To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL press conference thread 16/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Every snippet, every week, every time Mourinho trolls us into selling an injured Zlatan to then start him - get it posted here this season.

Understand there are several today so expecting a busy couple of days, hopefully some big announcements on concrete team news for us all.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by Billy Bongo »

Expect a lot of blah blahs

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Shouldn't that be, "FPL press conference news nugget thread 16/17"?

I'm a traditionalist.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

SB: "We are still waiting to see on a couple of positions who are going to start. @dimpayet17 is one of the players. He came back very fit."

And so it begins.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

MPTree wrote:Shouldn't that be, "FPL press conference news nugget thread 16/17"?

I'm a traditionalist.
Embrace the change :D

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

WestHam conference.
I'd say we know nothing...

On Payet:
We are still waiting to see on a couple of positions who are going to start. He is one of the players. He came back very fit.
Like every player he needs a pre-season but he came back very motivated.

On Ayew:
He brings more quality. We had a good season last year but we wanted to improve the team. We lost some players as well.
I am sure that he will bring more quality. He has good experience from playing at OM and did a good job last season.
He can be a game changer and we are happy to have signed him. He wanted to come here and you want players who want to join you.
He was very excited about coming to West Ham. He was our target for a long time and I spoke to Payet a few times about him.

That's it...

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

"100% we will not go for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette. We will sign Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri and he will be with us pretty soon depending on the work permit. He is a top striker and we have a good balance in the squad."

A nail in the coffin for Carroll?

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

M'boro conference (if anyone's interested):

On Negredo:
I was really pleased when he came here because he knows this league and has played at the top level.

Nothing else players or tactic-wise... They want to win the match and stay in the PL... blah blah blah....

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

Tottenham
Some interesting news for those who have Wimmer.

On team news:
Good news, Jan Vertonghen is ready. Last week was perfect, he trained with the group.

vendzol
Red & Blue Braces

Post by vendzol »

Crystal Palace

On team news:
I don't want to give my opponents too much info, but we've got one or two we're trying to get up to speed from the Euros.
We've got nothing concrete to announce today, other than a lot of rumours. There's nothing that's going to happen before the weekend.
There's only one way for us and that's to improve and get better. Change is good. This is going to be a team in transition this season.
We've added three players who I think will take us forward and we will hopefully bring in two more.

On Bolasie:
Yannick is contracted here. He's a great player & a great person, I love him. We'll treat him with the utmost respect in any situation.
Bolasie, and my conversations with him, will stay private.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Bertrand out GW1 so as far as I know Targett 4.5m (WAT) is now confirmed. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Everton:

Koeman said that Lukaku is a major doubt and Coleman has a niggle.

So potentially Deulofeu up front then for GW1?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Apologies for duplication of already posted stuff but just a cut and paste job

Arsenal:::
on Gabriel…
Gabriel has an ankle problem, and will be out for six to eight weeks. It is a bit better than we feared at the start.

on Jack Wilshere…
Jack is doing well, but he will be short for Sunday. He is back in training but will not be completely ready for Sunday.

on Carl Jenkinson…
Carl is doing well, and he should be back in November. He is on schedule for his return.

on Per Mertesacker and Danny Welbeck…
We had very good news on Danny’s latest scan and Per is at the moment off his feet for three weeks, so of course if is a bit boring for him. He is with his family in Hannover, but on the football front he is very frustrated. We think it will be four to five months for both players.

Mesut Ozil is back in training for Arsenal ahead of Sunday's clash with Liverpool

Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud also return to training

https://goo.gl/Ez3s1Q

https://goo.gl/fH9Srn

Southampton

Ryan Bertrand has been ruled out of Southampton's opener as his knee injury concerns continue

Puel confirms Ryan Bertrand will miss Saturdays' game because of a knee injury. No mention of van Dijk who is expected to be fine. #SaintsFC

Puel will make a late decision on Jose Fonte and Soares. Both are working their way back to full fitness following a late return. #SaintsFC

Bertrand could be back for GW2, he said. Avoid Targett (after gwk1 that is, should be OK for first game though)

Everton

Williams needs another 10 days training to be fit.

Koeman is hoping to bring in another 3-4 players before the window shuts. Looking to bolster his defence, he wants a centre-back. #EFC

Koeman says he "knew about the situation with Stones for a long time." Confirms Williams is not ready to make his debut this weekend

Koeman: "We will do business for three or four more players."

koeman: Lukaku is doubtful for the weekend with heel injury. Coleman ankle injury doubt as well

Seamus Coleman "has a problem as well." Matthew Pennington will be out for a no. of months following extensive damage to his hamstring. #EFC

Koeman: "We're not at the level we need to be in terms of players or physical state. We are 70% of what we need to be physically."

Crystal Palace

Palace’s James Tomkins steps up injury recovery but is expected to miss first two matches of the season

This following on Palace courtesy of Billy Bongo

On team news:
I don't want to give my opponents too much info, but we've got one or two we're trying to get up to speed from the Euros.
We've got nothing concrete to announce today, other than a lot of rumours. There's nothing that's going to happen before the weekend.
There's only one way for us and that's to improve and get better. Change is good. This is going to be a team in transition this season.
We've added three players who I think will take us forward and we will hopefully bring in two more.

On Bolasie:
Yannick is contracted here. He's a great player & a great person, I love him. We'll treat him with the utmost respect in any situation.
Bolasie, and my conversations with him, will stay private.

Liverpool

Sturridge, Milner and Grujic weekend doubts for Liverpool

Sunderland

Jermain Defoe back in training ahead of Sunderland's trip to Man City

West Ham

SB: "We are still waiting to see on a couple of positions who are going to start. @dimpayet17 is one of the players. He came back very fit.

SB: "100 per cent we will not go for Lacazette. We will sign Calleri and he will be with us pretty soon depending on the work permit.

Spurs

Pochettino says Vertonghen fit for Everton this weekend.

Leicester

Ranieri: "No injuries. Everyone is fit. [Matty James] is close with us. Now we decide best for him. He needs to play." #LCFC

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread 15/16

Post by Curwinkle »

Spot on :D interesting re Payet but given the fixture I'll probably stick with Mahrez this week and have the option to switch next maybe.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Koscielny not ready to face Liverpool apparently

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Thanks guys great work

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Wenger doesn't count in numbers because at CB he has two

Not trolling, he actually said that

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Looking forward to 13:30 BST press conferences by Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool. All those teams have some very tempting FPL picks whose gametimes are more or less questionable anyway (except United perhaps, whose players are either nailed or not tempting). What a coincidence that all those most interesting press conferences are at the same time!

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Interested about Swansea's presser. Anybody knows what time is that?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by eastcentral1 »

Geri wrote:Interested about Swansea's presser. Anybody knows what time is that?
It's been and gone, without any useful info

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Didn't know that. Thanks
I was hoping it would spread some light over Siggy

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

Pep Guardiola was asked about John Stones: "He’s fit, I hope he will be really important. He’s a big talent. I think he’s a good player. He is ready.

mr.maniac
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mr.maniac »

Any news from Pep on De Bruyne?

Arhaych
FISOhead

Post by Arhaych »

froog wrote:Pep Guardiola was asked about John Stones: "He’s fit, I hope he will be really important. He’s a big talent. I think he’s a good player. He is ready.
He's had 2-3 training sessions, I think he'll start tomorrow evening.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Geri wrote:Didn't know that. Thanks
This is from a Swansea fan on another site not sure how clued up he is but would presume has listened to their presser

Oh bigger. Siggy will be on the bench tomorrow. The likely Swansea City team: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Kingsley, Cork, Fer, Britton (Capt), Routledge, Dyer, Llorente

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Guardiola says Mangala/KDB/Sagna are available for tomorrow, whilst Otamendi is 'improving'. [@BBCBlueTuesday]

"Daniel Sturridge "could" train today, but the striker has missed a lot of sessions."

Sunderland have signed Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj, 21, on a season-long loan.

I thought this might merit some consideration: "Hull City caretaker boss Mike Phelan, who has about 13 fit senior players available, said: “It’s not the hardest team in the world to pick, but I know this group of players will give it their all.”

Klopp: "It's possible Milner could be involved at the weekend, but we're not sure".

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Geri wrote:Didn't know that. Thanks
This is from a Swansea fan on another site not sure how clued up he is but would presume has listened to their presser

Oh bigger. Siggy will be on the bench tomorrow. The likely Swansea City team: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Kingsley, Cork, Fer, Britton (Capt), Routledge, Dyer, Llorente
Huh... not having any better news I'll go with Oscar instead. Not too happy with his starting eleven certainty either.

Arhaych
FISOhead

Post by Arhaych »

Not revealed via press conference but looks like Butland might be out a week or two (Stoke Twitter page)

Compounder
Wideboy

Post by Compounder »

Anything from Chelsea bout JT have heard he has head injury and is out although is not flagged :?:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Compounder wrote:Anything from Chelsea bout JT have heard he has head injury and is out although is not flagged :?:
Would be keen to hear more on this. JT is in my team! :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”