To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL press conference thread 16/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by Stemania »

Hughes: “Xherdan is still a little bit slow at the moment. We’ve tried something a little different with him this week just to push him on but he won’t be available for the weekend.
“Glen joined in with the first team today, which is good, so we fully anticipate that he should be okay now.”
Ramadan Sobhi and US defender Geoff Cameron only returned to Stoke on Wednesday and he will make a call on them today. Mame Diouf is another who has returned with a slight issue and won't be available to face Spurs.

Guidolin: "Borja has to go slow for two or three days. It is not an injury now but he still has to go slow. I hope to have him available for Sunday but I don't know, I am not sure."

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Stemania wrote:Hughes: “Xherdan is still a little bit slow at the moment"
:? - did he get a bang on the head or something?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Stemania wrote:
Koeman: "Seamus Coleman was fit to play and he has come back without any reaction. He is now fit to start. James McCarthy has had groin surgery and will be out for three weeks." Gibson and Cleverly out.
Fit to start but will he? I hope not Image

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I can't see a fit Coleman not starting, tbh. The question is whether it is 3 or 5 at the back, imho.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

blahblah wrote:I can't see a fit Coleman not starting, tbh. The question is whether it is 3 or 5 at the back, imho.
Whats wrong with 4? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Doh. :lol: :lol:

3 or 4 8-)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Hotpot wrote:
blahblah wrote:I can't see a fit Coleman not starting, tbh. The question is whether it is 3 or 5 at the back, imho.
Whats wrong with 4? :?
All his own stressing about his FPL formation has rendered blahblah unable to count defenders properly. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or my shite typing, or throwing people off my highly likely 4-3-3 8-)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pardew: "We're so disappointed, because [Remy]'s looked great. We have enough cover for now, but look forward to his return in seven to eight weeks." “We're touch and go on a few players [McArthur and Cabaye]. We'll see”

Pulis:"Robson-Kanu has just come back from international duty, he'll need 10 days of training before we get him involved."

Wenger: "Sanchez and Ospina I haven't seen yet.

on if it will be a risk to play Alexis after travel…
"That’s a decision I have to make because we play on Tuesday night so I will see. I have to make that decision in the next 24 hours."

"Everyone looks alright. Iwobi is back in the squad, Ramsey not ready for tomorrow or Tuesday."

Phelan: all the signing are fit to face Burnley and Uruguay striker Abel Hernandez will be assessed today after returning from international duty on Thursday night.

Howe: "Joshua [King] is one of those players we are assessing. He came off with a concern and has not trained since returning. I'd say he's a doubt at this moment in time."

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

If Sanchez isn't injured, he'll start. Can't see Wenger benching him due to tiredness

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Blue Fire wrote:If Sanchez isn't injured, he'll start. Can't see Wenger benching him due to tiredness
Highly likely he won't play 90 minutes though....

Especially with an away day to PSG Tuesday.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Even with 5 at the back there are too many defenders to all fit in :?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sanchez "a doubt" because of tiredness? Have I heard this before?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Anyone know if Victor Valdes is fit to return this weekend?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:Anyone know if Victor Valdes is fit to return this weekend?
He's confirmed as being fit, so he will probably return to the side immediately.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Mourinho: “everyone is available” “I'm not saying [Mkhitaryan]'s ready to play 90 minutes, but he's ready to help us."
"Antonio Valencia was able to get one direct flight to Madrid. Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo went around the globe, Venezuela, Argentina, Europe. Manchester City spent money to bring them on direct flight - or sent the owner's plane. Our boys arrived this morning in time to train."

Pep: “Claudio [Bravo] is OK, he had a little bit of a problem in his leg but he’s trained the last two days. Sane is in terms of his condition, is the best player - Gundogan is much better."
“Kompany is training but we are waiting for the blood test to be sure. He’s fit but we don’t want to take too much risk because of what happened last season. We will be sure when he comes back he is 100%.”

Mazzarri:“The ten or 11 players who stayed behind have done a good job,” said Mazzarri this morning. “The same goes with Deeney. He has improved physically in the last week.”

Moyes: "The injury situation is improving. Lee Cattermole has returned to training and Jan Kirchhoff came back on Tuesday at Rochdale. Victor Anichibe isn't fit yet and I won't rush him back. I want him to be in peak condition."
“Pickford has the jersey. He played really well vs Southampton and he needs to play well to keep his place."

Conte: David Luiz and Marcos Alonso "unlikely" to start. "The chance is not high"
"I think this squad can play 3-4-3, not 3-5-2 like the national team in Italy and Juventus. I think, because of the characteristics of the players, you can play 3-4-3."

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Wenger really cannot afford to rest Sanchez, but I can see him being substituted at the 60 min mark if Arsenal are home and dry.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Clear as mud from Pep, lol

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

blahblah wrote:Clear as mud from Pep, lol
I thought I was just being thick.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:
I'm feeling guilty by association :(

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

blahblah wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
I'm feeling guilty by association :(
I think the punctuation is throwing everyone off. My interpretation is that he is saying Sane is in the best condition of all injured players. Then, Gundogan is better than he was, but still not as good as Sane. The sequence, punctuation, as assumed comparison are throwing everyone off.

That's my take at least.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, same here - and Kompany is a few weeks away from starting.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Did any Liverpool experts here catch Klopp's presser? Were any hints dropped about if he's going to start Sturridge or Coutinho?

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Paulista wrote:Did any Liverpool experts here catch Klopp's presser? Were any hints dropped about if he's going to start Sturridge or Coutinho?
This is translated from Norwegian - so could be some info lost in translation here;

- Lovren is included in the team again, not any mentions if he's ready to play though (personally I think he will)
- Can is not injured anymore but is not ready to play just yet (meaning Hendo/Wijnaldum probably play CM again)

Historically Klopp like to play a more mobile and industrious (is that the correct word ? :oops: ) striker for the tougher away-games. Sturridge was involved in in 3 of the 4 goals against Leicester, and "was flexible throughout the game", whatever that means. He mentions Sturridge's run that opened up the space for Firminho's first goal to be excellent.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep to right word.

Flexible means interchanging (swapping) positions, rather than goal hanging etc. Fluid maybe be a better word for you?

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

blahblah wrote:Yep to right word.

Flexible means interchanging (swapping) positions, rather than goal hanging etc. Fluid maybe be a better word for you?
Thanks. Found the quote from Klopp on Sturridge (from L-pool Echo) - and it's not quite how it was displayed here in Norway;

“Daniel was involved in three or four goals. For the first one, it was a brilliant run. Roberto (Firmino) can make exactly the same run but if Daniel hadn’t made that run he wouldn’t have been free. Being that flexible is the key for all games.”

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So it seems Klopp wasn't giving much info away. Does anyone know the twitter or blog of the Liverpool fan who almost always correctly predicts line-ups?

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Trying to read between the lines here but he's making a point of Firminho's abilities to accomplish the same run, as he's defending something (benching Sturridge?) :P

I'll have a go, but you probably still want to look for that twitter-guy!

Mignolet
Clyne/Lovren/Matip/Milner
Hendo/Wij
Mane/Lallana/Coutinho
Firminho

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I haven't watched them much or to closely this season - is Lalla playing that far forward?

I assumed more a 4-1-2-2-1 with Henderpants behind Wijn and Lalla

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

blahblah wrote:I haven't watched them much or to closely this season - is Lalla playing that far forward?

I assumed more a 4-1-2-2-1 with Henderpants behind Wijn and Lalla
Check out heatmaps for the last two games, compare Lallana to Hendo;

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1080543/Live
 https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1080549/Live

Also, have a look here;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... w-11862193

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”