To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL press conference thread 16/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by Paulista »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Paulista wrote:Southampton have doubts over forwards Rodriguez and Boufal, Austin is already confirmed out, and Middlesborough could have Friend back, but have doubts over Rhodes, Ramirez, and Negredo, so we could be looking at a 0-0 here :)
Please don't. I'm going to watch that match at St. Mary's. All the way from Holland :lol:
Well I have your fellow countryman de Roon coming into my team this week so I hope he scores the winner in a 1-0 :P

Enjoy the match!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Weisenwolf wrote:Me too; Cedric assist would be nice :lol:

Which Dutch team do you follow?
Ajax of course! :)
Paulista wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Paulista wrote:Southampton have doubts over forwards Rodriguez and Boufal, Austin is already confirmed out, and Middlesborough could have Friend back, but have doubts over Rhodes, Ramirez, and Negredo, so we could be looking at a 0-0 here :)
Please don't. I'm going to watch that match at St. Mary's. All the way from Holland :lol:
Well I have your fellow countryman de Roon coming into my team this week so I hope he scores the winner in a 1-0 :P

Enjoy the match!
Hah thanks mate, I hope he doesn't.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Wenger on Mustafi -
It’s a bad one. I don’t know why it happened, but it looks a ‘good’ hamstring strain. Look, the minimum when you go out like that is 21 days.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Paulista wrote:Wenger on Mustafi -
It’s a bad one. I don’t know why it happened, but it looks a ‘good’ hamstring strain. Look, the minimum when you go out like that is 21 days.
Gabriel could be a shout. Mind you Arsenal can't keep a clean sheet. That bloody 1 goal every week (Cech owner)

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Are managers being really cagey this season or is this thread just not getting much love? Realised how much I rely on it for transfers :lol:

Waiting for word on Cedric, Anichebe and Friend. Looks like Hazard is back in training.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Hazard is expected to play but it looks like Anichebe is still a doubt; Moyes says he's not sure he will be fit in time.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Looks like Friend is available

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-12331656

And Cedric, according to Soton's twitter.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/statu ... 3946349569

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Owsler wrote:Are managers being really cagey this season or is this thread just not getting much love?
it's mainly because liquidfootball2 has been "driven" (?) to abandon Fiso (I didn't quite understand why :? ),
and he was the main contributor of updates here (in my perception at least)

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

Owsler wrote:Are managers being really cagey this season or is this thread just not getting much love? Realised how much I rely on it for transfers :lol:

Waiting for word on Cedric, Anichebe and Friend. Looks like Hazard is back in training.
That's being kind. Most are just being down right deceitful :twisted:

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

MoSe wrote:
Owsler wrote:Are managers being really cagey this season or is this thread just not getting much love?
it's mainly because liquidfootball2 has been "driven" (?) to abandon Fiso (I didn't quite understand why :? ),
and he was the main contributor of updates here (in my perception at least)
Shame. I really appreciated the effort he put in.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Owsler wrote:Are managers being really cagey this season or is this thread just not getting much love? Realised how much I rely on it for transfers :lol:

I use to read if for replys that liqfootball used to post. He mentioned he got most of them from the twitter that FFS use.

twitter.com/ffscout

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Weisenwolf wrote:Hazard is expected to play
But he is not expected to start.

" fantasyfootballscout ‏@FFScout 17 min17 minuuttia sitten
Conte confirms that Hazard trained today and is fit for weekend. Yet to decide whether he starts https://goo.gl/2cWzLN "

To me that seems it's possible he starts, but also possible he comes in for a one-pointer cameo.

Anyone considering Hazard :arrow: Payet? Two juicy fixtures for Payet.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Puel: “Cedric was ill for the last game against Stoke, but normally he comes back and is available for this game.”

Pulis on Evans: "Jonny is one of the ones we won't know about until we train".

seem fairly relevant tweets for FISOers.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Chelsea FC
@ChelseaFC
40m
Antonio Conte reports that Eden Hazard has trained today and is fit for tomorrow's game. He has not yet decided whether he starts. #CFC

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Shareef Babu wrote:Chelsea FC
@ChelseaFC
40m
Antonio Conte reports that Eden Hazard has trained today and is fit for tomorrow's game. He has not yet decided whether he starts. #CFC
Is it echoing here? :lol:

Compounder
Wideboy

Post by Compounder »

Anthing from Kloppmiester regarding Orgi still flagged?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Conte's a tricky mofo isn't he. Hazard doesn't strike me as the type of player you sub on, but what do I know.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: RE: Re: FPL press conference thread 16/17

Post by murf »

Compounder wrote:Anthing from Kloppmiester regarding Orgi still flagged?
He said after the game he was ok.

FPL flags being crap yet again (play a proper game)

Nothing in press conference as already said. Sturridge may be back for a cameo

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Sturridge can come on to give Origi a rest after he scores a 20 minute hat trick.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Hughes revealed that both Marc Muniesa and Erik Pieters have been struggling with slight issues recently, but fully expects them to both be available for tomorrow’s clash with Leicester City at the bet365 Stadium.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:
Maybe you are losing something in translation. "He is not expected to start" is incorrect.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Maybe you are losing something in translation. "He is not expected to start" is incorrect.
It is correct. "He is expected to not start" would be incorrect.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Finisher1 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
What Ruth NZ is saying (EDIT: I think! :) ) is that you are taking something from WW's comment that doesn't logically flow. When WW says that that Hazard is expected to play, it does not suggest in the slightest that he is not expected to start - you are just making that bit up, up isn't implied one bit from WW's statement. Unless you've seen elsewhere that Hazard genuinely isn't expected to start, in which case I'm sure we'd all love to see the source.
Last edited by scarletjim on 16 Dec 2016, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
I fully expect him to start. :)

Nothing personal, F1, I was only trying to help actually.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

scarletjim wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
What Ruth NZ is saying is that you are taking something from Conte's comment that doesn't logically flow. When Conte says that he expects Hazard to play, it does not suggest in the slightest that he is not expected to start - you are just making that bit up, up isn't implied one bit from Conte's statement.
"Hazard is expected to start" is a false statement based on Conte's press conference. That is a fact.

He may start or he may not start. Conte's press conference didn't confirm anything.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Finisher1 wrote:"Hazard is expected to start" is a false statement based on Conte's press conference. That is a fact.

He may start or he may not start. Conte's press conference didn't confirm anything.
Yes, that's all correct. 'Hazard is expected to start' does not follow from what Conte has said. But neither does 'He is not expected to start', which is what you said. Neither are correct - we just don't know at present.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

scarletjim wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:"Hazard is expected to start" is a false statement based on Conte's press conference. That is a fact.

Yes, that's all correct. 'Hazard is expected to start' does not follow from what Conte has said. But neither does 'He is not expected to start', which is what you said. Neither are correct - we just don't know at present.
Is he expected to start? No = He is not expected to start

Or you like more "He is not 'expected to start' "? Happy?

I'm not sure why everything I say turns into a pages-long argument :lol:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Yes, that's much better. ;)

Sorry, we were just trying to be clear. I do see what you are trying to say - but over the years, English has become quite lazy, and people rarely say precisely what they mean, so the (often imprecise) colloquial expressions come to mean something slightly different commonly than perhaps you or I would like them to. Most people reading what you wrote originally would take it to mean that the expectation is that Hazard will not start - I know that's not what you meant, but I expect that's how most people would interpret it.

As a slight aside, I was mortified a couple of years ago when I discovered that the word 'literally' was to have a new definition in the dictionary, a meaning which means the precise opposite of it's traditional meaning (!) So after all these years of saying to people "No, you didn't literally laugh your head off" etc, I now have to accept that they have won, they can now use 'literally' as they wish. I queried how the dictionary could possibly change the rules like this, and a colleague explained to me that the dictionary is not a set of rules to be followed on how we should use language, but rather simply a report on how we do use language. Which was a real eye-opener for me.

So no offence intended. :) Back on topic, I don't want to jinx Hazard (as I'm keeping him definitely), but this season 9 times out of 10 when a player has been doubtful, he's ended up playing. (It's the ones who miss out completely unexpectedly that have been the problem!)

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Lamela is still out and Dembele and Janssen will be assessed ahead of Spurs’ clash with Burnley. If Dembele is yellow flagged then they should really yellow flag Kane too. :lol:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

And this is from Chelsea's website when asked about Hazard -
‘Yeah, I think he’s fit,’ Conte reported. ‘He trained today with us.

‘Then, I have to see if I decide to put Eden in the starting XI - not only him, but also for the other players. I have tonight to decide.

‘It’s not easy to play three games in six days. We played against Sunderland on Wednesday and got back at 4am. We have had only one day to prepare for the game and play again at 12.30.

‘For this reason, it’s important to see every single detail and then to take the best decision for tomorrow.’

Wednesday’s win was the first league game of the season Hazard has missed, and Conte highlighted the significance of his squad when some of our key players are unavailable.

‘Before with Eden we played a lot of games and we played very well, and then it can happen that a player has an injury. I hope when we have this type of situation the substitute plays very well.

‘I need all my players in every game and I repeat it’s important to have the possibility to choose, above all when we are in an emergency. Until now, we were lucky we haven’t had a lot of injuries.’

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”