is a set piece taker (not sure who is on pens? Firmino?) it's more than justifiable IMO. Klopp has cleared him of all injury.

Bergkamp_22
FISOhead

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:So is anyone with any credibly dropping Frimino for Coutinho?

The kneejerk is strong, but with a potential 0.2m rise and Coutinho is a set piece taker (not sure who is on pens? Firmino?) it's more than justifiable IMO. Klopp has cleared him of all injury.
Firstly, i'll see how Chelsea match goes. I don't want to in the sense that it is a knee jerk, but i partially don't want to miss an early riser who i can make a easy .1 profit of start of the season even should it go wrong points wise. I do have other issues that i think are more important in my team though, so this may just prevent me overall.

Edit: My biggest point is i feel Coutinho has his place more nailed down. Maybe i'm wrong.. and just supposedly judging it from that performance but i don't think so, the general view of Coutinho is he's a key player. Whereas Firmino seems like an option. Origi and Sturridge on his tail moreso.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's only got to get a goal or a an assist and a clean sheet against Burnley and he will be a band wagon rolling down a steep hill. That's if he isn't rested owing to his cramp episode......

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Bergkamp_22 wrote:

Firstly, i'll see how Chelsea match goes. I don't want to in the sense that it is a knee jerk, but i partially don't want to miss an early riser who i can make a easy .1 profit of start of the season even should it go wrong points wise. I do have other issues that i think are more important in my team though, so this may just prevent me overall.
In the back of my head I don't think Coutinho will do much vs Burnley, the slight fitness worry and the fact he performs against big teams rather than the minnows (typical Brazlian).

Burnley is the type of team he doesn't thrive against and it seems to be more Firmino's niche, but that 0.2m rise is really tempting so early. And with Leicester at home the following week, I could see Coutinho showing up there.

Tonight I will do a bit more monitoring and listen to a few more opinions.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Liverpool will be one of the best if not the best attacking teams this season. There will be always Goals galore in their games and they have at least 5-6 players that have attacking upside that will explode for big points. Only thing is, who will be the most consistent?

I had Coutinho in my team and was debating between him or Firmino.. I only had enough for Coutinho, but I was more slated to vinsert Coutinho in my team over the former. I hope this is the season where Coutinho is more consistent and not a volatile fpl scorer.

Liverpool have many options. I'd look at Mane, Coutinho and Firmino. Sturridge is injury prone but when he plays he will always be on for points.

Should be interested to see in the next upcoming weeks. I even think Wijnaldum will be a good prospect this season, hes very versatile and can play anywhere in the midfield or attack.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Never been a big fan of Coutinho. Scored 2 yesterday but could easily blank the following 4.
Mane and Firmino are what interest me, However there are lots of other premium midfielders who look decent value wise. Hard to fit everybody in.

Origi would be my 1st choice pool player should he be guaranteed to start, but too much of a risk.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Coutinho's price will fall just as quickly next week or week after

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

Liverpool are going to be a minefield, just way too many midfielders, just going to have to throw darts and hope it lands on the right player at the right time. This week it was Coutinho, next week Mane/Firmino and so on

Brad
Treebeard

Post by Brad »

Survey results are reflective of my view - Mane has the highest potential for points right now as I feel he was the star performer for Liverpool on the weekend.

Coutinho had a good game but his score isn't reflective of his potential and overall threat (one goal was an amazing unlikely to be repeated free kick and the other was a fluke deflection off his shin in the box).

Lallana could be a surprise package but I just don't see it and Origi isn't a starter so his potential is reduced from a ffs points scoring perspective.

All that said, I've currently got Firmino in my team as he'll continue to start up front in a false 9 position until Sturridge is fit.

Brad
Treebeard

Post by Brad »

p.s. I can see ways for Firmino to be kept in the starting 11 even after Sturridge returns.

For me, when all are available the strongest team in a 4.2.3.1 would be:

Karius
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno*
Can - Henderson
Mane - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge

I expect Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner and Origi will all see quite a bit of game time but likely off the bench unless the form of one of the starting players dips or they're injured.

*(hopefully not for long!)

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Brad wrote:p.s. I can see ways for Firmino to be kept in the starting 11 even after Sturridge returns.

For me, when all are available the strongest team in a 4.2.3.1 would be:

Karius
Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno*
Can - Henderson
Mane - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge

I expect Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner and Origi will all see quite a bit of game time but likely off the bench unless the form of one of the starting players dips or they're injured.

*(hopefully not for long!)
I'm not a Liverpool fan but isn't Klavan and Winjaldum suppose to be in there?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”