To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nathan Redmond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Nathan Redmond

Post by cesc408 »

Weisenwolf wrote:Despite Saints getting three goals Redmond manages to get nothing again and is half way to a shiny new price of £5.9M.

McArthur & Ledley are cheaper and a better bet IMHO
I don't think they are better bets (opinion) but I'm sure all Redmond owners are very frustrated (as I was before I shipped him). He is playing upfront ahead of Austin and Long (1 has always been benched) and would be fantasy gold if he could get into some goalscoring form. His performances seem OK but he's not getting the points on the board, and thats what FPL is all about.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

I have a funny feeling he will come good so will stick by him. He looked lively again yday and was close to scoring.

I'll see how he gets on v Burnley at home in gmwk 8. By that time he will also be a nice differential.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

wylesy wrote:I have a funny feeling he will come good so will stick by him. He looked lively again yday and was close to scoring.

I'll see how he gets on v Burnley at home in gmwk 8. By that time he will also be a nice differential.
I feel daft now for not wildcarding him out before GW4 but at the time there weren't many other options. Now we have Chadli, Puncheon, Snodgrass all looking more appealing.

Think I will prioritise bringing in an Arsenal defender for Valencia this week and give Redmond one more chance. Rest of the team is fairly settled and balanced with him in at 5.9 now. Guess everyone's finished with the Capoue as 4th mid plan now? That would have been nice :(

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

sunbather wrote:
wylesy wrote:I have a funny feeling he will come good so will stick by him. He looked lively again yday and was close to scoring.

Guess everyone's finished with the Capoue as 4th mid plan now? That would have been nice :(
Watford fixtures are still good this month and he's the 12th most transferred in player this week, so I don't think the plan has been widely abandoned yet.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm going to wait and see on Capoue.

He's at +55.1% and rising and if he gets over the line I can sell him for a tidy £0.4M profit.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I've had Redmond since gw1, am on a wildcard, and am considering giving him one more chance today...is that stupid? I did ship out before he dipped to 5.9 but I've got him back in again as of last night...

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Vsz wrote:I've had Redmond since gw1, am on a wildcard, and am considering giving him one more chance today...is that stupid? I did ship out before he dipped to 5.9 but I've got him back in again as of last night...
There's probably a few long-term holders - myself included - for whom this GW is the Last Chance Saloon for Nathan R. In some ways I'd prefer a decisive 2-pointer to anything other than something decisive in the other direction, like, say an assist and a goal, minimum. Of course that's a large return to ask for a single game, but not too much if we average it out over GWs 2-8.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Yep it's also last chance saloon for me too but I don't know who he could go for. Guess this is the problem of lack of flexibility that people often mention on here.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

sunbather wrote:Yep it's also last chance saloon for me too but I don't know who he could go for. Guess this is the problem of lack of flexibility that people often mention on here.
I'm looking at Mr Snodgrass; not, it must be said, with overwhelming enthusiasm... but at least his price should hold for 2 or 3 weeks while I try to flex up my midfield plan a bit...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Can you lot just sell the bstd so that he can start scoring again...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

He's been sitting in my squad because I've had other priorities. But after this week it looks like time will be up and I will be shipping him if he doesn't at least score.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

ZeroRemorse wrote:He's been sitting in my squad because I've had other priorities. But after this week it looks like time will be up and I will be shipping him if he doesn't at least score.
Even though he scored, I think I will be letting him go, they have City next week and I think if I want a SOTON option in the future I will pick up Austin in place of Big Ben.. we shall see.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Sold last night for Walcott. May get him back in a couple of weeks when the fixtures improve again.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

He's the best value player in the game this year in my opinion. Streets ahead of the likes of Snodgrass he's getting compared to. Returns have been very unlucky so far for those owners who can see this and kept him, even factoring his points yesterday. Hoping his ownership stays low.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

He's up against a lot of competition though in our midfields, and Snodgrass does have pens (while Hernandez is seemingly out of the team) and practically all set pieces.

Obviously balanced against that is that Southampton look like a good side, while Hull, well are Hull. The sub 6.0 midfielder category has come alive a bit recently, it would be great to see a round up of the key choices and their relative benefits.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mo Bot wrote:Sold last night for Walcott. May get him back in a couple of weeks when the fixtures improve again.
Ditto. He was going to be benched this week anyway, and I had 2 FT, so he made way - but straight out of the XV and onto the watch list, and wouldn't be surprised to have him back at some stage.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote: The sub 6.0 midfielder category has come alive a bit recently, it would be great to see a round up of the key choices and their relative benefits.
Agreed - and also of interest (well, to me, at least) is how people are distributing their funds across the MF. If it is Sanchez at one end (of the price range) and someone <=5mil at the other, is there a price gradient across your other 3 (6/7.5/9ish) or a (near-) plane (7.5ish x3)? I started out with a gradient - trying to squeeze Sanchez and KDB both in, but it's evolved towards a plane without me consciously trying to even out the spend.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Mav3rick wrote: The sub 6.0 midfielder category has come alive a bit recently, it would be great to see a round up of the key choices and their relative benefits.
Junior Stanislas:
Pros: In stonking good form! In a team that loves to attach, and with solid players providing him the ammunition. 5.5M is cheap as chips.
Cons: He's Junior Stansilas. He will get an injury, and will come back as half the player.

Yannick Bolasie:
Pros: Plays for Everton, as the most advanced midfielder. Perhaps has the most upside within the price bracket in the division. 6.0, so not exactly cheap or a rotation choice.
Cons: Cow. Arse. Banjo. Just does not understand the goal. Not a goalscorer, so you might well be left with a 3+12 kind of a scenario. Which isn't a bad thing in the price bracket.

Etienne Capoue:
Pros: What a run he's had! 4.9M selling price :lol:
Cons: Glad it's over :D :D :D

Joe Allen:
Pros: Welsh Jesus. Such a neat player. And seems to be playing as the most advanced of the 3 midfielders. If you sub him in today, you make a profit out of Capoue, which is well nigh unbelievable, when you consider that Allen was 0.5 more expensive at the start of the season. And it's been 8 weeks that's all.
Cons: Will have taken Capoue's position as the best first sub, it seems. Stoke does not convince still. What happens to the formation when Shaqiri returns? Shaqiri/ Boni = crosses and headers. And Allen is about 5 feet tall.

Leroy Fer:
Pros: Now wait on for a minute. Wasn't he playing as center forward in a 4-4-2 last game against Arsenal? What the hell was that? Plus, Big Bill is a fine coach, take my word for it.
Cons: A rich man's Capoue, we all thought he was... is it time to change the opinion?

Nathan Redmond:
Pros: Center forward for Southampton. Who are ~ a top 6 team.
Cons: Center forward for Southampton but the main goalscorer is Austin, who is not much costlier. Who are notoriously goal-shy for ~ a top 6 team.

Steven Defour
Pros: Takes all set pieces for what is essentially a set piece team. And is without doubts the best player in said team.
Cons: Said team is Burnley.

Nemanja Matic
Pros: Hmm, interesting.
Cons: Hmm, DM.

Robert Snodgrass
Pros: See Defour.
Cons: See Defour. And take 5 points off for 5 less clean sheets.

Joshua King
Pros: My dark horse in this group. Can rule this segment if given a chance in the first team.
Cons: has been Wilshered.

Alex Iwobi
Pros: You are an awesome player, Obi wan.
Cons: You will be an awesome FF prospect next season, Obi wan.

Roberto Pereyra
Pros: A fantastic player. At his best, will not be out of place in any premier league squad.
Cons: Mazzari is building from the back. Perhaps later int he season, there will be value in Pereyra. Not yet.

My top 5:
1. Bolasie
2. Redmond
3. Stanislas
4. Defour
5. Snodgrass

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Nice write up BB.

Puncheon (5.5) has created a lot of chances, he's joint top with Payet and Tadic over the last 4 weeks, he has very few goal attempts though so he is pretty much just an assister.

Redmond carries a serious amount of goal threat for the money. I assume his price has bottomed out for now, if his fixture list was better I think he'd be nailed on as the best sub-6.0 midfielder for me. The drop off to Allen is significant, but so is the price difference - around 1.0 depending when you buy.

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

baganboy wrote:
Joe Allen:
Cons: What happens to the formation when Shaqiri returns? Shaqiri/ Boni = crosses and headers. And Allen is about 5 feet tall.
Well... :roll: He returned three gameweeks ago and has played 87, 89 and 90 minutes since.

But yeah, didn't mean to be rude. Otherwise a nice write up! :D Some might say you could add Moses 5.5 to that list but I'm not that interested as there's too much competition.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

nufctoon wrote: Moses 5.5 to that list but I'm not that interested as there's too much competition.
Definitely on my radar as Conte seems to lerve him.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

nufctoon wrote: Well... :roll: He returned three gameweeks ago and has played 87, 89 and 90 minutes since
Ouch ;P

Shows you how much I know... Which is ~nothing.

But perhaps no coincidence that Stoke are playing well again with their best player back, eh?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

baganboy wrote:
nufctoon wrote: Well... :roll: He returned three gameweeks ago and has played 87, 89 and 90 minutes since
Ouch ;P

Shows you how much I know... Which is ~nothing.

But perhaps no coincidence that Stoke are playing well again with their best player back, eh?
You mean least bad?

Has Walters been playing?

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

baganboy wrote:Steven Defour
Pros: Takes all set pieces for what is essentially a set piece team. And is without doubts the best player in said team.
Cons: Said team is Burnley.
Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland
Steven Defour (pulled hamstring) will undergo a scan today. Fears that he'll be out for a few weeks. #bfc

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Redmond goal. I traded him for Allen to free up cash this GW.. duhh

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

8-)

Looking good for the CS point as well :lol:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote:8-)

Looking good for the CS point as well :lol:
:lol: Such is the life of an FPL manager, looks like I will bring him back in for Capoue after Watford play Hull. I might double up with Benteke-->Austin as well.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Considering him for Snodgrass, didn't see today. Did he look decent?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, he was actually quite good today.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

IceCreamFirm wrote:Considering him for Snodgrass, didn't see today. Did he look decent?
He's been quite good all season, as others mentioned just unlucky to have not gotten more points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”