To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nathan Redmond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Nathan Redmond

Post by Finisher1 »

LamebrainEddy wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:Is he finished now? Do we think he is unlikely to play OOP anymore now that they signed Boufal?

Surely he is finished if he is not OOP, right?
Judging by some saints talk I reckon he's two up top with Boufal. Either way not a pressing concern at the moment for me as long as he's still starting
Okay thanks.

I just have this feeling that a regular midfielder Redmond is going to be a total waste of midfield spot. He has played two seasons as a midfielder and has done nothing. It would be really frustrating to waste one midfield spot for a mediocre player from a mediocre team.

But I'm happy to be corrected if someone thinks he can go Mahrez-esque even as a regular midfielder?

Hamlet
Treebeard

Post by Hamlet »

Think I'm going to ditch him with the wildcard, and Tadic, mainly because of how poorly Southampton played at the weekend.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Finisher1 wrote:
Okay thanks.

I just have this feeling that a regular midfielder Redmond is going to be a total waste of midfielder spot. He has played two seasons as a midfielder and has done nothing. It would be a really frustrating to waste one midfield spot for a mediocre player from a mediocre team.

But I'm happy to be corrected if someone thinks he can go Mahrez-esque even as a regular midfielder?
I think if anyone from that price bracket was going to stray into Mahrez territory it would be between Redmond, Januzaj and Bolasie. At the moment with all the big hitters starting to kick on though I'm not worried about sitting on redmond until all becomes clear, for me it's still too early to draw a conclusion. Also its ok to wait because Redmond can easily switch down to the 5.5's even after a few drops.

If I was playing my wildcard however I probably would lean towards switching him for a safer bet just because of how southampton has played

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Redmond :arrow: Nolito... done :wink:

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

He's leaving with my wildcard.

Don't like the uncertainty, don't like the Saints form, and fixtures aren't the best.

If he comes through all that untarnished, I'll then consider bringing him back.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Considering taking him out for Sanchez/Ozil due to Aguero's ban

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Oof I might take him out on my wildcard too. Need to watch the highlights. I did like him as a handy enabler but now thinking I'll splash out in midfield for a few weeks and then butcher my squad to bring Aguero back in. Even if back in midfield he might still be all right though?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I would like to take him out but already taking hits dealing with the Aguero thing and a no show Funes Mori. Redmond has a .1M buffer so can wait.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I'll give him to the Burnley game, if he isn't producing by then, adios.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Isn't new bod crocked?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:I'll give him to the Burnley game, if he isn't producing by then, adios.
From GW6 I'm not sure Capoue isn't a better prospect!

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Weisenwolf wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:I'll give him to the Burnley game, if he isn't producing by then, adios.
From GW6 I'm not sure Capoue isn't a better prospect!
Already got Capoue :D

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Me too but if I'm considering him on the pitch then Redmond is a waste of money on the bench. I prefer Puncheon to Redmond myself.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Weisenwolf wrote:Me too but if I'm considering him on the pitch then Redmond is a waste of money on the bench. I prefer Puncheon to Redmond myself.
0.5m in the bank as well with Punch. Already got Benteke and Palace look rubbish.. as do SOTON, need to tidy up the squad, but Redmond seems like the sort of transfer you make, then the following week he will get a goal and an assist. He's playing striker for SOTON and in FPL is a MF, a cheap enabler, the gamble could pay off, so he gets another few weeks.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

We (Southampton) have been pretty poor so far. We're really missing Pelle and the players are struggling with the new system.

Without Pelle it's easy for teams to setup against us, they know it's all about dropping deep to counter our pace and then getting in the way of the low crosses. I don't think the diamond we are playing works very well without someone like Pelle to mix it up.

I think we will be back to 4231 soon with Boufal at number ten and Tadic/Redmond wide.

For now I've not got any Southampton FPL players.

Whinters
Cheetah

Post by Whinters »

Redmond OUT, Ozil IN for me with the available Aguero funds...

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Has anybody been watching much of Southampton?

How has Redmond been looking? Any danger of dropping to bench at all?

Hopefully looking to give him one last game at home to Swansea before wildcarding. But concerned with lack of output he may be dropped.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He won't be dropped but they all look awful; I'm dumping him as soon as it's convenient.

Even if he does well at Swansea so what? Swansea have only sneaked a win on an away day to Burnley it will hardly make him desirable.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:He won't be dropped but they all look awful; I'm dumping him as soon as it's convenient.
they lived with Arsenal today and were unlucky to lose, imho.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Weisenwolf wrote:He won't be dropped but they all look awful; I'm dumping him as soon as it's convenient.

Even if he does well at Swansea so what? Swansea have only sneaked a win on an away day to Burnley it will hardly make him desirable.
I will be getting rid regardless as will be wildcarding, but want to make sure he's a starter for next week, rather than jumping on Antonio

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

He didn't do bad today. Think he is safe in the team, 1 more week for me

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I love how Redmond is the most nailed attacker on the team. He played solid again this match. Could've easily got an assist for Tadic FK,

created some chances. He will come good, I'm holding on to him for now.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

blahblah wrote:
they lived with Arsenal today and were unlucky to lose, imho.
Only because Arsenal were (almost) as poor.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Agreeing with things being said. Was pretty sure I was going to transfer him out for Antonio, but with Swansea at home next and getting 90 minutes again, it may be stupid to handle the transfer now.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm definitely holding on

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It probably depends what your squad looks like, but it's hard to see a useful downgrade yet. He is still an OOP midfielder, and it is a little harsh to judge him on not scoring at Arsenal.

On the other hand, if you're upgrading to Antonio or similar, then it's hard to argue against the move.

Southampton were exceedingly bad in the first three games though, so Swansea is probably last chance saloon for improved attacking stats (from the team as a whole) since Snodgrass has some good fixtures upcoming.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yeah, monitoring Antonio's price rise, I wouldn't mind upgrading Redmond to him. But I would like to give Redmond some more chances, as he's a top player for 6m. Antonio will likely see a 0.2m rise this week. But I'm done with chasing previous week points earners. It's a bad trend people get into, if you just stick with your guys you often come out better off.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

But Antonio isn't just a one week wonder, he's on blazing form. That .2 could make things tricky later.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Owsler wrote:But Antonio isn't just a one week wonder, he's on blazing form. That .2 could make things tricky later.
It means taking a hit and dropping a good rotatable defender to a shit tier. Or dropping someone like Barkley.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I'm dumping for Antonio.

Southampton looked poor today (as did Arsenal). They seem to be disconnected... It's hard to describe, but the defence, attack and midfield don't look to be clicking. I don't think Redmond is the right player to lead the line. They really miss Pelle.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”