To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gray (6.5m ST) Burnley has a high chance of exploding GW 1

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Gray (6.5m ST) Burnley has a high chance of exploding GW 1

Post by ZeroRemorse »

After a storming campaign last season, he's carried on that form into preseason and knocked in 9 classy goals. He's a genuine finisher and quick with great vision. If anyone is looking for the next Vardy my money is on him.

GW 1 is perfect for him as well, against a Swans team that has just lost it's talisman Williams at the back and with Fernandez potentially injured, this is the perfect start for an inform Gray to make his mark. I'm sure he will grab a goal and potentially more, making him an early bandwagon candidate.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: Gray (6.5m ST) Burnley has a high chance of exploding GW 1

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Having read this, it now makes me want to switch from Wilson > Gray.
Does this seem a sensible move?!

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

Yes.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Trouble is he's then facing Liverpool & Chelsea

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Not for me. He will be Burnleys main man but over the 1st 3 games I think there's better options. Would rather Long at 6.5, However I'm in the 3 big hitters camp

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Of the 6.5 strikers, all I really want at this stage is nailed on and on pens, for which Gray ticks the boxes. If Palace were to buy a striker, then his GW2 and 3 fixtures might not be relevant (Liverpool don't defend particularly well anyway, and it's at home). If the fixtures do become relevant, then he has Hull in GW4.

I think I'll stick with him now, he's probably the most likely to get off to a good start, but really who knows. Nobody is guaranteed to do well and I'm not sure I'd agree with the OP that Gray has a "high chance of exploding" (neither literally nor figuratively). His scoring odds are quite short (for the price bracket) but (ironically) Long's shorter though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

A literal explosion would be quite good, well freaking amazing 8-)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:Of the 6.5 strikers, all I really want at this stage is nailed on and on pens, for which Gray ticks the boxes. If Palace were to buy a striker, then his GW2 and 3 fixtures might not be relevant (Liverpool don't defend particularly well anyway, and it's at home). If the fixtures do become relevant, then he has Hull in GW4.

I think I'll stick with him now, he's probably the most likely to get off to a good start, but really who knows. Nobody is guaranteed to do well and I'm not sure I'd agree with the OP that Gray has a "high chance of exploding" (neither literally nor figuratively). His scoring odds are quite short (for the price bracket) but (ironically) Long's shorter though.
I wouldn't over concern myself with fixtures so early on, with nearly every team needing to settle players and have new managers. Burnley are a pretty smooth unit at the moment and will be a very dangerous side. The form can't be ignored either way. Taking pens and nearly a goal every second game + Championship player of the year is good credentials.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:After a storming campaign last season, he's carried on that form into preseason and knocked in 9 classy goals. He's a genuine finisher and quick with great vision. If anyone is looking for the next Vardy my money is on him.

GW 1 is perfect for him as well, against a Swans team that has just lost it's talisman Williams at the back and with Fernandez potentially injured, this is the perfect start for an inform Gray to make his mark. I'm sure he will grab a goal and potentially more, making him an early bandwagon candidate.
Andre Gray, is that you? :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Of the 6.5 strikers, all I really want at this stage is nailed on and on pens, for which Gray ticks the boxes. If Palace were to buy a striker, then his GW2 and 3 fixtures might not be relevant (Liverpool don't defend particularly well anyway, and it's at home). If the fixtures do become relevant, then he has Hull in GW4.

I wouldn't over concern myself with fixtures so early on, with nearly every team needing to settle players and have new managers. Burnley are a pretty smooth unit at the moment and will be a very dangerous side. The form can't be ignored either way. Taking pens and nearly a goal every second game + Championship player of the year is good credentials.
It's a well trodden path (top scorer in the championship as a cheap FPL striker), but pre-season form needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'd rather have it than not, but there have been players in the past who have a great pre-season and don't carry it through. Ighalo did bridge the league gap last season, as did Austin and others further back like Bent or Johnson so it's certainly a good indicator, but don't dismiss the other options out of hand.

I'm going to start Gray as well, but just like Wilson last year (and don't forget Bournemouth scored over a hundred goals in their promotion year) there really are no guarantees in terms of how things go in the first few games. Given his high level of expectation on FFS and other places, he could easily be one of the players you have to shift after GW1/2 if his ownership starts dropping.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

It's a well trodden path (top scorer in the championship as a cheap FPL striker), but pre-season form needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'd rather have it than not, but there have been players in the past who have a great pre-season and don't carry it through. Ighalo did bridge the league gap last season, as did Austin and others further back like Bent or Johnson so it's certainly a good indicator, but don't dismiss the other options out of hand.

I'm going to start Gray as well, but just like Wilson last year (and don't forget Bournemouth scored over a hundred goals in their promotion year) there really are no guarantees in terms of how things go in the first few games. Given his high level of expectation on FFS and other places, he could easily be one of the players you have to shift after GW1/2 if his ownership starts dropping.
Fair points. What is your current draft at the moment with Gray? Have you gone with Ibra/Aguero or Vardy/Aguero, or something else completely?

MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Post by MOBIUS »

Grey would be my pick for favourite for the first bandwagon. Obviously might not happen, but I'm taking the gamble.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I hope not.

I'll be there and don't want to get caught in the blast.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I probably pick Gray instead of Kane. I'm not totally confident of this choise, but I think it's relatively unlikely Kane will become early bandwagon despite his standout captain fixture in GW2. Gray instead has a good chance to become early bandwagon. I also think he is a good pick in terms of expected points in GW1 (but don't really like his following two fixtures) and he frees up some money to elsewhere in my squad.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Less concerned by Gray's 2 pointer after watching MOTD so hoping the majority of teams that have him keep the faith for at least one more GW...

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

I picked Gray as a traditional bet on a promoted striker. Nailed on and on pens, plus 3 home games in the firt 4 games made it a decent bet. Will stick with him until GW4 and assess afterwards. I had Caroll and C. Wilson in past years and both rewarded me with hat-tricks in GW2/3 after blanking in GW1 so why not with Gray.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Razorback wrote:Less concerned by Gray's 2 pointer after watching MOTD so hoping the majority of teams that have him keep the faith for at least one more GW...
I was at the game and he caused problems for Swansea's defence all day. If we'd have got one of the two possible penalties, he'd probably have scored. As I said on another thread, the service to him wasn't really good enough, but that should improve with a couple of new signings.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Tall Paul wrote:
Razorback wrote:Less concerned by Gray's 2 pointer after watching MOTD so hoping the majority of teams that have him keep the faith for at least one more GW...
I was at the game and he caused problems for Swansea's defence all day. If we'd have got one of the two possible penalties, he'd probably have scored. As I said on another thread, the service to him wasn't really good enough, but that should improve with a couple of new signings.
Good to know guys thanks - I missed MOTD. I did see Negredo's goal though, and it was 90% Ramirez's header back in that Negredo )10%) bundled over the line (with his shoulder?) so I'm not about to hop on him yet.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

I thought he looked decent on MOTD. He's certainly worth another few weeks IMO.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I don't get the Negredo love. Price, fixtures (?) maybe, but the goal was simple at best. Rondon looks more interesting and I'm starting to dismiss fixtures as the FPL continues to remind us that anything can happen. Will stick with Gray and look to shift Vardy unless the rest of my midfield today and tomorrow is a bust.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Has been charged by the F.A. relating to recently discovered homophobic tweets sent in 2012

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:Has been charged by the F.A. relating to recently discovered homophobic tweets sent in 2012
Ridiculous. I presume there is some poor soul at the F.A now trawling through every pro footballer's Twitter account to check for 4 year old tweets that cause offence?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:Has been charged by the F.A. relating to recently discovered homophobic tweets sent in 2012
Farcical decision by the FA as per usual.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Toon Man wrote:
Ridiculous. I presume there is some poor soul at the F.A now trawling through every pro footballer's Twitter account to check for 4 year old tweets that cause offence?
I hope so but I doubt it

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Weisenwolf wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
I hope so but I doubt it

newspapers found and reported them last week, he deleted them at the weekend.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Good. As debated in the other thread, although posted 4 years ago the tweets were still published on his active and verified twitter account, and they are in clear breach of FA rules.

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Well deserved, at the very least for being thick enough to leave that garbage opinion visible on his twitter account for 4 years, never mind voicing it in the first place.

Good thing I still have 2 free transfers left! :o
Last edited by sunnO)))jihai on 23 Aug 2016, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

will he miss this weekend's game ?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

eastcentral1 wrote:
Good. As debated in the other thread, although posted 4 years ago the tweets were still published on his active and verified twitter account, and they are in clear breach of FA rules.
Although I've come round to your way of thinking, I still think a long ban would be incredibly harsh.
matmutte wrote:will he miss this weekend's game ?
No, he has until 31 August to respond to the charge.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Tall Paul wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:

Although I've come round to your way of thinking, I still think a long ban would be incredibly harsh.

matmutte wrote:will he miss this weekend's game ?
No, he has until 31 August to respond to the charge.
I don't disagree. I also think that a lengthy ban would punish the club unfairly (although you could say that about most such bans). I'd prefer to see a fine and perhaps make him do some penance like community service. Give him a chance to prove he's changed and be a role model, rather than lynch him.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”