To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL press conference thread 16/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by eastcentral1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Stemania wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Mannone back in training, hopes to be fit for the Hull game. Pickfords time up?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySports_Ke ... 7572002817
I reckon he might just keep the place now, but methinks it's definitely soon time to get in a rotater. The Hull game would be a bloomin' inconvenient time for it to happen if it does!
The sentiment on the Sunderland forums was turning against Pickford last week, not because he's played poorly, but just to take him out of the firing line a bit and protect him from blame.

Earlier on, it was probably 60/40 in Pickford's favour over Mannone, it's probably 70/30 now in Mannones favour. Obviously the fans don't make the call, but I could understand it certainly.

Pickford hasn't done anything wrong, but he's not doing a Heaton impression either.
I thought he was pretty poor in the Arsenal game. Not necessarily for the goals, but in the first half in particular he made a couple of blunders (unconvincing stops pushing the ball back into play, no command of his box). Add to that he made at least one high profile blunder in his first couple of outings, leading to a goal. I don't see him keeping his place.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Nothing further on wally then :-(

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Nothing further on wally then :-(
I just don't understand why everyone is shipping him so heavily. From what we know he seems 50/50 to play on Sunday, and if he doesn't, it's hardly the worst fixture to miss. Then we have a 2 week break, after which he'll have one possibly difficult game (though with Man U at the moment it might not be...) then some good ones again. He is playing for a team that is scoring well, he has got a really good number of points himself, he is getting in the box, and he's pretty cheap compared to other 'big team' midfield options who are scoring well. I can only assume either that people are doubling up on Coutinho and Firmino, or that they are restructuring to get Hazard or KdB in. Being a Spurs fan, I really hope Walcott doesn't play or get anything on Sunday, but if we win in a game where he plays and scores I'll be very happy.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

scarletjim wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Nothing further on wally then :-(
I just don't understand why everyone is shipping him so heavily. From what we know he seems 50/50 to play on Sunday, and if he doesn't, it's hardly the worst fixture to miss. Then we have a 2 week break, after which he'll have one possibly difficult game (though with Man U at the moment it might not be...) then some good ones again. He is playing for a team that is scoring well, he has got a really good number of points himself, he is getting in the box, and he's pretty cheap compared to other 'big team' midfield options who are scoring well. I can only assume either that people are doubling up on Coutinho and Firmino, or that they are restructuring to get Hazard or KdB in. Being a Spurs fan, I really hope Walcott doesn't play or get anything on Sunday, but if we win in a game where he plays and scores I'll be very happy.
The question is does he keep his place? If Giroud/Ramsey come back in the fold it's likely Walcott gets the boot. Not saying it happens, but I thin that uncertainty plus the injury is causing the mass shipment.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Aha that makes a bit more sense. Would be a shame as he's been FPL gold this season (though of course he has famously teased us like that in many seasons previously...)

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

scarletjim wrote:Aha that makes a bit more sense. Would be a shame as he's been FPL gold this season (though of course he has famously teased us like that in many seasons previously...)
I have a huge spot in my heart for Walcott for various reasons (picked up in GW 38 2 years for his hat trick...won my league as a result). I just don't know if Wegner sees him as an every week starter. Now, if he continues to keep Giroud on the bench he should be fine, but it's uncertain that will happen. It might though.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

SuperGrover wrote:

I have a huge spot in my heart for Walcott for various reasons (picked up in GW 38 2 years for his hat trick...won my league as a result). I just don't know if Wegner sees him as an every week starter. Now, if he continues to keep Giroud on the bench he should be fine, but it's uncertain that will happen. It might though.
Doesn't that really depend on how Wenger sees Sanchez's role? If Sanchez is his preferred main "striker", it's hard to see a starting role for Giroud, easier to fit in Walcott. If Giroud is going to be his starting striker, it's much harder for Walcott. But I thought Wenger preferred the former...

man3
Wideboy

Post by man3 »

There is space for all of them. Sahcez and Wallcot on sides, Ozil central, Giroud striker... :)

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

man3 wrote:There is space for all of them. Sahcez and Wallcot on sides, Ozil central, Giroud striker... :)
You forget Ramsey.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

SuperGrover wrote:
man3 wrote:There is space for all of them. Sahcez and Wallcot on sides, Ozil central, Giroud striker... :)
You forget Ramsey.
Ramsey plays a lot as one of the two holding mids in front of the back four.

As things stand, if Giroud gets back in the team and I don't think he will, I think man3's line up above will be the front 4.

On current form Walcott is a safe bet.

:D

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

SuperGrover wrote:
You forget Ramsey.
Ramsey will be in the 2 I think. If anyone misses out it's Iwobi/Ox.

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Hotpot wrote:
On current form Walcott is a safe bet.

:D
As safe as an injury prone player who missed the last game with an injury can be :mrgreen:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

math! wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:
You forget Ramsey.
I also think (match fit) Walcott is quite nailed even if Giroud starts because he has been on fire recently and Wenger has really talked him up. If Giroud starts, it's then Sanchez and Walcott in the flanks and Ramsey playing deeper. But Walcott might be subbed off early in some games, just like Iwobi recently.

I don't know about Tottenham game though, I have a gut feeling Walcott might not be match fit.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Finisher1 wrote:I don't know about Tottenham game though, I have a gut feeling Walcott might not be match fit.
By match fit I assume you mean he won't be able to play 90 minutes which may be the case? He hasn't been out for that long and apparently has been training this week so I'd have though his fitness won't be an issue; in fact I'd say if he passes the fitness test, he'll be as fresh as he could be, given he's had a small break.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:I don't know about Tottenham game though, I have a gut feeling Walcott might not be match fit.
By match fit I assume you mean he won't be able to play 90 minutes which may be the case? He hasn't been out for that long and apparently has been training this week so I'd have though his fitness won't be an issue; in fact I'd say if he passes the fitness test, he'll be as fresh as he could be, given he's had a small break.
Maybe so, but these are always hard to predict when manager has not really assured he will play.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Finisher1 wrote:
math! wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:
You forget Ramsey.
I also think (match fit) Walcott is quite nailed even if Giroud starts because he has been on fire recently and Wenger has really talked him up. If Giroud starts, it's then Sanchez and Walcott in the flanks and Ramsey playing deeper. But Walcott might be subbed off early in some games, just like Iwobi recently.

I don't know about Tottenham game though, I have a gut feeling Walcott might not be match fit.
Maybe. But then you are exceptionally weak defensively in CM. Cazorla is better in that area than Ramsey. Further, Ramsey has started in front (or along with) Walcott over the past three seasons. Wegner really likes Ramsey.

Time will tell but there certainly is potential for Walcott to lose his place. I am guessing that is contributing to his sales.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

BBC Live Text reporting that all Chelsea players, including Costa, are fit for the Boro game.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC hour ago

Antonio Conte: 'All my players are available this weekend.' #CFC

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Armband to Hazard (no Lukaku).

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Pep said thst those who played 90 minutes and/or had to come back from South America would be tired (although all were fit), and next sentence said that he had a 23 man squad and he was going to need to use them all in the coming weeks.

So it looks like Aguero will start, and Stones, Kolarov, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling and De Bruyne may not...Have I missed anyone out?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

"fantasyfootballscout ‏@FFScout 48m48 minutes ago
Conte admits he will need to check on the condition of 1 or 2 players ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Man City https://goo.gl/FDGngR

fantasyfootballscout ‏@FFScout 46m46 minutes ago
Conte refuses to name the Chelsea players who need to be assessed https://goo.gl/sr1EEy"

Any idea who these players are?

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

Finisher1 wrote:Any idea who these players are?
Costa & Hazard.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Cue picture of someone in a hospital waiting area/on a beach, sparking mass panic..

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Its Costa and or Hazard if he wouldn't say.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

The Username wrote:Its Costa and or Hazard if he wouldn't say.
I have absolutely no reason to doubt you, but am interested in your reasoning.

theplayer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3rd overall FPL 2010/11

Post by theplayer »

Well Costa and Hazard were in training today and look fine to me so I doubt it's them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... diola.html

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Considering my luck this season its Alonso..

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

snakzz wrote:Considering my luck this season its Alonso..
Yeah, or based on mine Azpi and Alonso have collided and are both out Image

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So who's missing from the photos? Moses, Kante, Matic, and Courtois seem to be the four missing from the recent starting XI's.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”